PS Vita 32GB Memory Card - $82.99 + Free S&H @ Buy.com

[quote name='OregonDealz']ya completely over priced, regardless of the technology involved.[/QUOTE]

While I agree that the overall pricing structure is lousy, ultimately it is what it is; in other words, people wanting a 32GB Memory Card for their Vita in the near future should be happy that they can save a few $ now.

I remember getting gouged on the Pro Duo's when I got my PSP on its release day and same thing all over again. Oh well I'll still be getting a Vita soon.

[quote name='AwRy108']While I agree that the overall pricing structure is lousy, ultimately it is what it is; in other words, people wanting a 32GB Memory Card for their Vita in the near future should be happy that they can save a few $ now.[/QUOTE]

Absolutely agree. This is a decent price for this card. Regardless of what anyone thinks that's the retail price and people will still pay for it regardless of the tech (e.g., see 360 hard drives). At the very least you can save a couple of bucks.

I think Sony figured the playstation store is not selling Vita stuff because the memory cards are killing the market. I strongly suggest to hold on buying Vita memory card. They will be forced to lower the prices because currently nintendo is dominating the market. Most likely we will see a steady drop in memory card price.

So the price starts to drop. Wonder how long it's going to take for this size to get back down to what Circuit City/Tiger Direct accidentally priced it at that one time...

[quote name='Vader582']If you pirated games on the PSP, these mem cards prices are what you have sown.[/QUOTE]

This reminds me of when I was in high school and we would have substitute teachers, and a bunch of the other kids would be complete dicks. And then when the regular teacher got back she would punish the whole class, even those of us who weren't.

[quote name='morrodox']This reminds me of when I was in high school and we would have substitute teachers, and a bunch of the other kids would be complete dicks. And then when the regular teacher got back she would punish the whole class, even those of us who weren't.[/QUOTE]
Exactly.:cry:

[quote name='Oxyric']I think Sony figured the playstation store is not selling Vita stuff because the memory cards are killing the market. I strongly suggest to hold on buying Vita memory card. They will be forced to lower the prices because currently nintendo is dominating the market. Most likely we will see a steady drop in memory card price.[/QUOTE]

Um, if you own a Vita--or plan to own one--then you have to purchase a Memory Card: even the retail titles require one.

Also, while it's obvious that Memory Card prices are going to slowly decline, I do think that we're going to see the biggest price drop in Q4 2012 because Sony's really going to do a huge Vita blitz to coincide with the holidays.

In any event, let's not turn this thread into a console war thread, as many 3DS owners--myself included--remember a time not too long ago when there was zero quality software to play on our over-priced 3DS's; then, as usual, Mario saved the day.

[quote name='Vader582']If you pirated games on the PSP, these mem cards prices are what you have sown.[/QUOTE]

Except the original PSP's MS DUO Pro cards were also crazy expensive at the time the system launched (relative to other standards). This is is typical Sony charging ridiculous prices for proprietary tech.

Back on topic, this is the best price I've seen other than the mistakes and the site that shall not be named. I'm still going to try and hold out with my 4GB for a while though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah I'm not paying $90 for a glorified SD card. And sony wonders why vita isn't selling and why they're losing billions.

They hate their consumers, so we're retaliating by not giving them money, instead if simply complaining...the way it should be done.

Suck it sony, and let their troubles be a lesson to everyone else

[quote name='AwRy108']While I agree that the overall pricing structure is lousy, ultimately it is what it is; in other words, people wanting a 32GB Memory Card for their Vita in the near future should be happy that they can save a few $ now.[/QUOTE]

Or, like has already been said people could just not buy them at all...or just buy the absolute cheapest one and that's it. With that kind of insane pricing, it's times like that when gamers need to man up and stick together to accomplish something.

But, this is CAG and technically it's a "deal" like you said, so...

[quote name='JKSonic']Or, like has already been said people could just not buy them at all...or just buy the absolute cheapest one and that's it. With that kind of insane pricing, it's times like that when gamers need to man up and stick together to accomplish something.

But, this is CAG and technically it's a "deal" like you said, so...[/QUOTE]

The thing is, the Vita requires a Memory Stick; and the other thing is, buying the "cheapest one" is actually the worst deal in terms of storage space per dollar.

As I said in several of my other posts: if you currently have a Vita or plan to purchase one soon, then this is the best everyday price on the best all-around "value" regarding the Vita's Memory Sticks. Also, if you plan to buy the majority of your Vita software off of PSN, then the Memory Stick will eventually pay for itself due to the majority of retail-based titles being discounted on PSN.

Ultimately, the "cheapest" route to go is to not buy a Vita at all until you're happy with its price point; but then why would you be looking at this thread?

[quote name='AwRy108']...but then why would you be looking at this thread?[/QUOTE]
To bitch & moan and complain about Sony! Why else?! :lol:

I've got two sticks, a 4gb and 8gb. So far I've used the 8gb for psn downloads and the 4gb for retail game saves and dlc. What has been bothering me is that when I switch memory sticks the game and app icons get all screwed up and misplace and then I have to put them back where I want them. Is there a solution to this (other than buying a bigger stick)?

If you have 1200 PTZ at lockerz, you can get this for $79.99. That's still too much for me though. I'm waiting for a price drop.

im not really sure how pirates are to blame here.....sony could of just used a standard flash memory card not a special patented sony one. seems like sony is the dummy to blame here.

[quote name='TheBomb69']This is the reason why I have still not purchased a Vita.[/QUOTE]

this right here is one of my primary reasons. also a holiday say is most likely where for the same 300 bucks i can likely get a vita a memory card and some games

[quote name='kayne2000']im not really sure how pirates are to blame here.....sony could of just used a standard flash memory card not a special patented sony one. seems like sony is the dummy to blame here.
[/QUOTE]
You mean so hackers could easily place the cards in their computers and pull the directories and structure apart? Yeah that sounds like a great idea...
If you're ok stealing, that's on you. Just know your actions have consequences.

[quote name='sukTHEfac']Yeah I'm not paying $90 for a glorified SD card. And sony wonders why vita isn't selling and why they're losing billions.

They hate their consumers, so we're retaliating by not giving them money, instead if simply complaining...the way it should be done.

Suck it sony, and let their troubles be a lesson to everyone else[/QUOTE]

Sony doesn't hate their consumers, they are simply a business doing what businesses do: Trying to make money. Businesses typically have some items with low low profit margins and some with high profit margins. The Vita memory sticks just happen to be an item with a high profit margin....a very high margin at that. Are they over-priced? Yes, no doubt about that,

Don't like the prices? Don't make a purchase and move on. No reason to make comments about Sony hating the people keeping them in business. They obviously love those people, or else Sony would not exist.

[quote name='Vader582']You mean so hackers could easily place the cards in their computers and pull the directories and structure apart? Yeah that sounds like a great idea...
If you're ok stealing, that's on you. Just know your actions have consequences.[/QUOTE]

just know it is and always has been futile to stop hackers.

the only people that should have any real interesting hacker stopping is transactions invovling credit cards and stuff like that or stuff the CIA and whatnot have to deal with. even then this has been proven futile in the past year or two.

game console hacking is futile to stop it you and i both know it except the paying with a credit card online part needs all the security it can get. all this did was slow hackers down by a year while they sit there and tear the system apart all the while the paying customer is robbed blind. sounds like a great business plan screw the paying customer. as i said if the memory cards were closer to the 20 dollar range i'd seriously consider a vita.

tl;dr stopping hackers is a futile art that big companies need to just accept. torrents arent dieing, pirates arent dieing. and hackers arent dieing.

[quote name='kayne2000']just know it is and always has been futile to stop hackers.

the only people that should have any real interesting hacker stopping is transactions invovling credit cards and stuff like that or stuff the CIA and whatnot have to deal with. even then this has been proven futile in the past year or two.

game console hacking is futile to stop it you and i both know it except the paying with a credit card online part needs all the security it can get. all this did was slow hackers down by a year while they sit there and tear the system apart all the while the paying customer is robbed blind. sounds like a great business plan screw the paying customer. as i said if the memory cards were closer to the 20 dollar range i'd seriously consider a vita.

tl;dr stopping hackers is a futile art that big companies need to just accept. torrents arent dieing, pirates arent dieing. and hackers arent dieing.[/QUOTE]
As someone who actually owns a Vita and a 32GB mem card, I do not feel robbed.
So you sleep with your door unlocked? You know, because deterring crime is futile and all. :roll:

[quote name='Vader582']As someone who actually owns a Vita and a 32GB mem card, I do not feel robbed.
So you sleep with your door unlocked? You know, because deterring crime is futile and all. :roll:[/QUOTE]

clearly the exact same thing....

EDIT:

and thats you not feeling robbed. i'd feel robbed and apparently im not alone in that feeling.

[quote name='kayne2000']clearly the exact same thing....

EDIT:

and thats you not feeling robbed. i'd feel robbed and apparently im not alone in that feeling.[/QUOTE]
Crime is crime. How ever you rationalize it, doesn't change that.

Sure, I'd love the price to be lower on the mem cards but I know who to really blame and have no animosity towards Sony. Sony gotta eat.
I want them to continue to make products I can enjoy.

[quote name='TheBomb69']This is the reason why I have still not purchased a Vita.[/QUOTE]

Same here, though I have to confess that I don't intend to purchase one anytime soon. Every other device on the market has built in storage and the Vita does not, so this is a clear cut case of Sony trying to gouge its customers. Even the 3DS comes with a SD card included right in the system. You can get an Apple iPod touch with 32GB of storage for $299, or less if you find a sale. You can purchase a PS3, a high definition games console, for the same cost as a Vita.

If Sony included even a 2GB memory card with the system so that at least people can save their games I would not be as angry about the required memory card but honestly, I thought required memory cards were something that gaming gave up with the PS2 (and even then, the PS2 technically functioned without a memory card). We are talking about a case of a system that does not function unless you insert a non-included memory card. There is honestly no excuse for portables to be released without some kind of built in storage in 2012.

[quote name='SaraAB']Same here, though I have to confess that I don't intend to purchase one anytime soon. Every other device on the market has built in storage and the Vita does not, so this is a clear cut case of Sony trying to gouge its customers. Even the 3DS comes with a SD card included right in the system. You can get an Apple iPod touch with 32GB of storage for $299, or less if you find a sale. You can purchase a PS3, a high definition games console, for the same cost as a Vita.

If Sony included even a 2GB memory card with the system so that at least people can save their games I would not be as angry about the required memory card but honestly, I thought required memory cards were something that gaming gave up with the PS2 (and even then, the PS2 technically functioned without a memory card). We are talking about a case of a system that does not function unless you insert a non-included memory card. There is honestly no excuse for portables to be released without some kind of built in storage in 2012.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure that, at launch, both the wifi and 3g systems came with some type of memory card in the various sales/deals.

I agree it's ridiculous that you can't even play the Sony-made games without a memory card, though.

While I agree that its crazy that the Vita has no built in storage and also requires memory cards to even play the games, if that's the reason you wont purchase one you are missing out on a pretty great handheld system. Also if you buy the 3g model it comes with a 8gb memory card so u can at least get started with that.

[quote name='MrshllJcb']While I agree that its crazy that the Vita has no built in storage and also requires memory cards to even play the games, if that's the reason you wont purchase one you are missing out on a pretty great handheld system. Also if you buy the 3g model it comes with a 8gb memory card so u can at least get started with that.[/QUOTE]

I don't really think he's missing out, all the "greatness" will still be around in a few months. I'm on the same boat, I don't feel like swapping cards or coughing up the $100 so when the 32gb is reasonable I'll hop on the wagon, so save me a seat.Who knows maybe by then they'll revise the unit and increase the battery life, all current titles will be obviously cheaper & more titles will be out.

[quote name='Vader582']Crime is crime. How ever you rationalize it, doesn't change that.

Sure, I'd love the price to be lower on the mem cards but I know who to really blame and have no animosity towards Sony. Sony gotta eat.
I want them to continue to make products I can enjoy.[/QUOTE]

except ultimately you have no proof that this is why sony did it. because there is further proof stopping hackers is futile. sony has got to eat but that doesnt make this a good decision.

and ya hackers are not even close to in house burglars all of which can be thwarted easily with a big dog,alarms,deadbolt locks, and guns. and hopefully by 2030 robots you can buy that guard the front door with a shotgun(included with a teenage sneaking out mode to bust that pesky teen and keep him grounded)

[quote name='Untamed Sorrow']I don't really think he's missing out, all the "greatness" will still be around in a few months. I'm on the same boat, I don't feel like swapping cards or coughing up the $100 so when the 32gb is reasonable I'll hop on the wagon, so save me a seat.Who knows maybe by then they'll revise the unit and increase the battery life, all current titles will be obviously cheaper & more titles will be out.[/QUOTE]
Exactly, and you really won't be missing out on much games since a majority of the ones that are even worth it are available on the consoles already.

I figured that the 4gb card I got on day one would only hold me over a month or so until I bought a bigger one. But now I'm totally content with the small card. Currently my 4gb card contains:

Super Stardust Delta
Lumines
Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3
Motorstorm RC
Final Fantasy Tactics (PSP)
Ys Seven (PSP)
Carnivores (Mini)
Netflix (App)
Twitter (App)

Not to mention a few pics for wallpapers.
I have 100's of hours of games on the smallest card. So if you're smart about what games you put on your card, you might be surprised how well it works out.

That being said, I will eventually get a 32gb card. :)

[quote name='kayne2000']except ultimately you have no proof that this is why sony did it. because there is further proof stopping hackers is futile. sony has got to eat but that doesnt make this a good decision.

and ya hackers are not even close to in house burglars all of which can be thwarted easily with a big dog,alarms,deadbolt locks, and guns. and hopefully by 2030 robots you can buy that guard the front door with a shotgun(included with a teenage sneaking out mode to bust that pesky teen and keep him grounded)[/QUOTE]
Not sure how you feel robbed since you don't even own the thing. :lol:
I realize that you're probably some kid but this is getting tedious.

[quote name='Untamed Sorrow']I don't really think he's missing out, all the "greatness" will still be around in a few months. I'm on the same boat, I don't feel like swapping cards or coughing up the $100 so when the 32gb is reasonable I'll hop on the wagon, so save me a seat.Who knows maybe by then they'll revise the unit and increase the battery life, all current titles will be obviously cheaper & more titles will be out.[/QUOTE]

I bought a 3G Vita, 32GB Memory Stick, 6 games, Travel Case, and game card case all on launch day (saved up tons of Amazon credit, only spent $100 out of pocket), and I don't regret the purchases for even a second: I love pretty much everything about the Vita, and it's now my favorite device to play games on.

That said, what you're saying is absolutely true, and I completely applaud your stance in making a more responsible purchasing decision. Anyone who loves tech--especially gaming-related--knows that consumers who are also early adopters take a HUGE beating in the wallet; and corporate America knows this, too. The whole reason the Vita launched in a non-holiday month (...also happens to be around tax return time) was to reel in the early adopter profits via huge margins, then turn the money into advertising and marketing dollars for the Christmas season.

So, in an attempt to get this thread back on course: for us early adopting suckers, this is a great price on the 32GB card; and for the fence-sitters, well, the longer you can hold out, the lower the prices will go. Making a purchase is a conscious decision, so no need to start shouting at the camp opposite of yours.

I waited a long time for the price to drop before I bought a larger capacity card for the PSP. I was OK with it and for those of you who can wait I would suggest doing the same with the Vita cards. It's just a matter of preference. Lets be honest, most people who wanted the 32gb cards during launch period were thinking of downloading PSP games right away.

If people don't want it at that price point that's fine. Just don't justify why you want to wait and don't bitch about the price. the OP posted a deal and that's what this is about, a deal on a card. 'NUFF said.

Unless you're only going to buy games on PSN and want to have all of them with you for whatever reason, a 32 GB card is pointless. I have a 8GB card and will probably never upgrade. Right now, I have Dissidia 012, Final Fantasy IV, Motorstorm RC: Vita, the three AR games, and a couple of demos on it. I'm trying to focus on just one or two games at a time and when I finish one, I'll delete it and load another game up.

[quote name='kayne2000']clearly the exact same thing....

EDIT:

and thats you not feeling robbed. i'd feel robbed and apparently im not alone in that feeling.[/QUOTE]

Simple solution: don't buy the Vita and stop whining about the memory card prices; obviously you're just one of the same kinds of people who'd rather ripoff the games and download them for free. All of your comments in this thread are complete nonsense.

Back on subject, this is a great price for the 32gb card. I recently bought the 16gb card from Amazon (just after they lowered the price to $50), because my 8gb original card was full. I have many PSP games loaded on the stick and enjoy having them on the go. I have no complaints at all about the memory card prices; blame hackers and thieves for the fact that Sony had to release a proprietary memory card, don't blame Sony itself. They're just protecting their intellectual property, and that of many other gaming companies.

i love how not wanting to spend 100 dollars on a memory card = i am a thief or a kid(love this classic internet insult) on a site ironically named cheapass gamer. i simply love it.

[quote name='kayne2000']i love how not wanting to spend 100 dollars on a memory card = i am a thief or a kid(love this classic internet insult) on a site ironically named cheapass gamer. i simply love it.[/QUOTE]

You could just not spend the money and stop whining about how it's too expensive when it's not a necessity.

[quote name='GaveUpTomorrow']Sony doesn't hate their consumers, they are simply a business doing what businesses do: Trying to make money. Businesses typically have some items with low low profit margins and some with high profit margins. The Vita memory sticks just happen to be an item with a high profit margin....a very high margin at that. Are they over-priced? Yes, no doubt about that,

Don't like the prices? Don't make a purchase and move on. No reason to make comments about Sony hating the people keeping them in business. They obviously love those people, or else Sony would not exist.[/QUOTE]

This is the same company that responded to criticisms of overpriced ps3 by saying "people should expect to double their work hours if they want one" and calling the psp "literally the most beautiful thing in the world" and much more. Adam Sessler had am entire soapbox segment on infamous and smug sony quotes. Look your lovers up.

If you think caring about customers means forcing people to buy overpriced proprietary formats and hiding fine print in regards to the "free" SSD Delta 3g bundle, you're delusional kid.

respectable businesses make money by appealing and respecting customers, not finding creative and defiant means to weasel more money out of people.

I got my Vita after trading in my ps3 and some games thinking I'll get more use out of the Vita than my ps3. Well, it's gathering just as much dust as my ps3 did. Had enough credit to get a 16gb mem card as well. So I dont feel so bad. but I wouldn't pay 60 out right for that card. and defiantly not 100 for the 32gb. Why couldn't they have used the MS pro duo cards and why didn't they use the standard mini usb connection like on the psp. They know people would just throw $$$ their way no matter how much their proprietary stuff was.

sigh....

[quote name='SteveChiller']I got my Vita after trading in my ps3 and some games thinking I'll get more use out of the Vita than my ps3. Well, it's gathering just as much dust as my ps3 did. Had enough credit to get a 16gb mem card as well. So I dont feel so bad. but I wouldn't pay 60 out right for that card. and defiantly not 100 for the 32gb. Why couldn't they have used the MS pro duo cards and why didn't they use the standard mini usb connection like on the psp. $$$ sigh....[/QUOTE]

If you didn't like the PS3, and don't care much for the Vita, then maybe you just don't care for video games? Seriously, the PS3 has tons of great games, many to be found very cheaply, so how could you not care for it?

As for the Vita, it just launched 2 months ago, and with a very good selection of games for a new console. Sounds like you need to find another hobby if neither system excites you. Just saying.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='sukTHEfac']This is the same company that responded to criticisms of overpriced ps3 by saying "people should expect to double their work hours if they want one" and calling the psp "literally the most beautiful thing in the world" and much more. Adam Sessler had am entire soapbox segment on infamous and smug sony quotes. Look your lovers up.

If you think caring about customers means forcing people to buy overpriced proprietary formats and hiding fine print in regards to the "free" SSD Delta 3g bundle, you're delusional kid.

respectable businesses make money by appealing and respecting customers, not finding creative and defiant means to weasel more money out of people.[/QUOTE]

Forcing people to buy overpriced proprietary formats? I have a Vita and did not pay a cent for my 8GB card. Oh, and that hidden fine print was right on the box of my 3G Vita.

bread's done
Back