Price drops at EB: $15 and under PS2 games

WOW!!!! Shadow of the Colossus for $15?!?!? NO WAY!!! :rofl: hahaha, yes, I kid I kid. I think I've been waiting far too long now for the price on SotC to drop and am going crazy.

[quote name='jjz203']WOW!!!! Shadow of the Colossus for $15?!?!? NO WAY!!! :rofl: hahaha, yes, I kid I kid. I think I've been waiting far too long now for the price on SotC to drop and am going crazy.[/QUOTE]

Curse you!

You made me look at the OP again! I thought I missed it. Ha, ha.

[quote name='jjz203']WOW!!!! Shadow of the Colossus for $15?!?!? NO WAY!!! :rofl: hahaha, yes, I kid I kid. I think I've been waiting far too long now for the price on SotC to drop and am going crazy.[/QUOTE]

Shame on you!:shame: Getting me all excited for this game at a cheap-ass price!!!

Shame on the guy who said SotC was $15. I nearly had a heart attack running for my wallet only to find out it wasn't actually on sale. :(

It hasn't even been released for 4 months! Were you expecting a Beyond Good and Evil type price drop?

[quote name='BIG5']It hasn't even been released for 4 months! Were you expecting a Beyond Good and Evil type price drop?[/QUOTE]

Yes.

Wasn't Ico $9.99-14.99 at BB 4-5 months after it came out? I remember that game tanking fast on price.

I don't think anything has ever tanked price wise faster than BG&E and XIII. To think I was there on release date for both of those more than happy to pay full price. At least I can say I loved both games, still have them, and don't regret it.

Is Natsume a video game maker or a plush toy dealer? Almost everything they put out has a plush toy to go with it like the Harvest Moon games for example. I'm not complaining though.:)

OK, I have the cow from harvest moon, and now finny too... am I missing anything except the dog from the newer harvest moon? Could I still get that one anywhere?

[quote name='Three Dollar Hooker']Yes.

Wasn't Ico $9.99-14.99 at BB 4-5 months after it came out? I remember that game tanking fast on price.

I don't think anything has ever tanked price wise faster than BG&E and XIII. To think I was there on release date for both of those more than happy to pay full price. At least I can say I loved both games, still have them, and don't regret it.[/QUOTE]

"Gun" seems to have dropped pretty quickly in price, too.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']I actually might have to get Finny for $15. I love Natsume.[/QUOTE]
Buy it. You won't be disappointed.

:lol: sorry everyone, I just thought I'd start some craziness on this fine Friday. I'm with everyone on this boat, my credit card is poised and ready to go should SotC drop to GH anytime soon. It's only been out a few months I realize but MAN it has felt like an eternity now. I think largely due to the great deals on games we've been seeing the past couple of months. I think we're all spoiled by CAG. :razz:

I hate you ;)

I picked a PO copy for about $20 2 months ago (after buy 2 get 1).

It is a great, great game. I thought it was going to be too one dimensional and limited but the sensation of taking down the Colossi is sooooooo very cool.

[quote name='schultzed']I picked a PO copy for about $20 2 months ago (after buy 2 get 1).

It is a great, great game. I thought it was going to be too one dimensional and limited but the sensation of taking down the Colossi is sooooooo very cool.[/QUOTE]

Heh, sounds cool. I watched the video review on Gametrailers.com and it looks pretty awesome. Definitely on my list.

[quote name='evanft']And CheapyD with ANOTHER underwhelming deal. :D[/QUOTE]

Laugh laugh.

I'd looked at Finny the Fish before and it sounds interesting. And the plush fish looks cool. Looks cute enough to sleep with.

I had to get Finny now, it was too good to pass up! :)

Don't forget to stick in a used 99 cent PS1 game so you can use CAG15 and SAVER for free shipping! :)

I haven't played the final version of Finny, but I played the game at E3 fro quite some time and I think it was actually pretty interesting and original. I don't know if the experience would carry over to several hours of fun, but it definitely had that potential.

Well if you want the Japanese version, Play-asia has it for $15 this week! ;)

Oh and Finny the Fish is pretty cool. Def worth $15!

Its kinda like Ecco the dolphin but more FUN b/c you don't have to go up for air every few minutes.

Anybody that ordered Finny: Did you get your plush fish??
I just got my order and it came with no fish (the whole reason why I ordered to begin with). I wanted the fish for my girlfriend for Valentine's Day & open the package to find the game but no fish. I'm pretty pissed now....seems like false advertisement to me. It says it come with the fish & there is no "while supplies last" on the page. If it was an eBay purchase the seller would be getting negative feedback from me. Needless to say, the game is going right back to my local EB.

[quote name='ctice44']Anybody that ordered Finny: Did you get your plush fish??
I just got my order and it came with no fish (the whole reason why I ordered to begin with). I wanted the fish for my girlfriend for Valentine's Day & open the package to find the game but no fish. I'm pretty pissed now....seems like false advertisement to me. It says it come with the fish & there is no "while supplies last" on the page. If it was an eBay purchase the seller would be getting negative feedback from me. Needless to say, the game is going right back to my local EB.[/QUOTE]

No plush here either. I already emailed them and the response was that bonus items for preorders are "while supplies last". They also said that there is a disclaimer in the item description about limited quantities (which there is not).

I sent an email back stating that it wasn't a preorder, there is no disclaimer about "while supplies last" or "limited quantities", and it is still listed on their site "with bonus".

They haven't responded yet.

Damn that sucks about Finny! I was going to order it too for the plush, but thanks for the warning. Update us if you ever do get the plush as that was part of my reason for wanting it.

That happened to a lot of people with RE Outbreak when it was $9.99 around a year ago. It said it came with a free watch and I don't think anyone got it

[quote name='lord_ebonstone']I vaugely remember hearing some positive things about Judge Dredd. Anyone want to back that up or shoot it down?[/QUOTE]

If you're a fan of the comic, you'd probably not hate it.

Otherwise, it looks pretty cheaply made.

I considered Project: Snowblind to be better, and I hated Project: Snowblind.

jbroush99,
I just got a response to my email and they said the same thing, "It does appear we are now out of the plush promo" and "From time to time EBgames.com will offer special promotional items only available while supplies last". They also changed the item description online (I guess they got a lot of compliants).
If it is "while supplies last", where does it say it on the page? I think it is just a case of Bait & switch. They send you an email saing they shipped your game with the bonus item and never ship the bonus it.
It's all bogus if you asked me.
...and I'm sorry for my rant, like I said earlier I really wanted to get that for my GF for Valentine's Day.

I called EB and the guy said there's nothing they can do because he said they're all out and that it stated on the website that it was only while supplies last...

For example:

http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/241467.asp

He told me to look at another game with a bonus like the one above. He said that ALL the games that come with a bonus have that RED BAR and a disclaimer covering them that states WHILE SUPPLIES LAST. However, I don't remember EVER seeing this on the Finny page...and I feel as though I was cheated out of that plush. Worse yet, I feel as though EB just pulled a bait & switch and there's NOTHING I can do about it because the website has changed and I didn't take a screen caption of it before I ordered it...I told him Finny didn't have that red bar because the bonus item was described in the title and there was also a picture so you pretty much knew what the bonus was...he said that ALL of the items that come with a bonus have that RED BAR...and I can't prove him otherwise since they all do have the red bar, except Finny didn't...

Ya but then I gotta pay for the return shipping probably

[quote name='zackattack']bait and switch? just return it[/QUOTE]

I brought a used cart only gba game back to a store recently. Took a little convincing, but I got what I paid for it(minus coupons) and tax credited back to my card.

bread's done
Back