PS HOME Free Items / Clothes / Freebies Wiki

[quote name='Jessie1627']how do u participate in the turkey chase? Whenever i go to pier park i see the turkeys but i never see that it says to play[/QUOTE]

If the space is busy, the game may take forever to load

[quote name='hellmutt']All I got was a cranberry sauce. The giant statue is what you approach in order to start the game.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I um, misread that as "got the turkey statue...":lol:

[quote name='Digital-Nitrate']For anyone who never participated in the previous Turkey Chase games, or didn't get the mask, will get it now.

It remains to be seen if they will be adding the multiple rounds of chases, and if so, maybe they'll also add the other parts of the turkey costume from the two previous years.[/QUOTE]

I have not logged into Home since last night's update, but a recent PSN Blog post says there is a new level for the game, and so I suspect they'll be adding new levels each week leading up to Thanksgiving:
Players that go to the newly-opened Pier Park will find that a new level of the classic Turkey Chase event has been released complete with brand new rewards. For those unfamiliar with this PlayStation Home tradition, the premise is simple: In celebration of the impending Turkey Day, players that approach the gathering of turkeys in Pier Park will enter into a game wherein you chase a bunch of wily turkeys around the space (word to the wise: these turkeys are quite cunning so you’d better bring appropriate footwear). If you can manage to catch them all, you will unlock Thanksgiving-themed rewards that are sure to make you an object of envy amongst your peers. Sound borderline insane? Of course it does – which is exactly why we are doing it!
There's also a big event in Theater 1 tonight for the season finale of The Spotlight by PStalent, and in that same blog post they mention that those that attend will get some kind of special reward.

Oh, and there's another week of 10 Free Items, this time it's in:
Threads -> A-Z -> Male -> Home Originals -> FREE!

Well so far I have not seen any change in the Turkey game. It still only has one level and no new rewards.

Also, if you visit the Hub you can get the rewards from the quests that ran during the private beta for the Hub:

Military Top (M/F)
Military Pants (M/F)
Smuggler Top (M/F)
Smuggler Pants (M/F)
Private Beta Military Award (secret package trophy)
Private Beta Smuggler Award (secret package trophy)

However, once again, the rewards are not unlocking for everyone. It appears you might have to go to the Hub, then after the HDD icon goes away, quit Home and log back in. If you are lucky you'll get all 10 rewards right away, if not you may have to not only log back into Home, but also keep going back to the Hub. Rinse and repeat until you get all the rewards you want.

BTW: Some have said they got some of these rewards by visiting theater 1, but others have not. YMMV

[quote name='Digital-Nitrate']
There's also a big event in Theater 1 tonight for the season finale of The Spotlight by PStalent, and in that same blog post they mention that those that attend will get some kind of special reward.
[/QUOTE]

You can now get the reward (PS TALENT picture frame) for just entering Theater 1.

[quote name='DismalxHavoc']Go to the giant turkey statue to play the turkey chase game.

Has anyone else had a problem with the rewards in the Rally space? I received the green car companion yesterday and had it all day. Today, I found it to not only be missing from my inventory, but also from my rewards list.[/QUOTE]

I lost one of my rc cars to so i just gave up getting the other rewards.

Smuggler's Outfit (Top & Bottom) Male pictured here:

6333630100_d389b26a3f.jpg

6333628252_65fbff2301.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='blackjosh']It's a Smuggler's Outfit (Top & Bottom) Male and Female.
I'm not sure when the event started or when I got the reward. But at 9:00 PM EST, I had been logged out due to inactivity and I had the reward.[/QUOTE]

The only reward for the "event" is the PS TALENT picture frame from theater 1.

The smugglers outfit is part of the 10 rewards from the quests that ran during the private beta for the hub, which I posted about earlier:

[quote name='Digital-Nitrate']Well so far I have not seen any change in the Turkey game. It still only has one level and no new rewards.

Also, if you visit the Hub you can get the rewards from the quests that ran during the private beta for the Hub:

Military Top (M/F)
Military Pants (M/F)
Smuggler Top (M/F)
Smuggler Pants (M/F)
Private Beta Military Award (secret package trophy)
Private Beta Smuggler Award (secret package trophy)

However, once again, the rewards are not unlocking for everyone. It appears you might have to go to the Hub, then after the HDD icon goes away, quit Home and log back in. If you are lucky you'll get all 10 rewards right away, if not you may have to not only log back into Home, but also keep going back to the Hub. Rinse and repeat until you get all the rewards you want.

BTW: Some have said they got some of these rewards by visiting theater 1, but others have not. YMMV[/QUOTE]

Clearly there are outstanding issues regarding the reward system. I can say for certain though, you can get all 10 beta rewards by keep logging back into Home. If you are lucky you'll get all the rewards right away - if not it could take several cycles of loging in - out, and in again.

As for the picture frame, I got it for just entering theater 1, and it was an hour before the event started.

eh. just a coincidence... but a pleasant one. I really like the Smuggler's outfit and didn't do much to get it. :)

I was in theater 1 between 8:00 and 9 PM EST... approximately.
And I didn't receive the PS Talent picture frame.

[quote name='blackjosh']eh. just a coincidence... but a pleasant one. I really like the Smuggler's outfit and didn't do much to get it. :)

I was in theater 1 between 8:00 and 9 PM EST... approximately.
And I didn't receive the PS Talent picture frame.[/QUOTE]

I finally started getting all the rewards this evening, late. Picked up the 10 Beta rewards and the frame.

Didn't get the frame either but I received smugglers outfit military outfit and 2 trophies logging on three times. This issue might be bandwidth related. I'm nervous because others including myself have lost some rewards.

Loved this glitch, I just got my PS3 last week and missed all the items otherwise. Logged in in the middle of the day yesterday and got everything, including the picture frame although the "event" was supposedly later...

I've been working on the sports trivia challenge and I can't seem to turn up the olympics shirts (At least I think they are olympics with the home medal.) Also, I got the male hockey helmet but not the female. Any ideas?

http://alphazone4.com/store/#cat12514

Also, I never got the RC handheld controller for entering the RC space for the first time...

[quote name='hellmutt']I've been working on the sports trivia challenge and I can't seem to turn up the olympics shirts (At least I think they are olympics with the home medal.) Also, I got the male hockey helmet but not the female. Any ideas?

Also, I never got the RC handheld controller for entering the RC space for the first time...[/QUOTE]

Same things are happening to me and i've lost my AK-47 from UC3 game
try this site http://www.yourplaystationhome.com/page-2.html

In the Peakvox Lab space on the japanese home there's a lot of new rewards, you'll get jeans for enter the space, if you check the help-cube thingys you get a new reward in each of them, and in the 2 new games they'll give reward too.

BTW, almost forgot , this week free items:
Threads => A-Z => Male => Home Originals => FREE

[quote name='hellmutt']I've been working on the sports trivia challenge and I can't seem to turn up the olympics shirts (At least I think they are olympics with the home medal.) Also, I got the male hockey helmet but not the female. Any ideas?

Also, I never got the RC handheld controller for entering the RC space for the first time...[/QUOTE]

I got the Olympics stuff and if I remember correctly it's unlocked by getting 3000 pts in a round.

I also got the male-only hockey helmet and a male-only college football helmet by getting 3100 pts in a round. I assume those are male only items. The RC controller also did not come up for me nor did the workbench for winning a multiplayer match.

Bootleggers is pretty much dead. I went there to complete the quest, and there was not a single player in the lobby for about an hour. I went through five matches by myself. Pretty sad for something brand new. It seemed like a decent, free, multiplayer first-person shooter, but I guess it's not really the type of game for the 'Home' crowd.

Hold 'em is the most popular of the new games, and the sessions are packed. RC Rally has a decent crowd and is a decent racer for short bits. I'm not sure if it will sustain long-term. Cogs is pretty fun for a single player type of game. We'll see if people will be going there once they get multiplayer off the ground.

[quote name='phogoodness']Bootleggers is pretty much dead. I went there to complete the quest, and there was not a single player in the lobby for about an hour. I went through five matches by myself. Pretty sad for something brand new. It seemed like a decent, free, multiplayer first-person shooter, but I guess it's not really the type of game for the 'Home' crowd.

Hold 'em is the most popular of the new games, and the sessions are packed. RC Rally has a decent crowd and is a decent racer for short bits. I'm not sure if it will sustain long-term. Cogs is pretty fun for a single player type of game. We'll see if people will be going there once they get multiplayer off the ground.[/QUOTE]

You have to keep in mind that there is no one lobby for a spcae that everyone can go to. There are often hundreds if not thousands of lobbies for many of the spaces at any given time. Most of the popular spaces usually have lobbies with about 30 or so people in them at any given time. Some lobbies are full, others with very few, either because it is a newly created lobby or if its a lobby that is getting closed.

I've been in Bootlegger lobbies recently that were too full, and thus it was impossible to play a 2 vs 2 game with just friends, instead of getting the random troll that just likes to cause trouble in a game.

It would be great if they would add a invite only option, but I suspect they wont in fear troublemakers will just sit in the rooms to prevent people from playing.

This week's 10 free items are in the Estates store. At the moment, they still cost .99 cents tho'. Would've thought they'd make sure it's free by the time the maintenance was complete. Perhaps tomorrow it'll a ll be sorted. =)

[quote name='DismalxHavoc']This week's 10 free items are in the Estates store. At the moment, they still cost .99 cents tho'. Would've thought they'd make sure it's free by the time the maintenance was complete. Perhaps tomorrow it'll a ll be sorted. =)[/QUOTE]

Just checked, they still haven't fixed it yet. Also, the Turkey chase game reward now is candied yams.

If anyone owns the Sunset Yacht or Hollywood Hills homes, they added the Crackle service to the movie screens (NA only I believe). You can now watch full length movies (currently only horror) and tv shows (not available yet) in your personal space.

Also, owners of the Hollywood Hills home gets the Tiki Seat ($.99), Tiki Couch ($.99), and Modern Black furniture bundle ($.99 or $1.99 I forgot): Corner Sofa, Sofa, Chair & Ottoman for free.

[quote name='deviousnaraku']If anyone owns the Sunset Yacht or Hollywood Hills homes, they added the Crackle service to the movie screens (NA only I believe). You can now watch full length movies (currently only horror) and tv shows (not available yet) in your personal space.

Also, owners of the Hollywood Hills home gets the Tiki Seat ($.99), Tiki Couch ($.99), and Modern Black furniture bundle ($.99 or $1.99 I forgot): Corner Sofa, Sofa, Chair & Ottoman for free.[/QUOTE]

Yup more info here

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011...e-watch-free-full-length-movies-with-crackle/

[quote name='DismalxHavoc']This week's 10 free items are in the Estates store. At the moment, they still cost .99 cents tho'. Would've thought they'd make sure it's free by the time the maintenance was complete. Perhaps tomorrow it'll a ll be sorted. =)[/QUOTE]

Where at, I didn't see anything special there?

Also, since visiting the store reminded me; anyone that has the zombie deadquarters, tron space, or littlebigplanet pod penthouse or any other home spaces with free items, please PM so I can get the free items from them.

[quote name='deviousnaraku']If anyone owns the Sunset Yacht or Hollywood Hills homes, they added the Crackle service to the movie screens (NA only I believe). You can now watch full length movies (currently only horror) and tv shows (not available yet) in your personal space.[/QUOTE]

What's the catch? Other than needing to buy one of the spaces. Also, which space is recommended? Figure Hollywood Hills is the obvious choice, but I only saw videos of them...

[quote name='EarthBoundX5']Where at, I didn't see anything special there?

Also, since visiting the store reminded me; anyone that has the zombie deadquarters, tron space, or littlebigplanet pod penthouse or any other home spaces with free items, please PM so I can get the free items from them.

What's the catch? Other than needing to buy one of the spaces. Also, which space is recommended? Figure Hollywood Hills is the obvious choice, but I only saw videos of them...[/QUOTE]

The Free items this week will be fixed sometime on Monday (said on the home forums)

Actually, I found out you don't need to buy the spaces to watch Crackle. You can go to Loot's Public Theater and watch Crackle there. Everyone there gets to watch their own thing though. So there's no catch.

If you do want to buy the space so you and your friends can watch stuff together, I'd recommend Hollywood Hills since you get 6 free furniture items.

[quote name='EarthBoundX5'] Also, since visiting the store reminded me; anyone that has the zombie deadquarters, tron space, or littlebigplanet pod penthouse or any other home spaces with free items, please PM so I can get the free items from them.[/QUOTE]

Huh?? ... And here I thought Zombie Deadquarters was the only space that gave visitors a free item. Aside from the Playstation Mansion spaces and the recently released Cutterige apartment.

[quote name='DismalxHavoc']Huh?? ... And here I thought Zombie Deadquarters was the only space that gave visitors a free item. Aside from the Playstation Mansion spaces and the recently released Cutterige apartment.[/QUOTE]

nope, there are a fee others as well :D

Two nights ago in the Aurora space I dropped in and mysteriously bumped from L57 to L62, it was happening to other people as well. Not sure if it's still going on, but might want to hop in to see if you get any free points.

They boosted everyone's XP in Aurora by 10,000. I got the Energy Goggles, Tshirts, and Teleporter because of this.

Thanks for the heads up Hellmutt!

[quote name='Stealthcat']They boosted everyone's XP in Aurora by 10,000. I got the Energy Goggles, Tshirts, and Teleporter because of this.

Thanks for the heads up Hellmutt![/QUOTE]

Confirmed again! I had previously only visited the space once, and I mean visited, did NOTHING, now I am 27!

EDIT: It also told me if I visit tomorrow I'll get 50 xp for visiting 2 days in a row :lol:

[quote name='SleepyPeepers']I own the Hollywood Hills space and can't figure out how to get the free furniture... any help?[/QUOTE]

The free furniture is in the loot furinture section of the store
"tiki sofa, chair & modern black sofo, corner chair, chair, ottoman"
it should have 0.00 for the price if you own Hollywood Hills space.

[quote name='EarthBoundX5']Confirmed again! I had previously only visited the space once, and I mean visited, did NOTHING, now I am 27!

EDIT: It also told me if I visit tomorrow I'll get 50 xp for visiting 2 days in a row :lol:[/QUOTE]

that's how they hook you. then 100 the next day, then 200 the next day.

i was going to quit when I got to L50 but now I'm aiming for 65. I really need to quit, the level requirements are getting ridiculous. (and I refuse to pay for more advanced goggles...)

OK. From what I can tell, the 10 Free items are actually available, not just grouped in a friendly way. I will check things out and update this thread with what I find. I am starting on women first. If someone wants to help with the male items that would be cool. Who the heck knows, maybe these aren't even the 10 free items, but I guess they are worth getting either way.

Edit: Hah hah, someone else already found them. Credit to darkan12-nl on the playstation boards.

Threads -> A-Z -> Male -> Home Originals -> Torso -> Torso -> Western Shirt
Threads -> A-Z -> Male -> Home Originals -> Torso -> Jacket -> Vintage Rust Leather Jacket
Threads -> A-Z -> Male -> Home Originals -> Torso -> Jacket -> Track Jacket - Green
Threads -> A-Z -> Male -> Home Originals -> Torso -> Jacket -> Track Jacket - Yellow
Threads -> A-Z -> Male -> Home Originals -> Legs -> Track Pants - Green
Threads -> A-Z -> Male -> Home Originals -> Legs -> Track Pants - Yellow

Threads -> A-Z -> Female -> Home Originals -> Feet -> White Boots
Threads -> A-Z -> Female -> Home Originals -> Hands -> White Gloves
Threads -> A-Z -> Female -> Home Originals -> Torso -> Torso -> White Halter Top and Pearls
Threads -> A-Z -> Female -> Home Originals -> Torso -> Jacket -> White Knit Sweater Jacket

[quote name='Andami']Or you can go to Estates and the the Free tab. All in one convenient place.[/QUOTE]

True. That wasn't there earlier.

[quote name='Andami']It was there at least 9 hours ago, when I saw it first. I assumed it was what Dismal posted a few days ago, so I didn't say anything.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9078181&postcount=2138[/QUOTE]

Wasn't there when Dismal posted for me, or when I previously posted about it. So who knows, maybe for some strange reason its not showing up at the same times for everyone; kinda like how XBLA DotWs never seem to be showing up for everyone at the same times.

Actually, to be specific, they were there, but they weren't free at the time I posted about them. Later, I decide to check if they were fixed, only to find that they had mysteriously disappeared altogether.

So, in a sense, this whole ordeal probably just revolved around bad timing.

[quote name='redrumblefish']The free furniture is in the loot furinture section of the store
"tiki sofa, chair & modern black sofo, corner chair, chair, ottoman"
it should have 0.00 for the price if you own Hollywood Hills space.[/QUOTE]

Thank you! :D

Get a Free Baked Ham in the Turkey Chase Today. Supposedly there are also 4 free items in community theater to finish out the Thanksgiving feast. I'm there now but didn't get anything yet.

FUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!! I went to get the turkey items for today, then searched around for the theater and new free items; then decided to give up and wait on someone else locating them. Turn off my PS3, turn it on 30 mins later to watch a tv show and BAM! YLOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[quote name='Owen']I did not get the Theater items to pop up either. Also did anyone locate the new free items they mention in the update notes?[/QUOTE]

US Server:

from $$$a4567 on yourplaystation.com : "This weeks [10 free items] is all located in Threads > A - Z > Female > Wipeout > FREE"

The Estates store still has the free items from last week.

US Loot Space Station Theater has a free Crackle Popcorn Bag item for your virtual hand and Crackle Hoodie for entering. You get an EOD Remote control for your virtual hand for watching the movie 1941. Watching Monty Python's: And Now For Something Completely Different nets you that movie poster.

I have found 5 new free items for the guys.

Threads; A-Z; Home Originals; Male; Jackets
-White Dinner Jacket
-Track Jacket - Purple
Threads; A-Z; Home Originals; Male; Bottoms
-Track Pants - Purple
Threads; A-Z; Home Originals; Male; Shoes
-White Sneakers
-White HiTops

I don't browse through the girls', so I have no idea which are the old freebies and which are the recently added.

bread's done
Back