Pro Triggers for PS3 controller (replacement L2 & R2 buttons)

I have these on all 3 of my Dualshock 3's. I've had them close to 6 or more months. When playing at friends houses, it just feels unnatural without these!

They should be available at all Gamestop's nationwide now. My local manager joked with me that the corporate buyer (person in charge of determining what Gamestop sells) has been too interested in stuff like add-on speakers for like the PSP or something that cost hundreds of $, when he could sell a ton of these $5 triggers. Told him he lost his chance as I had two pairs from Game Crazy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Beware that Wal-Mart sells a different brand of these (Pelican) now and I don't think they're as good (the triggers are smaller.)

I saw the Real Triggers on sale @ TRU Tuesday when I went for the B2G1 sale.

[quote name='Malik112099']i love my triggers but i am finding more and more games arent using R2/L2 as much...[/QUOTE]

That's what I was thinking. CoD4 and CoD:WaW both use R1 as the trigger button. So does Far Cry 2, and quite a lot of other games. Perhaps an addition to R1 would work? :roll:

My R2 button is broken. It is super super sensitive, as i think the spring or something broke. Would these alleviate my problem?

[quote name='smiggity']My R2 button is broken. It is super super sensitive, as i think the spring or something broke. Would these alleviate my problem?[/QUOTE]
Doubtful, but supposedly you can take the spring out of a floppy disk and cut it down to size to repair that.
Same thing happened to my L2 but I haven't tried to fix it yet since I don't have any spare controllers right now and I could see myself screwing something up.

[quote name='smiggity']My R2 button is broken. It is super super sensitive, as i think the spring or something broke. Would these alleviate my problem?[/QUOTE]

I would have thought they would make it worse not better.

I have these on my controller but the only game I own that they actually come in handy for is Motorstorm: Pacific Rift- it uses R2 as the gas so I'm constantly using it. Like others have said though, I've found that not too many games actually utilize the L2/R2 buttons too much for these to be necessary.

[quote name='mguiddy']Doubtful, but supposedly you can take the spring out of a floppy disk and cut it down to size to repair that.
Same thing happened to my L2 but I haven't tried to fix it yet since I don't have any spare controllers right now and I could see myself screwing something up.[/QUOTE]

Lol, same here. Im pretty sure I would break it...Thanks anyways

[quote name='xXLeadFarmerXx']I have these on my controller but the only game I own that they actually come in handy for is Motorstorm: Pacific Rift- it uses R2 as the gas so I'm constantly using it. Like others have said though, I've found that not too many games actually utilize the L2/R2 buttons too much for these to be necessary.[/QUOTE]

Aha yeah that's truee.

A lot of driving games do you R2 as the accelerate, perhaps that's another reason I would buy a pair.

Sorry if this is off the topic but another add on that i was kinda curious about is the FPS Freek. I was just wondering if anyone here got it and how is it?

[quote name='outerheaven']Sorry if this is off the topic but another add on that i was kinda curious about is the FPS Freek. I was just wondering if anyone here got it and how is it?[/QUOTE]

I have them and like them very much.

I actually got to do a proper scientific test last weekend. I was replaying Dead Space on my controller without triggers and got to the infamous asteroid blasting section. I could not beat it for the life of me, but switched to my controller with the Freek on it and beat it on the first try with the trophy for maintaining high health.

FPS Freek is intriguing as I've always wanted to try convex sticks on the PS3. If they weren't almost $15 with shipping, I'd be an ass and order the last set of them on Amazon. :)

[quote name='outerheaven']Awesome, so they really do work then. Cany they really be ordered online? No store sells them like gamestop or best buy?[/QUOTE]

I saw them at best buy earlier today.

[quote name='John Hyperion']I have them and like them very much.

I actually got to do a proper scientific test last weekend. I was replaying Dead Space on my controller without triggers and got to the infamous asteroid blasting section. I could not beat it for the life of me, but switched to my controller with the Freek on it and beat it on the first try with the trophy for maintaining high health.[/QUOTE]

Awesome thanks for the tip. I'm going to order the Freek two-pack today!

EDIT: just did it and let them know cheapassgamer sent me...

Last edited by a moderator:
It probably will since CoD4 did, although I actually prefer R1 as a shooting trigger. What these really help with are driving games.

[quote name='metaly']That actually works out because Burnout doesn't support them.[/QUOTE]

Great game and great controls, they just felt good overall.

I grabbed a pair of these last week from Gamestop for $5 in leftover credit I had and at first they take some getting used to, but now I'm spinning circles around people in GTAIV multiplayer agan and they seem to have made my cars easier to control.

The only issue I have with these is that they snap on and snap off and if you go to remove them after having them on there a while it'll take a decent amount of pressure to remove them.

So just be careful if you're going to try removing them.

Otherwise, they make the L2/R2 buttons into what they SHOULD have been from the start.:D

These things are great and make perfect fillers for those who need something to get the FSS.

I especially like these triggers for games that use the L2/R2 buttons as aim and shoot, i.e. Borderlands and Call of Duty Classic.

I going to have to get these when I was playing the god of war collection I could not keep hitting the R2 button fast enough. These will also work well with the shooters games I have.

Ordered a set from amazon... hope theyre good bc thats one thing that i love about the 360 controller (the triggers)

These are amazing. Bought them at Best Buy for $5 and changed my controls for MW2 to 360 controls and love it ever since.

Really good buy.

I got them, and like them, but they make playing God of War Collection impossible. All the R2 button mashing is literally impossible with the Realtriggers on.

[quote name='Lord Darkstorn']I got them, and like them, but they make playing God of War Collection impossible. All the R2 button mashing is literally impossible with the Realtriggers on.[/QUOTE]

I hated using them when playing Devil Summoner 2. They kept getting in my way. That's why I'm almost glad Sony didn't put them on, since I can just remove them whenever they get annoying. Only downside is when I accidentally hit the controller against something or drop it, and one of them goes flying. It's so dark and tiny that it blends in well with my carpet.

[quote name='simplygriff']So how exactly do they attach on? Just snap on or is there any adhesive?
-G[/QUOTE]

I would guess that they clip onto the little notches in the back of the button. At least, that makes the most sense unless they're adhesive, but I doubt they are.

ordered from amazon, they're ok I guess.
Problem with adding it on is that unlike the 360 controller it makes the L2 and R2 Protrude out too much making it uncomfortable.

If the 360 didn't have a crappy dpad, it would be the ultimate controller and I would never bother using a ps3 controller for anything.

bread's done
Back