PS HOME Free Items / Clothes / Freebies Wiki

[quote name='goodbyetonight']Is the 3rd anniversary snowglobe still available? I've been to the Hub and the community theater and it hasn't unlocked.[/QUOTE]

No, all anniversary rewards were available on the anniversary and the following day as a bonus.

However there is no shortage of snow globes in the Winter Hubalaboo space. Just take a pic using each of the 6 cameras spread throughout the space to get 5 different snow globes and a stand to display them on.

[quote name='Digital-Nitrate']No, all anniversary rewards were available on the anniversary and the following day as a bonus.

However there is no shortage of snow globes in the Winter Hubalaboo space. Just take a pic using each of the 6 cameras spread throughout the space to get 5 different snow globes and a stand to display them on.[/QUOTE]

Ah, okay. Alpha Zone said it was available until the 31st, I guess they were wrong.

I don't see it mentioned in here, but by visiting the nDreams space, you get a FREE pet/companion/sidekick reward of Vincent the Unicorn.

I know I said I was going to quit Aurora when I got to Level 50, but the 10,000 point bump convinced me to play on. I am now closing in on Level 65, and I am really vowing to quit once I hit that. I'm intrigued by the L95 and L100 prizes, but I did the rough math and don't like what I find.

From Level 65 to Level 100, if my calculations are correct, I need to earn 224,000 points. I am only doing the free stuff, silver goggles, so my max is about 150 points per day. Include the attendance bonuses, it brings me to about an average of 237.5 points per day, assuming I never have a gap.

At that rate, it will be 2.58 years before I get to L100. Since I do a fair amount of business travel, I'm guessing it's closer to 3 years or more. Since Aurora almost certainly won't be around by then, I think it's time for me to cut my losses.

[quote name='Digital-Nitrate']No, all anniversary rewards were available on the anniversary and the following day as a bonus.
[/QUOTE]

Ah that's disappointing, should of hopped on as soon as I heard about it. Oh well not a huge loss I guess

Went to the Loot showcase last night and got an item "Festive Stockings". Not too sure how I got them (I just walked towards the new Drey section) or if it was just a delayed reward from something else I did, but I never seen them mentioned on here.

Also is anyone else having massive problems with the activity board? Couldn't check my quest progress the whole time I was on last night, kept giving me the "Cannot connect to Server" error.

[quote name='brewer']Went to the Loot showcase last night and got an item "Festive Stockings". Not too sure how I got them (I just walked towards the new Drey section) or if it was just a delayed reward from something else I did, but I never seen them mentioned on here.[/QUOTE]

It is one of the many freebies from the Lockwood Gift Machine. You get them if someone on your friends list sends you them, and you are in a space with a gift machine inside it - which the Showcase does. If you want to find out who sent you it, just check your PSN message box. Whenever new free items show up in the gift machine I and many others try and make it a habit to send them to everyone on our friends list, or at least to ones I know use Home. Many of the free items are only free temporarily, and sometimes are removed all together, so it's helpful to send them out to friends as soon as you see them.

BTW: You can always just gift yourself all the freebies by using an alt account and send them to your main account. In fact, if you feel it's worth the trouble, you could create multiple alt accounts and gift yourself all the items that cost 32 tokens or less, as each new account will get 61 tokens. It used to be 80 tokens, but I suspect they realized people were making alt accounts to get all the 64 token items, which can add up pretty quick. It's pretty nice that they still give away free tokens though.

[quote name='brewer']Also is anyone else having massive problems with the activity board? Couldn't check my quest progress the whole time I was on last night, kept giving me the "Cannot connect to Server" error.[/QUOTE]

I haven't had any issues. Sometimes resetting your internet connections can help network errors.

Ah yes I forgot that Hellmutt sent me an item (been about a week and a half since I logged into home). Thanks hellmutt.

Thanks for the info, if I run into the problem with the activity board again I will have to try resetting my modem and see if that helps.

[quote name='Digital-Nitrate']It is one of the many freebies from the Lockwood Gift Machine. You get them if someone on your friends list sends you them, and you are in a space with a gift machine inside it - which the Showcase does. If you want to find out who sent you it, just check your PSN message box. Whenever new free items show up in the gift machine I and many others try and make it a habit to send them to everyone on our friends list, or at least to ones I know use Home. Many of the free items are only free temporarily, and sometimes are removed all together, so it's helpful to send them out to friends as soon as you see them.

BTW: You can always just gift yourself all the freebies by using an alt account and send them to your main account. In fact, if you feel it's worth the trouble, you could create multiple alt accounts and gift yourself all the items that cost 32 tokens or less, as each new account will get 61 tokens. It used to be 80 tokens, but I suspect they realized people were making alt accounts to get all the 64 token items, which can add up pretty quick. It's pretty nice that they still give away free tokens though.

I haven't had any issues. Sometimes resetting your internet connections can help network errors.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='brewer']Ah yes I forgot that Hellmutt sent me an item (been about a week and a half since I logged into home). Thanks hellmutt.

Thanks for the info, if I run into the problem with the activity board again I will have to try resetting my modem and see if that helps.[/QUOTE]

not a problem!

Not sure if this is the right thread or if it has been posted:

Happy Holidays from the Rocksmith team! Rock out this holiday season to (3) complimentary holiday tracks, courtesy of Rocksmith: “Carol of the Bells”, “We Three Kings”, and “God Rest Ye Merry, Gentlemen”. Each song includes a new authentic tone accessible in AMP mode. NOTE: Available arrangements will vary by song. Rocksmith™ game disc is required for play. Music credits available at www.rocksmith.com. Music Downloads Not Rated by the ESRB.

Get the PS3 download by logging onto PSN with your console and downloading from the store.

It is also available on xbox 360 here

[quote name='Ir0n']I don't see it mentioned in here, but by visiting the nDreams space, you get a FREE pet/companion/sidekick reward of Vincent the Unicorn.[/QUOTE]

SoylentBob mentioned it back on the 16th when it came out.
Tuesdays and Thursdays aren't the only content update days. Some rewards like the Machete top and the 3rd Aniv Snowglobe just appear for a couple of days.

[quote name='hellmutt']I know I said I was going to quit Aurora when I got to Level 50, but the 10,000 point bump convinced me to play on. I am now closing in on Level 65, and I am really vowing to quit once I hit that. I'm intrigued by the L95 and L100 prizes, but I did the rough math and don't like what I find.

From Level 65 to Level 100, if my calculations are correct, I need to earn 224,000 points. I am only doing the free stuff, silver goggles, so my max is about 150 points per day. Include the attendance bonuses, it brings me to about an average of 237.5 points per day, assuming I never have a gap.

At that rate, it will be 2.58 years before I get to L100. Since I do a fair amount of business travel, I'm guessing it's closer to 3 years or more. Since Aurora almost certainly won't be around by then, I think it's time for me to cut my losses.[/QUOTE]

I read yesterday on Alph4, that at level 100 you can now get a free Aurora Space, known as “Aurora Champion Apartment”.

[quote name='Ir0n']Yes, it's very nice and has a huge circular floor area of the glowing type you see in the lunge area of the Aurora space.[/QUOTE]

Yes, right, but for those of us who are going the 'free' route, it's just not viable to shoot for the L100 item. 3 years from now, that reward is guaranteed to be gone.

[quote name='hellmutt']Yes, right, but for those of us who are going the 'free' route, it's just not viable to shoot for the L100 item. 3 years from now, that reward is guaranteed to be gone.[/QUOTE]

i wouldn't give up all together, never know if or when they'll give a big boost again. i know i'd be a higher level now if i had went to it more often in the beginning, but i didn't know much about it then.

I'm at level 63. All I wanted to shoot for when I first started Aurora was the animated dance floor, lol.

Hellmutt, if you have a friend who owns the Aurora Island apartment, it'll make leveling up a to 100 that much easier. Yeah, it'll still take awhile, but not as long as 3 years.

[quote name='DismalxHavoc']I'm at level 63. All I wanted to shoot for when I first started Aurora was the animated dance floor, lol.

Hellmutt, if you have a friend who owns the Aurora Island apartment, it'll make leveling up a to 100 that much easier. Yeah, it'll still take awhile, but not as long as 3 years.[/QUOTE]

I do have at least one friend who owns it, but I just feel weird imposing on them 'every single day' to try to get a free virtual item.

[quote name='SleepyPeepers']Free "New Year's Cake" and "Mince Pies" from the gift machine![/QUOTE]

Yes... noticed them. Thanks for the present, btw! Happy holidays!

new free items this week

Threads -> A-Z -> Male -> Twisted Metal -> Free

Diesel -> Furniture -> 2 Items: 'Flags fly forever for foreign frogs' and Quixotic statuesque status'

Veemee, Furniture, Ornaments - 1 freebie, male foam hands, disruptor
LOOT, furniture - 1 freebie, red stapler

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys they r giving rewards when u first come in on ur hk (home square)accounts even things u might have missed so check it out! hope it helps happy holidays!!!

[quote name='BeerBro']new free items this week

Threads -> A-Z -> Male -> Twisted Metal -> Free

Diesel -> Furniture -> 2 Items: 'Flags fly forever for foreign frogs' and Quixotic statuesque status'

Veemee, Furniture, Ornaments - 1 freebie, male foam hands, disruptor
LOOT, furniture - 1 freebie, red stapler[/QUOTE]

Also this:

Lockwood Store - Clothes, Female, Jewlery - Redpaint mask - 1 free item
Loot>Clothing>Female>Torso>Loot Mountain Bike- 1 freebie item

Please note: Loot's Red Stapler and Lockwood's Stitchkins Fruit Salad Bunny ornament do not count towards the quest! Mass Media's Blue Sofa marks as 99 cents under the wall hangings tab, but I think it's free. -From ypsh

Edit: Ok the mountain bike is free, the blue couch is not. I could not find a red mask, anyone know where this might be?

Lockwood-female-double time- jewelry- the red paint splatter mask(female only)

Konami > Female > Konami Retro Pack > Torso > Bushido Armor : Helmet - $0.00.

Ndreams- nparty- npartyhorror it's at the bottom the party sword head item(female only)

Heavy water -male - value pack bundles - last one down has a shirt for free

[quote name='we3jesters']

Heavy water -male - value pack bundles - last one down has a shirt for free[/QUOTE]

its actually in
Heavy water -furniture - value pack bundles - last one down has a shirt for free

[quote name='we3jesters'] I could not find a red mask, anyone know where this might be?[/QUOTE]

This is under Lockwood / Double Time Sports / Female / Jewellery

Are all these free items part of the Activity Board stuff? I went and got them all then went to look at the activites and see they were probably part of Bargain Hunter Quest I would assume. Do these quests say completed when done or did I just screw this one up?

[quote name='Owen']Are all these free items part of the Activity Board stuff? I went and got them all then went to look at the activites and see they were probably part of Bargain Hunter Quest I would assume. Do these quests say completed when done or did I just screw this one up?[/QUOTE]

no idea yet, I gotta get back on my file and get the sofa, But i got them all before i started the quest..

I got the 10 free items from Twisted Metal before starting this quest. Once I checked the "My Quest" screen (after starting the quest) it said I had 13/17 items (?). I finished gathering the free items (including the sofa) and went back to check my item count and it still said 13/17. I cleared my cache, restarted Home, checked the activity board and it now says 3/17. lol, umm..

Hey sleepy I had to cancel the quest and the restart it. It then told me I had 0/17 I then went to the mall first floor via the hub portal and after about a minute a message popped up that congradulated me for completing the quest. Hope this helps.:D

[quote name='SleepyPeepers']I got the 10 free items from Twisted Metal before starting this quest. Once I checked the "My Quest" screen (after starting the quest) it said I had 13/17 items (?). I finished gathering the free items (including the sofa) and went back to check my item count and it still said 13/17. I cleared my cache, restarted Home, checked the activity board and it now says 3/17. lol, umm..[/QUOTE]

The posts above you indicated where the others can be found. Also mentioned is the chair that is the next step of the quest that "may" not be free until you have completed the previous step of the quest.

I suggest you pick up the quest before getting these. If you don't, you may need to restart home to get them to register.
Here is a summary: (Yes, it's 18 items - 19 including the blue chair)
- Threads/a-z/Male/Twisted Metal/Free (first 10 items)
- Lockwood/Double Time Sports/Female/Jewelry/Paintball Mask-Red
- Loot/Clothing/Female/Torso/Green Mntn Bike
- Konami/Female/Konami Retro/Torso/Boshido Helmet
- nDreams/nDreams/nParty/nParty Horror/Party Sword Head-Female
- Heavy Water/Furniture/Bundles/Martian Arm Tattoo-Male
- Veemee/Veemee/Furniture/Ornaments/Foam Hand Gun Discipliner-Male
- Diesel/Furniture/Flag & Quixotic Statue (two items)

Then go to Action Board and make sure it says "17/17... and see if you can find one more". Then get the blue chair in Mass Media/Mass Media/Pictures/
I didn't receive the Trophy and have it show complete until I returned to the Mall Lvl-1

RC Rally Car mod quest is not unlocking for me. I wonder if it's because I had already modified my cars and filled up all three spots in the garage...

OK, so after some digging, this is what I have discovered so far for this content update (which by the way, the devs have indicated that this was the largest content update ever for PSHome):

- Free Animated Firework Hat reward when you enter the HUB
- You can still get the free pet (Vincent rainbow horse) when you enter the nDreams Space
- nDreams Teller of Tales reward - Sea based Wall Art
- New Yacht Space Guest Rewards - The new Yacht Personal space has gold globes around the space that can grant rewards to owner as well as some to the guests.
- They have tweaked the Community Theater and it is giving rewards that wouldn't work when they were supposed to (I got that picture frame for 6 weeks or so ago)
- Word is the Lockwood space will have a new special gift sometime this weekend (my money is on Sunday?)

Winter Holiday Hullabaloo Quest series Part (2 of 3)
Rewards - Nice knit Ski Hat, Mistletoe Hat, Wall art, white-n-blue Present Shoes, Baby Blue Whole Body PJs, and a little floating Bear Pet.
Tips:
- If you quest will not turn in, try looking at the board to see if you may be stuck on the previous step still.
- When you are in Mistletoe Hat and present shoes, sit in the hot tub on the left side in building behind activity board.
- When you are trying to get your PJ's be sure to talk to the Bear also BEFORE you run off to the sports park
- If your HDD is indicated, do not try to advance your quest steps or objectives. Doing so "may" bug the quest for you.

New Spaces (some have public preview available for a limited time):
- Diesel Beach Resort (been in EU for a while now)
- Lockwood Luxury Yacht (its huge and comes with 20 owner rewards)
- New Loot "Space" personal space (another crackle screen, plus media feeds etc...)
- New Desert Haven Club House - (as it's a club, it is semi public) reminiscent of the Hollywood hills space with pool - I like it ; )

[quote name='hellmutt']RC Rally Car mod quest is not unlocking for me. I wonder if it's because I had already modified my cars and filled up all three spots in the garage...[/QUOTE]

The problem for me was the pool, not the RC Ralley Car part (see my tip in post a little bit ago). And no, having already saved cars is a non-issue. In fact, all I did was opened it change one setting, saved, switched back and re-saved.

[quote name='hellmutt']RC Rally Car mod quest is not unlocking for me. I wonder if it's because I had already modified my cars and filled up all three spots in the garage...[/QUOTE]

Double check everything else, I didn't even have to go to the RC Car space since i had already completed everything there. I just walked up to the bear, walked a few steps away then turned around and walked back up to him and I was triggered.

I didn't get an animated fireworks hat from the Hub.

There are M/F animated festive party hats which have sparklers tops available from the winter holiday hullabaloo.

They don't always appear immediately and may require a relog or core space visit.

The Blue Striped Sofa in Mass Media IS now free. Here is it's location:

Mass Media Store - Mass Media - Wall Hangings - At the bottom of the list.

The only problem with part 2 of the Winter 2011 quests is...
I was just checking the Activity Board which told me to go to the Sportswalk with the jersey equipped. I must have pressed a wrong button, because I went there, took the trivia and nothing happened when I returned. Checked the Activity Board again and the My Quests page was empty. So, I had to start from the beginning. Now that I'm pretty much caught up, the Activity Board isn't even updating after I do the quest that requires wearing the Mistletoe Hat while taking a dip in both hot tubs. Therefore, I cannot resume to the Sportswalk quest.

[quote name='DismalxHavoc']The only problem with part 2 of the Winter 2011 quests is...
I was just checking the Activity Board which told me to go to the Sportswalk with the jersey equipped. I must have pressed a wrong button, because I went there, took the trivia and nothing happened when I returned. Checked the Activity Board again and the My Quests page was empty. So, I had to start from the beginning. Now that I'm pretty much caught up, the Activity Board isn't even updating after I do the quest that requires wearing the Mistletoe Hat while taking a dip in both hot tubs. Therefore, I cannot resume to the Sportswalk quest.[/QUOTE]

Not sure about the rest of the problems, but I do know you have to do trivia and also play the poker tables over next to the bar before returning. Not sure why the quest would clear on you unless you hit "x" while in the activity board menu.

Actually ther is a current problem with Winter Quest Part 2 - When you have to go to the snowman & he says,"I have this Home Football Jersey. I don't know who I was supposed to give it to, so I guess you can have it." Unfortunately you never get the item & the quest is still listed as incomplete. If you go back to him, he says the same thing with the same result. Collecting other rewards, Exiting Home & restarting does not fix the problem.

[quote name='tincann']Actually ther is a current problem with Winter Quest Part 2 - When you have to go to the snowman & he says,"I have this Home Football Jersey. I don't know who I was supposed to give it to, so I guess you can have it." Unfortunately you never get the item & the quest is still listed as incomplete. If you go back to him, he says the same thing with the same result. Collecting other rewards, Exiting Home & restarting does not fix the problem.[/QUOTE]

Yes, this is what is happening to me. Except, I did recieve the jersey. The quest just isn't updating to the next part, and the snowman keeps saying he has a jersey for me (which I already have, therefore cannot receive again).

Thanks for letting us know there is some sort of problem with the quests, Tincann.

[quote name='tincann']Actually ther is a current problem with Winter Quest Part 2 - When you have to go to the snowman & he says,"I have this Home Football Jersey. I don't know who I was supposed to give it to, so I guess you can have it." Unfortunately you never get the item & the quest is still listed as incomplete. If you go back to him, he says the same thing with the same result. Collecting other rewards, Exiting Home & restarting does not fix the problem.[/QUOTE]

Yea view Iron's post above he wrote in it "When you are trying to get your PJ's be sure to talk to the Bear also BEFORE you run off to the sports park" I followed that direction and I completed the entire thing. Not sure why you have to speak to both the snowman and the bear, but you do.

Facebook says Twitter has codes for Novus Prime gear.
Twitter says US codes aren't working.
HomeStationMag gave us Nebulon Booster codes that were dead immediately.

Lockwood is back. It looks like it's the fireworks display that gives the North Pole again.

[quote name='SoylentBob']Facebook says Twitter has codes for Novus Prime gear.
Twitter says US codes aren't working.
HomeStationMag gave us Nebulon Booster codes that were dead immediately.[/QUOTE]

Fail. :wall:

well, that blows about those codes, but maybe this will cheer someone up... i am going to be giving away one mechjet costume from the gift machine. if you are interested, you will have to find my alt somewhere within playstation home. first person to find me and say, in text chat, *cheese bounces and i love cag* wins. i will post the name of my alt and clues here soon, so be looking. also, if you dont want the costume you can pick an equal value prize. see you soon!

bread's done
Back