PS Vita 3G $199.99 with 2 free games AT&T 11/30

BloodiedWraith

CAGiversary!
Just as a heads up on 11/30 the PS Vita 3G is going on clearance at AT&T for $199.99 with choice of two free games while supplies last. Games are as follows:

Hot Shots Golf
Uncharted
Wipeout
MLB 12

[quote name='slidecage']does the vita even have 3G anymore... i turned my vita on the other day and it said CONNECTION PROBLEMS .. the 3G does not even show up on the system anymore and i can only connect via wi fi only[/QUOTE]

As of looking at my vita right now, it has 3G full signal.

[quote name='BetaDemo']So what's the deal here? Is this a deal? Was this a deal?? And why can't people get this deal if it's real that it's a deal?[/QUOTE]

it's a deal with the devil named AT&T for a handheld that's tanking. :p

PS Vita is pretty cool, but we all can admit sony is shooting itself in the foot with it's pricing and lack of a goof future lineup.

[quote name='Fire2box']it's a deal with the devil named AT&T for a handheld that's tanking. :p

PS Vita is pretty cool, but we all can admit sony is shooting itself in the foot with it's pricing and lack of a goof future lineup.[/QUOTE]

I agree with Att possibly being the devil but you comment about the Vita is outdated by about 9months. I remember when the ps3 was doomed because it was too expensive and had no games and then bluray was a failed format and dey took r jerbs.

[quote name='Bayshun']No, sorry guys but it really isn't a better value. If you were to buy the Vita bundle at full price ($250 for Vita, AC3, and 4 gig stick), three months of Plus ($18), and All-Stars ($40) you'd be paying $308. You paid $180, a savings of $128.

With this bundle you are getting a 3G Vita ($300 and 8 gig stick), two games (up to $40 each depending on what you choose) for a total cost of $380. You pay $199, a savings of $181.

Yes Uncharted and Wipeout are free with PS Plus, but that's only as long as you maintain a paid subscription ($50 a year at the cheapest), and there's no guarantee that those games will remain available forever (which they haven't in the past).[/QUOTE]

How about "it doesn't matter, because a) the Amazon deal is over with anyway, and b) value is in the eye of the beholder"? I don't give a crap about 3G, ended up getting Uncharted for free anyway because of PS+ (don't care if it goes away if I let my sub lapse, I'll be done with it in 3 months anyway), and would rather personally have AC:L and PS All-Stars than any two of the remaining three games (of which one- Wipeout- I'll also get to play for free for 3 months).

If someone else really wanted a black Vita, 3G, Hot Shots Golf, MLB 12, etc., this one may be the better deal. That's okay, I won't lose any sleep over it.

To those who do get a Vita, enjoy it! It's an awesome system and I'm glad I got one, but equally glad I waited for an awesome deal in order to do so.

[quote name='chopper731']I agree with Att possibly being the devil but you comment about the Vita is outdated by about 9months. I remember when the ps3 was doomed because it was too expensive and had no games and then bluray was a failed format and dey took r jerbs.[/QUOTE]

Agreed...the PSP was supposed to be doomed, too. Sure, it may have not done as well as hoped, but by the end of its life there were tons of really good games to play on it, which is the only thing that mattered to those who bought one. There are already plenty of good games to play on the Vita, and more will come as the user base expands.

Chat guy told me it doesn't require 2 year agreement. He said the 3G is month to month and I would just have to pay $199.99 + tax for the Vita today and would be charged $14.99 for the 250MB DataConnect Gaming data plan when I activate the device. Then I could cancel the service if I so choose and never have to pay for 3G again. I didn't pull the trigger; but if what he said is true, it's not that bad I guess.

[quote name='akathatoneguy']How about "it doesn't matter, because a) the Amazon deal is over with anyway, and b) value is in the eye of the beholder"? I don't give a crap about 3G, ended up getting Uncharted for free anyway because of PS+ (don't care if it goes away if I let my sub lapse, I'll be done with it in 3 months anyway), and would rather personally have AC:L and PS All-Stars than any two of the remaining three games (of which one- Wipeout- I'll also get to play for free for 3 months).

If someone else really wanted a black Vita, 3G, Hot Shots Golf, MLB 12, etc., this one may be the better deal. That's okay, I won't lose any sleep over it.

To those who do get a Vita, enjoy it! It's an awesome system and I'm glad I got one, but equally glad I waited for an awesome deal in order to do so.[/QUOTE]

I'm in the same boat as you. I waited on a great deal to snag a Vita. I paid $200 for the 3G launch bundle during the summer, and never looked back. I've invested around $400 into my Vita, and it's definitely worth it. The inclusion of PS+ is icing on the cake.

Man the requirement to get at least a month of data for $15 makes this deal even less appealing. I'm pretty sure the Vita only has month to month data. I told my friend about this since he missed out on the BF bundle(s). Seeing my vita now he wants one, and also a 3DS too I think.

$215 is an ok price for this bundle, but only if you forget about the BF deals.

I got my Vita PMed a couple weeks ago for $199 with COD and the gift card, but wish I could have snagged the Amazon deal for the games but not with the white Vita (prefer black). I too am glad I did as PS plus is awesome as is the fact I will get All-stars free when I buy the PS3 version!! Btw, is there any way of knowing what upcoming games will be Cross-buy? That will be a huge factor in choosing PS3 or 360 for cross-platform games.

Also, when you download a PS+ game, don't you have access to it until your account runs out? It's not just as long as its on sale is it?

Waiting for a 32-gb mem card deal....

Just to let everyone know...
I got this today cuz I really wanted a vita 3G for no reason.

I called ATT and they never heard about anything with games or an SD card. The only part of the sale is $100 off the MSRP.

No games, no SD card, just the system.
Unless you can find me somewhere that says otherwise.

[quote name='calmchaos']Just to let everyone know...
I got this today cuz I really wanted a vita 3G for no reason.

I called ATT and they never heard about anything with games or an SD card. The only part of the sale is $100 off the MSRP.

No games, no SD card, just the system.
Unless you can find me somewhere that says otherwise.[/QUOTE]

Whomever you spoke to probably didn't know what the deal was. It is live, however the barcode we scan isn't currently working for the free games. The bundle does come with an 8gb memory card in box. And incase anyone was wondering where I get this info from, I work for AT&T.

Thinking about this as a gift (already have a launch WiFi) but struggling even at my most optimistic to find a use for the 3G. It's a way outdated tech, it's too expensive, and it generally was just a bizarre choice. I think Sony really dropped the ball by not making PSN features like Trophies, Friends, Messages, Store and Near free over 3G (not unlike how some e-readers have free 3G for some functions). If a user wanted to use the browser and mail then they could buy a data plan.

Having said that, this is still a good deal even if you never use the 3G, I just hate that it can't be leveraged.

[quote name='Kazuya']Thinking about this as a gift (already have a launch WiFi) but struggling even at my most optimistic to find a use for the 3G. It's a way outdated tech, it's too expensive, and it generally was just a bizarre choice. I think Sony really dropped the ball by not making PSN features like Trophies, Friends, Messages, Store and Near free over 3G (not unlike how some e-readers have free 3G for some functions). If a user wanted to use the browser and mail then they could buy a data plan.

Having said that, this is still a good deal even if you never use the 3G, I just hate that it can't be leveraged.[/QUOTE]

I have a launch 3G Vita and I just turned off the 3G the day I got it, and never used it. I didn't sign up for AT&T's "data plan" and never intended to do so. I only got that system because they included a memory card. My advice to you: don't buy the 3G Vita for the 3G, but do buy it if you want a Vita and can find that system at a good price, with something included. Then just turn off the 3G and know its there in the future, if you can find a REASONABLE option to use it.

Games and memory card bundled with a Vita make it a much better deal, but the WiFi Vita is all you need, if you can find a good deal on one of those bundles. Even though I have a launch black Vita, I bit on one of the Amazon AC white Vita bundles, too good a deal to pass up; a backup for my existing Vita. Plus it comes with AC, All Stars, another memory card, and 3 months of PS+. Any good bundle with extra stuff like this is worth looking out for.

[quote name='calmchaos']So is there any way for me to get said games?[/QUOTE]

Best bet would be to go back and talk to a manager and explain the situation. They should know about the promotion. Technically the games are discounted separately and doesn't have to be sold as free with the vita. But you can just tell the manager that it should have been free with purchase and that the previous rep didn't know about the promotion. It'll depend on the manager if they give you a hard time.

It irritates me to no end how many dumb employees work for any company. There's a reason there are info hubs (in an AT&T employee's day to day duties MyCSP) that collate all the available promotions and need to know information.

There's a reason they have big flashing orange text that basically says "Hey read me!"

tl;dr
The employee you dealt with is obviously illiterate.

[quote name='BloodiedWraith']It irritates me to no end how many dumb employees work for any company. There's a reason there are info hubs (in an AT&T employee's day to day duties MyCSP) that collate all the available promotions and need to know information.

There's a reason they have big flashing orange text that basically says "Hey read me!"

tl;dr
The employee you dealt with is obviously illiterate.[/QUOTE]
Is this deal not online? My store has a Vita but no games. I can't even price match it, nothing on the site says free games.

[quote name='Mdesilva']Is this deal not online? My store has a Vita but no games. I can't even price match it, nothing on the site says free games.[/QUOTE]

As I said earlier in the thread I have no idea about online but I'm going to go ahead and venture a guess and say in store only?

Is there an advertisement somewhere that shows this deal? So when I call again I have more than just my word that it comes with games?

Thanks for help

[quote name='calmchaos']Is there an advertisement somewhere that shows this deal? So when I call again I have more than just my word that it comes with games?

Thanks for help[/QUOTE]

No advertisement, the people there should know of the deal.

FYI

The deal gets even better, once you add both games the price goes down to $160 depending on what games you bought.

It shows Vita as $99 and then the two $30 dollar games.

Walked out with a Vita + 2 MLB 12 The Shows for $170 after tax.

This was in store mid you, doesn't work for me online.

[quote name='DillonKC']No advertisement, the people there should know of the deal.

FYI

The deal gets even better, once you add both games the price goes down to $160 depending on what games you bought.

This was in store mid you, doesn't work for me online.[/QUOTE]

That is ymmv. The barcode for the free games isn't working, so they probably took off $100 instead of the actual price of the games.

[quote name='DillonKC']No advertisement, the people there should know of the deal.

FYI

$99 eh? i may have to stop by at&t

Just called and asked, the rep told me that it's $100 off with the 3G activation and that it's a 2 year contract that you can't do month to month. But they do have the 2 free games.

I checked this yesterday. They were only doing the deal if you signed up for a data plan. I called again today to talk to somebody else and play dumb. They said the deal is still live, but again said it was with a data plan. Pew.

Wow, surprised that you guys are being told that. Unless it changed (which I can check in s few minutes), they might only be doing that to get commission for an activation or really really just don't know the deal.

FYI

So what games make it what price? I'm not sure I understood this...

[quote name='Drclaw411']So what games make it what price? I'm not sure I understood this...[/QUOTE]

The 4 games in the promotion. Don't know what the other ones are.

As long as you get two games the system will ring up the Vita $99 and then add the games and there is your cost.

Vita $99
MLB 12 $30
MLB 12 $30

$160+tax

[quote name='DillonKC']The 4 games in the promotion. Don't know what the other ones are.

As long as you get two games the system will ring up the Vita $99 and then add the games and there is your cost.

Vita $99
MLB 12 $30
MLB 12 $30

$160+tax[/QUOTE]

So two games automatically make the vita $99?

I just ordered from a store in Colorado Springs and had to walk them through the deal. I even showed them the deal on slickdeals.net. The rep went to the back to talk to the manager and they saw the deal in one of their emails.

I paid 209.79. The games weren't coming off automatically so he manually put the Vita at 130, MLB at 29.99, and Hot Shots at 40.00. 199.99 total then tax.

I have to wait for it to be shipped to me since they didn't have anything in stock so we'll see how that works. Shipping was free.

I know it's not the $99 Vita and two $30 games but it works.

[quote name='Drclaw411']So two games automatically make the vita $99?[/QUOTE]

Yes

MLB is the cheapest game, so the lowest you can pay is $160.

Let me sum the deal up for everyone.

You do NOT need a 2 year agreement or activation to take advantage of the deal.

You can order the vita and have the deal if it is out of stock in store.

The vita will be $199 after mark down.

Games should be free with purchase. However, the barcode for the free games aren't working. What we have been doing is taking the additional cost of the games off the vita to even it out. If the rep takes off more than that, it's ymmv and you were very lucky.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='MisterFleX']Let me sum the deal up for everyone.

You do NOT need a 2 year agreement or activation to take advantage of the deal.

You can order the vita and have the deal if it is out of stock in store.

The vita will be $199 after mark down.

Games should be free with purchase. However, the barcode for the free games aren't working. What we have been doing is taking the additional cost of the games off the vita to even it out. If the rep takes off more than that, it's ymmv and you were very lucky.[/QUOTE]
So do you have to add a data plan for the first month to get this deal? or do you not need the data plan at all.

In store you do not need to activate or have a data plan at all for the deal. Anyone telling you otherwise is wrong. It says in the promotion we have in our systems in bold caps that it does not have to be activated. If the rep tells you it does in store, ask to speak to the manager.

MisterFleX is of course correct there are no data plans or contracts of any kind required in store.

Also, wow, another competent AT&T employees?! Two in one room, albeit a virtual one, is like seeing a unicorn in real life!

[quote name='MisterFleX']In store you do not need to activate or have a data plan at all for the deal. Anyone telling you otherwise is wrong. It says in the promotion we have in our systems in bold caps that it does not have to be activated. If the rep tells you it does in store, ask to speak to the manager.[/QUOTE]
Going to go try this I guess. I was unsure but the 8GB card and 2 games is pretty nice.

bread's done
Back