Preowned Hard Drive for 44.99

ragepower

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Holy Crap, some idiot traded in a PS2 Hard Drive at work today, and I looked at the price we were selling it. Ummm yeah I bought that up only 44.99 thats a freaking great deal in my opinion hehe. Just call your local EB's and see if htey have had any traded in then pick up... OH if you have that GMR card you get 10% off that price to.

Whats kinda funny is the fact that he only got 25 Dollars trade in on it hehehehhe.

Wait technically he only got 20... because he took Cash

well, sorta. its in the wrong place if hes bragging about getting one.

its in the right place if hes telling everyone that you can get a used HDD for $45 at EB.

sounds like a little of both. I dunno. call it in the air.

[quote name='munch']i think this is the wrong place for your post.[/quote]

Not really. Several people have been looking to buy the PS2 hard drive without FFXI, and the OP is letting everyone know that they might be able to find a used one at their local EB (or maybe even GameStop) for $45.

I was informing everyone about it first, and bragging second lol. Mine came with everything almost new. The original owner never used it, it looks like. FFXI came with it hehehe.

[quote name='ragepower']I was informing everyone about it first, and bragging second lol. Mine came with everything almost new. The original owner never used it, it looks like. FFXI came with it hehehe.[/quote]

Well there is at least one problem with this. If the previous owned didn't use it, then that means that he didn't register Final Fantasy XI to play it...so unless it came with the booklet with the registration codes in it, it will do you no good....and if it IS registered to play online with Final Fantasy XI, then it would have HIS credit card info in it to charge his account. So unless you pull a Cloudspekk and wrongfully use his payment information, you couldn't use it...and you couldn't change the info, cause again, you don't have the registration codes...Im just assuming you don't have the Final Fantasy XI booklet though since you didn't mention it......hehehehe

no no no no no ... sorry.... It came with EVERYTHING absolutely everything a new one comes with. Utility disc, booklet, etc... EVERYTHING hehehehe

Hmm, I hope some people trade in their hard drives around here. I consider this a pretty hot deal for people who want the HDD but not FFXI

WHOA WHOA WHOA ?????? I just saw this on the Playstation.com website

you can buy this for only 99.99 this is a GRRRRREAT deal

• Linux Kit (for PlayStation 2) release 1.0 software

• Monitor Cable Adaptor (for PlayStation 2) (with Audio Connectors)

• Internal Hard Disk Drive (40 GB) (for PlayStation 2)

• Network Adaptor (Ethernet) (for PlayStation 2) [10/100 Base-T]

• USB Keyboard (for PlayStation 2) & USB Mouse (for PlayStation 2)

all that is included for only 99 bucks ??? of course no FFXI, but for all the other stuff thats a GREAT deal

Does anyone know if the HDD, and Modem work if not used with the linux software... lets say someone buys that stuff and wants to use it for Resident Evil Outbreak (which I think is a cool game btw)

that is pretty sweet. it used to be double the price for the linux kit. and if you have any interest at all in the OS, its worth it.

[quote name='ragepower']Does anyone know if the HDD, and Modem work if not used with the linux software... lets say someone buys that stuff and wants to use it for Resident Evil Outbreak (which I think is a cool game btw)[/quote]

I'm pretty sure that the Linux kit is not usable for gaming purposes, but I'm not certain. If the drive comes with Linux on it, it's most likely formatted in the ext2 or ext3 format, as opposed to fat or fat32, which I'd assume the HDD packed in with FFXI is formatted in.

GMR card gives you 10% off used games and acc. and 10 month subscription for GMR. You can get it at any eb for $10.

I'll have to keep that in mind for when GT4 comes out, that's pretty much the only reason I have so far to be interested in the PS2 HDD.

Or Sony could just do a GT4/HDD $99 bundle...

GT4 is supposedly going to have downloadable cars and tracks but I don't expect they will confirm anything about what it will do with the HDD until E3.

If they make it support custom soundtracks I will absolutely buy it.

You could always buy the PC version of FFXI for the registration codes if the previous owner already used them, if you feel like playing the game down the line. But then there was no real point to saving the money buying it used. :D

yeah I just figured that out last night you can create and delete folders on the HDD and then save your memory card saves to them which is pretty cool.

[quote name='"jousley']...So unless you pull a Cloudspekk and wrongfully use his payment information...[/quote]

lol is "pulling a Cloudspekk" a CAG slang now?.. haah.. btw Cloudspekk is a criminal disguising himself as a CAG, or maybe hes jus so much of a CAG that he rather steal then deal with deals... :twisted: thats scary, but good thing that he will be charged with mail fraud hopefully before 2006... cause our judicial system works so well....

the linux kit comes with an unformated drive but you can probably format it on your own with your pc using some crazy tools

bread's done
Back