Price drops on lots of pre-owned games at Best Buy

PimpBot2000

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
There is a chance that it could mean you are banned, if it cancels the order. Try checking out as a guest (and maybe add your RZ number that way to get your 10%?) and see if it goes through.
Adding RZ number at the payment screen doesn't give you your 10% or anything. It doesn't take off Gamer Club Coupons or take off 10%.

My first 2 orders appear to have gone through, though I only got a confirmation email for one of them.

Haha banned from Best Buy. That's just what I need this week...
OK so is this an error with the orders being CANCELLED? or with the order not going through. You can try going to the mobile site once you have everything in the cart (Just m.bestbuy.com even if you aren't on a mobile device) and checkout through that.

For some reason it's not properly applying the gift card to my order.  I've tried 2 different gift cards now.  This is what it shows on my confirmation page:

Product Total: $8.99
Shipping: $0.00
Sales Tax:$0.62
Gift Cards: -$0.00
Order Total:
$9.61

This third order seems sure to be canceled as well.

I see that F1 Vita as being another Dirt 3 Xbox. Cancelled.

Almost got F1 3DS and Ben 10 Racing 3DS till I checked the GS prices. Too bad BB started charging to ship.

OK so is this an error with the orders being CANCELLED? or with the order not going through. You can try going to the mobile site once you have everything in the cart (Just m.bestbuy.com even if you aren't on a mobile device) and checkout through that.
Order is being canceled. It goes all the way through, I get the confirmation screen, then 5-10 mins later I get an Order Canceled email. Though my 3rd order is still alive at the moment.

GCU takes the 10% when I add it to my cart if I'm signed in.
If so I would just return the game, and complain. Generally if they ship me the wrong game, CS will take care of it.

For some reason it's not properly applying the gift card to my order. I've tried 2 different gift cards now. This is what it shows on my confirmation page:

Product Total: $8.99
Shipping: $0.00
Sales Tax:$0.62
Gift Cards: -$0.00
Order Total:
$9.61

This third order seems sure to be canceled as well.
Check your order history, also, your giftcards may have been charged (although if the order was then cancelled, the credit might take a few minutes/hours/longer to return to your card). Also I may have no idea what I am talking about, I just like to guess and appear wise.

Looks like my 3rd order is going to go through, it just updated correctly on the order screen.  I wonder if there is something wrong with the first gift card I was using to pay with...

Oh well, if all 3 go through I'll be happy.  Still just tempted to convert the rest of my BB credit to Amazon since I've had so many hassles using GCs for online purchases.

If so I would just return the game, and complain. Generally if they ship me the wrong game, CS will take care of it.

Check your order history, also, your giftcards may have been charged (although if the order was then cancelled, the credit might take a few minutes/hours/longer to return to your card). Also I may have no idea what I am talking about, I just like to guess and appear wise.
Yeah, it usually takes 1-2 hours for the credit to go back on the GC.

I LOVE YOU OP!

Picked up F1 2011 for vita, xcom for 360, nascar 2011 360, child of eden 360 all for $2.66 because I used my GTA 5 $20 cert.

Im not done though, I just had to make sure I got those 4
When did you get your gift card for Best Buy? I thought it took a month to get it.

Canceled again.  fucking Christ Best Buy.  What the fuck?  Seriously.

Ah fuck it.  Going to bed and going to convert my BB credit to Amazon tomorrow when I go pick up my 32GB Vita card.

Canceled again. fucking Christ Best Buy. What the fuck? Seriously.

Ah fuck it. Going to bed and going to convert my BB credit to Amazon tomorrow when I go pick up my 32GB Vita card.
You know what? Based on your issues, the fact that I can't even place an order right now, and another CAG's post about how these online issues will likely have a drastic and negative impact on BBY's BF sales (which seems to have been deleted or hidden), I'm tempted to do the exact same thing, only I'd split my conversion between AMZ credit and Visa prepaid cards. I might leave $100-$200 at BBY as an "emergency fund", though--I'm not sure.

Things are just not looking good for BBY at this point, at least from an online perspective... :bomb:

*Knocks on Wood*

Ordered the following a few hours ago with no cancellations (with gift cards):

:360: The Darkness 2 $4.99 ($4.49 with GCU)

:360: Golden Axe Beast Rider $4.99 ($4.49 with GCU)

:360: Sega Rally Revo $4.99 ($4.49 with GCU)

Just ordered:

:3ds: Mario & Luigi Dream Team $24.99 ($22.49 with GCU)

The Mario & Luigi Dream Team showed "in stock" at all local Best Buy locations.  I wound up ordering the game for shipping as I will have more chances of it shipping this way.  As always, Best Buy rocks with the used 3DS and Wii U titles.  All major 3DS titles are $24.99 ($22.49 w/GCU) used instead of GS usual $37.99 used price.  One reason why I resubscribed to GCU for another year.  I do not regret the GCU at all, even though the coupons will not go back to the "glory days" from a few years ago. 

Canceled again. fucking Christ Best Buy. What the fuck? Seriously.

Ah fuck it. Going to bed and going to convert my BB credit to Amazon tomorrow when I go pick up my 32GB Vita card.
I told you dude but you won't listen because you're too busy raging. BB has a problem with using gift cards for the full amount of an order (online) for some reason. Just call CS and have them place your order and add the GC. That is what I did when I had a same problem a couple months ago, ya know, instead of rage quitting.

I told you dude but you won't listen because you're too busy raging. BB has a problem with using gift cards for the full amount of an order (online) for some reason. Just call CS and have them place your order and add the GC. That is what I did when I had a same problem a couple months ago, ya know, instead of rage quitting.
His problem is that they are getting cancelled AFTER he places the order (not them refusing to go through in the first place) so their is some bs on BB's end.

His problem is that they are getting cancelled AFTER he places the order (not them refusing to go through in the first place) so their is some bs on BB's end.
And every order I place with them is GC only and only get cancelled when their site is being a glitchy mess and showing everything in stock.

Screw it, I'll try to place my order again in the morning; hopefully BBY can fix things up by then so at least orders can go through.

Alright im done, I bought everything I wanted.

F1 2011 vita
Nascar 2011 360
God of War origins collection ps3
Xcom enemy unknown 360
Child of Eden 360

all store pickup except for F1 2011 which I got ship to store for it. I thought I could get more but after comparing prices they weren't worth it. I guess I do have some self control.

Well I have no expectations that these will not get cancelled between now and when I wake up in three hours.

Edit- The order with NSMB2 and DAOUE got cancelled before I was done with this post!

Ordered:

:3ds:

NSMB 2 (Really surprised no one else noticed this one since it's still on the last list I saw and down to $20)

Zelda OOT

Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon

M&L Dream Team

:wii:

Rhythm Heaven Fever (down a couple dollars)

Lost in Shadow (half of what it was a couple days ago)

:ps3:

Dragon Age Origins Ultimate Edition

Heavy Rain

Got these:

Dead Rising 2: OtR (PS3) - 7.99

Mario & Luigi: Dream Team - 24.99

GoW Origins (cancelled afterwards) - 9.99

NASCAR 2011 4.99

Rocksmith - 4.99

NFS: Most Wanted (05) - 17.99

Not bad finds.

Well I have no expectations that these will not get cancelled between now and when I wake up in three hours.

Edit- The order with NSMB2 and DAOUE got cancelled before I was done with this post!

Ordered:

:3ds:
NSMB 2 (Really surprised no one else noticed this one since it's still on the last list I saw and down to $20)
Zelda OOT
Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon
M&L Dream Team

:wii:
Rhythm Heaven Fever (down a couple dollars)
Lost in Shadow (half of what it was a couple days ago)

:ps3:
Dragon Age Origins Ultimate Edition
Heavy Rain
thanks for mentioning Luigi Mansion and Zelda, I would have over look them. Two of my local stores had both of them in stock.

They're not particularly marked down but often OOS and I will hopefully do a return/rebuy with them for the B2G1 used coupon I have.
One of the reasons I can't help but shop at BB, even rare hard to find games sometimes pop up for their insane prices, and with the right deal they are unbeatable.

Alright im done, I bought everything I wanted.
F1 2011 vita
Nascar 2011 360
God of War origins collection ps3
Xcom enemy unknown 360
Child of Eden 360
all store pickup except for F1 2011 which I got ship to store for it. I thought I could get more but after comparing prices they weren't worth it. I guess I do have some self control.
Never mind that self control thing ^ add Luigi Mansion 3ds to that list, another store pickup for that. Passed on Zelda OOT, one store in all of Houston has it but it's too far :( add 3 NSMB 2 3DS to the list also store pick up for each

I am not convinced that it is the Ultimate Edition, is there proof on the page other than the picture? It just says Dragon Age: Origins.
Also http://www.bestbuy.com/site/tales-of-xillia-pre-owned-playstation-3/1693276.p?id=1219060356290&skuId=1693276

Tales of Xillia for 34.99 in stock for shipping.
nice find just picked it up for In store pickup.

nvm canceled it, I think I can wait for it to be cheaper. A great get for someone if they have a $10 off GCU coupon

I'm a GCU member. How do I get the $10 coupon? Is it mailed or emailed in a magazine to me?
emailed to you. Good luck getting them, for some reason they never send my mines. I always have to contact cs to get them.

Guys these deals aren't going anywhere. I think you would be better off waiting for the next b2g1. I bet they have another one soon.

I am not convinced that it is the Ultimate Edition, is there proof on the page other than the picture? It just says Dragon Age: Origins.
Well it's a newer SKU and more expensive than the base game and is like that for both systems (though $2 more for 360). If it's the wrong game then I just return it but it goes for over $20 most places for the Ultimate Edition so worth seeing what I get.

they are trying to clear out inventory, by the time they do another b2g1 everything worth something will be gone
I HIGHLY doubt that inventory on the store-level will go anywhere, anytime soon. No price changes to the physical copies = no sales. There's no reason anyone is going to buy any of these games, when they can walk to the other end of the same aisle, and grab the same game's new copy for half the price (when only looking at the price tags). Face it, Best Buy is going to be sitting on huge piles of Pre-Owned games for a while...probably until they go belly-up.

I will say though, that if you're only interested in Online purchases; just from looking, this has been the best sale so far, with the largest in-stock, shippable inventory.

bread's done
Back