Professor Layton and the Curious Retail Price

bjkrautk

CAGiversary!
Anyone see a deal on Prof. Layton for the DS?

BB/CC will both have the game for $30; I'd love to find it cheaper than that.

[quote name='bjkrautk']I'd love to find it cheaper than that.[/quote]

Me too.

If anyone knows of a deal on the game, I'd like to know too.

[quote name='Snake2715']I will tag this... Might have to pick up my own Valentines present from the wife![/QUOTE]

fuck! thanks for reminding me!

It probably won't sell that well since it's a new franchise in N. America. Give it a few weeks and I bet we'll see a deal. Keep an eye on Speedy's Sunday ads threads.

The question is: can I wait? I still have the $25 TRU giftcard from Mario Galaxy and it's burning a hole in my pocket.

[quote name='BIG5']It probably won't sell that well since it's a new franchise in N. America. [/quote] How well did Hotel Dusk do in the US?

Layton seems to be getting the same blog/forum groundswell of anticipation that Dusk got last year at this time.

[quote name='bmachine']How well did Hotel Dusk do in the US?

Layton seems to be getting the same blog/forum groundswell of anticipation that Dusk got last year at this time.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, but Layton doesn't have the book style "hold your DS sideways" gimmick going for it. You could be right though, and if you are, I'll have to change my position to "buy now, ebay later".

[quote name='BIG5']

The question is: can I wait? I still have the $25 TRU giftcard from Mario Galaxy and it's burning a hole in my pocket.[/QUOTE]

I know what you mean. I just got some new RZ certificates in the mail today and I think I'm just going to use them on release day. Layton seems like it could either be a sleeper huge hit, or fade into obscurity. Hard to tell, but you can probably eBay it and not lose too much money later.

[quote name='pete5883']Layton has bright colors and cutesy character design on its side. Dusk was kind of dark and drab.[/quote]
You missed my point.

I wasn't comparing the style or playability of the games, simply the pre-release chatter ("hype", for lack of a less rediculous word) that both games have gotten/are getting prior to release.

Unless you're suggesting that Hotel Dusk didn't sell because it's dark and drab. In which case, you got my point. Mostly.

[quote name='Wet Ninja']Is the $30 price at CC and BB for the release week only, or is it their permanent price?[/quote]

That is the regular price for them and also at Target too. And speaking of Target, the one near my house already started selling it and the new DS color today. Don't forget BB is having a package deal with the DS with a free hard case for $160. Might be good for a V-Day present.

BUY.COM has it for $30, but they'll give you $10 off if you're using Google Checkout for the first time.

If you use a different email address and a different credit card every time, you could potentially use Google Checkout's $10 bonus several times. Dishonest, perhaps, but I don't think they've noticed.

At any rate, that would make Buy.com the best deal so far at $20. (shipping is free, and I think they charge whatever sales tax is applicable in your state)

bread's done
Back