PS Play Days - Save up to 60% off PS accesories

PimpLimp

CAGiversary!
I thought this was thread worthy.

PlayStation Play Days

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V715H5b5nRc

The holidays are just around the corner, and as a thank you to PlayStation fans, we’re excited to bring back our special Play Days promotion we introduced last holiday. Starting December 16th through January 12th, you will be able to save up to 60% on select PlayStation 3 accessories. PS3 offers the best place to play and experience your favorite first and third party games and now is the perfect time to collect a few accessories to give you the best gaming experience possible.
Participating retailers

• Amazon
  • Best Buy
  • Fred Meyer
  • Fry’s
  • GameStop
  • Hastings Entertainment
  • Ingram Entertainment
  • Kmart
  • Mecca Electronics
  • Meijer Inc.
  • Nebraska Furniture Mart
  • Pioneer Distributors
  • Shopko Stores
  • Solutions 2 Go
  • Sony Retail Stores
  • Synnex Corp.
  • Target
  • Transworld Music Corp.
  • Walmart

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='wilflare']this is sweet. wonder if this stacks with the 50% trade-in for PULSE at Gamestop[/QUOTE]Don't know why it wouldn't. This is a manufacturer discount so it shouldn't conflict with any retail deals. My last headset is mangled so I was thinking of picking up one of those PULSE ones too.

I remember last year when GS had the PS3 Wireless Stereo Headest for 50% off because that's how they read the promo. as "50% off all accessories" instead of "up to 50% off". Other retailers had it for like 20% off

[quote name='Kotomine']Same here.[/QUOTE]

Someone messaged me about one in the warehouse. It was LN for $9.86. I'd keep my eye out for another it was a pretty good price.

Hmmm, the Shopkick app has a $10 off Black Dualshock 3 controllers coupon right now at Target stores, if they update their price to MSRP soon that makes it $30. Not sure when the coupon expires, but the last one for LBP karting was there for a bit before going away.

Still not better than the BB Killzone Trilogy and Gamestop trade in deal for a new controller but not bad at all.

Text in OP says starts today, but it starts Sunday. Blog post was updated.

I'm probably in for the DS3 charging station and the remote.

[quote name='camoor']To anyone who has move - how essential is that joystick controller piece to playing move games?[/QUOTE]

Not essential, you can use a regular controller instead even though it might feel weird to hold it in one hand like that.

I personally think it works best with the sharpshooter especially with the games made for it. A lot of move games are on rails and only require the move controller to point around.

[quote name='crunchewy']Text in OP says starts today, but it starts Sunday. Blog post was updated.

I'm probably in for the DS3 charging station and the remote.[/QUOTE]Thanks, I edited the OP.

Dang- not as good of prices on the bluetooth remote, DS3 charging station, and the Move charging station as I was hoping. Since Amazon has had them for $24ish for the past month, just taking $4 off for this sale is good, but not great.

Do these ever get discounted more than this? I'm new to being in the market for these items.

Thanks!

[quote name='brandtron8000']Hmmm, the Shopkick app has a $10 off Black Dualshock 3 controllers coupon right now at Target stores, if they update their price to MSRP soon that makes it $30. Not sure when the coupon expires, but the last one for LBP karting was there for a bit before going away.

Still not better than the BB Killzone Trilogy and Gamestop trade in deal for a new controller but not bad at all.[/QUOTE]

I'll redeem my coupon to find out the expiration date. I'm not gonna spend $30 on a black controller when, like others, picked up the camo fit $15

[quote name='brandtron8000']Hmmm, the Shopkick app has a $10 off Black Dualshock 3 controllers coupon right now at Target stores, if they update their price to MSRP soon that makes it $30. Not sure when the coupon expires, but the last one for LBP karting was there for a bit before going away.

Still not better than the BB Killzone Trilogy and Gamestop trade in deal for a new controller but not bad at all.[/QUOTE]

Is it specifically for the black one? I wouldn't mind that clear red controller they have.

[quote name='Gosha']Is it specifically for the black one? I wouldn't mind that clear red controller they have.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, just for the black dualshock. But the clear red is $45 on their site, so maybe the red card 5% could make that a slightly better deal.

[quote name='wilflare']this is sweet. wonder if this stacks with the 50% trade-in for PULSE at Gamestop[/QUOTE]

[quote name='PimpLimp']Don't know why it wouldn't. This is a manufacturer discount so it shouldn't conflict with any retail deals. My last headset is mangled so I was thinking of picking up one of those PULSE ones too.[/QUOTE]

Could someone explain what the deal is on the pulse headset? I rarely shop at gamestop but I have a few hundred dollars in credit to burn.

Also does the Pulse headset work via USB like the previous model? If so could you have both headsets hooked up via USB to a single PS3?

[quote name='GBAstar']Could someone explain what the deal is on the pulse headset? I rarely shop at gamestop but I have a few hundred dollars in credit to burn.

Also does the Pulse headset work via USB like the previous model? If so could you have both headsets hooked up via USB to a single PS3?[/QUOTE]

Trade in anything to the purchase of a PULSE Headset and get 50% more credit. (e.g. trade in a $99 Kindle Fire, get like 150 in credit, get PULSE Headset for free)
Offer ends on 15 Dec 2012.

Yes PULSE Headset works wirelessly with a USB Dongle, similar to the previous model. It also has the 3.5mm Audio Jack on both the dongle and the headset itself so you can use more types of devices with it (wired/wirelessly).

Whether you can have both headsets hooked up and working at the same time from the same PS3, the answer I've heard is no. But I do recall seeing how someone managed to do it (not sure)

[quote name='wilflare']Trade in anything to the purchase of a PULSE Headset and get 50% more credit. (e.g. trade in a $99 Kindle Fire, get like 150 in credit, get PULSE Headset for free)
Offer ends on 15 Dec 2012.

Yes PULSE Headset works wirelessly with a USB Dongle, similar to the previous model. It also has the 3.5mm Audio Jack on both the dongle and the headset itself so you can use more types of devices with it (wired/wirelessly).

Whether you can have both headsets hooked up and working at the same time from the same PS3, the answer I've heard is no. But I do recall seeing how someone managed to do it (not sure)[/QUOTE]

Okay well not being able to use both isn't a deal breaker I was just curious.

I'm going to assume that the 50% extra towards the Pulse headset will NOT stack with any of the games on the trade-in blowout list?

[quote name='GBAstar']Okay well not being able to use both isn't a deal breaker I was just curious.

I'm going to assume that the 50% extra towards the Pulse headset will NOT stack with any of the games on the trade-in blowout list?[/QUOTE]

based on what I've read, nope :/
someone got lucky (his friend was a staff or something) and managed to stack it.. but oh well you can still try YMMV

They should give that remote control for free to anybody that was sucker enough to buy the stupid PS3 3D Display (myself included). I would gladly trade the stupid Motorstorm game for a remote control. They could have at least programmed the TV to work with the PS3 controller. The remote should be rechargeable and plug into the same usb mini that the PS3 controller uses.

$20 is still too high for a remote control that I shouldn't have to buy. How very Microsoft of Sony.

[quote name='pwnthee']They should give that remote control for free to anybody that was sucker enough to buy the stupid PS3 3D Display (myself included). I would gladly trade the stupid Motorstorm game for a remote control. They could have at least programmed the TV to work with the PS3 controller. The remote should be rechargeable and plug into the same usb mini that the PS3 controller uses.

$20 is still too high for a remote control that I shouldn't have to buy. How very Microsoft of Sony.[/QUOTE]

I thought I head you can use a universal remote for the playstation TV. Or did I just make that up or something.

Does the official remote work with the TV or the PS3, I am a bit confused.

I have the TV, but want a remote is what I'm asking.

Edit: found a few mentions of using a universal remote

here's a thread http://community.us.playstation.com...tation-3D-display-after-10-days/td-p/36449083

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']I thought I head you can use a universal remote for the playstation TV. Or did I just make that up or something.

here's a thread http://community.us.playstation.com...tation-3D-display-after-10-days/td-p/36449083[/QUOTE]

Universal remote works

[quote name='Guillermo_IGN']which one is 60% off? all it looks like is 10 bucks off everything. lol[/QUOTE]

The Move Sharpshooter. Regular $39.99 (which is, of course, the price I paid for it upon release), now $14.99. Discount of 62.5%. Well worth it at that price if you have a Move, a Nav and like shooters. Even just occasionally using it in Killzone 3 or Resistance 3 makes it worthwhile at that price.

[quote name='gldoorii']As to be expected...no sales on Vita memory cards. Unbelievable.[/QUOTE]

:( sigh agreee 1+

Looks like I'll be getting a DS3 and some goodies. Wish this was a Vita sale too, even if it wasn't memory cards. Wanting a case!

I ordered the charging station from amazon. Pretty good deal. Passed on the remote. I'll wait for it to be less from Warehouse deals. Could change my mind, though.

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']I thought I head you can use a universal remote for the playstation TV. Or did I just make that up or something.

here's a thread http://community.us.playstation.com...tation-3D-display-after-10-days/td-p/36449083[/QUOTE]

The new remote in the blue packaging is a true universal remote and is awesome.

The updated dualshock 3 price is reflected on the best buy website, however it is not (yet) updated on the gamestop site, nor in store.

I traded in some games and was hoping to score a dualshock 3. Hopefully the price will be updated tomorrow.

Vita memory cards aren't incl. in this deal BUT Best Buy has them on sale this week that incl. the 20% off....ie. 32 gb is $79.99.

Targets around me already clearanced the Move charging stations for 8.98 weeks ago lol
Most of these sale prices are still higher than recent sales at individual participating stores anyway IE Gamestop with Move wand/nav at half off, Best Buy KZ3+DS3 combo

Are silver DualShock 3's still easy to find? My main controller is wearing out, and the new black one I have had lying around for a few years has a noisy rumble motor. I was thinking of trading one of them in at GameStop if the trade-in value was decent and upgrading to the glorious silver controller I've always wanted.

Anyone know if and where the PS3 camo blue tooth headset is on sale? I really want it for when I don't feel like wearing my stereo headset, to use with my phone, and to match my controller.

[quote name='Psychonik']Anyone know if and where the PS3 camo blue tooth headset is on sale? I really want it for when I don't feel like wearing my stereo headset, to use with my phone, and to match my controller.[/QUOTE]

I wanna say it was target i saw it recently

picked up the pulse 2 headset yesterday, gonna exchange it for the stereo pulse 1 headest tomorrow. the 2 is too heavy/too tight of a fit for my liking- that and i would prefer the bluetooth compatibility of the stereo headset for skype with my tablet.

bread's done
Back