Proposition 8 same sex marriage ban poll

I should really go to sleep, but I must be a masochist...

[quote name='von551']ok, so, let me first start off by saying that two of my best friends are lesbians and i support them as humans and they're some of the best people I've made friends with. Now, that doesn't mean I support their lifestyle, I can't. Why? Because that's how much I care for them. Would you support a friend's addiction to heroin or let a friend drink themselves to death with alcohol without intervening?[/quote]

Yeah yeah, "I have a black friend," "love the sinner, hate the sin" and "fucking a dude in the ass is like shooting heroin." Gotcha.

[quote name='von551']If you truly do value human life, you'll look at the statistics and see that the gay life style is dangerous.[/quote]

Fabulously dangerous!

[quote name='von551']My brother in law is a medic and he's seen a guy come in with the flesh eating bacteria on his groin and penis from having anal sex with men and he lost EVERYTHING, penis, balls and all.[/quote]

Shoulda worn a rubber. But now he's cured, right?

[quote name='von551']It's a lifestyle of sensuality and perversion, you know how us guys are. Imagine if we could have sex all the time and girls thought like us, it'd be our ruin, that's what homosexual men have at their disposal. Now, how is that a lifestyle to support? [/quote]

So is that why people like you always picture two gay dudes and never lesbians? Because you think women don't like sex? Gay guys have jobs and shit man (except lilboo, ya bum), they can't just fuck 24/7.

[quote name='von551']And, don't think for a second that just because you're not gay, or are so far removed from the lifestyle that you should care less and it doesn't affect you if they get to marry. marriage is about a man and a woman pro-creating, not health care, or a ceremony, or social status.[/quote]

Blah blah, plenty of people can't procreate and still get legal marriages, no one thinks twice about it and nobody cares, blah blah blah.

[quote name='von551']If you want to take it even deeper, marriage is a model of our relationship with God. God is the groom and the church, those that believe in Jesus as their savior, is the bride and will be one with God in Heaven.[/quote]

Yeah, that's kinda gay.

[quote name='von551']those of you that look at the high percentage of broken marriages can't use that as a crutch to just throw everything out the window and let it get worse by allowing perversion of sex and marriage take place. two wrongs don't make a right. the reason marriage is over 50% divorces is for the same reason we're on the brink of approving same-sex marriage. No body is in contact with God, or what He has in store for their lives, we're so consumed with pleasing ourselves that we set ourselves up for failure, or just give up.[/quote]

Conservative Christians have the highest divorce rates. I'd guess because they're so weird about sex and don't get to know each other enough before they get married.

[quote name='von551']Let's take God, religion, and emotion out of the equation for a second and just look at this from a humanistic perspective and find the stats on what the gay lifestyle is all about.[/quote]

Fabulous stats. Alright, I'm done.

[quote name='von551']These are stats from the CDC that wouldn't be released, until recently, because the gay community has so much political power, that it didn't want to admit the high risk of this lifestyle.[/quote]

Ha, yeah, for the past eight years they've used their political power put in the most homosexual friendly administration they could.

[quote name='von551']-1.4% of women and 2.8% of men identify themselves as homosexual or bisexual, yet they account for 70% of ALL HIV cases
-Homosexual men are 1000 times more likely to contract AIDs than the general population.[/quote]

So what do you think that means, exactly? What reason would you give for that (if it's true, I didn't check)?

If gay people have higher STD rates I'd say it's probably because they use less protection. Makes sense to me anyway, afterall it seems people use condoms mainly because of fear of having a kid rather than fear of STDs and gay people don't exactly have to worry about that.

[quote name='von551']-Homosexual Youths are: 4x more likely to suffer depression, 3x more likely to suffer from anxiety disorder, 4x more likely to experience conduct orders,
4x as likely to commit suicide, 5x more likely to have nicotine addiction, 6x more likely to suffer multiple disorders, 6x more likely to have attempted suicide.[/quote]

Somebody covered this, but yeah, everybody hating them can't possibly be a motivating factor.

[quote name='von551']-On average, gay men live 50 years less than straight men, lifestyle removes 20-30 years.[/quote]

Hahaha, that's made up.

[quote name='von551']-average married gay person has six partners per year in addition to their same-sex spouse
-75% of self-identified gay men have had 100+ partners in their lifetime
-married gay men are 50% more likely to divorce within 8 years than heterosexual couples
-gay women are 167% more likely to divorce than heterosexual couples[/quote]

I imagine these aren't American stats. Where are they from?

[quote name='von551']This is more a struggle between us, the people, and the government and even deeper the devil. They're trying to strangle the free speech and power of the church, yeah the same establishment that also upholds murder, stealing, lying, etc., as being wrong as well. It's funny how everyone wants to remove the church from school, work, etc., yet they agree with the basic laws that it provided our world. What happens when we start making our own moral commandments tailored to our desires? We set our own traps.[/quote]

I honestly don't even know what the hell that's trying to say. You have to outlaw gay marriage to protect the free speech of the churches? You think murdering, etc. were OK by human standards before Judaism/Christianity existed?

[quote name='von551']You don't believe me the gay lobby/government is against the church? Examples:
-There are already preachers in Canada, Belgium, Italy and around the world being arrested for teaching the Bible because it teaches against homosexual lifestyles by law because it's considered hate speech.

- In New Jersey, a church loses their tax exemption as a church because they won't marry a same-sex couple. Oct. 2007

-In Massachusetts, Catholic Charity Organization is forced out of adoption business in 100 years because it won't adopt to a gay couple.[/quote]

Fake.

[quote name='von551']These are a few examples and there's no reason to turn a blind eye to what's happening.

Any of you have kids? If none of the above provoked any reason to shut down this proposition, maybe this will. Ever heard of Senate Bill SB777? This bill, which was signed in October last year by Schwarzenegger devalues a man and woman's marriage by prohibiting "mommy and daddy" or "husband and wife" terms from being used in the classroom. also, children are now able to use the opposite sex bathrooms if they choose too. so if johnny "feels" like a girl, even though he's biologically a boy, he HAS to be allowed to use the girls' restroom. A school in Massachusetts is reading a book to kindergarten children called "King and King" about a prince that chooses a prince over the princesses offered to him, is this what you want your tax money going to and what you want your five year old exposed to?[/quote]

Half fake, half don't care.

There, I'm done.

Wow, I'd say that was a joke account, except it was too long, thought out, and obviously written with care and time to be so.

Kid has balls though, coming in here saying such things...

That reminds me that I'd like to see that Harvey Milk biopic. Hopefully it isn't dragged down by Sean Penn's blatant effort to fish for an oscar.

I'd say there is anger, but not so much coordinated solidarity amongst many homosexuals.

EDIT: thrust, I was thinking it was a C&P job. Looks like the kind of email conservative old Aunt Mildred would get from her church/bridge club friends.

It's funny how conservative Christians want marriage to be defined as a man and a woman. Did they forget Abraham was married to Sarah, Hagar, and Keturah? Hell, Sarah even suggested he marry Hagar. What about David's wives? You can't pick and choose what you want to follow out of the Bible. The fundamentalists will all tell you that the Bible is 100% true. Then, you ask how Cain, Abel, and Seth found wives and their heads blow up.

It's funny. I was just checking some facts on this stuff and stumbled onto a discussion about the beginning of the world and some fundamentalist actually said that carbon dating isn't scientifically supported by anything. Arguing with these guys is a losing game.

In the end, we must all remember. He who argues with the fool will only be made to look foolish in the end. Just let gays be happy. Hell, I'm not even against polygamy as long as everyone consents and it isn't some scared 14 year old girl with a gun to her head.

You know von, its little shits like you that are the reason why the world is the way it is today. Going and spouting out vitrol like its nothing and trying to use your fucked up religious beliefs to back you up. Great way to make friends ya douche bag. God I'm so glad that I have no idea where you live or I'd make the rest of your miserable ass life a living hell...

EDIT: wow dumbass, just googling your name seems to pull up a bit of stuff...

If you have you get flesh eating bacteria from having butt sex then why arnt prissy little whiney Christian kids like Von loosing their wang by the assload? I mean after all since Christians got their way and we started teaching absence only the number of kids having butt sex has shot up to record numbers. After all a boy wont marry a girl who had a red ring popped so she better use her brown ring if she wants a pretty white ring one day!

Id like to live in vons world though. Seriously the next generation of Christians would be compltly whipped out....that would be a great thing. It would be sad that all the gay men would have to die but its a sacrafice to make the world a better place. Also on the bright side is that while gay men would die we wouldnt loose the women! *dreams of said world with no Christians and lots of lesbians walking around*

[quote name='depascal22']Wait a minute...more girls but they're all lesbians? Sounds like a lose lose to me.[/QUOTE]

Ah but we dont loose the straight woman. So we have all the straight woman and now far more lesbians! Thats win win baby......then again its a world where no man can have butt sex....and as far as im concerned butt sex is good stuff.

Also, flesh eating bacteria don't just go after gay guys. I worked in operating rooms for ten years and saw all walks of life get hit up with that horrible horrible disease. Gasp, even straight men get it. One guy got it for falling on a stake in his yard. Impaled his leg and the bacteria went from his lower leg all the way up. He ended up dying a couple months later. Maybe he was a closet gay.

I think in order to get some kind of flesh eating bacteria you really have to fuck a really dirty ass. I mean, really now. I know lots of guys who've had LOTS OF SEX..and they are all fine. No STDS/HIV or flesh eating bacteria.

Well, considering douchebag LOVES posting bogus "facts"...lets see, according to your YouTube channel your name is Levon. Lets see, because you're making assumptions, let me make some of my own. Since you're name is Levon, you must be a dark Kunta Kente $$$$er that somehow learned to read away from the "mastah". Does you diet mostly consist of watermelon and fried chicken? Does momma know how to make chitlins??? When does daddy get out of jail?

You want to play assumptions and bullshit stereo type facts. Two can play that game bitch

[quote name='HumanSnatcher']Well, considering douchebag LOVES posting bogus "facts"...lets see, according to your YouTube channel your name is Levon. Lets see, because you're making assumptions, let me make some of my own. Since you're name is Levon, you must be a dark Kunta Kente $$$$er that somehow learned to read away from the "mastah". Does you diet mostly consist of watermelon and fried chicken? Does momma know how to make chitlins??? When does daddy get out of jail?

You want to play assumptions and bullshit stereo type facts. Two can play that game bitch[/quote]

I'm black, but I got your back. :)

[quote name='depascal22']Also, flesh eating bacteria don't just go after gay guys. I worked in operating rooms for ten years and saw all walks of life get hit up with that horrible horrible disease. Gasp, even straight men get it. One guy got it for falling on a stake in his yard. Impaled his leg and the bacteria went from his lower leg all the way up. He ended up dying a couple months later. Maybe he was a closet gay.[/QUOTE]

Ermmm you realize that I dont really believe gays are more prone to flesh eating bacteria right? As per most people that follow the bible von is a complete moron that easily believes dumb things. I was just saying the world he lives in would be interesting.

[quote name='HumanSnatcher']Well, considering douchebag LOVES posting bogus "facts"...lets see, according to your YouTube channel your name is Levon. Lets see, because you're making assumptions, let me make some of my own. Since you're name is Levon, you must be a dark Kunta Kente $$$$er that somehow learned to read away from the "mastah". Does you diet mostly consist of watermelon and fried chicken? Does momma know how to make chitlins??? When does daddy get out of jail?

You want to play assumptions and bullshit stereo type facts. Two can play that game bitch[/QUOTE]

Wow just wow. And I thought I had a tendency to take things too far ;)

[quote name='MSI Magus']Wow just wow. And I thought I had a tendency to take things too far ;)[/quote]

Normallly, I'd agree, but I have no problem with HumanSnatcher proving a point in this case. Besides, he's been a cool dude everytime I have talked to him. :cool:

[quote name='GuilewasNK']Normallly, I'd agree, but I have no problem with HumanSnatcher proving a point in this case. Besides, he's been a cool dude everytime I have talked to him. :cool:[/QUOTE]

Heh I wasnt offended by it or anything. I mean if your putting things in a sarcastic manor like that its obvious you mean nothing by it.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']Normallly, I'd agree, but I have no problem with HumanSnatcher proving a point in this case. Besides, he's been a cool dude everytime I have talked to him. :cool:[/quote]

Especially considering, like lilboo, I'm one of "them there homer-sexuals"

[quote name='HumanSnatcher']Especially considering, like lilboo, I'm one of "them there homer-sexuals"[/quote]

Lilboo would be more awesome with the angry Princess Peach avatar making a comeback. :applause: I liked that one.

People just amaze me sometimes. They get so concerned about everyone else lives to the point it is absurd. I guarantee everyone has a gay friend or family member and don't even realize it. People really need to to just try learn about gay people like they should anyone else that is different from themselves.

[quote name='depascal22']It's funny how conservative Christians want marriage to be defined as a man and a woman. Did they forget Abraham was married to Sarah, Hagar, and Keturah? Hell, Sarah even suggested he marry Hagar. What about David's wives? You can't pick and choose what you want to follow out of the Bible. The fundamentalists will all tell you that the Bible is 100% true. Then, you ask how Cain, Abel, and Seth found wives and their heads blow up.

It's funny. I was just checking some facts on this stuff and stumbled onto a discussion about the beginning of the world and some fundamentalist actually said that carbon dating isn't scientifically supported by anything. Arguing with these guys is a losing game.

In the end, we must all remember. He who argues with the fool will only be made to look foolish in the end. Just let gays be happy. Hell, I'm not even against polygamy as long as everyone consents and it isn't some scared 14 year old girl with a gun to her head.[/QUOTE]

Interesting you bring that up.

In the past, in other threads about homosexuality, and before you posted here, I would always bring up Polygamy to help everyone get perspective (both sides). It would cause such a violent reaction from the gay rights community that would span dozens of pages though. I've opted to not play that card again, unless my unemployed boredom reaches new lows.

It has always interested me though, that the fundamental christians are too close minded to define marriage as anything but one man and one woman, and many pro-gay rights people can only define it as two people total. Both sides don't see hot obtuse and self serving their views are.

Just a fun fact for you.

I just thought of something that is slightly off topic.

Let's say a male wants to marry a transgendered woman in the US. Is that legal? Would it technically fall under the veil of gay marriage to some people? I don't think I have seen this addressed anywhere.

Maybe if she was post-op and was actually a woman?
I don't know.

See, the transgendered community is like a spin-off of the gay community. It's different, but similiar--but in the end it IS different.
It's really confusing :(

[quote name='MSI Magus']Ermmm you realize that I dont really believe gays are more prone to flesh eating bacteria right? As per most people that follow the bible von is a complete moron that easily believes dumb things. I was just saying the world he lives in would be interesting.[/quote]

That was directed at von. I was just expanding on what I was talking about earlier not refuting anything you had to say.

EDIT -- Marrying a transgendered woman is legal. In the eyes of the law, she is a woman. You can say she can't procreate but neither can the many women that have lost their ovaries to cancer.

[quote name='The Crotch']The Gay Lobby/Agenda/Mafia has totally taken over this thread. Total, man.[/quote]

I'm just about people having the right to be happy so long as it doesn't infringe with anyone else's rights. Life is too short to deal with bullshit all the time.

[quote name='The Crotch']So... would you say you're more the Agenda type, or are you part of the Mafia?[/quote]

Mafia sounds cooler. :lol:

[quote name='GuilewasNK']I'm just about people having the right to be happy so long as it doesn't infringe with anyone else's rights. Life is too short to deal with bullshit all the time.[/QUOTE]

fuckin libertarians's. Their taking this forum over!

;)

[quote name='thrustbucket']fuckin libertarians's. Their taking this forum over!

;)[/quote]

Hah! :)

I guess I am more libertarian than anything else. Never really gave myself a label before.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']Hah! :)

I guess I am more libertarian than anything else. Never really gave myself a label before.[/QUOTE]

I think most Americans are pretty damn libertarian. Their just too stupid to realize they are. I remember when me and my fiancee took a political science class together and we had to fill out this form that helped determine what party you belonged to in philosophy at least. My fiancee was surprised to learn she was a member of a party she had never even heard of.

On Polygamy who gives a shit. You can have 10 wives for all I care if your not hurting anyone it shouldn't matter. I think to prevent certain complications you shouldn't have certain rights as a polygamist(for instance its insane to expect welfare for having 10 kids when you did it with 4 woman, and health insurance has similar issues). Hell I think in some ways polygamy in a non traditional sense would be a better life style for a lot of people. I know my sex drive could never be kept under control by 1 normal woman(probally not 2)and it would certainly make paying the bills a lot easier. It might even cause a lot of guys to stop being such rude ignorant assholes since they would have to compete for a smaller amount of woman. Then again...woman often tend to go for the assholes till their ready to get married meaning a shortage of woman for good guys for a long time....hmmmm

[quote name='MSI Magus']I remember when me and my fiancee took a political science class together and we had to fill out this form that helped determine what party you belonged to in philosophy at least. My fiancee was surprised to learn she was a member of a party she had never even heard of.

I know my sex drive could never be kept under control by 1 normal woman(probally not 2)and it would certainly make paying the bills a lot easier. [/quote]

Did you let your fiancee know that? ;):lol:

[quote name='GuilewasNK']Did you let your fiancee know that? ;):lol:[/QUOTE]

Yes my fiancee knows. We have had issues with sex but have slowly worked through them. It will never be what I want it to be nor will it be what she is 100% comfortable with. But hey that seems to be what relationships are, making compromises that leave both parties not quite where they want to be! She has compromised and worked far more then most woman though, I think she has given me 70/100 which is about 30-40 more then most guys get.

[quote name='MSI Magus']
On Polygamy who gives a shit. You can have 10 wives for all I care if your not hurting anyone it shouldn't matter. I think to prevent certain complications you shouldn't have certain rights as a polygamist(for instance its insane to expect welfare for having 10 kids when you did it with 4 woman, and health insurance has similar issues). Hell I think in some ways polygamy in a non traditional sense would be a better life style for a lot of people. I know my sex drive could never be kept under control by 1 normal woman(probally not 2)and it would certainly make paying the bills a lot easier. It might even cause a lot of guys to stop being such rude ignorant assholes since they would have to compete for a smaller amount of woman. Then again...woman often tend to go for the assholes till their ready to get married meaning a shortage of woman for good guys for a long time....hmmmm[/QUOTE]

Totally agree. Glad to see you say this.

[quote name='MSI Magus']Yes my fiancee knows. We have had issues with sex but have slowly worked through them. It will never be what I want it to be nor will it be what she is 100% comfortable with. But hey that seems to be what relationships are, making compromises that leave both parties not quite where they want to be! She has compromised and worked far more then most woman though, I think she has given me 70/100 which is about 30-40 more then most guys get.[/quote]

This is true. At least you have a dialogue about it instead of keeping your wishes bottled up. It seems like she is at least open to your feelings about it and you aren't pushing her too hard either.

We have a weird form of polygamy in the ghettos and trailer parks right now. Some guys have several children by several different women. Marriage was never involved but for all intents and purposes the man pays to support several different women. If we had polygamy, that man could (under the right circumstances) bring all the women and, subsequently, all his children under one roof.

[quote name='depascal22']We have a weird form of polygamy in the ghettos and trailer parks right now. Some guys have several children by several different women. Marriage was never involved but for all intents and purposes the man pays to support several different women. If we had polygamy, that man could (under the right circumstances) bring all the women and, subsequently, all his children under one roof.[/quote]

Anal.

Nature's contraceptive. :lol:

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Speaking of nature, are there any examples of anal sex in the animal kingdom?[/quote]

Between male and female, I don't know, but I imagine in the billions of years of history of the world that it is plausible it has occured in two male animals.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']This is true. At least you have a dialogue about it instead of keeping your wishes bottled up. It seems like she is at least open to your feelings about it and you aren't pushing her too hard either.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. Most relationships people grow to resent eachother because they arnt honest and next thing you know people are either divorcing or cheating. I told her openly what I felt knowing it would hurt her but be good for our relationship in the long run. It took about 3 years but things are finally working out and we are happier then we ever could have thought possible as a result.

bread's done
Back