Problems with Best Buy Gamer's Club Unlocked

Tora Chan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I made my first purchase with my Gamer Club Unlocked membership in person at the store, because a Best Buy representative told me on the phone that it can be only used in store. Can anyone else with GCU confirm or deny this?

I really hoped to be able to use this online, as thats how I buy 90% of my games. If it is possible, how can I set up my membership to be able to work online? Since I made my first successful purchase with GCU on my account in the store, will it update to my account online and start to show the discounts?

Thank you all for your help.

I made my first purchase with my Gamer Club Unlocked membership in person at the store, because a Best Buy representative told me on the phone that it can be only used in store. Can anyone else with GCU confirm or deny this?

I really hoped to be able to use this online, as thats how I buy 90% of my games. If it is possible, how can I set up my membership to be able to work online? Since I made my first successful purchase with GCU on my account in the store, will it update to my account online and start to show the discounts?

Thank you all for your help.
You can use your GCU online. It should automatically give you the discount and you posted in the wrong section. Be warned you shall be insulted, trolled and lied to.

GCU works in store and online. You have to tie your GCU/RZ account to your bestbuy.com account if it isn't already. Once that is done your discount will be reflected when you add games in the cart.

6HbjeBp.gif.gif

Video Game Deals

Do not create threads to ask a question.  Only post specific video game deals. No affiliate links, trade posts/threads, or self-promotion! Read our rules!

Last edited by a moderator:
You have to activate GCU itself in-store, but once you have it you should be fine buying games on bestbuy.com and getting the discount. I haven't had a problem with it.

Also, please note that this is not the correct place to post this topic.

You can use your GCU online. It should automatically give you the discount and you posted in the wrong section. Be warned you shall be insulted, trolled and lied to.
I apologize for posting in the wrong section. I thought "Video game deals" would be the correct place because GCU gives us deals on video games.

My mistake, and once again I apologize. I accept any insult that my actions garnered.

I've never had a problem using GCU online. I do have a tough time getting the discount in store. Everything is linked properly but at checkout simply scanning my Best Buy elite card is never enough.

I never have any problem online, and everything is linked. I think you just can't buy the gamers club unlocked online, at least you couldn't when I got mine, you had to do it in store.

I never have any problem online, and everything is linked. I think you just can't buy the gamers club unlocked online, at least you couldn't when I got mine, you had to do it in store.
You can buy it online but it needs to be activated in store.

Well I figure I'll use this topic for my own question.  Do they still send emails with coupons when you sign up for GCU?  I signed up last year but haven't received any emails about the club, not even a welcome email which I thought people were still getting.

Well I figure I'll use this topic for my own question. Do they still send emails with coupons when you sign up for GCU? I signed up last year but haven't received any emails about the club, not even a welcome email which I thought people were still getting.

Yes they do. I got mine the day after I signed up with four coupons.

bread's done
Back