PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like Thorbahn just tweeted the Superbeat deal, so if you want it at the lower price now you might as well jump on it.
z7Q2gtj.gif

I've been kind of quiet while watching prices fall hoping people would not notice the deals and ruin them. I dropped a bunch of games from my shopping lists on Amazon and the only one moving in price for Vita (that I'm tracking) has been Superbeat XONiC. It's still moving as it was $29.36 yesterday morning and was $27.70 this morning. So yeah, people wait... it could be $20 in 5 more days at this rate.

Is it on sale somewhere? Amazon is still at $29.99
I haven't looked in a week but it was a few bucks less on nfm.com. But I think Amazon is the better deal by just spending another $5+ and getting the free shipping... or waiting a month or so for them to pop up used at GS.

Gamestop.com somehow had at least one used copy of EDF2 available at $24.99, so I picked that up with CAG16 (and free shipping somehow despite being under $25) for $20.02 after tax. Hopefully it arrives complete.

Don't look now, but two more games on Amazon have begun a pricing decent.

$39.10 - Code: Realize Guardian of Rebirth

http://www.amazon.com/Code-Realize-Guardian-Rebirth-PlayStation-Vita/dp/B00WU6H78U/

$39.00 - Dungeon Travelers 2: The Royal Library & the Monster Seal

http://www.amazon.com/Dungeon-Travelers-Royal-Library-Monster-PlayStation/dp/B00W1KYT2C/

And check out what GameStop has put up for pre-order.:

http://www.gamestop.com/ps-vita/games/assassins-creed-chronicles/127446
is that AC physical or just a case with a download voucher? cause it doesnt say and cant see the cover that good

is that AC physical or just a case with a download voucher? cause it doesnt say and cant see the cover that good
I'm inclined to say it's a physical game card (yay!), because game cases with vouchers inside them (Minecraft and MLB 15) explicitly say at the top that it's only a voucher. Unless that art isn't final.

I'm inclined to say it's a physical game card (yay!), because game cases with vouchers inside them (Minecraft and MLB 15) explicitly say at the top that it's only a voucher. Unless that art isn't final.
that what I was thinking but looking at the cover next to the memory card icon it look like a large number for memory but can't enlarge the pic and the numbers are small and blurry

that what I was thinking but looking at the cover next to the memory card icon it look like a large number for memory but can't enlarge the pic and the numbers are small and blurry
I see "Memory Required xxxx KB" then the same thing repeated in two other languages (French & Spanish?). Ubisoft likes to do multi-language game boxes, IIRC.

Don't look now, but two more games on Amazon have begun a pricing decent.

$39.10 - Code: Realize Guardian of Rebirth

http://www.amazon.com/Code-Realize-Guardian-Rebirth-PlayStation-Vita/dp/B00WU6H78U/

$39.00 - Dungeon Travelers 2: The Royal Library & the Monster Seal

http://www.amazon.com/Dungeon-Travelers-Royal-Library-Monster-PlayStation/dp/B00W1KYT2C/

And check out what GameStop has put up for pre-order.:

http://www.gamestop.com/ps-vita/games/assassins-creed-chronicles/127446
Code: Realize and Dungeon Travelers 2 are worth it. Code Realize was likely the best console VN I played this year (still need to play Danganronpa 2....). Great Otome game with good characters. Dungeon Travelers 2 was also my favorite dungeon crawler this year. Nice that you get some T&A with some risque imagery and dialogue now and then. It's very tame and just a bit ecchi. It also has a fair challenge and some boss fights are very hard. Also has an extensive end game I haven't gone into yet but it ratchets up the difficulty and such, and platinum doesn't require mastering that so that's a plus.

I'm waiting very patiently for xonic...I think I will bite around the $21 mark.

Dungeon Travelers has stayed at $39 for a while now, it wasn't dropping, actually I think it increased. Corpse Party/P4DAN LE at all time lows. Dengeki PSV also at sub $23, and Hatsune Miku Project Diva F2 started to drop.

Funny that we stopped the Beetlejuice count at 2... oops.

On the payment page, there is a text button below credit card info that expands to put in a coupon.
i'm using paypal. i don't even see a place where i can use a credit card (not that i want to).

EDIT: i figured it out. for some reason there wasn't even a payment screen for me. it went straight from shipping to confirmation.

In case anyone hasn't used it yet, you have until 12/31/15 to get the $15 statement credit on orders of $15 or more for using Chase Freedom card through Visa Checkout. Applies for Best Buy purchases as well, used it to place preorder on Trials of Cold Steel.

Edit: Statement credit appears in 1-2 billing cycles

I'm waiting very patiently for xonic...I think I will bite around the $21 mark.
It's dropped another $0.22 since this morning... I think if it keeps going we'll be on target for Tuesday to see it around that price. I'd be fine with $21, but I'm not opposed to paying less if it keeps dropping.

i'm using paypal. i don't even see a place where i can use a credit card (not that i want to).

EDIT: i figured it out. for some reason there wasn't even a payment screen for me. it went straight from shipping to confirmation.
Yeah I couldn't get it to work with PayPal either. Had to pay with cc to use the coupon. It may work if you choose normal checkout at first, then choose PayPal on the payment page after putting in the coupon.

Yeah I couldn't get it to work with PayPal either. Had to pay with cc to use the coupon. It may work if you choose normal checkout at first, then choose PayPal on the payment page after putting in the coupon.
I can confirm using normal checkout and then selecting paypal on the payment page lets you use coupons with paypal, I did it the other day.

I'm surprised people can still use that holiday coupon though, the news page for it says "This coupon is valid from December 14th, 2015 to December 15th 12:00PM HKT (GMT +8)"

I can confirm using normal checkout and then selecting paypal on the payment page lets you use coupons with paypal, I did it the other day.

I'm surprised people can still use that holiday coupon though, the news page for it says "This coupon is valid from December 14th, 2015 to December 15th 12:00PM HKT (GMT +8)"
They must have changed it. I was wondering why it was faded out on the calendar as if it was out of stock. Sucks that day doesn't last to the 20th like the rest.

Has anyone played that Superbeat:Xonic game that showed up on the front page of CAG?  I've never heard of it, but I'm curious how it compares to Frequency/Amplitude/Rock Band Blitz/etc.

Thanks!

i used the $5 coupon "SHAREJOYWEALTH". it works until the 20th. not sure if that's the one you're talking about or not.

Has anyone played that Superbeat:Xonic game that showed up on the front page of CAG? I've never heard of it, but I'm curious how it compares to Frequency/Amplitude/Rock Band Blitz/etc.

Thanks!
look up some videos on it, There been videos of someone playing it before the game was out. I still don't know half the controls since some times it look like the dood was just floating across the controls.

The coupon was originally listed as Dec 14 - 20. I can't access the coupon page anymore so not sure if they changed it.
http://www.play-asia.com/day-14-coupon-code/5f/7473x

Has anyone played that Superbeat:Xonic game that showed up on the front page of CAG? I've never heard of it, but I'm curious how it compares to Frequency/Amplitude/Rock Band Blitz/etc.

Thanks!
I love it. The best example I can probably think of is a cross between Amplitude and Hatsune Miku Project Diva. It is quite challenging, but there are a lot of tracks and it's just a blast to play. I'm also glad they are doing DLC (hopefully in the US as well) for it, unlike PM's last game DJMax Technika Tune.

It's dropped another $0.22 since this morning... I think if it keeps going we'll be on target for Tuesday to see it around that price. I'd be fine with $21, but I'm not opposed to paying less if it keeps dropping.
Last week this same thing transpired. The same games, with the exception of Superbeat Xonic, did a steady price decline until the wee hours of Friday morning when they suddenly spiked back to full MSRP. I am seriously in doubt that the prices on these will continue to drop beyond tonight.

I'm really tempted to use the Play-Asia coupon for a 64GB memory card, but part of me feels that around Christmas they'll do a percent off discount resulting in more than $5 off. Hm.

I'm really tempted to use the Play-Asia coupon for a 64GB memory card, but part of me feels that around Christmas they'll do a percent off discount resulting in more than $5 off. Hm.
Depends if you need that 64 gig now.....I know I pretty much filled my 32 gig so when I bought my 64 gig it was a no brainer.

Last week this same thing transpired. The same games, with the exception of Superbeat Xonic, did a steady price decline until the wee hours of Friday morning when they suddenly spiked back to full MSRP. I am seriously in doubt that the prices on these will continue to drop beyond tonight.
I started tracking the price of Superbeat Xonic last Thursday. It was $35.90 Thursday morning and the same price Friday. I didn't pay too much attention Saturday and Sunday but Monday morning it was $32.55 signifying a continual drop. Tuesday $30.72, yesterday $29.36 and this morning $27.70. It's currently $27.27.

If it does spike back up, it'll be interesting as one of the other games I'm following did spike on the weekend. Not to full MSRP but up about $6 from where it was and then started falling again (as if people bought the game and then stopped) and it's already back to where it was last Thursday. The more we can figure out from this stuff the easier it'll be to predict. As is though, beyond the automated pricing thing to contend with (and what spikes it may have preset) we also have to deal with people actually buying game and driving the price up that way. Same for a game selling out and a third party seller taking over as the seller until Amazon get's more stock.

I'm close. Only about 2GB's left. How was the transfer process? I assume you downloaded to a PC and then back onto the new 64GB?
The transfer process take a bit. Yes I downloaded to the pc and then uploaded to the 64 gig card. For some reason cable transferring failed twice so I did WiFi transfer and put it to the pc and then back taking a few hours cause of the WiFi. Likely goes a lot faster through the cable but was erroring for me that day and really didn't have the time for that.

The transfer process take a bit. Yes I downloaded to the pc and then uploaded to the 64 gig card. For some reason cable transferring failed twice so I did WiFi transfer and put it to the pc and then back taking a few hours cause of the WiFi. Likely goes a lot faster through the cable but was erroring for me that day and really didn't have the time for that.
transferring my 8 gig only took a few minutes via the cable so it goes much quicker when you're hard wired

bread's done
Back