PS One LCDs $13 @ K-Mart

L

larrytrain

K-Mart is clearing them out...$13 gets you a PSone LCD. I have no idea what other stuff is on clearance there, but I just picked up a couple to trade - if anyone is interested shoot me a PM.

[quote name='Pookymeister1234']Both K-marts i went to had them at $13. One was marked at $104, and the other was at $91. So don't go by what you see. While both store employees were shocked, the second store said that they'd never keep items that discounted down, but voila!
He tried to sell me replacement plans for my lcd and psOne too - and acted all crazy like i was missing out on a great deal when i told him No 5 times.[/QUOTE]

was the psone still selling for $50?

heh, just got in my car and drove to the two nearest k-marts.

First one had like 5 about a month ago and none left. I ended up picking up one of the metal slug's for GBA for $10.

Second K-mart didn't have any out so i asked about them and the guy said he may have some in the back and came back with nothing.

[quote name='SpottedNigel']Actually, if you've got a little bit of time...try turning it on and off a few times (plug as well) a few hours apart. Some of both Toys R us and Kmart's stock had just been there so long the screen hibernated...but most woke up after a while.

Also, for those just now picking up screens, this was a thread i made under my old screen name about how to hook up any a/v device to the screen. 56K WARNING ..no, really, the pics are huge...and i have plans of someday straightening that page out and making them a bit smaller...

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34554&highlight=screen[/QUOTE]

Thanks for this link. I was considering picking a screen up, but now I'm failing to see the uses for it. I mean its nice that you can hook it up to any system, but it has to be hung by a frame holder or such, basically making it very inconvenient and messy looking. Also, it would be near useless in the car unless it was permanently mounted somewhere. Are there any photos of car mods with this?

If I can find a PSone for $30 AND the screen for $13, I will be a happy camper. I have two Kmart's in the area. One close, and one not. We'll see how this goes.

ok, went out expecting nothing and here is what i came back with:

first kmart (south miami, u.s. 1): took me forever to get to the electronics section... haven't been here since they've turned it into a FIGGIN' CLONE OF WAL-MART, but whatever. saw that they had three PSone LCDs as well as a PSone system/LCD combo. picked them all up. the combo came to $80, sop i was like, "no thanks." ended up getting two of the LCDs and left one for another CAG to find.

second kmart (kendall, 88th): found one more LCD, and decided, "what the hell, might as well have this one, too." took me forever to find a sales person to unlock it for me, and when i did she was like, "you know this is for PSone, right? i'm just saying because that's mighty old."

so my score was 3 LCDs in total. interestingly enough when i got home i discovered that i also have 3 brand new (in box, never opened, etc, etc.) HipGear PSone battery packs (4.5 hours of play time) as well. so if anyone wants to buy an LCD + 4.5 hour battery pack combo from me, we can probably work something out... PM me with offers and/or trade lists. please note that the battery pack is pretty heavy and could cost more than you might be expecting to ship, but i'll probably be including them in the combo for not much more than the cost of shipping anyways (i think i bought them two years ago for like $3 each anyways).

Poo. Went to both Kmarts. The close one didn't have any, but the girl didn't even check. She was shelving and said they only had the combos. I will probably check back during a different shift and see what happens.

The second one had a clearance tag on the display case saying they were $26. I had the lady check. First, the didn't have any. Then she went to the back and returned with a PSone. No screen.

They both had $80 combos, and the second store's PSone was $30. I'm mostly interested in the LCD screen, so I wasn't about to buy either of those.

I'm 90% sure any other Kmarts are very far away. I'll check though.

here are the items i mentioned:

attachment.php

also in the pic is an item that i bought a LOOONG time ago and just now realized it's use. it allows you to hook up things that are not the psOne to your psOne LCD with the use of a mini AV jack. this is a very useful item, and opens up the amount of things that can be displayed on the LCD.

here are the items i mentioned:

P1010088.jpg

also in the pic is an item that i bought a LOOONG time ago and just now realized its use. it allows you to hook up things that are not the PSone to your PSone LCD with the use of a mini AV jack. this is a very useful item, and opens up the amount of things that can be displayed on the LCD.

i've just learned something about these screens that will make people who have them (or are planning on buying them) very happy:

if you buy one of these:

1076128-l.jpg

and three of these:

http://www.autotoys.com/pics/rcabulletfemale.jpg[img]

you can connect any A/V source to them... so you can have several at your computer desk, alowing you to watch TV from your satalite dish on one of them and play an Xbox (or any console) game on another while chatting on your computer. very interesting.

and also very nerdy, but whatever.

[quote name='maxg']I can confirm the 13 dollar LCD screen. Bought mine today. Plugged it in, turned the power on, hear music but the back light wasn't working. I think the back light went bad. Hitting the brightness buttons didn't do anything.

So back to Kmart Tuesday to do an exchange. Yay! :p[/QUOTE]

Mine did the same thing, sound but just a black picture. Sucks don't want to take the little fucker back and have to go to Kmart. Oh well. Was just hoping was a bad connection or something like that.

hmm, guess i'll have to test these bad boys out before selling/trading them... hope no one minds broken seals.

[edit] just checked all three of mine... all work, and are absolutely beautiful. NO DEAD OR STUCK PIXELS. and i must say, these are very sharp displays. previously, i'd used the interact PSone display, and it it totally crap compaired to these.

If you just hook the ps rca's to the av multi out you will just get audio no sound. To get a picture you will have to go through the av in. Hope this helps

Some of you might find this farfetched and insane...but here's what I am doing broken down :

* Having a vga cable on the LCD so I can plug it into a regular PC

Howto here : http://tidder.rudyatek.com/lcd/

*Putting an inverter in the car

*putting a booksize dell pc in the car

* hooking up a GPS receiver

http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?invtid=USB-UG-200&cpc=SCH&srm=0

* Installing mapmonkey

http://www.mapmonkey.net/

* Installing winamp, directx, etc.

* Installing some games for good measure..maybe a nes or snes emu too.

* putting the LCD in the sunvizor in my car.

* Maybe putting my slimps2 somewhere too ;)

End result = CARPUTER!

Full pc with gps navigation, voice prompts, mp3s, visualizations, dvds, games, etc!

Total cost :

$14 (lcd) + $17 (inverter off ebay) + $50 (gps receiver) + $15 for either fm modulator if I can't directly hook the audio out from the PC to my car stereo.

I have the rest laying around ;)

The VGA picture on the sony is pretty good actually @ 640x480.

And yes, I will post pictures of this work in progress once I get more time.

Im thinking about pimping my ride too.

[quote name='darkje']Some of you might find this farfetched and insane...but here's what I am doing broken down :

* Having a vga cable on the LCD so I can plug it into a regular PC

Howto here : http://tidder.rudyatek.com/lcd/

*Putting an inverter in the car

*putting a booksize dell pc in the car

* hooking up a GPS receiver

http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?invtid=USB-UG-200&cpc=SCH&srm=0

* Installing mapmonkey

http://www.mapmonkey.net/

* Installing winamp, directx, etc.

* Installing some games for good measure..maybe a nes or snes emu too.

* putting the LCD in the sunvizor in my car.

* Maybe putting my slimps2 somewhere too ;)

End result = CARPUTER!

Full pc with gps navigation, voice prompts, mp3s, visualizations, dvds, games, etc!

Total cost :

$14 (lcd) + $17 (inverter off ebay) + $50 (gps receiver) + $15 for either fm modulator if I can't directly hook the audio out from the PC to my car stereo.

I have the rest laying around ;)

The VGA picture on the sony is pretty good actually @ 640x480.

And yes, I will post pictures of this work in progress once I get more time.[/QUOTE]

My local Kmart has about 10-15 for $13 that I saw behind the counter (mabie they have more in stock somewere) I bought myself one to keep. Just wanted to know if these are worth stocking up on.

[quote name='maxg']I can confirm the 13 dollar LCD screen. Bought mine today. Plugged it in, turned the power on, hear music but the back light wasn't working. I think the back light went bad. Hitting the brightness buttons didn't do anything.

So back to Kmart Tuesday to do an exchange. Yay! :p[/QUOTE]

Made the exchange today. They had one left. Tested it out and it works great. Yahoooooo!! These things are pretty slick.

[quote name='venom275']If you just hook the ps rca's to the av multi out you will just get audio no sound. To get a picture you will have to go through the av in. Hope this helps[/QUOTE]

Thanks a lot. Tried that last night and wondered. I'll be going to Radio Shack today for the proper accessories.

Does anyone have a UPC or something that I can ask them to check inventory on?

Two local Kmart didn't have them. 1st had nothing, 2nd had two psone combos for $79.99

Make that K-mart LCDs at $9.75 YMMV...

Went to my local Kmart to return/rebuy ones I bought at $26 last nite....since i bought one at $13 at this particular store. But when i was rebuying them they rang up at $9.75.
No complaints here! Now im wondering if i should go return the ones i paid $13 for the $3.25 refund =]

Bought one and it worked right out of the package. I think I should get another one. I already own two PSones and I didn't pay more than $10 for either of them.

Bought one and it worked right out of the package. I think I should get another one. I already own two PSones and I didn't pay more than $10 for either of them.

I just realized that these are for PSone, not just any PSX. I have to find my playstation, but will these work with regular Playstations?

[quote name='PapiChullo']I just realized that these are for PSone, not just any PSX. I have to find my playstation, but will these work with regular Playstations?[/QUOTE]

Read the rest of the thread and there is a link to instructions on how to use the screen for any A/V input

Decided to check one last K-Mart on my way home from class tonight and picked up two screens. Now all i need is one of those battery packs.

I ventured out the other way today an hour or so to another kmart and once again came up empty handed. SW PA = teh suck when it comes to finding good deals.

I have one more Kmart left within a distance i'm willing to travel.... maybe next weekend. :(

[quote name='Pookymeister1234']gonna return/rebuy 5 screens tomorrow - bought at $13 , rebought at $9.75....not a bad deal at all =][/QUOTE]

dang.. there is none in So cal.. i tried to find them at 3 Kmarts.. but none... you guys are so lucky :)

ive been using it when it was $27, and got $1~ couplers and $3~ rca av cable. looks pretty good, but im wondering if it could look better with different rca cable. frys sell one for $35~ made by monsters, and radioshack sell $15~ ones. would these improve the picture quality for xbox/ps2/gc/etc?

[quote name='phantomer']ive been using it when it was $27, and got $1~ couplers and $3~ rca av cable. looks pretty good, but im wondering if it could look better with different rca cable. frys sell one for $35~ made by monsters, and radioshack sell $15~ ones. would these improve the picture quality for xbox/ps2/gc/etc?[/QUOTE]

Where did you get the coupler and cable so cheap? I paid 13 for the screen, then yesterday dropped like ~25 for the cable and coupler at Radio Shack. That kind of killed it.

yea where are some cheaper cables and coupler for these? walmart? radioshack? i was finally able to search one of these down at the crummiest, most run down walmart ever. they had one more which i'm thinking about getting. they are marked at 129.99 ringing of course at 13. the combos are still at $80

well I found a K-mart that's not too unreasonably far from me... however i called and they're all out of the screens... only have the combos left. he said they're stickered at $149, but those are actually cheaper when they ring through, right? I really wish i could just drop 14$ on the screen... people snagging three and four are incredibly lucky.

[quote name='varsitygamer']well I found a K-mart that's not too unreasonably far from me... however i called and they're all out of the screens... only have the combos left. he said they're stickered at $149, but those are actually cheaper when they ring through, right? I really wish i could just drop 14$ on the screen... people snagging three and four are incredibly lucky.[/QUOTE]

The combos are $79.99

Woohoo I bought one! Last one too. The guy who was ringing me up commented on how it was such an awesome deal and it killed me to tell him that it was the last one.

Also I took apart my PS2 and connected the screen to it! I had to since the screen doesnt fit on the PS2 very well. It works great BTW!

a buddy of mine is gonna trick his PSOne screen out to make it into an expanded monitor for his PC. I have very similiar intentions.

bread's done
Back