PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
I received my Gohastings order today. Persona 4 is sealed. Nice.
Some of my orders arrived today too. Persona 4, Muramasa, Spy Hunter and Ben 10 Galactic Racing are all sealed with the Y fold. I'm wondering if they are factory sealed or they were resealed. If they were resealed, the seal looks really good. The Sly Cooper Collection is sealed, but it isn't with a Y fold. That one looks like it was resealed. I'm not sure about the others. Does Gohastings convert new games to preowned like Gamestop?

I also received some Xbox One, PS4, and 360 games as well as some blurays from gohastings today that all look pretty good so far. My Gamefly year end order of games game through today too. Late Merry Christmas to myself I guess.

I don't have many VITA games for my PlayStation TV, but I would like people's opinions, is Ragnarok Odyssey or Toukiden: Kiwami better? I already have Soul Sacrifice Delta and Freedom Wars, and I like them a lot. I am also eagerly awaiting God Eater 2 Burst coming to the states. I don't have a PS4, and my PS3 has a tiny overfilled Harddrive. So, I figured that I would get the VITA versions of these games. Toukiden is on sale for $27, which is really tempting, but Ragnarok is only $20.

Some of my orders arrived today too. Persona 4, Muramasa, Spy Hunter and Ben 10 Galactic Racing are all sealed with the Y fold. I'm wondering if they are factory sealed or they were resealed. If they were resealed, the seal looks really good. The Sly Cooper Collection is sealed, but it isn't with a Y fold. That one looks like it was resealed. I'm not sure about the others. Does Gohastings convert new games to preowned like Gamestop?
When you open Sly Cooper, if the code for SLY 3 is missing or used then you'll know that they resealed it.

My Amazon order for Steins Gate still shows a status of "Not yet shipped", despite having ordered it within an hour or two of someone posting the deal on here originally.

You guys should count your blessings that your used Hastings games didn't turn out like this:

That was NEW.
Call gohastings and tell them what happened. They're usually really good about giving you a partial refund, or sometimes if you're lucky, they'll give you a full refund, and tell you to just keep it. Definitely worth a shot.

My Amazon order for Steins Gate still shows a status of "Not yet shipped", despite having ordered it within an hour or two of someone posting the deal on here originally.
Yep, same. Let's just hope they do get more stock. They obviously expect more cause they are taking backorders, so we should be fine but I'm always nervous until it ships. Had to many cancelled (admittedly that's mostly from Amazon Warehouse Deals).

Yep, same. Let's just hope they do get more stock. They obviously expect more cause they are taking backorders, so we should be fine but I'm always nervous until it ships. Had to many cancelled (admittedly that's mostly from Amazon Warehouse Deals).
they took backorders for one piece pirate warriors 3 and they were taking back orders for literally a whole 24 hours period when they had it for $20 and they canceled all the back orders for that title this week.

they took backorders for one piece pirate warriors 3 and they were taking back orders for literally a whole 24 hours period when they had it for $20 and they canceled all the back orders for that title this week.
I don't think Amazon cancel they exclusive item. I got light fx figure on back ordered & they shipped very quick. Still waits for one piece as well and will get my copy Steins Gate monday :)

I don't have many VITA games for my PlayStation TV, but I would like people's opinions, is Ragnarok Odyssey or Toukiden: Kiwami better? I already have Soul Sacrifice Delta and Freedom Wars, and I like them a lot. I am also eagerly awaiting God Eater 2 Burst coming to the states. I don't have a PS4, and my PS3 has a tiny overfilled Harddrive. So, I figured that I would get the VITA versions of these games. Toukiden is on sale for $27, which is really tempting, but Ragnarok is only $20.
you could try the demos? Personally I don't like ragnarok of what little I played. It was interesting but there was no balance between fodder enemies and op sand bag bosses.

they also took backorders for tactics ogre luct though when they were offering 4$ new and the orders kept on those and I got my copy 6 or so months after I ordered it. So you never know.

they also took backorders for tactics ogre luct though when they were offering 4$ new and the orders kept on those and I got my copy 6 or so months after I ordered it. So you never know.
I forgot about that. :rofl:

Think it went on sale for like $5 in the months in between or something and I cancelled it.

So Superbeat Xonic. I see a lot of you are thinking its kinda hard too, lol. I actually had a question: Do you guys play it with the touchscreen or buttons? I usually hate touchscreen controls but i find this game very hard to play with the buttons. Maybe its because i have one of the white vitas so my buttons aren't color coded but its really difficult for me to use the face buttons with this game. Ive been just using the touchscreen but its still pretty difficult for me. Just wondering which route you guys do

Also is there a way to play the tutorial again? WHen i first started it up i got interrupted by a friend and kinda missed it

Got my games from the GoHastings sale. They were brand new with a sticker on the wrapper saying used. Very happy for the price.
Yea, odds are that is used. THey just reseal their games

I actually had a question: Do you guys play it with the touchscreen or buttons? I usually hate touchscreen controls but i find this game very hard to play with the buttons. Maybe its because i have one of the white vitas so my buttons aren't color coded but its really difficult for me to use the face buttons with this game. Ive been just using the touchscreen but its still pretty difficult for me. Just wondering which route you guys do
Touchscreen personally. Touchscreen makes it easy to clear difficult songs because of how many notes you can register compared to button. If that is awkward, then try a mix of both.

The slides and swipes destroy me on the harder difficulties when using the buttons but it's hard for me to use the touchscreen when switching to 6trax FX since the L/R buttons are a pain to hit when using touch controls for me since I prefer putting the system down on a table or something when playing. 

Which is exactly why I'm nervous. Still, I'm trying to remain positive though ;)

Obviously, they oversold their stock since they charged my bank then refunded it shortly after. Likely because they went to fullfill the order and realised there was no stock available. Still doesn't make sense why some have said their copy has shipped since.

The slides and swipes destroy me on the harder difficulties when using the buttons but it's hard for me to use the touchscreen when switching to 6trax FX since the L/R buttons are a pain to hit when using touch controls for me since I prefer putting the system down on a table or something when playing.
That's the main reason I switched to touch screen to start with, going back and forth from buttons to sticks was just too much for me.

Same. I placed my order at 1:30pm Eastern on 12/25. I have Prime, but picked No Rush Shipping. It says "Preparing for Shipment" tomorrow and "On time" delivery on 1/5.

So Superbeat Xonic. I see a lot of you are thinking its kinda hard too, lol. I actually had a question: Do you guys play it with the touchscreen or buttons? I usually hate touchscreen controls but i find this game very hard to play with the buttons. Maybe its because i have one of the white vitas so my buttons aren't color coded but its really difficult for me to use the face buttons with this game. Ive been just using the touchscreen but its still pretty difficult for me. Just wondering which route you guys do

Also is there a way to play the tutorial again? WHen i first started it up i got interrupted by a friend and kinda missed it

Yea, odds are that is used. THey just reseal their games
my vesperia copy was sealed with the ms sticker still on it. lower corner of the case was smashed to fuck though because gohastings mailers back then were basically just a plastic bag with no bubble wrap.

Second copy I ordered the case was smashed where the ms sticker goes though so I can't tell if it was new or not. But judging by the shards of plastic from the case in the bubble mailer I'm guessing it might of been new and was definitely damaging during shipping. Disc and manual an coverart are surprisingly all fine though. The odd part is the bubble mailer looks fine so I don't get how the damage transfered through the bubble mailer and into the package.

Good news, everyone.  Amazon understands how I feel about my Trails of Cold Steel still not being delivered.  They assure me though that this delay is just because the truck left late, and that it will surely be delivered (even though it is Sunday and would be too late even IF they delivered today).

I'm feeling pretty good.  It's nice to know that the C/S rep completely understands how I feel.

I'm figuring out how I like Xonic.  So far, PS3 controller on PSTV is best, followed by buttons, then touch?  But only played a few hours.  IA/VT Colorful is next on the list.  Just sampling all my new goodies first before diving in.  Every Vita game is now on my 16GB card, PSP on 8GB, and PSone on 4GB.  Works out alright.  Wish I had one big one, but too much $/GB.  Sony's still stupid with that... 

Good news, everyone. Amazon understands how I feel about my Trails of Cold Steel still not being delivered. They assure me though that this delay is just because the truck left late, and that it will surely be delivered (even though it is Sunday and would be too late even IF they delivered today).

I'm feeling pretty good. It's nice to know that the C/S rep completely understands how I feel.
I get deliveries on Sunday fairly often from Amazon, but it really is too damn late at this point, lol.

Do I need to play the other Trails game or am I ok with picking up the newest one on vita ?
Trails of Cold Steel? Yes you can start with that one since it is the first game in a trilogy. Trails in the Sky FC and SC are part of a different arc.

So sounds like most of you just use touch screen controls for Xonic. Guess i'll try to get used to that too. Buttons just seem too hard, especially since my vita doesn't have colors on its buttons.

Gotta ask again though: is there any way to replay the tutorial? I missed it when it first started because a friend was distracting me. Im not sure how you use buttons for stuff on the left side of the screen if your not using touch controls

So sounds like most of you just use touch screen controls for Xonic. Guess i'll try to get used to that too. Buttons just seem too hard, especially since my vita doesn't have colors on its buttons.

Gotta ask again though: is there any way to replay the tutorial? I missed it when it first started because a friend was distracting me. Im not sure how you use buttons for stuff on the left side of the screen if your not using touch controls
The directional keys. Top/Triangle, Left/Circle, Down/Cross.

Although not advertised, the LBP3 Marvel DLC Super Pack for PS4 and PS3 also unlocks for LBP Vita (6 packs, 30 costumes). Not sure if the level kit works though. LBP Marvel DLC will no longer be available after 2015, so pickup now if interested for $14.35 with PS+: https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/addons/lbp-3-marvel-dlc-super-pack/cid=UP9000-CUSA00473_00-LPB3MARVELDLCBUN

Repost of LBP Vita Marvel Edition (full game + 18 of 30 costumes) for $8: https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/littlebigplanet-ps-vita-marvel-super-hero-edition-full-game/cid=UP9000-PCSA00549_00-LBPVITAGOTY00000

Although not advertised, the LBP3 Marvel DLC Super Pack for PS4 and PS3 also unlocks for LBP Vita (6 packs, 30 costumes). Not sure if the level kit works though. LBP Marvel DLC will no longer be available after 2015, so pickup now if interested for $14.35 with PS+: https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/addons/lbp-3-marvel-dlc-super-pack/cid=UP9000-CUSA00473_00-LPB3MARVELDLCBUN

Repost of LBP Vita Marvel Edition (full game + 18 of 30 costumes) for $8: https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/littlebigplanet-ps-vita-marvel-super-hero-edition-full-game/cid=UP9000-PCSA00549_00-LBPVITAGOTY00000
Thanks for the heads up about the expiration. I already had Packs 1 and 2 and Marvel Level Kit from LBP2 so it was free to add the LBP3 compatible versions for me. So I got the whole bundle for only $13.16. I didn't realize they were adding so much stuff for LBP3. I'd be interested in the DC Comics and Doctor Who packs as well.

Ended up buying Ragnarok Odyssey Ace, since Tokiden Kiwami is getting a sequel, so it should eventually get even cheaper than the current $27 sale price. Also, all of the free DLC for Ragnarok pushed me towards that game. I'm a sucker for free DLC.

Ended up buying Ragnarok Odyssey Ace, since Tokiden Kiwami is getting a sequel, so it should eventually get even cheaper than the current $27 sale price. Also, all of the free DLC for Ragnarok pushed me towards that game. I'm a sucker for free DLC.
hope you got a lot of friends to play it cause your going to need them to do the ACE part of the game... Been better off getting the first one dirt cheap

ten-foot-poles.jpg

bread's done
Back