PS Vita 3G/Wi-Fi (Used, $120 - Recertified, $150) @ PayDeals

Amused when did you order your PS Vita? I only received a confirmation of shipment to FedEx on 6/13/13 an no further updates from it other than 6/14/13 will arrive to currently N/A. I hope it arrives okay. I will check too on Sunday or Monday at a local ATT store if they have a 16gb available.
About 2PM on the 11th, got in on this very early. FedEx's tracking is complete and utter rubbish though and it left NJ and made it to MI with nary an update in between until they filled in all the rest after it was delivered. With mine the information was transmitted to FedEx early on the 12th but they didn't actually pick it up until the 13th and it didn't even arrive at their sorting facility until about 9PM that evening. I wouldn't worry too much at this point since I, and the other couple people who mentioned getting theirs, ordered super early on in the sale and FedEx doesn't seem to be doing anyone any favors.

According to the fedex site, the delivery window was 9-3 today and they're off Sunday and Monday. Woo Hoo Fedex.

Promised photos and this was about the best I could get, really hard to capture an entirely black device in any detail.  Ignoring the fingerprint smudges that cover the entire thing, was perfectly new when it came but this thing is getting smudges just from being in the same room with human skin.  Included a shot of the P4G loading screen to show how perfect the screen is.  Folks weren't kidding when they said the 8GB fills up fast.  Sound Shapes, Gravity Rush, Wipeout 2048 and the Soul Sacrifice demo alone are nearly 6GB.

9qwxw0.jpg

10mvl3p.jpg

qn1y4l.jpg

Thanks for the update on the pre-owned. I hope mine is in similar condition. I'm in the same boat as aosora13, waiting for fedex to update so I have some idea of when it will get here.

Oh, one thing I forgot to mention that lends credence to the possibility that the recertified units are just repackages from AT&T is that the SIM card slot is filled with a plastic placeholder like you would usually see straight out of factory fresh.

I wonder if the site will restock. There's still time counting down on the sale pages.

Anyone who has previous business with Paydeals know if they sometimes get more units in?

This is an awesome deal. If you can snag a Vita for that cheap, by all means go for it! The Vita is a great system but only at the right price-- I wouldn't pay full retail value for one.

I wonder if the site will restock. There's still time counting down on the sale pages.

Anyone who has previous business with Paydeals know if they sometimes get more units in?
I wouldn't count on it, there are things that never came up sold out but were on the site earlier in the week that are now gone. That being said, according to Reddit and Slickdeals they have had these units a couple months ago (though at a higher price) so never say never but I wouldn't expect them this week.

just got mine in (pre owned) looks pretty flawless. doesn't have the covers on the top ports, other than that it looks perfect.
Thanks for posting your confirmation on the condition on the used version. I hope to get mine hopefully by Tuesday since I believe Monday, FedEx does not ship.

I got my used Vita in the mail yesterday and this thing looks perfect.  Great deal but I feel like I'm going to fill up a 32 gb memory card fast with playstation plus.

If the fact the used sales are still falling in price and the fact gamestop only gives $55 trade in value, there will be some $99 sales soon. I just figured $20 is a premium to not have to fight the horde.

Still waiting for mine...

Paydeals sent Fedex the shipment information for my Vita on Thursday, but didn't give them the actual package until about 20 minutes ago. On the upside it should only take a day to get here.

Well, I think I might have found a small defect with my system but nothing that I can't live with for the price.  The screen seems to have some... I don't even know what to call it... burn in, residual something?  It only shows up when the backlight is on and the screen's not actively displaying anything.  It's really hard to describe because it doesn't show at all when there's anything on the screen and even when there's a video of a logo that's 95% black screen it doesn't show up.  It shows up in those moments when the system's being slow in transitioning to the next thing it's going to show (usually between a video and a load screen).  The "issue" is super minor and the screen doesn't show it in any other way but it's always consistent when it does show up so it might even just be the way the screen is joined to the glass, never had a Vita before so have no frame of reference.  Like I said though, still super happy and would buy it again in a heartbeat.

Well, I think I might have found a small defect with my system but nothing that I can't live with for the price. The screen seems to have some... I don't even know what to call it... burn in, residual something? It only shows up when the backlight is on and the screen's not actively displaying anything. It's really hard to describe because it doesn't show at all when there's anything on the screen and even when there's a video of a logo that's 95% black screen it doesn't show up. It shows up in those moments when the system's being slow in transitioning to the next thing it's going to show (usually between a video and a load screen). The "issue" is super minor and the screen doesn't show it in any other way but it's always consistent when it does show up so it might even just be the way the screen is joined to the glass, never had a Vita before so have no frame of reference. Like I said though, still super happy and would buy it again in a heartbeat.
I think that those are the black botches that should be normal from the PS Vita screen. Are they botches all around when the screen is black?

totally normal if so.

I think that those are the black botches that should be normal from the PS Vita screen. Are they botches all around when the screen is black?

totally normal if so.
Basically, like I said I just don't know the Vita well enough to have assumed that; glad it's normal though and likely just a result of how the two pieces are bonded. Wasn't super worried since it was only showing up in those odd moments when the backlight was on but the screen wasn't actually displaying any pixels.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just discovered the dreaded phrase "Package not due for delivery" and why Fedex is so annoying.  First of all it was supposed to be picked up Wednesday, but wasn't, they got it Thursday.  I can understand that and I've been patient but today I've discovered that it's been in the next town since Saturday and yet for some insane reason they absolutely won't deliver it until it's scheduled date on Tuesday. 

I understand that they probably used the 2 or 3 business day service, but how is it good business to let a package sit locally around until the day it must be delivered.  This practice does not inspire a small businessperson to like myself to drop using the local post office any time soon.  I would get nailed with such horrible delivery feedback stars on my ebay sales for stunts like this.  People tend to expect something to be delivered that day and not wait 3 extra days when it's only 10 miles away and sitting there for deliverly. 

Date/Time Activity  Location
 -  6/17/2013  -  Monday
9:48 am At local FedEx facility  ORISKANY, NY
 Package not due for delivery
9:48 am At local FedEx facility  ORISKANY, NY

-  6/15/2013  -  Saturday
10:50 am At local FedEx facility  ORISKANY, NY
 Package not due for delivery

-  6/14/2013  -  Friday
11:50 pm At destination sort facility  SYRACUSE, NY
6:50 pm Departed FedEx location  NEWARK, NJ

-  6/13/2013  -  Thursday
10:54 pm Arrived at FedEx location  NEWARK, NJ
10:30 pm Left FedEx origin facility  EDISON, NJ
5:45 pm Picked up  EDISON, NJ

-  6/12/2013  -  Wednesday
1:48 pm Shipment information sent to FedEx

Anyway, I so need a memory card and a game now.  It's just there is nothing immediate for me to get.  I like my Japanese games and there are a few on there like Disgaea 3, Muramasa, the Atelier series, Zero Escape, and Persona 4 but all of which I already have on prior systems, so they can wait.  Dragon's Crown and Ys is due out before too long and that Gravity Rush seems great.  I always get my Hot Shots Golf for every Sony system out there as well as the newest Katamari.  Yet at the moment there is nothing for me to rush right out and get this week to play on it.  I'll probably end up getting Dragon's Crown for my first Vita game.  I do hope for more obscure Japanese type games in 2014 though as there does not seem to be that many planned for 2013.  I'm really hoping it won't just die away and leave me with so few games like the Neo Geo Pocket. I know it's supposed to have big plans for the PS4, but I still feel a little nervous that I got a system with so few new games to play that I actually care about. 

I just discovered the dreaded phrase "Package not due for delivery" and why Fedex is so annoying. First of all it was supposed to be picked up Wednesday, but wasn't, they got it Thursday. I can understand that and I've been patient but today I've discovered that it's been in the next town since Saturday and yet for some insane reason they absolutely won't deliver it until it's scheduled date on Tuesday.

Anyway, I so need a memory card and a game now. It's just there is nothing immediate for me to get. I like my Japanese games and there are a few on there like Disgaea 3, Muramasa, the Atelier series, Zero Escape, and Persona 4 but all of which I already have on prior systems, so they can wait. Dragon's Crown and Ys is due out before too long and that Gravity Rush seems great. I always get my Hot Shots Golf for every Sony system out there as well as the newest Katamari. Yet at the moment there is nothing for me to rush right out and get this week to play on it. I'll probably end up getting Dragon's Crown for my first Vita game. I do hope for more obscure Japanese type games in 2014 though as there does not seem to be that many planned for 2013. I'm really hoping it won't just die away and leave me with so few games like the Neo Geo Pocket. I know it's supposed to have big plans for the PS4, but I still feel a little nervous that I got a system with so few new games to play that I actually care about.
I feel your pain, that's something UPS used to do like 7-10 years ago and FedEx used to deliver it as fast as it was going to get there regardless of the service paid for. Used to love that Newegg used FedEx for their free shipping back then because I would always get my stuff in two days. Now UPS will usually get me my packages a day ahead of schedule and are so much more reliable; it's funny how two competitors flip flop like that.

As far as the memory goes don't cheap out and get at least a 16GB, I bought two 8GBs and quickly learned that was a mistake for several reasons. 8GB was only getting me 4 moderate sized games, it's kind of a pain to switch memory cards if you end up with multiple, even worse if you want to have multiple cards for multiple accounts (have to factory reset the system each time you want to swap), and these things are tiny as in smaller than a dime so good luck keeping track of multiple cards. After three days I'm fed up with the small card nonsense and just ordered a used 32GB off Amazon so I can return these two small cards before the return period's up. Also if you're a PS+ subscriber Gravity Rush is still free on it and tomorrow Gods Eater Burst will be available. If you're not see if you can get someone to give you one of the free month codes from the E3 Home thing and you'll have a month to play them.

fairyland, thanks for putting the info for the FedEx shipping. I thought I was the only one who just had his notification updated (and not crazy). I ordered it on the day you received notification 6/12/13. I was able to get an 8gb for $15 from AT&T. Unfortunately, I wanted the 16gb for $30 but it was not available. They recently stopped selling the PS Vita at their stores but still offer a contract on the data plan and some accessories. I think in March there was a sale on their memory cards and most cards that are reasonably priced at $50 for 32gb and $30 for 16gb were sold out within the day. 

I was thinking about the library for the PS Vita is weak compared to Sony's library for the Sony PSP (Good system but underrated). I think that Dragon's crown looks good. I might purchase it on the first day. I hope it does not go out like the Neogeo Pocket (Although I saw it released but never bought that system).

I was thinking about the library for the PS Vita is weak compared to Sony's library for the Sony PSP (Good system but underrated). I think that Dragon's crown looks good. I might purchase it on the first day. I hope it does not go out like the Neogeo Pocket (Although I saw it released but never bought that system).
The retail selection is extremely weak, there's a lot more variety on PSN though still not necessarily a huge number of titles. Hopefully, they'll keep pushing the system with the PS4 and find a way to leverage that connectivity to finally get enough Vitas out there to incentivize more development. Everything Sony's said is that they're committed to the Vita being a key part of the PS4 life cycle and I doubt they would build the game streaming into the PS4 as such a big feature if they didn't mean to follow through on that. It will obviously take other benefits to get the system moving as well but it's a good show of their commitment in my mind and a tangible benefit for the average casual gamer and parent.

Still waiting for my Vita to arrive. I deleted the e-mail with the tracking information and failed to make an account.

Hopefully it shows in the next day or two or I'll be contacting PayDeals directly. XD

Mine is out for delivery today, will post pictures (if necessary) of the condition when I get home from work tonight. Just got a ps3 yesterday so I have some of the PS+ Vita stuff downloaded and ready to be transferred over to the Vita right away. I should probably try and find someone willing to trade PSN credit for MSP so I can get some more PS3/Vita games.

I finally received my pre-owned PS Vita. It has no covers for where the game and usb are and a few tiny blemishes (really tiny). It looks nice but I need some time to charge it. I will see if I can show a few pictures. 

Perhaps these were all AT&T returns and the "Used" ones just weren't re-certified (enough parts and good enough condition to take it back, but not able to be called "like new".)

Yeah the only port that was covered I believe was the memory card. I still think that it is not a bad thing but it would be nice to have the covers.

Has anyone else checked their error codes on the machine?  Mine had a few.  One of them I cannot find online, but it seems mostly connection errors.  I hope nothing serious with any of them. 

C2-12828-1

C2-10962-8

C2-10520-8

NP-2066-4

NP-8677-8

NP-5722-6

NP-2245-3

NP-5722-6

Appears to have been bought at the end of October and last used in December if the error codes are any indication of things.  

Mine has this large scratch on the back where it looks like someone took a nail to it.  Does not seem to effect play though when I tested it in that park demo.  A minor scratch on the front top and some scuffs here and there, but nothing that wouldn't happen within a week of my playing it anyway.  No dead pixels or anything.  It's missing the cover to the top like everyone elses but that's not a biggie to me.  For some reason it thinks I have a 14 GB memory card.  I guess I have to install a new card for it to update that data.  I'm pretty happy with it so far for the price.  Just need a game to play on it now. Thinking of getting that Gravity Rush as I'm excited to play this. 

Has anyone else checked their error codes on the machine? Mine had a few. One of them I cannot find online, but it seems mostly connection errors. I hope nothing serious with any of them.
Hmm, I have no error codes in the history so I'm assuming that's a good thing.

For some reason it thinks I have a 14 GB memory card.
Someone on another Deals site said theirs came with a 16GB card inserted. Maybe you have a 16GB stuck in there.
That's perfectly normal if you've got a 16GB card in there, 14GB is the amount of space one of those will have usable when considering the proper size of a gigabyte and whatever the system does to the card.

Got my used unit in.

There are a few very small scratches on the back, hardly worth mentioning. Front touchscreen is flawless. The big thing is that one of the corner rings is broken clean off: http://i3.minus.com/ibwIyO0AFuEZQN.jpg

Honestly I don't care about the ring itself; I didn't even notice it right away. I'm more worried that it broke off in a drop that might have damaged something inside.

I've only had one problem so far, and I also solved it. I plugged it in and let it charge for a bit before going through system setup, then I put it back down to charge for a few hours. When I came back I noticed that the touch screen didn't work when the system was plugged in, but worked fine when it was unplugged. After a little trial and error I figured out it was the garbage generic AC adapter that they sent with the system (box shown in the picture above- enjoy the engrish). I plugged the usb cable into another usb power adapter I have and it works fine. The junky one they sent must be interfering with the touchscreen somehow. Incorrect/unstable voltage to the system or something maybe. In any case, if anyone else is having that problem try a different adapter. I'm not sure why it worked fine the initial time I used it, but maybe it only affects the touchscreen when the battery is full / near full?

So far I'm happy with it. As I said I'm a little worried about what caused the ring to break off, but I haven't had any problems but the one that I already solved, so I'll just have to see how it holds up.

Just for attaching a strap if you want one I guess. I didn't notice mine was gone until after I had already done system setup and charged it. It looked normal because the PSP has one on one side but not the other.

Got my used unit in.

There are a few very small scratches on the back, hardly worth mentioning. Front touchscreen is flawless. The big thing is that one of the corner rings is broken clean off: http://i3.minus.com/ibwIyO0AFuEZQN.jpg

Honestly I don't care about the ring itself; I didn't even notice it right away. I'm more worried that it broke off in a drop that might have damaged something inside.

I've only had one problem so far, and I also solved it. I plugged it in and let it charge for a bit before going through system setup, then I put it back down to charge for a few hours. When I came back I noticed that the touch screen didn't work when the system was plugged in, but worked fine when it was unplugged. After a little trial and error I figured out it was the garbage generic AC adapter that they sent with the system (box shown in the picture above- enjoy the engrish). I plugged the usb cable into another usb power adapter I have and it works fine. The junky one they sent must be interfering with the touchscreen somehow. Incorrect/unstable voltage to the system or something maybe. In any case, if anyone else is having that problem try a different adapter. I'm not sure why it worked fine the initial time I used it, but maybe it only affects the touchscreen when the battery is full / near full?

So far I'm happy with it. As I said I'm a little worried about what caused the ring to break off, but I haven't had any problems but the one that I already solved, so I'll just have to see how it holds up.
Check the Best Buy clearance page and find your local store(s), the first party power adapter is $5.99 if they still have it.

oh wow i didn't even notice that on mine. the left ring on the bottom is gone. Is that used for anything?
Pinky supports?

The only thing that I do not have on my used PS Vita are the covers for the game and multi area. Other than that it is working. I actually received a Sony PSP charger so no problems with the touch screen. I guess the used Vitas are different but overall good purchase. The only issue now is that I can only install a few games on my Vita because I have a 8gb memory card although I wished AT&T store where I live had the 16gb available. I guess I did not think I would buy a Vita a few months ago.

Edit: I mean I received the junk charger off brand too. However, there is no problems charging. I am still a little annoyed with the top covers that should be there for the game slot and the multi accessory port but for paying only $120 it is a good buy without paying $200 and/or $300 for an kit with only a 4gb memory card.

My used model came with a junk charger and the top flap was ripped off. Other than that, the front screen was flawless, and there were a couple scratches on the back touch panel almost like someone tried using a stylus on it. At first I thought the memory card reader was bad, but apparently it was just the one I had gotten in a starter kit. Fortunately I had just picked up two 4GB from Best Buy so everything was fine. I fixed the charger issue by using my spare PSP Go charger with an official USB cable.

It doesn't bother you about the sim card other than displaying "No SIM" in the top bar where an AT&T logo would go.

bread's done
Back