Printing USPS shipping label, does date matter?

Wario64

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
I never bothered printing out my shipping labels online so I just tried to do one for one of my packages on paypal.com and printed the shipping label, but I was planning to have it ship tomorrow. The shipping label is dated today, does it matter if I ship it tomorrow or will USPS deny to ship it?

Also, I couldn't find the option to change the date on paypal.com's shipping. Do I have to print and submit payment on the day of shipment? That's pretty annoying if I have to

It will not matter if you ship it out tomorrow.

When you are putting in all the info (weight, size, address, etc.) it asks for the day that you will ship. Its defaults to the current day. I usually change it to the next but I bet you are not the only one who overlooks it.

Thanks for the info

I was about to void and reprint just to make sure but refunding takes about 10 days and quite frankly I dont want to resubmit and reprint everything

I was gonna send it out today but being the lazy person I am, I was gonna put it in my mailbox and have the mailman collect it...but he already arrived for today

Also, I still can't find the option to change date...I feel stupid since I bet I'm overlooking something really simple

Confirmation that it does not really matter. I've printed labels and then dropped them off at the post office 2 days later, they were delivered with no problem.

I've had no issues with dropping off a package pre- or post-dated into the APC machine at the post office, but I have had problems handing over packages with a date other than the current date to a postal clerk (i.e. they won't take a package with tomorrow's date, or yesterday's), but that's YMMV and is not the norm at all post offices.

All my packages with pre-dates and post-dates at the APC have always shipped out fine.

I wouldn't wait more than a day or two. I had them give me trouble once when I waited 2 or 3 days. It seems to be a fraud prevention thing. They are worried that you are using the same label to send multiple packages.

I've had the post office return a package with a label that was past date, but that we probably 5 days past the shipping date on the label.

If it's just one day, I'm sure they would let it pass, since they probably get a lot of mail that does actually get picked up on that day but doesn't make it to processing until the next.

I've heard that the P.O. can get in trouble for sending them late; it makes them look bad methinks.

I've messed up a couple times because I printed them that night and Paypal still puts the current date (why, I have no idea); never gotten in trouble for it, but I really like my local postal workers, so I try to get the date right so that they won't get in trouble for it.

I literally do it everytime I send packages. Print it off at night and take it the next morning. It won't get returned. I just dropped some off on Monday that I had printed off on Wednesday before and everything was fine.

They say you can't but it is VERY VERY unlikely they will return it.

bread's done
Back