Problems accessing Mass Effect save with DLC

Blank Earth

CAGiversary!
Feedback
156 (100%)
Rather frustrated right now.

My wife started a Mass Effect game on our first Xbox, transferred her save to the cloud, and then transferred it from the cloud to our second Xbox so she could play in the other room. Now it won't let her load the save because it can't access the DLC episodes. So I logged into my profile to download them to the second console, then logged back into her account. Same message.

Google suggested a license transfer, but doesn't that mean all of my DLC would then become inaccessible on the first Xbox? Is there any other way to solve this, or am I to understand Microsoft is holding her save hostage unless we buy the DLC again under her account?

And this is why I refuse to use MS Cloud Storage, heard nothing but complaints.

Only ones I know that use it are the Giantbomb.com writers, but I don't think they ever deal w/DLC. Only advise I have is try to contact them on Twitter, go to their forums, or the XBox.com forums.

Yeah, and I'm not sure whether the cloud is the issue or whether DRM is the issue. All I know is that she can't play the game, and she wasn't even trying to access the DLC. It would make sense to me if she had saved in the middle of a DLC mission and then tried to play on a console where it wasn't installed. But she had just started the game.

I bought all the DLC, and started playing Mass Effect 2... put 10+ hours in, then had problems with internet (couldn't afford it for a bit), wasn't able to loud my save at all offline, because of the DLC or something, so stupid

We ended up buying the damn DLC again on her account. Only a $6 loss, but bullshit that it was necessary. I can see restricting her access to the DLC since it's a different console, but she wasn't even trying to access it--just trying to play the base game we paid for. Sometimes I miss the simpler days before DLC.

bread's done
Back