Pro Wrestling discussion topic--WWE, AEW, ROH, Impact, New Japan, indies

CAG Revolution update: No Rush Shipping credits still work, but if you don't have those, you can pay using Amazon Coins on the BR Live app on Fire TV (Cost 4,999 coins, and 5,000 coins costs $42.50 - so 15% off the PPV!)

(for those looking for a stack - no rush shipping doesn't work on coins unfortunately, tried that)

Last edited by a moderator:
I like aspects of it. I'd prefer less Dusty finishes and less of Cody "reclaiming" his dad's shit by trying to trademark/re-use items from Old School (pre-Bischoff) WCW. I get the drive to do it, but they've got some of the best workers in the business and.....their shows go from "okay this is exactly why this will work" to "What in the actual fuck?"

I like aspects of it. I'd prefer less Dusty finishes and less of Cody "reclaiming" his dad's shit by trying to trademark/re-use items from Old School (pre-Bischoff) WCW. I get the drive to do it, but they've got some of the best workers in the business and.....their shows go from "okay this is exactly why this will work" to "What in the actual fuck?"
Honestly, I'd take a million Dusty finishes over WWE's roll-ups and DQ's. It's out of control

Empty arena SD was both sad and depressing. Interested to see AEW's take on it

It’s crazy to me that wrestling is going to go on. WWE and AEW, at least.

World War 3 could start and Vince would insist on holding shows.

Wrestlemania 36 is the first wrestling show I've watched in a good five years and let me tell you... it did not inspire me to watch any further at all. I get the circumstances but geez when we get an slugfest between Edge and Randy Orton that went on way too long and had awful editing and bad camera angles... yet our main event on night two was literally 3-4 minutes..... yep I don't feel inspired to start watching again beyond what I just watched.

AEW may have aired the funniest match I have ever seen last night. It's been 12 hours and I'm still laughing from that main event.

The rest of the PPV was pretty damn good too. Felt like a higher caliber of wrestling from their weekly shows even with the current restrictions. Well done.

Just finished double or nothing. Show was decent. I thought it had 4 good matches (MJF/Jungle Boy, Nyla/Hikaru, Moxley/Lee, and stadium stampede) the other half was kind of meh.

Interested to see where they go from here.

Remember when they said wins and losses mattered when it came to who gets title shots? And then they handed Luke Harper and Brian Cage title matches as soon as they got there.

I don't know if you guys have been following the #SpeakingOut hashtag on twitter or not, but it's a lot.

I knew the wresting business had a seedy underbelly, but goddamn.

Impact is.....good now?
I checked it out last night for the surprises, but honestly wasn't impressed by the show overall. I feel like the covid-era actually helps them presentation wise (basically on par with WWE), but beyond that it didn't do much for me unfortunately.

Just dropping in to say AEW just had the best covid-era wrestling show that's been made thus far. What an insane show. So so good.

AEW has really been killing with this streak of good shows they've been doing, and the best part is as good as some of the matches have been, they still have a ton of huge matches they can do later down the road.

Really hope Ibushi winning G1 doesn't lead to him winning the titles then dropping them to Omega in some AEW crossover. I'd rather see Waito win the opportunity and EVIL win the titles from Naito, to properly settle the Bullet Club drama.

I feel like if that were to happen they wouldn’t do it until full arenas of fans were back. So fall 2021 at the earliest?

All Out was fantastic. I was able to go the United Center (CM Punk return) show and Dynamite/Rampage this past week and man it was so much fun. They're really firing on all cylinders right now. Very exciting time to be a wrestling fan

If anyone didn't watch All Out, I absolutely recommend seeking it out. Start to finish a banger. If nothing else watch the Steel Cage tag match, legitimately one of the greatest tag matches I've ever seen

bread's done
Back