PS Vita 32GB Memory Card - $82.99 + Free S&H @ Buy.com

Gotta love all the overly defensive early adopters, trying to justify their purchase to everyone else. Sony IS screwing you, no two ways about it. Charging almost 100 dollars for 32 gigabytes of flash memory is outrageous. The fact that sony intentionally designed this thing with absolutely no internal storage in todays market is obscene. If you honestly believe that sony isn't trying to take advantage of its customers, by using a completely new format of memory stick, which seemingly offer no clear advantage over previous versions (just a new plastic casing, which they "coincidentally" did for the pspgo as well), then you are fucking delusional. These new memory sticks aren't going to keep people from hacking their psp's. Give people a reason to constantly connect to your store, have great sales, keep people playing online with their friends AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE. This is how you keep people from running custom firmware and pirating your games. Not blowing a bunch of proprietary bullshit formats up consumers asses, all the while deluding morons into believing they do it for copyright protection....

[quote name='jamesesdad']Gotta love all the overly defensive early adopters, trying to justify their purchase to everyone else. Sony IS screwing you, no two ways about it. Charging almost 100 dollars for 32 gigabytes of flash memory is outrageous. The fact that sony intentionally designed this thing with absolutely no internal storage in todays market is obscene. If you honestly believe that sony isn't trying to take advantage of its customers, by using a completely new format of memory stick, which seemingly offer no clear advantage over previous versions (just a new plastic casing, which they "coincidentally" did for the pspgo as well), then you are fucking delusional. These new memory sticks aren't going to keep people from hacking their psp's. Give people a reason to constantly connect to your store, have great sales, keep people playing online with their friends AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE. This is how you keep people from running custom firmware and pirating your games. Not blowing a bunch of proprietary bullshit formats up consumers asses, all the while deluding morons into believing they do it for copyright protection....[/QUOTE]

this guy gets it though i guess he'll get flamed too. *sign*

its not that i find the vita even i just cant justify a memory card that costs 2-3x the price of a retail game. i cant recall a system in recent memory that did that. and a lot of the games right now are avaiable on the consoles so.

[quote name='kayne2000']this guy gets it though i guess he'll get flamed too. *sign*

its not that i find the vita even i just cant justify a memory card that costs 2-3x the price of a retail game. i cant recall a system in recent memory that did that. and a lot of the games right now are avaiable on the consoles so.[/QUOTE]

So what this thread is about getting a deal on the card. Stop whining.

Also the 360 does the same thing with their memory storage but I don't hear anyone complaining, I wonder why that is.

[quote name='Draknight']So what this thread is about getting a deal on the card. Stop whining.

Also the 360 does the same thing with their memory storage but I don't hear anyone complaining, I wonder why that is.[/QUOTE]

wrong. you can use any harddrive and usb flash drive on the 360.

Currently, third-party memory manufacturers can not sell vita products. Sony holds the IP for one year. Once that expires, then other players will sell their third party memory cards and prices will come down.

[quote name='kayne2000']wrong. you can use any harddrive and usb flash drive on the 360.[/QUOTE]

This wasn't true for several years

[quote name='shivan128']Currently, third-party memory manufacturers can not sell vita products. Sony holds the IP for one year. Once that expires, then other players will sell their third party memory cards and prices will come down.[/QUOTE]

Not doubting you, but do you have a source? I was always curious about this and wanted to read up on it.

[quote name='shivan128']Currently, third-party memory manufacturers can not sell vita products. Sony holds the IP for one year. Once that expires, then other players will sell their third party memory cards and prices will come down.[/QUOTE]

Id like to see documentation on this also, from a credible source. Nothing personal.

[quote name='Vader582']Adam Sessler said so?!??!?????!! OMG!
Well I guess that about wraps it up.[/QUOTE]

Yup, that guy is never wrong, or subjective.

[quote name='jamesesdad']Gotta love all the overly defensive early adopters, trying to justify their purchase to everyone else. Sony IS screwing you, no two ways about it. Charging almost 100 dollars for 32 gigabytes of flash memory is outrageous. The fact that sony intentionally designed this thing with absolutely no internal storage in todays market is obscene. If you honestly believe that sony isn't trying to take advantage of its customers, by using a completely new format of memory stick, which seemingly offer no clear advantage over previous versions (just a new plastic casing, which they "coincidentally" did for the pspgo as well), then you are fucking delusional. These new memory sticks aren't going to keep people from hacking their psp's. Give people a reason to constantly connect to your store, have great sales, keep people playing online with their friends AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE. This is how you keep people from running custom firmware and pirating your games. Not blowing a bunch of proprietary bullshit formats up consumers asses, all the while deluding morons into believing they do it for copyright protection....[/QUOTE]
Gotta love all the overly bitchy gamers who feel entitled, trying to justify their lack of purchase to everyone else. Sony IS NOT screwing you, no two ways about it. You have a choice: BUY or DON’T BUY. Charging high prices for accessories is standard fare in the current gaming market. Every company does it. The fact is that the OP was trying to save people 10+% on an accessory they thought some CAGs may have wanted. Instead you get a bunch of whining in the thread about costs and how evil Sony is currently. You don’t like the deal? Move on, but should you choose to post, don’t expect people who actually know what’s going on not to respond to your ignorance.
[quote name='jamesesdad']Give people a reason to constantly connect to your store, have great sales, keep people playing online with their friends AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE.[/QUOTE]
If you actually knew as much as you think you know, you’d know this is currently going on for the majority of Vita owners.

[quote name='kayne2000']wrong. you can use any harddrive and usb flash drive on the 360.[/QUOTE]
Most USB drives? Yes. Any HDD? Wrong. Go try and do a simple swap on the 360 as on the PS3. Oh wait...you can't. I didn't even need Adam Sessler to tell me that...

The Vita is perfect for me, i play on it maybe 30 minutes to an hour a day and its portable. I hope it succeeds as it has the potential to be a console replacement, at least for me.

You pay for things you enjoy, if you feel this memory card is too expensive, don't buy it, plain and simple.

[quote name='DeathMoJo']The Vita is perfect for me, i play on it maybe 30 minutes to an hour a day and its portable. I hope it succeeds as it has the potential to be a console replacement, at least for me.

You pay for things you enjoy, if you feel this memory card is too expensive, don't buy it, plain and simple.[/QUOTE]

Ah, finally, somebody with some sense who doesn't want to argue.

I think Apple's entire business model is a huge scam (turns out I'm right, too), but I don't go to the iOS Deal Thread to bitch about it; and Microsoft has been screwing 360 owners on HDD prices for over half a decade, but that doesn't mean I jump into every 360 HDD deal thread to shout about it. Also, if everyone's being honest here, I bet each one of you either owns an Apple product, a 360 w/ a HDD, or both.

BOTTOM LINE IS THIS: the prices are what they are, so you either chose to buy in to the Vita now, later, or never. Besides, I guarantee that every person whining about the Vita Memory Stick prices has, at least once, grossly over-paid for something that wanted very badly; in other words, use your soap box to step down off your pedestal and go bitch about this stuff in a fanboy forum, not a CAG Deal Forum. F'n idiots.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Vader582']Gotta love all the overly bitchy gamers who feel entitled, trying to justify their lack of purchase to everyone else. Sony IS NOT screwing you, no two ways about it. You have a choice: BUY or DON’T BUY. Charging high prices for accessories is standard fare in the current gaming market. Every company does it. The fact is that the OP was trying to save people 10+% on an accessory they thought some CAGs may have wanted. Instead you get a bunch of whining in the thread about costs and how evil Sony is currently. You don’t like the deal? Move on, but should you choose to post, don’t expect people who actually know what’s going on not to respond to your ignorance.

If you actually knew as much as you think you know, you’d know this is currently going on for the majority of Vita owners.

Most USB drives? Yes. Any HDD? Wrong. Go try and do a simple swap on the 360 as on the PS3. Oh wait...you can't. I didn't even need Adam Sessler to tell me that...[/QUOTE]

sigh.. where to even start...First of all, I don't think you even read my post. "trying to justify their lack of purchase to everyone else" this has to be the most batshit crazy thing I've read in a while. Why would I need to justify NOT buying something to ANY ONE???? I was only pointing out that sony is absolutely screwing their customers. Of course, being the in denial fanboy you clearly are, you couldn't hardly be bothered to address a single one of my points, despite finding it necessary to quote my post. If the forum is not here to discuss the legitimacy of this so called "deal" then what is it for? If it was simply to post a discounted price on something there would be no forum, just pages and pages of deals with no discussions... The fact of the matter is, sony is taking complete advantage of their customers, and the majority of us can see what a scam charging 100 dollars, or even 85 for 32 gigabytes of flash memory is. There was absolutely no reason to introduce a new memory stick format, other than to rip off early adopters, and I challenge you to prove otherwise.This is the very reason so many people are bitching, because quite frankly, its not a fucking deal, its highway robbery. You are right though, sony isn't screwing ME, because I'm not buying the bullshit they are selling, they are screwing YOU. But by all means, take it laying face down, all the while praising lord sony, but I wouldn't expect a meal, because sony definitely wont take you out to dinner before trying to fuck you.

As for your clearly misinformed opinion about accessories in the game industry. No other hardware manufacturer sells a console that is distributed to consumers in a functionally useless state (without a memory card). Microsoft launched the xbox with a hard drive, and even the arcade unit included a memory card. Hell even Nintendo includes a 2 gig sd card with the 3ds. MS, and Nintendo both manage to include storage solutions for their consoles over 5 years ago. The least sony could do is pitch consumers a bone and allow us to use our memory sticks from the psp, or even the pspgo.... You can plug any USB device with storage into the xbox 360, or nintendo wii, and use them for save data. Sure you couldn't always do this, but both consoles still launched with internal storage solutions and didn't force you to buy anything extra. But sony, in their infinite greed, decides we need a 4th memory stick format, and charges 4 times the going rate for standard flash memory. If thats not screwing consumers, I don't know what is dude.

Honestly after using steam, and to a lesser extent the xbox market place, the playstation store on vita is a joke too. No ps1 games, bad prices on old psp games, no psp demos, frustrating navigation and sorting option, and no big discounts from retail games? Don't even get me started on the sales. All digital distribution platforms could take a huge page from steam. Valve understands the value of offering deep discounts to their customers. You could either sell me your game at a huge 50-75% discount.... or you could be greedy, trying to squeeze as much $ per sale as possible offering a 10% discount, and potentially not sell it to me at all. There is a reason I have over 150 games on steam, and only like 15 games on the psn. But now I'm getting a little off track. My point is, sony doesn't offer a online service on the vita thats even close to what its competition offers, so consumers have no reason to stay constantly connected like they do with xbla or steam. Yes you might keep yours connected at all times, but its honestly a far cry from what I'm talking about, and you clearly fail to understand.

and finally, no one is forcing you overly defensive butthurt whiny fanboys to read past the initial post. The price of this shit is outrageous, and you should expect a conversation to come up like this EVERY TIME you post a deal about over priced flash memory. Awry and vader are slinging the fanboy term around, but the two of you are the only ones I see vehemently defending a company that wants nothing to do with you but seperate you from your money. I honestly can't think of a better place to have a discussion about something of this manner, but please, if you have a recommendation as to where a conversation about the legitimacy of a deal on memory cards should go, then I'm all ears.

The main takeaway is, if it really bothers you to see people commenting about how these are a bullshit ripoff, then stay out of the thread... It's not like everyone is demanding you take the thread off the deals page, and honestly a hot debate is all that keeps this stupid thread bumped up top. so quit complaining about complainers for christsake. I find the majority of these comments to be extremely on topic, since they are about the nature of the item on sale. This is a forum about video game deals, and it looks like the majority of those who posted in the thread found it to be anything but. Sure its a price reduction, but a deal? for the 'cheapasses'? not so much

[quote name='jamesesdad']sigh.. (not going to quote the whole rant lol )[/QUOTE]

in all seriousness, I completely understand and agree wholeheartedly with most of what you said. However, as greedy as we might all believe it is for sony to do so, it is completely their right to do so. You want to boycott/bash them for conducting business how they see fit, that's completely fine as well, but really what is the point to continue to state the obvious how its messed up sony created a new kind of flash memory and are ass raping customers who purchase it. There are many CAGS who purchased vitas, and as a result need a memory card to even use the device (lol nice one sony), and the point of this forum is to provide lower cost alternatives to paying MSRP (regardless if we agree on if it is a fair price or not). And currently, this is the LOWEST price i've seen for a "readily available and new" 32 gb memory card (especially when the bonus point promo was available).

I certainly agree the vita itself is not worth over $200 (especially considering the current games out for it and additional costs required to even use it (memory card))...

also, it really is not fair to compare prices of computer games to consoles/handhelds. They are completely different markets, albeit, i do agree $40-50 msrp is completely absurd for handheld games. It would be nice if sony/microsoft would discount digital versions to the extent steam regularly does, but I don't see it happening anytime soon, perhaps int he next console generation (of course after the initial 2-3 year hype upon release)

@jamesesdad
Well at least you admitted you're being bitchy.
I never once used the term, fanboy.
In your complete history of gaming memory above, I noticed you skipped over the fact that the PS3 accepts most 2.5" SATA drives, many of which are super inexpensive. Interesting. Probably just ignorance on your part, like many other things here. No matter. This is of course, completely opposite of MS, who at one point was selling 20 GB HDDs for $100. Now that's a good deal!!! Lol
It's also interesting that you don't mention that the SD card on the the Wii and DSi don't actually hold any games, just game saves. More ignorance? Again no matter.
After reading your 2 (count 'em 2!!!) diatribes, am I really the one acting like a fanboy? Really? LMAO!

[quote name='Vader582']In your complete history of gaming memory above, I noticed you skipped over the fact that the PS3 accepts most 2.5" SATA drives, many of which are super inexpensive. ... This is of course, completely opposite of MS, who at one point was selling 20 GB HDDs for $100. Now that's a good deal!!! Lol [/QUOTE]While MS was offering a $100 20GB HDDs for the $300 360 back in the day Sony was busy trying to sell a $600 system. Both companies just have a different marketing approach of covering the numerous costs involved with selling hardware.

[quote name='jdb230'] the point of this forum is to provide lower cost alternatives to paying MSRP (regardless if we agree on if it is a fair price or not). And currently, this is the LOWEST price i've seen for a "readily available and new" 32 gb memory card (especially when the bonus point promo was available).

[/QUOTE]

this a million gallizion times over!!!

[quote name='Thrinn']While MS was offering a $100 20GB HDDs for the $300 360 back in the day Sony was busy trying to sell a $600 system. Both companies just have a different marketing approach of covering the numerous costs involved with selling hardware.[/QUOTE]
I completely agree.
Keeping the mem out of the Vita kept the prices lower for the system.

[quote name='jamesesdad']sigh.. where to even start...First of all [/QUOTE]

That has to be the longest and most idiotic anti-Sony rant I've ever seen. You really need to get a life, wasting 20 minutes to type all that garbage is really sad. After a few sentences it becomes apparent that you just want to spew as much Sony hate as possible. Better to just stfu and let people discuss the actual deal; your idiotic rant just pollutes the thread.

[quote name='jamesesdad'] This is a forum about video game deals, and it looks like the majority of those who posted in the thread found it to be anything but. Sure its a price reduction, but a deal? for the 'cheapasses'? not so much[/QUOTE]

So, are you saying that we have to run every thread by you before we make it an official post in the deal forums? Otherwise, all we're debating here is how each CAG forum user defines the term "deal."

In my many years as a CAG, it's become clear that the majority of users consider prices that are lower than MSRP--in this case, over 15% less--to be a "deal". Whether or not you fall into this group doesn't mean you have to be a dick about it to people who feel differently. What dimension do you reside in where the CAG forum is filled to the brim with posts about rock-bottom prices on recent hardware/software/accessory releases? We have frickin' people posting about Diablo III being available for pre-order--why don't you go troll them, too?

Like any hobby, gaming has a wide range of enthusiasts, and some of us enjoy keeping our purchases somewhat current with the industry release schedule and/or look forward to jumping on a new piece of tech; but, keeping this in mind, I don't troll all the CAG threads about yard sales just to belittle my fellow gamers who approach their purchases differently.

As others and myself have already said, for people who want a 32GB Memory Card for the Vita right now, this a a great way to snag some savings; and that's all this thread was created for, so bickering about Sony's history of over-charging for proprietary memory solutions is irrelevant.

ONE MORE TIME (say it with me!): IF YOU'RE WANTING TO BUY A 32GB MEMORY CARD RIGHT NOW, THEN THIS IS A GOOD DEAL; IF NOT, THEN MOVE ALONG.

There, now, was that really so hard?

HERE:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9546925#post9546925

Doing my part to try to clean up the deals forum

Internet white knights aplenty! God forbid we actually have a discussion on a deals page! Once again, I never said any one shouldn't buy these, or is wrong for buying them. In pretty much all of my posts I'm simply pointing out how staunchly anti consumer sony is. I never said anywhere in any of my posts this shouldn't be posted on here, please show me where I said that??? No the fact of the matter is you fanboys are completely butthurt that any one might be critical of a product you have purchased. I don't know if you feel like your purchase is no longer validated when some one has a different opinion than you do, or what, but its sick. The second one person comes on here and acts like this isn't a good deal (because it isn't) you panty waists jump down everyones throats. I'm not saying microsoft or nintendo don't do some shady shit as well. Everyone is calling me a fanboy for defending my point of view that sony is ripping consumers off???? What exactly about this makes me a fanboy? I have owned products from the playstation family since the very first generation, as well as microsoft and nintendo. No I think the fanboy is the preson who flat out denies the facts, vehemently defends a multinational corporation, and tries to change the direction of the conversation, completely glossing over any points that might invalidate their fragile point of view.

now, vader.... I didn't 'overlook' the fact that the ps3 has a hot swap hard drive bay. I just didn't mention it because sony actually bothered to include a hard drive with the system in the first place, i.e you don't have to buy a brand new one on top of the brand new system like you do with the vita. The conversation was about how anti consumer they are being with the vita specifically, not in every single product they release. Although, you would probably love to believe that is my stance. I'm pretty sure you are the ignorant one, because I have both my wii and dsi memory cards chocked full of games as I'm typing this message,and I wasn't forced to buy SD cards just so I could actually use my system.... And once again, MS didn't force any one into buying a 20 gig hard drive. The motherfucker was included with the system at launch, whereas sony is forcing consumers to buy over priced memory sticks, on top of their brand new console. But feel free to continue flaming all who have a different view than you, I'm out of here, and won't be back.

[quote name='jamesesdad'] I'm out of here, and won't be back.[/QUOTE]

Lets all hope you're out of here for good, enough with the hatred spewing in deals threads. AMF.

Internet white knights aplenty! God forbid we actually have a discussion on a deals page! Once again, I never said any one shouldn't buy these, or is wrong for buying them. In pretty much all of my posts I'm simply pointing out how staunchly anti consumer sony is. But please, for the love of god, show me where I said, A) this deal shouldn't be posted, B) We need to remove the current thread, or C) NO ONE SHOULD BUY THIS. I came in to drop off my two cents as many others have. GET OVER IT, PEOPLE DO IT ALL THE TIME IN DEAL THREADS. No the fact of the matter is you fanboys are completely butthurt that any one might be critical of a product you have purchased. I don't know if you feel like your purchase is no longer validated when some one has a different opinion than you do, or what, but its sick. The second one person comes on here and acts like this isn't a good deal (because it isn't) you panty waists jump down everyones throats. I'm not saying microsoft or nintendo don't do some shady shit as well. Everyone is calling me a fanboy for defending my point of view that sony is ripping consumers off???? What exactly about this makes me a fanboy? I have owned products from the playstation family since the very first generation, as well as microsoft and nintendo. No I think the fanboy is the preson who flat out denies the facts, vehemently defends a multinational corporation, and tries to change the direction of the conversation, completely glossing over any points that might invalidate their fragile point of view.

now, vader.... I didn't 'overlook' the fact that the ps3 has a hot swap hard drive bay. I just didn't mention it because sony actually bothered to include a hard drive with the system in the first place, i.e you don't have to buy a brand new one on top of the brand new system like you do with the vita. The conversation was about how anti consumer they are being with the vita specifically, not in every single product they release. Although, you would probably love to believe that is my stance. I'm pretty sure you are the ignorant one, because I have both my wii and dsi memory cards chocked full of games as I'm typing this message,and I wasn't forced to buy industry standard sd cards (not proprietary bullshit) just so I could actually use my system.... And once again, MS didn't force any one into buying a 20 gig hard drive. The motherfucker was included with the system at launch, whereas sony is forcing consumers to buy over priced memory sticks, on top of their brand new console. But feel free to continue flaming all who have a different view than you, I'm out of here, and won't be back

[quote name='AwRy108']Ah, finally, somebody with some sense who doesn't want to argue.

I think Apple's entire business model is a huge scam (turns out I'm right, too), but I don't go to the iOS Deal Thread to bitch about it; and Microsoft has been screwing 360 owners on HDD prices for over half a decade, but that doesn't mean I jump into every 360 HDD deal thread to shout about it. Also, if everyone's being honest here, I bet each one of you either owns an Apple product, a 360 w/ a HDD, or both.

BOTTOM LINE IS THIS: the prices are what they are, so you either chose to buy in to the Vita now, later, or never. Besides, I guarantee that every person whining about the Vita Memory Stick prices has, at least once, grossly over-paid for something that wanted very badly; in other words, use your soap box to step down off your pedestal and go bitch about this stuff in a fanboy forum, not a CAG Deal Forum. F'n idiots.[/QUOTE]

What people never seem to realize is that any publisher/producer/maker usually makes up cost in accessories, games, add-ons, etc. They gave us the Vita at a very affordable price for the tech specs and look to make up their cost in the memory cards. Does this suck for consumers, yes and no. Yes in the fact you have to spend more money over the cost of the console but also no because they are a business and they need to make profit on it to continue to support it.

So many like to complain about a product but you are never forced to purchase it. If you don't like the given price point just wait. Every console will go own in price over the life of the system. There are numerous bundle deals and some small price drops already for some Vita games/accessories.

The funniest thing is that most people don't ever consider the things that are overpriced that they pay because of necessity (gas, food, housing, transportation). Focus on reducing cost there and then spending/savings money comes a lot easier.

[quote name='jamesesdad']... whereas sony is forcing consumers to buy over priced memory sticks, on top of their brand new console.[/QUOTE]From what I've read a Vita consists of about $160 in parts. That does not include legal costs, shipping costs, licensing fees, advertising budgets, R&D costs, etc. involved with a system launch. Those secondary costs add up extremely quickly.

Sony basically had two options from a finical standpoint: sell the Wi-fi model for $250 + a 32GB memory card for $100 OR sell the Wi-fi model for $300 + the memory card for $50. Regardless of how they broke up the cost, you were going to end up paying the same amount in the end.

[quote name='Vader582']Adam Sessler said so?!??!?????!! OMG!
Well I guess that about wraps it up.[/QUOTE]

Idiot. Miss the point much? It didn't matter who said it: but he did. The quotes of these sony reps aren't opinions. If hitler "said so" it would still be just as factual.

Any other false means on defending sony?

[quote name='jamesesdad']The main takeaway is, if it really bothers you to see people commenting about how these are a bullshit ripoff, then stay out of the thread... It's not like everyone is demanding you take the thread off the deals page, and honestly a hot debate is all that keeps this stupid thread bumped up top. so quit complaining about complainers for christsake. I find the majority of these comments to be extremely on topic, since they are about the nature of the item on sale. This is a forum about video game deals, and it looks like the majority of those who posted in the thread found it to be anything but. Sure its a price reduction, but a deal? for the 'cheapasses'? not so much[/QUOTE]

THIS!

I love how people telling ppl complaining about high prices to shut up...on a site that promotes being cheap!

If you don't think the memory cards over priced then then u arent cheap (just stupid) so therefore why do u visit this site, or even this thread for that matter?

[quote name='sukTHEfac']THIS!

I love how people telling ppl complaining about high prices to shut up...on a site that promotes being cheap!

If you don't think the memory cards over priced then then u arent cheap (just stupid) so therefore why do u visit this site, or even this thread for that matter?[/QUOTE]

Again, you're just polluting this thread with garbage (like jamesesdad, who is hopefully gone for good now). Being a newbie, you apparently don't understand how this site works. Let me explain in this particular case.

The 32gb Vita memory card lists for $100.

The OP posted a deal of $83 shipped for the same card.

That makes this a deal, the price is reduced.

No one cares about your opinion of Sony's evil empire; leave that out of deals threads.

If you have nothing to offer in a deal thread other than to rant and rave about Sony, then just don't post in that thread. Simple as that. No one cares about your opinions about this, so just move on and STFU.

regardless of everyone complaining n blowin up this deal i did mange to get one since i paid little to nothin for my vita this was an okay deal better than payin 100+

[quote name='chimpmeister']Again, you're just polluting this thread with garbage (like jamesesdad, who is hopefully gone for good now). Being a newbie, you apparently don't understand how this site works. Let me explain in this particular case.

The 32gb Vita memory card lists for $100.

The OP posted a deal of $83 shipped for the same card.

That makes this a deal, the price is reduced.

No one cares about your opinion of Sony's evil empire; leave that out of deals threads.

If you have nothing to offer in a deal thread other than to rant and rave about Sony, then just don't post in that thread. Simple as that. No one cares about your opinions about this, so just move on and STFU.[/QUOTE]

Did I ever say this deal shouldn't be posted? Also, thanks for explaining $80 is less than $100.

And you're implying that people need to either say "thanks for the amazing deal!" Or nothing at all? Sorry, nope...if I'm not impressed with a deal, I'll say so, as do most people here.

Where did I say sony is evil? You sure love to shove words in people's mouths.

don't like my opinion? That's fine, and I defend your right to think that. But don't tell people with different opinions to not post at all. That's pretty weak.

No one cares about my opinion? Considering you took the effort to make a lengthy post in response to me, id say at least one person does :)

Uhhh staying out of the shitstorm in this topic...

Having the 32 GB card is nice. I had a PSP with a 4gb card for the longest time and it always irritated me that I could not take all the games that i wanted on trips and such. When I bought a VIta I went ahead and sprung for this card as well. Very convenient for those that have a lot of games.

According to SD, Buy.com has a $10 coupon for new customers, but it comes up as an affiliate coupon, so I'm not sure how kosher it is to post such things here. i'm sure you can find the coupon with a google search if you are looking to cash in on the deal.

[quote name='bdb2m']According to SD, Buy.com has a $10 coupon for new customers, but it comes up as an affiliate coupon, so I'm not sure how kosher it is to post such things here. i'm sure you can find the coupon with a google search if you are looking to cash in on the deal.[/QUOTE]
If true, that's a very nice find!

[quote name='Vader582']^I'm pretty sure this guy just admitting to loving Hitler.

If true, that's a very nice find![/QUOTE]

^ pretty sure this guy is the most logical person in the world

[quote name='OregonDealz']ya completely over priced, regardless of the technology involved.[/QUOTE]

What tech? It's barely -BARELY - any faster than a standard 32gb SD card ($30)

It's best to wait for 3rd party vita cards, just like psp's pro duo

[quote name='bdb2m']Uhhh staying out of the shitstorm in this topic...

Having the 32 GB card is nice. I had a PSP with a 4gb card for the longest time and it always irritated me that I could not take all the games that i wanted on trips and such. When I bought a VIta I went ahead and sprung for this card as well. Very convenient for those that have a lot of games.

According to SD, Buy.com has a $10 coupon for new customers, but it comes up as an affiliate coupon, so I'm not sure how kosher it is to post such things here. i'm sure you can find the coupon with a google search if you are looking to cash in on the deal.[/QUOTE]

Totally agree with you here on the memory card size. I thought my 8gb would last but with 5 Vita games and my PSP library i quickly ran out of space. If i wanted to use the Vita for music and movies as well 8gb would have been worthless. My 32gb is great now.

[quote name='sukTHEfac']What tech? It's barely -BARELY - any faster than a standard 32gb SD card ($30)

It's best to wait for 3rd party vita cards, just like psp's pro duo[/QUOTE]

I won't argue whether it is smart to buy one of these cards or not, depends on who you are I guess, but as for 3rd party vita cards, it's not likely they will ever see release.

Here is the situation as I understand it, if this is wrong feel free to chime in:

Sandisk developed Pro Duo in conjunction with Sony. That allowed third parties to come out with memory cards right out of the gate. Whether it's true or not, this is often blamed for the ease of piracy on the PSP which turned publishers off to the device.

With Vita, Sony developed proprietary memory in part to assure publishers that piracy would be more difficult as they would have to licence any 3rd party to manufacture it. I don't think you will see 3rd party memory on this device any time soon, if ever.

I do believe some of this is stemmed from increasing profit margins(all console manufacturers do this) I also think Sony felt a lot of pressure from the publishers that if they created another device it had to be more difficult to hack.

[quote name='DeathMoJo']Totally agree with you here on the memory card size. I thought my 8gb would last but with 5 Vita games and my PSP library i quickly ran out of space. If i wanted to use the Vita for music and movies as well 8gb would have been worthless. My 32gb is great now.[/QUOTE]

A 32gb is better than an 8gb, eh? Wow, thanks for the insight! I'll surely pick one up now!

Ill share a similar opinion: I honestly think I'm better off with $1,000 instead of having $10. Not sure who'd agree, but it's just my opinion and insight!

[quote name='sukTHEfac']A 32gb is better than an 8gb, eh? Wow, thanks for the insight! I'll surely pick one up now!

Ill share a similar opinion: I honestly think I'm better off with $1,000 instead of having $10. Not sure who'd agree, but it's just my opinion and insight![/QUOTE]

I don't think you needed to be a jackass about it...

[quote name='bdb2m']I won't argue whether it is smart to buy one of these cards or not, depends on who you are I guess, but as for 3rd party vita cards, it's not likely they will ever see release.

Here is the situation as I understand it, if this is wrong feel free to chime in:

Sandisk developed Pro Duo in conjunction with Sony. That allowed third parties to come out with memory cards right out of the gate. Whether it's true or not, this is often blamed for the ease of piracy on the PSP which turned publishers off to the device.

With Vita, Sony developed proprietary memory in part to assure publishers that piracy would be more difficult as they would have to licence any 3rd party to manufacture it. I don't think you will see 3rd party memory on this device any time soon, if ever.

I do believe some of this is stemmed from increasing profit margins(all console manufacturers do this) I also think Sony felt a lot of pressure from the publishers that if they created another device it had to be more difficult to hack.[/QUOTE]

Interesting...I wouldn't know. But if that's true, then any reasonable person should be disgusted that Sony is making us pay for their mission to make more money.

And if it's true, then Sony and their vita devs would make more money, right? Wouldn't it be in their best interest to give then out at an affordable price, or even free?

Also, them not putting a measly 250mb internal storage for save files or allowing saves to live on cartridge as well- requiring us to buy one just for that simple purpose - leads me to believe it's purely for additional revenue and nothing more.

This anti piracy thing is nothing more than a cheap cop-out justification

bread's done
Back