Primetime - 1 vs. 100 - US Beta Going On Now

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='JJSP']LOL at the One who chose the money (800 pts). In the beta, you can't win prizes - and the host called him out on it too.[/QUOTE]

Chris never talked to me besides the start and end of the game..

[quote name='evilmojo12542']some moron guessed "b" as the 24th letter of the alaphabet in the group i was in lmao[/QUOTE]

half of the mob got it wrong as well lol. a b or x I assume they pressed X

Got to play a few games of this tonight, for not being a quiz show person, this was pretty damn fun. Is the one chosen at random or how does that work?

I played in one of the extended play sessions and I was doing pretty well until towards the end I started to get questions wrong. I feel pretty good since I scored 110,000 in the session I played 10:30 pm but the high score was 191,000.

[quote name='nnthomas']u mad?[/QUOTE]

No. But why come here to thread crap? You're like one of the idiots who tries to buzz in as quickly as possible, regardless of whether the answer is right or not, just so he can see himself on the leaderboard for "quickest answer". Do you have nothing better to do?

It's interesting I guess. I liked the E3 Extended Play version, but there were a bit too many breaks in that it felt like. Should be reduced by about half I think.

Since I joined late in the first E3 set, I didn't place very high. Although I got 30 out of 37 right (never passed) in the second E3 set. Placed me in the top 600 or so, which was nice.

The next few shows are on the schedule:

Friday, June 12 - 10 PM EST - 12 AM EST
Saturday, June 13 - 8 PM EST - 10 PM EST
Monday, June 15 - 11 PM EST - 11:30 PM EST - Community Written Questions

[quote name='lilboo']YAY I am off next Saturday AND Monday! :applause:

..Can 2 people on 1 Xbox play together? :whistle2:s[/QUOTE]
Yes. HotShotX was playing with his girlfriend on the same console.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']The next few shows are on the schedule:

Monday, June 15 - 11 PM EST - 11:30 PM EST - Community Written Questions[/QUOTE]

in the channel, they list other times as well. Like, there is supposed to be a show later tonight and one on the 9th as well

[quote name='fart_bubble']in the channel, they list other times as well. Like, there is supposed to be a show later tonight and one on the 9th as well[/QUOTE]
Ahh, I see that they list more under the main 1 vs 100 tab besides what the Featured Shows tab lists. It's mostly all Extended Play shows. What's the difference between Extended Play and the normal shows? Chris doesn't host?

The full list:

Sunday, June 7 - 7 PM EST - 9:30 PM EST - Extended Play
Monday, June 8 - 7:30 PM EST - 10 PM EST - Extended Play
Tuesday, June 9 - 7:30 PM EST - 10 PM EST - Extended Play
Wednesday, June 10 - 7:30 PM EST - 10 PM EST - Extended Play
Thursday, June 11 - 7:30 PM EST - 10 PM EST - Extended Play
Sunday, June 14 - 7 PM EST - 8 PM EST - Extended Play
Monday, June 15 - 11 PM EST - 11:30 PM EST - Community Written Questions

In Extended Play everyone is in the Mob and there is no One. No one gets eliminated and you just keep answering questions to try to build the largest streak and get the most points.

Chris also isn't there to provide his 2 minutes of "witty" banter every half hour or whatever it is. It seems like he hardly speaks.

Weird. I guess I'll see how that is at the next show. I don't think Chris spoke until about ~30 minutes after I joined at about 15 minutes after it started.

I actually got to play this tonight. I'm a trivia geek... so I had a blast! I just wish the questions weren't all so pop-culturey.

I really like how they put you in the groups of 4, out in the crowd... so you're still driven to be competitive.

I wonder if the extended play sessions increase your rep so you're more likely to be chosen to be the one or to be in the mob? Or is it just supposed to be for fun?

Yeah, the extended play adds more points so you're more likely to be in the Mob. I'm not completely sure how the system works, but it's like how much points you have and a little bit of randomness.

Played last night and thought it was pretty good. The pace of the show does need to be a little faster though.....the ad breaks need to be either shorter or actually entertaining in some way. Just staring at a sprint logo for a minute straight really isnt cutting it.

I couldnt get out of the crowd the entire night and the point system seems kinda strange to me. No matter what I did I would somehow still get crushed by like 3 or 4 thousand points from the highest guy.

I once had a round where I got every question right, instant answered most of them and was a full 10 thousand points above the rest of the people in my section of the crowd. When I went to the score screen I was 2nd in the round. Then at the end I was all of a sudden 10th with the top 10 guys scoring in the 30 thousands (I think I had like 23).

But its a beta and I think its pretty fun. Dont know if I would pay for it though.

[quote name='Soodmeg']Played last night and thought it was pretty good. The pace of the show does need to be a little faster though.....the ad breaks need to be either shorter or actually entertaining in some way. Just staring at a sprint logo for a minute straight really isnt cutting it.

I couldnt get out of the crowd the entire night and the point system seems kinda strange to me. No matter what I did I would somehow still get crushed by like 3 or 4 thousand points from the highest guy.

I once had a round where I got every question right, instant answered most of them and was a full 10 thousand points above the rest of the people in my section of the crowd. When I went to the score screen I was 2nd in the round. Then at the end I was all of a sudden 10th with the top 10 guys scoring in the 30 thousands (I think I had like 23).

But its a beta and I think its pretty fun. Dont know if I would pay for it though.[/QUOTE]
It's free to play as long as you are a Gold Member on Xbox Live so it is no cost. Only difference is that you will actually be able to win prizes in the real game.

Missed it again yesterday. Was busy with some family business and was just a tad late on the arrival. Will have to try it out tonight.

[quote name='dembesum']Yeah, the extended play adds more points so you're more likely to be in the Mob. I'm not completely sure how the system works, but it's like how much points you have and a little bit of randomness.[/QUOTE]

I've got a theory about this. So far, just from the Live shows on Monday and last night, there have been at least 2 Canadians chosen to be "the one". Does anybody else think that maybe since their beta started first, it's easier for them to get chosen because they've already been accumulating points from the extended play sessions? I don't really have any evidence to support the theory, but it seemed plausible.

Played all sessions yesterday to earn up points, the E3 Trivia was nice in the Extended Play, but damn they was pulling questions out that I know wasn't even a part of E3 and was stumping the hell out of me, lol Still I know I ranked up a good amount of points, hopefully here really soon i'll be in the Mob or hopefully the one!

As for joining the mob, the more points you have under your belt in overall play will determine your chance to be The One or in The Mob, so newbies who just started, forget about it, keep playing in the Crowd or play the Extended Play events and rank your points up fast! This whole week I do believe they are throwing a lot of Extended Plays out there to help you build up for it!

Anyone else besides the RagTag's see that in the first EP game Shipwreck (Cobra Commander) was in the top 10 of the round after 30 questions? Congrats to him.

I thought the questions in the extended play was too easy. Only one that I used a skip on was the "which day does the GamerChix play on?"

The extended play parts, Cashman wasn't live. All of those segments were pre-recorded.

I had a blast playing but I don't know if I could play that again for the full three hours.

Interesting in that there was at least 95 thousand people on at any given time. If that number keeps hovering around that or improves, I wonder how much Microsoft is going to rake in on advertising? Thats a big number of people and if it stays steady, I could conceivably see Microsoft scrap plans on charging people to play the game.

[quote name='fart_bubble']Interesting in that there was at least 95 thousand people on at any given time. If that number keeps hovering around that or improves, I wonder how much Microsoft is going to rake in on advertising? Thats a big number of people and if it stays steady, I could conceivably see Microsoft scrap plans on charging people to play the game.[/QUOTE]

This is what's truly impressive. It could conceivably get to the point where it's competing with mainstream media in that timeslot. I mean, right now, 100,000 viewers would only pull a Nielson rating of .087. But that's against every TV in America (and not factoring TVs not even in use at that time).

If you pulled a "Nielson" rating for just the number of 360s in existence, you'd get a far more impressive number. There are about 11.6 million Xbox 360s in the United States and 870,000 in Canada. That's a total of 12.47 million. So, with 100,000 people on last night, that gives you a rating of 0.8 (or almost 1%) Again, this doesn't take into account 360s that were not in use at that time.

Yes, those numbers aren't great by any means. But considering that this was only the 2nd live show, and that there was still probably a good amount of people who couldn't get in, it definitely has potential to expand and MIGHT even stand a chance to cut into the television market a little bit. I can't wait to see how this thing grows, and what other games will be added down the road. :)

I played this again last night and had a lot of fun like the last time. This game is definitely my cup of tea so I will be playing it every chance I get. And I was like 200 points off the top 10 and 300 points from 3rd place or something like that last night. Hopefully I will be able to do good during the real game and win some prizes!

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']You really think they'd give up the chance to sell the other seasons of 1 vs 100?[/QUOTE]

Depends on how many new Live subscriptions this creates. I mean, yeah, advertisers might support much of it, but I think Microsoft has to see some kind of return on their end as well. Honestly, this could get moms, whose kids already have a 360, to sign up for their own Live account just so they can play. The logic to them would be $50 a year to play 1 vs 100. It's not unreasonable.

What am I doing wrong? I wanted to try this, punched in a 48 hour code, asked to "schedule" the newest one (6pm central), and (without telling me) it started downloading a 46MB file.

I may not have had that file finished downloading before the 6pm session started, and maybe that was the problem? But...I can't figure out what I'm supposed to do. it popped up a notice that it was starting soon (about 3 minutes after 6), but...I can't see any way to launch the program.

It's not listed in my games section, and on the 1 vs. 100 section it just has a "download" button for the current game, which gives the message "Can't complete this download. Please try again later."

Which...huh? What am I supposed to be doing to play this?

It would be more interesting to me to use the entire mob to see who can last until the end of the show, if anyone at all, instead of just showing how many people missed each question.

Okay seriously, what the hey am I supposed to do? I got another notice that it's starting soon, and then it tells me it's finished downloading it (even though it finished over 30 minutes ago and already gave me that notice).

And...nothing. Just says "download" on the 6 or 6:30pm shows, and gives that same worthless error message.

EDIT: Okay, I deleted 1 vs 100, and now it's downloading a 30MB file called "General Trivia" or something. This is messed up.

[quote name='Wolfpup']What am I doing wrong? I wanted to try this, punched in a 48 hour code, asked to "schedule" the newest one (6pm central), and (without telling me) it started downloading a 46MB file.

I may not have had that file finished downloading before the 6pm session started, and maybe that was the problem? But...I can't figure out what I'm supposed to do. it popped up a notice that it was starting soon (about 3 minutes after 6), but...I can't see any way to launch the program.

It's not listed in my games section, and on the 1 vs. 100 section it just has a "download" button for the current game, which gives the message "Can't complete this download. Please try again later."

Which...huh? What am I supposed to be doing to play this?[/QUOTE]
not sure if you can play this as its for gold members only

Extended play really sucks in the sense that if you want to be anywhere near the top 10, you need a perfect (and fast) round. It's nearly impossible. Sure, I'm getting points, but it's hard to remember why, haha.

EDIT - Ah, yeah, I'm out. I played for 3 hours last night, and couldn't sit through more than an hour tonight. The live shows are really great, but extended play is the polar opposite. Without any of the perks of the regular game, it almost feels like taking a test, lol. And for a competitive person, the fact that missing one question puts you at least 5,000 points back is infuriating (I was within 300 points of the top 10 for the first 12 questions).

I really hope they've got some kind of system in place for how often you can be in the mob or be the one, because the way some of these droids are playing this every session, every night, there's no way the majority of the population will be able to compete. It blows my mind that some people are routinely answering 100% of the questions correctly. Some of those got really tough tonight.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Wolfpup']Yeah, but that's why I did the trial :([/QUOTE]
48hr codes isn't a gold membership, youre still silver

So then why do they exist at all? What's the point? And why did is specifically say Gold, and let me download the stuff?

I'm wondering how people are averaging a "zero" reaction time? Are they just not answering anything?

I'm sure most people are aware, but Extended Play is going on right now, by the way.

[quote name='decrot']48hr codes isn't a gold membership, youre still silver[/QUOTE]

Except you can play MP games which silver can't. Just not 1 vs 100 I guess because MS is being wankers about it. I put in a trial code too and I get the same download problem.

What's with all the Kevin Smith questions? A Kevin Smith question and Mallrats question within 5 minutes of each other, and another Mallrats question the other night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back