Price drop: mlb 10: the show(ps3) $49.99 at GS/Amazon

[quote name='maynemayne2000']is it worth $50 to upgrade from MLB '09?[/QUOTE]

I really don't think so unless you've got the cash to burn. Not a whole lot of major changes that I could see.

It's a great game. So many bugs and glitches though so I don't think it's worth $50 and I paid full price for it.

[quote name='maynemayne2000']is it worth $50 to upgrade from MLB '09?[/QUOTE]I would say yes if you got friends that also play online, if not, you can build a friends list of some good people over at theshowcommunity.com but if you intent to play mostly offline it's probably best to wait until the game price drops even further.

Yeah, I'm still playing '09... I think the main change (other than roster updates) is that they made the Road to the Show more involved if you play as a catcher. I'll probably buy '11, I had '07 so it looks like I'm doing a every-two-years deal.

Was able to get this from GS for $49.99, and also used a $10 Coupon Code to drop it to $39.99. $40 was the price point I was waiting for, so I couldn't pass (though it could be $39.99 or less within a few months).

thanks for your input about the changes in the '10 version, but like 5 of my friends bought it so i guess im gettting it. ;)

[quote name='LeonSKennedy']Was able to get this from GS for $49.99, and also used a $10 Coupon Code to drop it to $39.99. $40 was the price point I was waiting for, so I couldn't pass (though it could be $39.99 or less within a few months).[/QUOTE]

where did you get a $10 coupon code? that would make my decision to buy even greater!!

[quote name='maynemayne2000']thanks for your input about the changes in the '10 version, but like 5 of my friends bought it so i guess im gettting it. ;)

where did you get a $10 coupon code? that would make my decision to buy even greater!![/QUOTE]

In the past week Gamestop has had several different titles avalible that included a $10 coupon off a future purchase. They currently do still have some titles avalible that offer that, but many of the games aren't as popular as the ones when the promotion started. I personally picked up on the GOW Collection for only $16 + another $10 coupon (by using a $10 coupon that I previously had). MLB 10 was also one of the games that had the $10 coupon included, but gamestop.com is no longer offering the coupon on it sadly.

I always get suckered into buying the latest baseball game mlb 10 is good but it just gets too boring too fast. Its worth $40.

I love baseball and its a great game but its all sim. You got to really love it. Mlb 2k10 is a bit more interactive with the swing stick and pitching gestures rather than timing pitching but the game isnt nearly as good or pretty.

I actually like playing the bigs 2 over both of these.

[quote name='DemonsMaster']In the past week Gamestop has had several different titles avalible that included a $10 coupon off a future purchase. They currently do still have some titles avalible that offer that, but many of the games aren't as popular as the ones when the promotion started. I personally picked up on the GOW Collection for only $16 + another $10 coupon (by using a $10 coupon that I previously had). MLB 10 was also one of the games that had the $10 coupon included, but gamestop.com is no longer offering the coupon on it sadly.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for answering this for me. Not only did I use a $10 code from another game I ordered to buy it, but also received another $10 code for buying this too.

bread's done
Back