Price cut for Xbox One systems/bundles. Starting at $299.

I'm excited for the new consoles. I just got the uncharted bundle and slapped a 1tb hard drive in it and I don't feel at all like I'm getting shafted. These consoles are what we need especially since technology is moving so fast. They really should've made some pieces upgradeable (n64) but whatever.

I'm excited to see what both companies bring to the table. If Microsoft blows us away I can finally convince myself to get a Xbox

Wii U may be a garbage console, but it brings the games without even trying. Xenoblade 2, Bayonetta 2, SMT x Fire Emblem, Splatoon, Donkey Kong Country, Super Mario Maker (crazy game), Star Fox Zero, and Fatal Frame, just to name a few of the dozens and dozens of great exclusives they have. Nintendo left the Wii U out to die and it still got great exclusive after great exclusive. What does Senor Bone have? Halo, GoW, Forza, Killer Microtransactions, Sunset Overdrive, and remakes. Yawn. *falls asleep*

I dont think cheap would even cut it for me. Maybe if it was 100 bucks then Id get one so I can not play it.

I went with a PS4 for current gen and there are some games on xbone Id like to try but I just dont have the time to buy another current gen system to justify it. Between wiiu, ps4, ps3, vita and my pc I cant even keep up. I just cant see myself dropping several hundred dollars on a system that has a library of games that are mostly on the other current gen system I already own. Not even for a slim model, not even for a xbone 1.5, not even for hololens.
No, I mean it's $249 more than it should be. In other words, it should be $50. That's the price I'll buy at, mainly for Rare Replay.

I bought the xbone GOW bundle back a while ago for $299 and got a $100 BB gift card. I also own a PS4. Between discounts on Xbox games, backwards compatibility, free or super cheap codes, and superior Games With Gold vs PS Plus lately I feel its come close to paying for itself. The super easy and cheap external storage options ($25-$30 externals are everywhere) are also nice.

Oh and don't forget Cuphead coming later this year! Game looks amazing!

Wii U may be a garbage console, but it brings the games without even trying. Xenoblade 2, Bayonetta 2, SMT x Fire Emblem, Splatoon, Donkey Kong Country, Super Mario Maker (crazy game), Star Fox Zero, and Fatal Frame, just to name a few of the dozens and dozens of great exclusives they have. Nintendo left the Wii U out to die and it still got great exclusive after great exclusive. What does Senor Bone have? Halo, GoW, Forza, Killer Microtransactions, Sunset Overdrive, and remakes. Yawn. *falls asleep*

No, I mean it's $249 more than it should be. In other words, it should be $50. That's the price I'll buy at, mainly for Rare Replay.
It sounds like the console isn't for you, I don't know why you would torture yourself just to play Rare Replay.

Wii U doesn't have dozens & dozens of great exclusives. I can agree with 1 dozen. The fact that you named two mediocre to bad games like Star Fox Zero & Fatal Frame show how weak your claim is. You really shouldn't diss remakes either two of those 12 great Wii U exclusives are remakes Wind Waker & Twilight Princess. Also how do you know SMTx FE is great it's not even out yet. Your fanboy is showing cover that up.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had a Wii U but I sold it for an X1 since the online component from Nintendo is a joke. Took me about a month to play Bayonetta 2, DKC TF, Mario 3D, SSBWU, MK8, and Steamworld Dig. Tried Pikmin 3, Splatoon, and Wonderful 101, but didn't like them. Still haven't finished even Fallout 4 or Witcher 3 on X1.

I'll add my input about the Wii U: I bought the Wind Waker edition for $150 and really like the system. There's no way I would have paid $300 though. I don't play it nearly as much as my X1. I may be only getting 1-2 more games before the NX releases.

Also I hope this price drop means we will get the rumored Xbox slim in the near future( this summer or fall ). I would probably trade/sell my Day One edition towards it, which has had some disc reading issues lately.

I'll put my input about the Wii U: I bought the Wind Waker edition for $150 and really like the system. There's no way I would have paid $300 though. I don't play it nearly as much as my X1. I may be only getting 1-2 more games before the NX releases.

Also I hope this price drop means we will get the rumored Xbox slim in the near future( this summer or fall ). I would probably trade/sell my Day One edition towards it, which has had some disc reading issues lately.
I would kill for a $150 wii u, much less a Zelda limited edition. At this rate I'd snatch up a Wii U up in a heartbeat if I could get one new and with a 1st party Nintendo game for $200. But they refuse to even drop it to $250. Keeping it at $300 when an Xbone can effectively be had for less is pure lunacy. I'm almost tempted to get a refurb for $200, but when they omit a 1st party nintendo title like Mario Kart that you're probably buying the damn system for anyway and those games never come down from $60 you're really only saving $40 by buying used. A raw deal to be certain.

bread's done
Back