Preorder Xenoblade Chronicles CE for £49.99 at GAME/reg.ed. for £29.95 at thehut

Nintendonly

CAGiversary!
We all know that Nintendo of America ain't budging, so the next best thing is to order from a site that ships internationally (HMV.co.uk does as well, but Xenoblade Chronicles isn't in their database yet). Go here to preorder XB.

I've been getting this error message when trying to complete my order-

"Unfortunately we have not been able to complete your order online in this instance. For your protection, we have a series of comprehensive anti-fraud and safety measures. However, these can sometimes be triggered for wholly innocent reasons. Please contact our Customer Services Team on 0871 200 1221 to complete placing your order on this occasion."

Any ideas on how to solve this?

Keep in mind that you MUST have a Wii that can play PAL-region games.

---
December 02, 2011 EDIT:

Xenoblade Chronicles has been confirmed to come out in North America! W00T!!!

Press release-

XENOBLADE CHRONICLES COMING TO NINTENDO'S WII CONSOLE IN SPRING

Dec. 2, 2011

It's man vs. machine in a new game coming to Nintendo's Wii™ console in spring. Xenoblade Chronicles™ asks players to use the Monado blade to take on a seemingly endless series of invading Mechon robots in a sweeping role-playing adventure.

The main character is Shulk, a weapons researcher who must confront the Mechon by wielding the ancient Monado blade. It's the only weapon that has any effect against the Mechon, and it also enables Shulk to see the future.

Players can customize their characters with a variety of weapons and armor choices, as well as headgear, boots and gloves. As in many role-playing games, players can then gain experience and upgrade their characters. Players can watch their enemies, learn their tactics and unleash real-time counterattacks.

The vast open world of Xenoblade Chronicles is ripe for exploration. Players can avert their focus from the main story and venture out looking for other challenges and side quests. Hidden areas and unique monsters are scattered throughout the game's massive world, which players can explore freely.

Xenoblade Chronicles has already launched in Japan and Europe, and has received unanimously positive reviews, including several perfect scores.

Xenoblade Chronicles will be available exclusively through U.S. GameStop retail locations, http://www.gamestop.com and http://www.nintendo.com at a suggested retail price of $49.99 in the United States. Additional information about the game will be announced in the future. For more information, visit http://xenobladechronicles.nintendo.com.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='johnmirra']just curious why did they cancel your order, i bought from gameplay and had it here in 9 days.[/QUOTE]

Originally, somewhere in this thread, I talked about how GAME wouldn't finalize my order due to "credit card" issues.

Then, I tried Gamestation, who would have an error message at the shipping select spot, which I inquired about but they gave me the ol' "we have no plans to fix the checkout system for non-UK customers" response.

Then I eventually found Gameplay (bear in mind, they are all the same company) who finalized my order with no problems on July 7, 2011 (the day that Xenoblade was first available for preorder on Gameplay's site).

It wasn't until August 16, 2011 that I received an email from Gameplay with this message-

"Dear **** ******,

Thank you for ordering Xenoblade Chronicles (Nintendo Wii) with Gameplay.

We regret to inform you that this order cannot be fulfilled on this occasion.

Although your order has now been cancelled, you are welcome to re-order by
visiting gameplay.co.uk .

In the event that your card issuer has declined your card we are unable to give
a specific reason as this information is not made available to us. You may wish
to contact your card issuer to check your details are correct before
re-ordering.

Sorry for any disappointment caused.

Yours sincerely

Samm Bowyer
Gameplay After Sales
"

I contacted my credit card company, and they said that there is no record of an attempt at sale, so it seems like it doesn't even go through on anyone's end. I even tried submitting an order while having my credit card company on the phone and got the same response by the customer service rep on the other end.

Essentially, I've done some research and GAME's/Gameplay's credit card fraud protection program is busted, and won't work with my credit card for whatever reason. I think it is due to that issue GAME had a few years back (or it could have been 2010) when people's credit card info were stolen. So then they had to change everything around, but now they've alienated a few customers.

And I know it is only GAME and its subsidiaries because I've ordered from The Hut, ASDA, and Sendit.com plenty of times and with this same credit card.

[quote name='62t']nice picture. Did that came in a box or padded envelope.[/QUOTE]

it came in a box with padding all around it, it was in perfect condition when i opened it. Not a bent corner or ding in the box, better then most companies i order from domestically:roll:

[quote name='johnmirra']That really stinks[/QUOTE]

You know what's funny? After typing that up, I went to go check Gamestation to see if they fixed their shipping selection issue for the hell of it, and wouldn't you know it? They did! So I just completed the order. Hopefully I don't get a bounce-back issue akin to GAME/Gameplay. But they are the same company, so I'm expecting the same issue again anyway.

[quote name='Nintendonly']You know what's funny? After typing that up, I went to go check Gamestation to see if they fixed their shipping selection issue for the hell of it, and wouldn't you know it? They did! So I just completed the order. Hopefully I don't get a bounce-back issue akin to GAME/Gameplay. But they are the same company, so I'm expecting the same issue again anyway.[/QUOTE]

well i hope for your sake it goes through, i only booted it up for about 5 min but it looks gorgeous.

Thanks for the best wishes.

I'll consider any outcome as a win, anyway. I may love the game, but I need money AND TIME for school. So if it doesn't go through, I'll still "win". Plus the chance of it going down in price.

Well, my "test" with that Gamestation order was cancelled by them today. It was for the best, anyway. Like I said, I need the money and time for school, and apparently the exchange rate for GBP->USD went up significantly.

Ahhh that still kinda sucks, with as easy as all of this worked out for me ill definately be ordering The Last Story and Pandoras Tower once they come out in Europe.

How do these orders come in, through USPS, UPS, Fed Ex? I am just curious because my game was sent out on I think Monday and I would like to know how to expect it because the USPS and Amazon have resulted in some lost packages so I am concerned.

[quote name='Takeda Kenshi']On a completely unrelated note, Mr. Humphries is awesome.[/QUOTE]

Yes, haha, thank you probably one of my top 5 sit-com characters of all time

you guys convinced me to mod my wii and i just ordered my xenoblades from gameplay

@Nintendonly i noticed as i was checking out that they have a small notice stating they cannot accept Mastercard at this time, idk if thats the type of card you had?, anyway i have a mastercard so i had borrow my friends visa, hopefully no cancellations and i see the game here in 9 days =)

[quote name='henry00x']you guys convinced me to mod my wii and i just ordered my xenoblades from gameplay

@Nintendonly i noticed as i was checking out that they have a small notice stating they cannot accept Mastercard at this time, idk if thats the type of card you had?, anyway i have a mastercard so i had borrow my friends visa, hopefully no cancellations and i see the game here in 9 days =)[/QUOTE]

I used to have a Master Card on that account, but they converted it over to Visa about two years ago. Visa and Master Card are nearly the same anyway so that's a moot point, and I'm sure 90+% people out there use VMC for these international purchases anyway. I just have bad luck.

I finally received my LE copy from GAME.co.uk, but I didn't realize when I preordered that those who purchased online weren't getting the 3 posters (story here) and in retrospect I really don't need an additional classic controller (especially since I don't have the LE red wii and Nintendo doesn't sell the red wiimotes here.) So, I'm thinking of just flipping my sealed LE copy on eBay and picking up a regular edition instead.

So here's my question: Which retailer should I order from? thehut.com, zavvi.com, and shopto.net all have the regular edition for $29.95 and free shipping. I don't care if it comes in a bubble mailer vs. a box, I'm really just interested in playing the game! Any recommendations? Any bad experiences or horror stories?

@Nintendonly: If I do decide to pick up a regular edition, would you be interested in buying my LE edition? I'm not interesting in making a profit, just recouping my loss, and I don't mind eating shipping if that's a problem. I don't have any trading feedback here on CAG but you can check out my feedback on both the Amazon marketplace (seller: OtakuFerret) and eBay (seller: ferretboy79). Just PM me if you're interested. ;)

Still waiting for my copy (it's been a week now). How long did it take you guys on average to get yours with Royal Mail? Basically I don't have no tracking on it so I am curious.

yah same here i was really hoping id get it soon while im still on vacation til sept 11th. i ordered from asda. really want to play this game bad.

[quote name='OtakuFerret']I finally received my LE copy from GAME.co.uk, but I didn't realize when I preordered that those who purchased online weren't getting the 3 posters (story here) and in retrospect I really don't need an additional classic controller (especially since I don't have the LE red wii and Nintendo doesn't sell the red wiimotes here.) So, I'm thinking of just flipping my sealed LE copy on eBay and picking up a regular edition instead.

So here's my question: Which retailer should I order from? thehut.com, zavvi.com, and shopto.net all have the regular edition for $29.95 and free shipping. I don't care if it comes in a bubble mailer vs. a box, I'm really just interested in playing the game! Any recommendations? Any bad experiences or horror stories?[/QUOTE]

The link you posted talked a bit about contacting GAME if you ordered online (and subsequently did not receive the posters). By chance, have you tried doing that? It might be a long-shot but would be worth it if they fix the problem and send you the posters.

[quote name='gauu']yah same here i was really hoping id get it soon while im still on vacation til sept 11th. i ordered from asda. really want to play this game bad.[/QUOTE]

Same here. Ordered from asda, but still waiting. Least I'm not the only one :)

[quote name='tommythethumb']The link you posted talked a bit about contacting GAME if you ordered online (and subsequently did not receive the posters). By chance, have you tried doing that? It might be a long-shot but would be worth it if they fix the problem and send you the posters.[/QUOTE]

If I understand what I've read elsewhere, customers in the UK who preordered online could contact GAME and get the posters from a GAME store with proof of preorder, although some GAME stores did not have all or any of the posters remaining. I have not heard of anyone getting the posters by mail.

It's frustrating that GAME.co.uk and its sister sites are so unfriendly to importers, with 2 broken checkout systems and the main site having antifraud protection that makes it difficult to use an overseas credit card. I tried numerous times on all 3 sites and was only successful when I had my credit card company LIVE on the phone while I completed the checkout process.

Also, for any of you who have PM'd me regarding the collector's bundle, I won't consider reselling it until I hear back from Nintendonly. He's the OP of this very thread and I would not even had procured my own copy if I hadn't read about it here first. I just want to give him the opportunity since he might not have an alternate card or way to order it overseas, and the eBay markups can get ridiculous. I'll make a separate post in the CAG trading forum if he declines or I don't hear back in a few days.

[quote name='OtakuFerret']It's frustrating that GAME.co.uk and its sister sites are so unfriendly to importers, with 2 broken checkout systems and the main site having antifraud protection that makes it difficult to use an overseas credit card. I tried numerous times on all 3 sites and was only successful when I had my credit card company LIVE on the phone while I completed the checkout process.[/QUOTE]
My order went through on my US credit card on the first try at GAME.co.uk. I guess YMMV. When did yours ship, by the way? Still waiting for mine, it shipped on the 16th.

Sorry about not responding soon enough. My power's been down.

@OtakuFerret: I appreciate the offer, and I would have definitely jumped on that, but sadly, I am currently in a bind. You can proceed to make an offer to the next person in line. Thanks anyway, though.

phew you scared me a sec thinking the game was faulty or something and got bad reviews lol. sorry about the website though.

[quote name='OtakuFerret']If I understand what I've read elsewhere, customers in the UK who preordered online could contact GAME and get the posters from a GAME store with proof of preorder, although some GAME stores did not have all or any of the posters remaining. I have not heard of anyone getting the posters by mail.

It's frustrating that GAME.co.uk and its sister sites are so unfriendly to importers, with 2 broken checkout systems and the main site having antifraud protection that makes it difficult to use an overseas credit card. I tried numerous times on all 3 sites and was only successful when I had my credit card company LIVE on the phone while I completed the checkout process.

Also, for any of you who have PM'd me regarding the collector's bundle, I won't consider reselling it until I hear back from Nintendonly. He's the OP of this very thread and I would not even had procured my own copy if I hadn't read about it here first. I just want to give him the opportunity since he might not have an alternate card or way to order it overseas, and the eBay markups can get ridiculous. I'll make a separate post in the CAG trading forum if he declines or I don't hear back in a few days.[/QUOTE]

I dont get the hate for game.co.uk... did any of you having problems with them actually CALL them? I got that issue too when i was placing an order for several items, and theres a number to call at the end. I waited untill like 2-3 am my time and called over there. Got a very friendly gal very quickly who put my order through no problem and gave me free shipping too boot. My items arrived in a REAL cardboard box in mint condition. Couldn't have been happier

to all those whining about their customer service, try actually CALLING them.

now about not actually getting what was listed.. ya thats BS, but that sounds like that may have been an issue with both nintendo AND them

*sigh* wish wii was region free, i really wanted to play this game

Has anyone had any luck with Zavvi? I was considering ordering from them and wondered if anyone had any opinions or if there is somewhere that they would recommend ordering from (even though I probably missed out on the LE bundles).

[quote name='jedimario']Has anyone had any luck with Zavvi? I was considering ordering from them and wondered if anyone had any opinions or if there is somewhere that they would recommend ordering from (even though I probably missed out on the LE bundles).[/QUOTE]

This is the lowdown on Zavvi. Some people find them just fine, some people loathe them for alleged improper packaging for crushable items. Consensus is that their site is archaic and that they have nonexistent customer service. Among UK retailers that ship to the US they are competitively priced and offer free shipping on games. They seem to ship games in a timely manner upon release, but receiving games can take a long time, not that I believe this has anything to do with Zavvi itself. It's not an option for an LE bundle, but it's likely your easiest option in general for ordering Xenoblade.

I will mention that my copy shipped from Zavvi on the 14th and I still haven't received it. I've had waits this long and longer for various games from them, but it still makes me nervous.

A quick question, about the Wii. I was thinking of getting a Wii soon, but are Wii games region locked? I guess I've been spoiled by the PS3's region free games, but since Monado may not come to the US, might dip in the future for the UK version.

[quote name='Kenshindono']I dont get the hate for game.co.uk...[/QUOTE]

Pointing out a flawed CC fraud checking system for international customers is not hate. They just have a broken system that needs to be fixed.

As for your "just give 'em a call!"... unless my income is at least $500,000 a year, I am not spending $10 a minute to call a video game store overseas to order a game. You have to be fucking nuts.

[quote name='SePh1r0tH']Some of the reviews stated that the wrong items were sent out and they would not do a return that's why I'm still worried. Hopefully that doesn't happen.[/QUOTE]

Wouldn't worry. People are much more likely to complain about a web site than praise it.

[quote name='Nintendonly']Pointing out a flawed CC fraud checking system for international customers is not hate. They just have a broken system that needs to be fixed.

As for your "just give 'em a call!"... unless my income is at least $500,000 a year, I am not spending $10 a minute to call a video game store overseas to order a game. You have to be fucking nuts.[/QUOTE]

Ever heard of skype? It would be about 10 cents per minute.

gameplay cancelled my order and now its out of stock, guess im SOL

OtakuFerret, i PM'd you and would like to purchase your LE edition if you still want to sell it, thanks

So I checked out my Game.co.uk order and just realized that the adress is wrong.
(The the adress doesn't even exist so I at least dont have to worry about someone else getting it)

Anyway how will me getting refunded for this work?
I'm assuming that it'll get sent back and what not, I have emailed them but I never got a reply back yet.

[quote name='bigdbo622']Just got my Copy from thehut. It shipped out a few days prior to the official release date. Cant Wait...[/QUOTE]

This gives me some hope. My copy also shipped around the same time. Hopefully by the long weekend.

[quote name='Jawmuncher']So I checked out my Game.co.uk order and just realized that the adress is wrong.
(The the adress doesn't even exist so I at least dont have to worry about someone else getting it)

Anyway how will me getting refunded for this work?
I'm assuming that it'll get sent back and what not, I have emailed them but I never got a reply back yet.[/QUOTE]

I'd contact USPS first, they're fairly good at finding these types of mistakes, given the volume of package they have to deliver... assuming you used the right name and at least the right zip code.

[quote name='Vinny']I'd contact USPS first, they're fairly good at finding these types of mistakes, given the volume of package they have to deliver... assuming you used the right name and at least the right zip code.[/QUOTE]

I actually did everything but the city is correct
I guess i'll check with them thanks

[quote name='bigdbo622']Just got my Copy from thehut. It shipped out a few days prior to the official release date. Cant Wait...[/QUOTE]

Me too! :)

bread's done
Back