Pretty cool huh? It’s my Animality. Fighter Thread XLVII!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Chacrana']SF IV, Bionic Commando, and RE5 = Capcom Tower of Power. They should just release all of them on the same day and see what happens. The world would fuckin' end, because people would realize that such a day cannot be improved upon.[/quote]

And they should do it on election day.

So, are the KoF games about big combos, or just the right attacks at the right times? Seems a lot more complicated then Soul Calibur lol.

Somewhere in between, really. It's a hell of a lot less combo-happy than Guilty Gear or Melty Blood, for example, but there's more of an emphasis on combos than in Street Fighter.

man this is the worst fuckin console generation ever...

wtf is the point anymore?!?!?!?! we've all forgotten what makes gaming good and have thus turned focus on who has the biggest dick.

fuck multiplat... gaming was way cooler when you needed one console to play Magical Quest and another one to play Chakan the Forever Man

I'm having a sick nasty ammount of fun with KoF tonight. I love how you can go into practice and button mash, and it tells you if you combo. Much more fun to find them on your own then looking them up online.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']Why does it still baffle me that the general gaming public thinks Tekken 5 DR on PS3 is a port of the PSPs Tekken Dark Resurrection...?
[/QUOTE]

Not to sound like an ass or elitist, but you answered your own question ReRo....."General Gaming Public"

With that said, I'm definitely getting T6 for PS3. Just makes sense since I have TTT on PS2 and T5DR on PS3. Keeping it in the family.

I'm glad the console version of SFIV will have more characters. Though I liked the cast already and loved playing as the new ones (GO ABEL!), I'll be glad to have some old standby's.

[quote name='MarkMan']http://sdtekken.com

So you 360 owners... I'll get to beat you up TOO.[/quote]

I guess that answers my question. Can't wait. WELCOME TO THE DARK SIDE, TEKKEN!!!:twisted::twisted::twisted:

:360: = The official next-gen fighter system confirmed.

@GuilewasNK - I'm glad to have turned someone else on to Menage A 3.:D It really is one of the best web comics I've ever read.

Xbox 360 has way more fighters...

I just WISH... WISH. There was a reliable PS1/PS2 to 360 converter for controllers.

sigh....

Oh well. Dual PCB mods for your sticks! Do it!

still don't think install times are really a thing to bother... one time install of say 7 min and then never again.

i can understand if it's like MGS4 with multiple installs but not single time installs.

[quote name='BlueSwim']I guess that answers my question. Can't wait. WELCOME TO THE DARK SIDE, TEKKEN!!!:twisted::twisted::twisted:

:360: = The official next-gen fighter system confirmed.
[/quote]

Until there's a decent stick or converter for it...sorry, no.

[quote name='MarkMan']Xbox 360 has way more fighters...

I just WISH... WISH. There was a reliable PS1/PS2 to 360 converter for controllers.[/quote]

Me too.

[quote name='gunm']Until there's a decent stick or converter for it...sorry, no.[/quote]

So a good stick is all it takes? ;)

@RelentlessRolento - Amen on the d-pad, but I stand by the statement nonetheless.

Look what the 360 has to offer fighting game players, Tekken 6(Former PS3 exclusive), Dead Or Alive 4(360 exclusive), Street Fighter IV, Soul Calibur IV, Virtua Fighter 5 Online(Arcade version C upgrade, online, both 360 exclusive), Battle Fantasia(Currently 360 only in the U.S.), Soul Calibur 1(Currently XBLA exclusive), Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe & King of Fighters XII to name a few. The fact is that if you want fighting games, the 360 is the best choice. That's why I said that.:cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='JEKKI']otherwise I dont have any place to put an xbox if I get one -_-

the thing is so big too, I dont even kno where I'd put it[/quote]
Huh? This aint the original Xbox we're talkin about. The 360 is pretty close to the size of the PS3. Maybe a little smaller.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']still don't think install times are really a thing to bother... one time install of say 7 min and then never again.

i can understand if it's like MGS4 with multiple installs but not single time installs.[/quote]

From my personal experience "install times" was a huge/boring pain. I'll stick with my 360.

[quote name='SmallWind']http://xbox360.ign.com/dor/objects/14211549/street-fighter-iv/videos/streetf_sakura_100808.html

Sakura in action in SFIV. :) She has a double srk.[/quote]

I love it. Thanks for the vid.

[quote name='Rodimus']From my personal experience "install times" was a huge/boring pain. I'll stick with my 360.[/quote]

To me, it's a minor annoyance. Still it's ironic, considering the 360 is introducing HDD installs now. At least the 360 one is optional (for now).

[quote name='MarkMan']Don't forget King of Fighters UM 98... all the XBLA DLs... KOF XII... oops. ;)[/quote]
I hope you're not saying what I think you're saying. I'd like to buy KOF XII in the store. Would be awesome though

Ahhh... some people were flooding my email... I ended up reverting it back...

For the sake of memories though...

2926589768_00a838c119_o.jpg

[quote name='heavyd853']Guilty gear 2:Overture isn't a fighting game![/quote]

You are indeed correct. I could have sworn that it was announced/marketed as a 3D fighter. My bad.:cool:

Some new Dead Or Alive Online(PC) screens are up at IGN. Looks below what the Xbox 1 DOA games did graphics wise. Just look at Hitomi's legs in screen number 4.

[quote name='SmallWind']
New TvC characters:
c20081009tastucap05cs1wtd5.jpg
[/quote]

Is it wrong that I had absolutely no interest in TvC until this?

[quote name='gunm']Not me, I'd rather have a disc-based KOFXII. I'm starting to get low on 360 HDD space as it is.[/QUOTE]

Ditto, but more because my 360's ready to break any day now.

[quote name='Chibi_Kaji']Is it wrong that I had absolutely no interest in TvC until this?[/QUOTE]

Uh... yeah. Dude, that's the most pedo reason you could have!

Hooray for Sakura! I'm still waiting on some gameplay vids of Cammy. For winning the character contest, they sure are taking their sweet time in introducing her.

I played waaaaaay too much Tekken Force mode back in the day. I love that shit, even though it was kinda ghetto.

I really hope SF IV's extra modes are good. I think the most time-consuming shit I've played in a fighter was VF5's Quest mode, and I loved it because the difficulty ramped up so gradually that you could feel yourself becoming a better player, and you were never without a perfect challenge. So basically, if SF IV rips that off completely, I'll be thrilled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back