Pro Wrestling discussion topic--WWE, AEW, ROH, Impact, New Japan, indies

Jeez I had no idea this footage existed.  It is Jim Cornette yelling at a Dairy Queen employee because he had ordered a large order of food and the worker thought he was joking.  Cornette loses it and gets out of the car to yell at her.

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WngpAHJNDhQ[/video]

Its a 6 minute video but most of the good stuff is in the first 2 minutes.  He has a van full of Smokey Mountain wresters in the van and one of them had a camera.  Not sure who grabbed the footage, a young Chris Jericho and Lance storm are apparently in the van but not the ones filming.

edit, this is roughly 1994 or thereabouts.

Last edited by a moderator:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8UQ4O7UiDs

NSFW obviously given it's John Oliver. Nothing new in this honestly for those who follow wrestling more seriously but to the more casual fans who don't follow the behind the scenes stuff this might be a bit eye opening. WWE has already responded to this saying the piece is one sided and has offered Oliver tickets to Wrestlemania. I'm pretty sure Oliver has another Last Week Tonight taping happening that Sunday afternoon so I'm pretty sure he will decline the WWE's offer.

NSFW obviously given it's John Oliver. Nothing new in this honestly for those who follow wrestling more seriously but to the more casual fans who don't follow the behind the scenes stuff this might be a bit eye opening. WWE has already responded to this saying the piece is one sided and has offered Oliver tickets to Wrestlemania. I'm pretty sure Oliver has another Last Week Tonight taping happening that Sunday afternoon so I'm pretty sure he will decline the WWE's offer.
Offering him tickets is a very WWE response to serious criticism.

I fully agree that it’s nothing new but outside pressure for them to change is never a bad thing.

Was it the longest Wrestlemania on record?  Nevertheless I liked it and hope they don't try to undo everything in the next two days.

P.S.: Takeover was great.

Tom Magee vs Bret Hart is going up on the network this Monday after Raw, alongside a documentary regarding it. Never thought I'd see the day.

Between this and The Last Battle of Atlanta showing up a couple of years ago, the Network is easily the best thing this company is doing right now.

It's like WWE wants me to watch AEW next week. I stopped watching after the "Superstar Shakeup" and cancelled my Network subscription.

Based on what I'm hearing from Money In The Bank,  I might have made a good decision.

It's like WWE wants me to watch AEW next week. I stopped watching after the "Superstar Shakeup" and cancelled my Network subscription.

Based on what I'm hearing from Money In The Bank, I might have made a good decision.
Watching that fantastic ladder match, followed by the entire lack of logic and reason behind the finish really made me realize that I'm not bored of wrestling, just sick of WWE. I had cancelled my subscription as well.

Ready for AEW, I hope they kill it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll be keeping the network for now for NXT plus the main roster PPVs.  I'll admit I haven't really watched Raw or Smackdown lately. 

NXT TV plus the takeovers is worth $10 a month in my opinion. 

I'll be keeping the network for now for NXT plus the main roster PPVs. I'll admit I haven't really watched Raw or Smackdown lately.

NXT TV plus the takeovers is worth $10 a month in my opinion.
Takeovers are excellent standalone shows, but within the larger context of WWE they're just depressing now. I can't watch them without thinking "all of this will be ruined soon". Going back to watch previous Takeovers is legitimately a bummer.

Ready for AEW, I hope they kill it.
They sure did. There were some technical difficulties here and there, but overall a fantastic show with no bad matches whatsoever.

And as promised, AEW had plenty of surprises. Now if only they could bring down the $50 price tag.

WWE Network no longer works on my old Apple TV, I should have paid attention to the emails that I got from WWE.  What does everybody else use to access WWE Network?  Should I get a new Apple TV (I would use it for other things)?  Roku device?

WWE Network no longer works on my old Apple TV, I should have paid attention to the emails that I got from WWE. What does everybody else use to access WWE Network? Should I get a new Apple TV (I would use it for other things)? Roku device?
I use a Fire TV stick. Simple and efficient, $30 right now.

They sure did. There were some technical difficulties here and there, but overall a fantastic show with no bad matches whatsoever.

And as promised, AEW had plenty of surprises. Now if only they could bring down the $50 price tag.
Double or Nothing was such a great show. I don't remember the last time a wrestling show left me this excited for what is coming next. (Although Cody vs Dustin was a bit much for me - a great story, but I could barely watch halfway through)

$50 is steep, but with them not doing monthly PPVs I'm okay with that. I feel like this show was a good value.

4MLYJTr.gif

Time to try and get ALL OUT tickets... wish me luck!
Was number 5080 "in-line" for tickets. All sold out by the time I made it. Bummer.

Oh well, still excited to have a house party for this one! And who knows, maybe some of the HUNDREDS of tickets on StubHub will still be available come time for the event for cheap.

Was number 5080 "in-line" for tickets. All sold out by the time I made it. Bummer.

Oh well, still excited to have a house party for this one! And who knows, maybe some of the HUNDREDS of tickets on StubHub will still be available come time for the event for cheap.
I'm disappointed I wasn't able to get tickets, I had tons of fun at All In last year.

I have to give credit to AEW and their Youtube channels (All Elite Wrestling Wresting, Being the Elite, Nightmare Family) for releasing a video every 2-3 days. Even without a TV deal, they are doing a great job hyping their next shows.

Fyter Fest, meanwhile, will be FREE on Bleacher Report Live when it airs on June 29.

AEW Fight For The Fallen is this Saturday. It's strange that they have a "Buy In" preshow for a free event.
WWE highly advertising their co-show with Evolve (more than any NXT show I've seen) that coincidentally runs the same time as an AEW benefit show. Good look

Finished watching Impact’s slammiversay. Decent show.

Excited for evolve, fight for the fallen and extreme rules This weekend.

Good time to be a wrestling fan.

WWE highly advertising their co-show with Evolve (more than any NXT show I've seen) that coincidentally runs the same time as an AEW benefit show. Good look
Good for them. I haven't had WWE Network since Wrestlemania and don't plan on resubscribing until they bring back the Mae Young Classic or the Royal Rumble.

It feels like WWE is constantly having rematches so with the hopeful return of the women's tournament (and hopefully the return of Evolution) I can see some new matchups.

RAW Reunion was a decent show, but I didn’t see much to bring me back the following week.

I’m a long time fan at this point, and I’ve watched WWE on and off during that period. I want WWE to succeed. I want AEW to succeed. I guess I just want pro wrestling overall to do well.

I’d argue that a person who is dissatisfied with WWE has more alternatives than ever before, which is good. I’m excited for the next 12-18 months and what they'll bring.

I’m keeping the network for NXT though. Takeovers are great.

Hi Trip5Six i am a longtime
/lifelong fan of pro wrestling. I watch wwe, chikarachikaratopia and any njpw and r.o.h i can watch for free or as time allows me Just yesterday watched nxt uk takeover which was quite good

Dorian be damned, I'm still going to watch AEW All Out (in 20 minutes). 

First they said the storm would hit over Labor Day weekend. Now they are saying Tuesday or Wednesday. This storm wants us to watch NXT before it decides to do something.

Dorian be damned, I'm still going to watch AEW All Out (in 20 minutes).

First they said the storm would hit over Labor Day weekend. Now they are saying Tuesday or Wednesday. This storm wants us to watch NXT before it decides to do something.
Be safe. Hope wrestling provided some brief escapism.

Top to bottom All Out was my favorite event of the weekend, but Walter v Tyler Bate was probably my favorite match. But that's a tough choice. Embarrassment of wrestling riches.

Fun CAG fact:

I bought Full Gear on BR Live from my Amazon firestick, and it used my all my $1 digital item shipping promos (haven't used these since video games became ineligible) and then my amazon gift card balance. Cool way to save some $$$ on PPVs!

Also, Full Gear was BONKERS. I loved every second of it. Very fun to get friends together for wrestling shows again

I don't know, his contract is currently under Fox. I guess it'll depend how harsh he is on the company on the show. 

But why do people care?
I think it’s just because they want to see him wrestle again. He left on terrible terms, and they seem to have reconciled.

I feel conflicted about it. He seems like a very principled person, and so in certain ways him going back felt like a loss.

I think it’s just because they want to see him wrestle again. He left on terrible terms, and they seem to have reconciled.

I feel conflicted about it. He seems like a very principled person, and so in certain ways him going back felt like a loss.
Don't confuse principled with pompous.

WWE in talks with ESPN to sell them PPVs. If they take them off the network and make you watch on ESPN+, it'll likely be like UFC where you need to have a $5 monthly sub to ESPN+ and pay additional for the PPV. UFC events are $65.

bread's done
Back