Preorder Shadow Hearts (2): Covenant and get Shadow Hearts 1 FREE!! (at GS)

EBGames has the official box art displayed on their site, but no free Shadow Hearts. Just thought you guys may be interested, because it is sexy.
244013.jpg

I think I am going to do this. I tried calling to see if they are doing it B&M as well but he had no idea. I am going to wait a month and see.

awesome, thanks for the deal, I used the code

OVR4GRND

and got overnight shipping for $5.99(normally $9.99) as opposed to the cheapass $1.99 shipping which takes 5-10 days.

Nice, this gives me a nice incentive to preorder. (I was gonna buy it the first day it's out anyway). The copy I own is my cousin's. I was gonna wait til they start giving out trinkets and stuff. Anyone know if this deal applies to B&M? Oh, I can't find it anywhere, but is the Shadow Hearts copy they're giving away used or new?

Dead of Knight, you have most excellent taste, Shadow Hearts was easily my favorite RPG for the PS2.

Holy crap. And apparently, it's not even a used copy.

I was stupid to miss the first Shadow Hearts, and I'm definately not going to miss this second chance.

[quote name='nachzeher']Anyone know if this deal applies to B&M? Oh, I can't find it anywhere, but is the Shadow Hearts copy they're giving away used or new?[/quote]

It's not B&M- yet. That may change in the coming months since the game is still 3 months away, so it's a little early for such a B&M deal. I work at GS B&M and I know for a fact we have not started such a deal.

No clue if it's used or new, but it better be new. Even used it is a steal since it lists right on the search page that a used copy is $25 anyway, so it's like if they'd charge $30 for SH1 new, you'd be getting the sequel for $20.

BTW the girl in my avatar is a playable character in SH2.

I'm not doing this for a few reasons, listed below, but it is such a goddamn amazing deal that anyone else not in my circumstances should:
1. I have already preordered the game at my work, which is GS anyway. I get a 15% employee discount plus I have a chance of getting in on this deal anyway.
2. I already have SH1 as well as the Japanese import of it. It'd be like getting the same game 3 times.

I'm assuming it's new as they do not say it is used. I did a preorder like this once before a long time ago with some lucas arts game (Indiana Jones I think) and they gave you Jedi Starfighter for free. Came new. Either way, sweet deal.

Awesome deal. Ive always wanted to try out SH series. Do they send it all together when the sequel comes out or do they send the first one beforehand. It would be nice to get the first one now so I can have it beat by the time the sequel gets here.

[quote name='Dead of Knight'][quote name='nachzeher']Anyone know if this deal applies to B&M? Oh, I can't find it anywhere, but is the Shadow Hearts copy they're giving away used or new?[/quote]

It's not B&M- yet. That may change in the coming months since the game is still 3 months away, so it's a little early for such a B&M deal. I work at GS B&M and I know for a fact we have not started such a deal.

No clue if it's used or new, but it better be new. Even used it is a steal since it lists right on the search page that a used copy is $25 anyway, so it's like if they'd charge $30 for SH1 new, you'd be getting the sequel for $20.

BTW the girl in my avatar is a playable character in SH2.[/quote]

Anastasia :)

Yea it's a good deal, but used copies of games from GS are not guaranteed boxes or manuals. If this is at my local B&M I'll be all over it, maybe they'd offer me more free shit if I pre-order, lol.

For more screenshots/character info/impressions/wallpaper/downloads, the official Japanese site is:

www.shadowhearts.net

I really doubt its a preowned version. I mean, how would they get enough preowned copies to satisfy preorders? Its most likely new copies and they may have a deal worked out with Midway for a special run of the game for this promotion.

This is a great Deal! Thanks DEAD OF KNIGHT. I've heard many good things about Shadow Hearts but could never find it for under $20. I just pre-ordered my copy! :D

[quote name='Dustin Echoes']I really doubt its a preowned version. I mean, how would they get enough preowned copies to satisfy preorders? Its most likely new copies and they may have a deal worked out with Midway for a special run of the game for this promotion.[/quote]

It does not say it's pre-owned, therefore they cannot sell you pre-owned copies legally. Quite simply, they would be lying to you unless they state that you get a pre-owned copy.

Not only that, it's like you say: How the hell would they get so many pre-owned copies?

This basically killed Sudeki and Tales of Symphonia's pre-order offers, although I want Fable so much I might pre-order that anyway.

Question: It's possible to cancel preorders right? I think I will preorder this now, but if they offer this in their B&M location later on I wanna have the option of getting it there.

So uh...is it possible to cancel preorders at GS? I've done it at EB before, but I just don't know the policy for GS. Any info will be appreciated, thanks.

Wow, this is an amazing promotion. I was planning on picking up .hack//outbreak, but now with this deal I kind of feel inclined to pick it up instead...

Is there any risk of this promotion ending? Or is it going to go on till the day of release? I may wait to order it, since right now gamestop.com isn't offering any coupons I could stack with this, plus I kinda want to see what happens next in the .hack series :lol:

Hm...is this game really that good? I hear all these great reviews from you guys, but IGN gave this game a 5.5 :eek:

It seems to have really high reader reviews though....

Well, reviewers who played the game for a few hours didn't like it, but people who played the game all the way through did (ie me). I just think that many people didn't give it enough of a chance.

[quote name='nachzeher']Well, reviewers who played the game for a few hours didn't like it, but people who played the game all the way through did (ie me). I just think that many people didn't give it enough of a chance.[/quote]

Heh, I'm sorta like that. Usually when I get the game I'll play it for a bit, and if it doesn't start off great, it'll sit on my shelf and I'll pick up another game. But then, then I'll get bored one day and I'll pop it in and I'll get hooked :lol:

I think there is a great chance this will continue through release everywhere. Seems to be a trend Midway is keeping with its new releases. ie The Suffering/Midway Treasures, PsiOps/Mortal Kombat.
So Im sure we can expect to see this everywhere closer to release. Great stuff.

Shadow Hearts is an amazing game, and if you're even the least bit interested in RPGs, definitely pick it up. I bought Shadow Hearts two years ago, on a whim, and fell in love with it. The atmosphere is absolutely incredible, and the battle system rocks (judgement ring all the way!). Thanks for the heads up, I'll definitely take advantage of this deal. Even though I already own the first SH, having another sealed copy sent to me, for free is no problem at all. :)

Yep, SH2 is two DVDs and has cutscenes al la Final Fantasy X. The battle system is a HIGHLY IMPROVED version of the original, with the judgment ring but a shitlod of new additions that make it more fun. Hyuga is the main character again. If people don't take advantage of this deal I'll be disappointed.

Got it - a great deal, thanks! Midway is really doing some great pre-order specials. It would be nice if other companies followed suit.

Jeremy

[quote name='JasonTerminator']
This basically killed Sudeki and Tales of Symphonia's pre-order offers[/quote]what are their bonuses?

[quote name='nachzeher']I hope they don't go overboard with the cutscenes though, that's what put me off FFX in the first place.[/quote]

It's not overboard, they advance the storyline and are always interesting.

[quote name='Dead of Knight'][quote name='nachzeher']I hope they don't go overboard with the cutscenes though, that's what put me off FFX in the first place.[/quote]

It's not overboard, they advance the storyline and are always interesting.[/quote]

Are you talking about SH II or FFX?

Good to know. :) I'm assuming you have the japanese version? I was seriously thinking of getting for awhile when it looked as though they weren't releasing it over here.

[quote name='nachzeher']So uh... can we cancel preorders at GS?[/quote]

Yup, all you got to do is send an email (email address available on their website or in the confirmation email they send you after ordering) with your order number and ask them to cancel it within 48 hours (may be 24) of when it's supposed to ship out. I have canceled a few preorders in the past, and they never give me grief. They send out an email thanking me for my business and telling me my order is cancelled.

If the original ships before the second is released, and you call to cancel your order just to get a free game, they usually require you give the promotional copy back to cancel. Atleast thats how it works around me with the B&M stores.

Although I have never had a special like this ship the bonus ahead of time. With breakdown, psi-ops, and the suffering the free game shipped when the game was released.

[quote name='nachzeher']Good to know. :) I'm assuming you have the japanese version? I was seriously thinking of getting for awhile when it looked as though they weren't releasing it over here.[/quote]

Yes, if you read my first post in the thread you would know that. [-X

bread's done
Back