PS HOME Free Items / Clothes / Freebies Wiki

[quote name='Owen']If there are two people that need to do all the memories stuff, let me know as I still need all those quests.[/QUOTE]

I need that. might not be on for a while though.

I am still trying to get the Ferris Wheel Snow Hair quest to complete for the second time since my list got reset but since I have the items already it is not working.

[quote name='Owen']I cannot get it to unlock either and I have wasted many hours dancing, inviting friends, etc. They should just give it to everyone that has that quest on their list as being active since there is no other reason for it to not be completed.

Edit:
Looks like they fixed the quest now as I just gave it another try and it popped up instantly after adding two randoms in the dance hubs.[/QUOTE]

They didn't fix it... as has been said many times, it is random... obviously, as people are getting it doing none of those things, and people are getting it doing those things... its all just random.

[quote name='hellmutt']Too late for me, I tried cancelling it to restart the quest at about 12:03 AM last night to figure out that 00:00 on 1/23 meant basically 00:01 and not 23:59. Great, now I can't complete it no matter what.[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry about that, but I tried to tell everyone, there is NO NEED to restart the quest - its random. Random means it can pop up right away after your first trip to the Hub, or it could take many trips. After personally testing out multiple accounts - the average number of trips to the Hub before it gave each account the dragon was over a dozen - but as few as one.

[quote name='Owen']I am still trying to get the Ferris Wheel Snow Hair quest to complete for the second time since my list got reset but since I have the items already it is not working.[/QUOTE]

Having already received an item or completed a task even months before (like getting the barrel chair in Bootleggers [capture 10 barrels] several weeks before there ever was a quest), has no impact on completing a Quest. The item rewards are a result of completing an objective - not the other way around. Just do each objective as instructed, regardless of whether or not you already have that reward, and you'll be able to complete the quest.

If you are stuck, it has nothing to do with the reward and likely has to do with either not doing the specific objective as necessary, or you had a data error. If it is just a data error, simply go back to the last spot where you did get a successful Quest Info alert.

Did that other Ratchet & Clank code ever drop? There was supposedly going to be three, but only two were available the last time I checked here.

[quote name='Digital-Nitrate']Having already received an item or completed a task even months before (like getting the barrel chair in Bootleggers [capture 10 barrels] several weeks before there ever was a quest), has no impact on completing a Quest. The item rewards are a result of completing an objective - not the other way around.[/QUOTE]

That part of your statement is incorrect. When the qeusts first started and they sent you around to play all the random games (bootleggers, fishing, rc cars, etc.) I had already done all of the above and completed all of their specific rewards prior to the quests opening. Once I started to do the quests I never stepped foot back into those games I simply walked a few steps away from the bear or snowman (after being told to get 10 barrels and I had already done so weeks before) then walked back up and that part of the quest was complete. That was consistent with every quest that involved games I already completed the task for, you do not have to go back and do them again for the quest.

[quote name='BirdmanHB']That part of your statement is incorrect. When the qeusts first started and they sent you around to play all the random games (bootleggers, fishing, rc cars, etc.) I had already done all of the above and completed all of their specific rewards prior to the quests opening. Once I started to do the quests I never stepped foot back into those games I simply walked a few steps away from the bear or snowman (after being told to get 10 barrels and I had already done so weeks before) then walked back up and that part of the quest was complete. That was consistent with every quest that involved games I already completed the task for, you do not have to go back and do them again for the quest.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, but you misread/misunderstood my statement. My comment was regarding the claim that because they had already earned a reward normally received during the quest it would prevent them from completeing the quest - and this is not the case... as you even appear to agree.. so its not an incorrect statement.

... and to be clear, as was the case with the Take It All in quest, even if you did the bootlegger game before the quest, you still had to go to the space, wait for it to register it (HDD symbol) and only then would you get the quest info update that allowed you to continue the quest... but you do not need to actually play the game again to complete the objective.

[quote name='Digital-Nitrate']Sorry, but you misread/misunderstood my statement. My comment was regarding the claim that because they had already earned a reward normally received during the quest it would prevent them from completeing the quest - and this is not the case... as you even appear to agree.. so its not an incorrect statement.

... and to be clear, as was the case with the Take It All in quest, even if you did the bootlegger game before the quest, you still had to go to the space, wait for it to register it (HDD symbol) and only then would you get the quest info update that allowed you to continue the quest... but you do not need to actually play the game again to complete the objective.[/QUOTE]

Oh ok ,my fault I guess i did read it wrong it wasn't really clear. Made it sound more like if you did the reward you still have to go back and do it again. And I never had to go back into the other game areas, as I said I literally walked up to them walked away and walked right back up to them and I got quest complete.

[quote name='diarmadii']a free "replay with Doc uniform shirt" (m/f) in theater one[/QUOTE]

Thanks!

BTW: The new quest "A Rodent's Prediction" that rewards you the Groundhog companion does not expire until Feb 8, but to get it you need to be in the Hub with 45 people. So now is a good time to get it as everyone starts automatically in the Hub instead of the Mall, and after an update there are lots of people entering Home, so you should get it right away (make sure you activate the quest though).

Also, the new Yeti Vs Hunters space is now available. I have not played the game yet, so I cant comment on how to get any rewards.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='diarmadii']a free "replay with Doc uniform shirt" (m/f) in theater one[/QUOTE]

Did you actually get the shirt, or just heard about it? I'm there now and so far no shirt was rewarded, and they are playing last week's video... so maybe it has not been updated yet with the new video and thus new reward, or was it a different theater?

EDIT: NM, it just took a couple minutes for the reward to pop up - ty

BTW: For anyone that didn't get the RC Controller hand item before, you'll get it as well at the same time you get the "Doc" t-shirt.

BTW (pt2): You can get all of these theater 1 rewards in theater 6 as well.... which will be useful for anyone with a PSN account that is under age (18 in USA), as you are not allowed in theater 1 unless you are 18 or older, but you can enter theater 6.

[quote name='Digital-Nitrate']Did you actually get the shirt, or just heard about it? I'm there now and so far no shirt was rewarded, and they are playing last week's video... so maybe it has not been updated yet with the new video and thus new reward, or was it a different theater?

EDIT: NM, it just took a couple minutes for the reward to pop up - ty

BTW: For anyone that didn't get the RC Controller hand item before, you'll get it as well at the same time you get the "Doc" t-shirt.[/QUOTE]

yes i did actually receive the shirt, got it about the time rewind stopped playing

Multiple parts to an explorer outfit in the yeti vs hunters game. Earning legendary status (500 kills in both hunter and yeti factions) will net you the whole oufit.

[quote name='Digital-Nitrate']BTW: The new quest "A Rodent's Prediction" that rewards you the Groundhog companion does not expire until Feb 8, but to get it you need to be in the Hub with 45 people. So now is a good time to get it as everyone starts automatically in the Hub instead of the Mall, and after an update there are lots of people entering Home, so you should get it right away (make sure you activate the quest though).[/QUOTE]

Description says 50 people FYI. I'm in there now and there are like 15 people haha not sure if any of us will get it.

[quote name='megatrondelux1']Novus prime is giving away codes for a free Pirate Chain Sword on face book. You just have to sign up for their e-mailing list[/QUOTE]

Hmmm...not sure why their fb has it posted as though it is new. I got it months ago, but it says on their fb says "It's finally here...now available to our US and EU region fans."

Just found out that they added the gold cars to the Mansion Garage, even if you don't have the keys, so those of you that may have gotten it as part of the welcome back may need to go visit your garage and do some redecorating!

[quote name='we3jesters']Just found out that they added the gold cars to the Mansion Garage, even if you don't have the keys, so those of you that may have gotten it as part of the welcome back may need to go visit your garage and do some redecorating![/QUOTE] I wonder if that means we can now receive all the keys from any of the "Mansion Estates." Has anyone tried yet?

For you EU players, the Quest Activity Board for Winter 2011 Holidays parts 2 is now working.

I caught the 16 of 18 fish it would NOT give me credit for the piranah now upon signing back in all my rods and bait unlocked are gone leaving me with just the starter rod and NO way of unlocking the previous unlocked rods THE GO FISH Personal Space is BROKEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have played the game early this morning and have gotten all but the 3 hard to get fish. I went to go play the yeti versus hunters game then came back to see if I could get the remaining fish but the other rods were not available anymore. It does show all the fish I have gotten so far but the game is broken at the moment. I even tried clearing my cashe and getting rid of all the objects I placed at the Go Fish Tropical Island. That didn't work so I guess it must be a server error.:wall:

[quote name='Smokingpistol']Free urgent fury tshirt in the community theatre[/QUOTE]

Thanks.

I went to both theater 1 and 6 and neither gave out a reward upon entering. I then went back to theater 1 and after a few minutes it popped up. YMMV.

[quote name='Smokingpistol']And a blowtorch and bag of fireworks from the new axe hunt game in the hub[/QUOTE]

Nice rewards... but unfortunately the fireworks are only for female avatars; and for the ladies, the blow torch is only for male avatars.

[quote name='Digital-Nitrate']Thanks.

I went to both theater 1 and 6 and neither gave out a reward upon entering. I then went back to theater 1 and after a few minutes it popped up. YMMV.[/QUOTE]

You don't need to leave the theater you just have to be in the theater for about 5 minutes. It is one of those that do not immediately pop up, but makes you sit in the theater for a bit.

Not sure if it was mentioned previously, but in the PSHome store in Novus Prime from NAV bar "New & Featured Items" is a free wall painting.

[quote name='dufftech']There are 3 new companion rewards to be won at the RC Rally space.[/QUOTE]

I got the companions by beating the speed challenges. I am now working on the course challenge (don't hit cups) and am completely stuck on Track 3. It's the last one I need to complete everything -- anyone know if you get anything for beating all of them? If not, I'm gonna quit now.

[quote name='hellmutt']I got the companions by beating the speed challenges. I am now working on the course challenge (don't hit cups) and am completely stuck on Track 3. It's the last one I need to complete everything -- anyone know if you get anything for beating all of them? If not, I'm gonna quit now.[/QUOTE]

I did the RC stuff so long ago, but I think you have to do them in order to get the first 2 companions. Bc you have to "beat all track 1/2 objectives" so I think the cup ones fall under those challenges. There are 10 rewards (5 companions) in RC Rally, so you might want to check and see if you have all 10.

[quote name='hellmutt']I got the companions by beating the speed challenges. I am now working on the course challenge (don't hit cups) and am completely stuck on Track 3. It's the last one I need to complete everything -- anyone know if you get anything for beating all of them? If not, I'm gonna quit now.[/QUOTE]

Don't think you get a Home reward, but you likely get new parts for the cars as you tend to do for each goal you complete. May be useful later if they add more rewards. But it seems pretty hard to beat so far.

[quote name='BirdmanHB']Don't think you get a Home reward, but you likely get new parts for the cars as you tend to do for each goal you complete. May be useful later if they add more rewards. But it seems pretty hard to beat so far.[/QUOTE]

Each of the timed challenges (track 1 in 35s, track 2 in 40s, and track 3 in 50s) gives you a new home companion and an improved car part. I got all of these.

Each advanced challenge so far (track 1 in 1:10 with no cups, track 2 in 1:30 with no cups) gives you a lame RC decal - no RC car improvements and no freebies. So far I haven't beat track 3 with no cups in 1:45.

There is a final challenge which consists of getting each of the other 6 items. I sure would like to know what that challenge awards.

[quote name='hellmutt']Each of the timed challenges (track 1 in 35s, track 2 in 40s, and track 3 in 50s) gives you a new home companion and an improved car part. I got all of these.

Each advanced challenge so far (track 1 in 1:10 with no cups, track 2 in 1:30 with no cups) gives you a lame RC decal - no RC car improvements and no freebies. So far I haven't beat track 3 with no cups in 1:45.

There is a final challenge which consists of getting each of the other 6 items. I sure would like to know what that challenge awards.[/QUOTE]

I completed the Advanced Challenge for Track 3 last night and received a new body type plus two new decals. I didn't get anything additional for completing all the Advanced Challenges as far as I can tell.

[quote name='Ren_Echo']I completed the Advanced Challenge for Track 3 last night and received a new body type plus two new decals. I didn't get anything additional for completing all the Advanced Challenges as far as I can tell.[/QUOTE]

Congrats! I don't suppose you could post what your car configuration was that you used to accomplish this?

[quote name='hellmutt']Congrats! I don't suppose you could post what your car configuration was that you used to accomplish this?[/QUOTE]

Just got it with 1:44. I used the Hummer with everything max (assuming you have completed every other challenge and got all other unlocks).

[quote name='hellmutt']Congrats! I don't suppose you could post what your car configuration was that you used to accomplish this?[/QUOTE]

Thanks! I used the Truck Model-A (the RC you start off with) since its good for off-road tracks and maxed out all the other options. I practiced a lot to learn when to hit the Power Slide button and back off my acceleration when going into a curve. I also picked up both Power Boosts which helped a lot.

I haven't seen this posted here yet but there is a forum post (at the official PS Home forum) indicating that Loot has added more movie poster rewards to the Loot Theater, a list of which was posted at pshomegazette.com. I went to the theater and can confirm the following new posters:

The 6th Day, 21, Deuce Bigalow:European Gigolo, Flatliners, Fright Night, Groundhog Day, Hollow Man, The International, Joe Dirt, Legends of the Fall, Midnight Express, A River Runs Through It, Talladega Nights and Year One.

Quarantine was also mentioned but I couldn't find it in the EOD. However, as indicated in the PS Home thread Bram Stoker’s Dracula and The Professional also gave rewards.

I heard a rumor, don't know how legit it is, that the Conspiracy, inFamous and SOCOM spaces are getting removed this coming Wednesday.

You might be shit out of luck trying to get any rewards though before they get removed , I couldn't get anything to load in Conspiracy and the leaderboards were broken for me in inFamous (not that I would have a chance to get the scores needed to get into the leaderboards). The only thing I checked out in the SOCOM space was Five finger fillet and that seemed to work just fine.

[quote name='brewer']I heard a rumor, don't know how legit it is, that the Conspiracy, inFamous and SOCOM spaces are getting removed this coming Wednesday.

You might be shit out of luck trying to get any rewards though before they get removed , I couldn't get anything to load in Conspiracy and the leaderboards were broken for me in inFamous (not that I would have a chance to get the scores needed to get into the leaderboards). The only thing I checked out in the SOCOM space was Five finger fillet and that seemed to work just fine.[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately this is legit. Its been confirmed on the official Home forum that these spaces will be removed on 02/08/12. All three spaces have had issues of late. You can get a refund if you bought the Conspiracy All Access Pass by contacting SCEA Consumer Services (http://us.playstation.com/support/ask/ or 1-800-345-SONY).

[quote name='Ren_Echo']Unfortunately this is legit. Its been confirmed on the official Home forum that these spaces will be removed on 02/08/12. All three spaces have had issues of late. You can get a refund if you bought the Conspiracy All Access Pass by contacting SCEA Consumer Services (http://us.playstation.com/support/ask/ or 1-800-345-SONY).[/QUOTE]

It's too bad, as the Conspiracy game was actually quite fun and had some nice rewards as well.

BTW: Just in case they only remove those spaces from the nav menu and not the actual servers you might want to add them to your favorites so you can still visit them (like Presentation Podium, Minis Space, Toyota Prius Solar Scramble, Guitar Hero VIP Lounge)

Re: Next Home Update

The Winter Event quests are ending on the 8th, so don't be shocked if they remove the Winter Hulabaloo space as well. So if you have not finished all three parts of the quest and still wish to, time is running out. Also, you may want to save the space to your favorites in case it does get removed, but not from the actual servers.

Also, the Lockwood Showcase will be starting a new theme (Valentines Day) with a new set of daily rewards hidden around the space.

ValentinesUpdate.jpg

ValentinesUpdate2.jpg

[quote name='Ren_Echo']I haven't seen this posted here yet but there is a forum post (at the official PS Home forum) indicating that Loot has added more movie poster rewards to the Loot Theater, a list of which was posted at pshomegazette.com. I went to the theater and can confirm the following new posters:

The 6th Day, 21, Deuce Bigalow:European Gigolo, Flatliners, Fright Night, Groundhog Day, Hollow Man, The International, Joe Dirt, Legends of the Fall, Midnight Express, A River Runs Through It, Talladega Nights and Year One.

Quarantine was also mentioned but I couldn't find it in the EOD. However, as indicated in the PS Home thread Bram Stoker’s Dracula and The Professional also gave rewards.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up. I also could not find Quarantine in any of the menus.

I found the fastest way to get all the new posters is through the following menus (listed in the order they will appear):

FEATURED MOVIES
The 6th Day
Bram Stoker’s Dracula
The International
Hollow Man
Legends of the Fall
Talladega Nights
Groundhog Day
A River Runs Through It
The Professional
Deuce Bigalow European Gigolo
Year One
Midnight Express

COMEDY MOVIES
Joe Dirt

THRILLER MOVIES
Flatliners
Fright Night

The new Tester 3 Superfan quest is available. I did not have to watch the entire 1st episode to get the Quest Info alert and the Tester Cast shirt. They both came up after about 20 minutes, just after they got to the point where the winner for the first challenge was announced.

So if you aren't interested in watching the show, set a timer for 20min and check your chat log and reward list.

YMMV

first lockwood item (romantic chair) in the runway room by the balloons

ghost rider head in ghost rider theater

and heart slippers from activity board quest at pier park

There is also a free couch or chair in the gift machine, I forget which. Anyone know how often new episodes of the tester will be put up?

bread's done
Back