PS+ Regional Comparison Thread (US/EU)

Looks like EU will be getting Assassin's Creed 3 and Urban Trial Freestyle this month.  Other 3 games haven't been revealed yet, but I'd guess that we'll find out later today.

I don't particularly want AC3 here in the US (and Morgan seems to confirm that we won't be getting it) because I got it through a free glitch on Xbox Live, but I'd take Urban Trail for free.  Especially for Vita, especially especially over any PSP game.

Other European games are Little King's Story, Stealth Inc, and Jak and Daxter Trilogy (PS3).  Stellar lineup, and though I'm not 100% sure, I'm pretty sure Jak and Daxter is cross-buy over there for the digital version.  Meaning they are getting 6 very good Vita games this month.  Compared to Darkstalkers PSP, Machinarium, and Star Wars Pinball, they're just absolutley fuck ing embarrasing US PS+ at this point.

Worst of all, can't just get an EU PS+ subscription and play those Vita games, either!

Other European games are Little King's Story, Stealth Inc, and Jak and Daxter Trilogy (PS3). Stellar lineup, and though I'm not 100% sure, I'm pretty sure Jak and Daxter is cross-buy over there for the digital version. Meaning they are getting 6 very good Vita games this month. Compared to Darkstalkers PSP, Machinarium, and Star Wars Pinball, they're just absolutley fuck ing embarrasing US PS+ at this point.

Worst of all, can't just get an EU PS+ subscription and play those Vita games, either!
I was 99% sure it wasn't and the blog makes no reference to that... so I don't think it is. Also even if it was, the Vita version of Jak and Daxter is pretty awful. MC is 67 to give you an idea and remember that this is a score for 3 games, not just 1.

2013-06-15-152121.jpg

Oh, my eyes!  They started bleeding last night while I was playing Little King's Story for Wii.  I finally got them to stop and then BAM you post that!

Anyways, it is crossbuy in the UK at least.  It's possible that they de-activate the cross-buy for this, but I don't think they will:

XmgKUV6.png

Oh, my eyes! They started bleeding last night while I was playing Little King's Story for Wii. I finally got them to stop and then BAM you post that!

Anyways, it is crossbuy in the UK at least. It's possible that they de-activate the cross-buy for this, but I don't think they will:

XmgKUV6.png
Ah. Very nice then! (surprised the blog didn't mention it though) Shame the games look like shit on the Vita regardless. =\

I was 99% sure it wasn't and the blog makes no reference to that... so I don't think it is. Also even if it was, the Vita version of Jak and Daxter is pretty awful. MC is 67 to give you an idea and remember that this is a score for 3 games, not just 1.

*snip*
hahaha that's just terrible

The very dumb individuals on reddit /r/playstationplus are confirming that Jak and Daxter is definitely cross-buy between PS3 and Vita.  Just FYI.

So basically EU+ for Vita this month are Jak&Daxter trilogy, Stealth Inc., Urban Trial and New Little King. They all ain't my taste, tried Jak on Vita, shit the frame-rate is awful.

US is getting Rayman Origins and a PSP GTA game.

Rayman is good (though I already own it digitally. fuck!) but I would trade the last 3 months of US Vita games just for what they got this month.

I so would like some of the EU PS+ only games like Shadow of the Colossus/ICO and Catherine. In other words, it wouldn't bother me if Sony decided to just shuffle the free games around to where eventually all regions will have the same free games for PS+ users.

Edit: Awesome North America is Ico! Works for me since I'm still working on Shadow of the Colossus on PS2.  Same goes with Resident Evil Chronicles.  I have both RE games on the Wii.

Also Liberty City Stories on PSP.  Have the PS2 version so the portable one will be nice to have. 

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/08/29/playstation-plus-septembers-instant-game-collection/

Last edited by a moderator:
Great thread and chart comparision!

Even with EU Plus giving more top games, i'm really satisfied with my US Plus.

The only game of EU that i'm desperately wishing that they give free on US is Sine Mora. Any other Suda game would be nice too =)

think I'm current through november eu now. much easier to update now that I'm back at work.

Metal Gear Rising and Remember Me for EU? Good stuff. Interesting that they've gone down to four from five this month...

I don't think Remember Me will be all that great, but I do want to check it out. I would normally use one of my EU monthly codes to download and play it next month, but after all the shit that I just went through with foreign marketplaces on my Xbox, I'm too scared to.

I don't think Remember Me will be all that great, but I do want to check it out. I would normally use one of my EU monthly codes to download and play it next month, but after all the shit that I just went through with foreign marketplaces on my Xbox, I'm too scared to.
chicken,im getting remember me plat#137 =)

updated with today's delicious list for the US.  Put the PS4 titles as US only as I'm not sure what EU has on the table there, feel free to edit if you know better.

EU

November

Metal Gear Rising Revengeance

Remember Me

Oddworld Stranger's Wrath (Vita)

Motorstorm RC (Vita)

NA

November

Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen
Binary Domain
Ibb and Obb
Contrast (PS4)
Resogun (PS4)
Oddworld Stranger's Wrath (Vita)
Soul Sacrifice (Vita)
Wow, I'm looking forward to November

Oh cool, I bought Sonic All-Stars Racing on PS3.  Nice to have the portable/Vita version for free. 

Hmm...maybe I'll just buy the Borderlands 2 DLC instead of buying the Game of the Year Edition.  Maybe I'll find the DLC disc cheap and wait for a sale on Tiny Tina's DLC.

Son of a bitch.  That was exactly the game I was hoping would show up on PS+.  If we don't get Don't Starve free on PS4. . .

BTW Brothers is free on US PS+ since yesterday.  That game is this generation's ICO.  I haven't played a minimalist game this good since Journey, so especially check it out if you're still mad Last Guardian is taking forever.

bread's done
Back