PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
Any chance of dungeon travelers 2 ever going lower in price than BB GCU? Want the game, but in no hurry to get it..should I be? Is it rare-ish?
Not sure about Best Buy, but I almost immediately traded in Dungeon Travelers 2 at GameStop to cover the rest of Persona 4 Dancing All Night, and a month later came back to buy a used copy with rewards points. I had put the bonus calendar sticker on the inside of the box and by chance it was the same case. The clerk pulled out a sealed copy with bonus calendar out before I pointed out it was used and I could see more in the drawer. It's not that rare.

New years resolution that will be broken in the first week. :rofl:
My list of Vita wants was made so tiny by the fall sales that there's really no more of the big titles that I need or crave. Trails of Cold Steel is pretty much it. I own around 1/2 of the entire library without any real fluff titles like Lego or the duplicate sports titles. My main wants in 2016 are the two Dragon Quest games on 3DS (and Fire Emblem Fates which I preordered). Vita? I'm already getting the Muv-Luv games. I think I need a year off after everything I've bought the last two or three months.

I want to play games, decide if I love them or not.. .and then sell what I don't feel passionately about replaying and trim the collection back down to something relatively tiny. I have a nice PS3, Vita, DS & 3DS library to pull from.. and some classics on other systems. Once the end of 2017 hits and Shenmue 3 is nearer to reality I'll hopefully be ready to play some PS4 stuff.

My XONiC and PersonaQ Wild Cards Edition showed up yesterday. I'm glad they shipped in a box, everything looked perfect. Now just my last two orders to show up and I think I'm done tracking & buying physical games for a while ...heck the whole year (minus my Fire Emblem Fates SE PreOrder) if I can resist! My order with Steins:Gate says it'll be here on Tuesday, but my order with Code:Realize says it hasn't shipped but that it'll be here between Tuesday and next Friday. Hopefully mine got in early enough (I bought C:R at $22.00 while the price was still dropping) that I won't be pushed off a few weeks.
New years resolution that will be broken in the first week. :rofl:
new year resolution to be broken the 1st month of the new year lol

unless he is abstaining from any of the Limited Run Vita Games this year also?

new year resolution to be broken the 1st month of the new year lol

unless he is abstaining from any of the Limited Run Vita Games this year also?
It's not really a new year resolution... it's more a general decision.

And yeah, I'm giving up on the pursuit of the LRG published stuff. I played a little Saturday Morning RPG on my iphone last night to see if I wanted it and I walked away feeling like it's an OK game but not something I need in physical form. Of course I don't know much of what they have planned for the year so LRG could pull me back for a random purchase but I have no plans to just buy everything because it's a physical game.

My list of Vita wants was made so tiny by the fall sales that there's really no more of the big titles that I need or crave. Trails of Cold Steel is pretty much it. I own around 1/2 of the entire library without any real fluff titles like Lego or the duplicate sports titles. My main wants in 2016 are the two Dragon Quest games on 3DS (and Fire Emblem Fates which I preordered). Vita? I'm already getting the Muv-Luv games. I think I need a year off after everything I've bought the last two or three months.

I want to play games, decide if I love them or not.. .and then sell what I don't feel passionately about replaying and trim the collection back down to something relatively tiny. I have a nice PS3, Vita, DS & 3DS library to pull from.. and some classics on other systems. Once the end of 2017 hits and Shenmue 3 is nearer to reality I'll hopefully be ready to play some PS4 stuff.
I'm in that boat I suppose...I purchased nearly 30 games between the Target clearances and other sales and have narrowed down to the final 6 I'm interested in, aside from other possible new releases that I might spring for. Still looking for:

1. Little Big Planet Vita

2. Earth Defense Force 2.1

3. Resistance Burning Skies

4. Blazblue Chrono Phantasma Extend

5. Persona 4 Golden

6. Final Fantasy X/X-2

After those 6 I feel like I'll be pretty much done and ready to move on to trying to finish up my Wii collection. Wii games are kinda cheap at the moment as well and I'm hoping to grab everything I want for that system before GS stops selling used Wii games because when that happens the prices will start rising again.

I'm in that boat I suppose...I purchased nearly 30 games between the Target clearances and other sales and have narrowed down to the final 6 I'm interested in, aside from other possible new releases that I might spring for. Still looking for:

1. Little Big Planet Vita

2. Earth Defense Force 2.1

3. Resistance Burning Skies

4. Blazblue Chrono Phantasma Extend

5. Persona 4 Golden

6. Final Fantasy X/X-2

After those 6 I feel like I'll be pretty much done and ready to move on to trying to finish up my Wii collection. Wii games are kinda cheap at the moment as well and I'm hoping to grab everything I want for that system before GS stops selling used Wii games because when that happens the prices will start rising again.
I grabbed P4G ("used") during hastings 40% off deal a few weeks back, they sent me a new game.. $6.75 :D/

The rest of your list are kinda hard to find new at a reasonable price. FFX/X-2 was clearanced at Walmart for $11 during the summer.

I have a list I made a while back of games for all systems that i'm still looking for.. Always afraid to go looking at it cause I end up finding 1, and then see "deals" on other games I didn't even want. :wall:

I grabbed P4G ("used") during hastings 40% off deal a few weeks back, they sent me a new game.. $6.75 :D/
The rest of your list are kinda hard to find new at a reasonable price. FFX/X-2 was clearanced at Walmart for $11 during the summer.

I have a list I made a while back of games for all systems that i'm still looking for.. Always afraid to go looking at it cause I end up finding 1, and then see "deals" on other games I didn't even want. :wall:
My GS stores are locally pretty cleaned out of Vita games due to this long B2G1, but I have a B2G1 coupon from the PUR membership that I recently renewed and it doesn't expire until the end of February. So what I'm hoping for is a decent restock over the next couple of months, at which point they will get some of that stuff from my list in stock. The only one I won't buy used is FF because of the voucher, but there's a reasonable chance that I'll find used copies of at least three of the others.

Been at 2 gamestops in the last 3 days and their vita sections are dry. Mind you, I'm 10 games away atm from a complete US collection at the moment but the used sections have nothing.

I also just tried to buy P4 dancing all night which was on the shelf and they didn't even have it

My Walmart doesn't do clearance on games anymore.

They rather let them sit on the shelf and collect dust, just like all of the other big name retailers around me.

I am in a clearance void. T__T

Is Tales of Hearts R OoP? I was looking for it on Amazon, Gamestop and Bandais website and it wasn't available. So I bought it off ebay.

Is Tales of Hearts R OoP? I was looking for it on Amazon, Gamestop and Bandais website and it wasn't available. So I bought it off ebay.
Still available at local GS stores near me but GS has taken it off their website as orderable so it may be heading that way.

This never happened at the Wal-Mart I go to. They are still sitting there for $30.
I asked one of the electronics managers about every stores clearance being different, basically it boils down to how old the store is (a newer store typically won't have a clearance on stuff like games) and corporate allows the individual store managers to decide what is allowed to be clearanced. If you get a store manager that is anti-gaming... well expect to see 10 year old games selling (collecting dust) for full price lol.

We have a sporting goods manager at one store that always does a huge sale every year on fishing/hunting stuff (including firearms and special order big item stuff) because the store manager is a big outdoorsman and the store make a ton of sales over 2 days. This 1 store sells more "sporting goods" stuff in a year than the rest of the Walmarts in town combined.. The manager used to run a different Walmart and did the same there, and that store used to be on top in sporting goods. After he left that store has like 2 isles total..

TLDR version: Walmarts clearance policies, and some department "sale" policies, are left to the store managers and not controlled by the corporate Walmart.

i don't know if it's just a myth or not but I know other people who got way more play out of their vita per charge than mine. I think the battery life was supposed to be 4-5 hours but mine barely lasts an hour so somthing degraded.

And yeah, I'm not sure what you'd do about replacing a battery. Probably would have to open the system up.

Also my system reaked of smoke for weeks after I got it and it wasn't listed in the lot I bought. You never know really what you're getting with used consoles imo
I've had my Vita since launch month and am still getting about three to four hours of game play per charge.

My GS stores are locally pretty cleaned out of Vita games due to this long B2G1, but I have a B2G1 coupon from the PUR membership that I recently renewed and it doesn't expire until the end of February. So what I'm hoping for is a decent restock over the next couple of months, at which point they will get some of that stuff from my list in stock. The only one I won't buy used is FF because of the voucher, but there's a reasonable chance that I'll find used copies of at least three of the others.
Believe I will need seventeen more titles to cap off the first four years of Region 1 Vita releases. I got desperate two nights ago (last day of the B2, G1 sale at GameSlop) and ordered six titles from the site. Hate getting games without cases, or in generic cases, but like you my local stores are cleaned out, at least of titles I still need to complete the collection. Driving me nuts that the first of those six games arrived in the mail today, literally cart only in a comparatively gigantic bubble envelope, was hoping that it would at least come in a generic case.

I asked one of the electronics managers about every stores clearance being different, basically it boils down to how old the store is (a newer store typically won't have a clearance on stuff like games) and corporate allows the individual store managers to decide what is allowed to be clearanced. If you get a store manager that is anti-gaming... well expect to see 10 year old games selling (collecting dust) for full price lol.

We have a sporting goods manager at one store that always does a huge sale every year on fishing/hunting stuff (including firearms and special order big item stuff) because the store manager is a big outdoorsman and the store make a ton of sales over 2 days. This 1 store sells more "sporting goods" stuff in a year than the rest of the Walmarts in town combined.. The manager used to run a different Walmart and did the same there, and that store used to be on top in sporting goods. After he left that store has like 2 isles total..

TLDR version: Walmarts clearance policies, and some department "sale" policies, are left to the store managers and not controlled by the corporate Walmart.
My closeby Wal*Mart has existed since the late 80's and their idea of clearance on a video game is to round the price to the nearest whole dollar amount. So if the games was originally $39.96 then the clearance price for it will be $40.00... and a year after that adjustment the price might decrease down by ten to $30, by which time GameStop has usually reduced whatever game it is into the $9.99 - 19.99 price range.

Any chance of dungeon travelers 2 ever going lower in price than BB GCU? Want the game, but in no hurry to get it..should I be? Is it rare-ish?
The localization was published by Atlus so I think you can count on it to go down in price eventually. The days of rare atlus games are past us. Now we can get LE and first print atlus games at 50% off a year later. And there's always the monthly atlus sales on psn/eshop if digital is okay for you.

My Steins; Gate from Amazon was delivered today via USPS.

Ordered on Dec 25 with No Rush shipping (original delivery was supposed to be Jan 5) and left Washington state on Dec 28 according to Amazon. I never used No Rush before, but it's a LOT quicker than I expected. Sorry to hear some of you were backordered.

I bit on every exclusive way too fast minus ar nosurge, retro city, and breach and clear.

Pretty much bought all 3 GS exclusives near launch and steins gate at launch

I looked up a guide back when I thought my Vita's battery was having problems, and you basically have to take it apart and then remove some wiring.
Turns out it's pretty easy to replace the battery. Or, at least, I thought it was easy. I used the ifixit guide at https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/PlayStation+Vita+Battery+Replacement/7990 to do the job. My Vita would need a charge every other day even when just sleeping prior to the swap, but now can go for a week or more between charges.
Holy crap.. really? THats a major pain in the ass just to swap a battery out. Where do you even get replacment batteries anyway? I guess i dont have to worry yet but yeesh thats ridiculous. Is it just as convoluted for the newer models?

Gohastings bogo FREE today only. Code:pARTYHAT
Hopefully others got this to work, but I can't seem to get it to take for me now. The promo code applies, but I never see any BOGO discount show up. Shame because this was a great deal - anyone still having any luck?

Edit: Doh! Used only.... sorry. My fault.

Edit #2: Depending on the games chosen and factoring in shipping, Amazon pricing on new games is close. I was looking at Xblaze and HNU as an example, and the Amazon pricing was like $8 more for me for new, 2-day shipping.

Which Neptunia? Just found out my HDN 3 I bought from them a while back doesn't even work. Bs that I'm gonna have to buy it again now
I forgot about this. You had me worried, as I hadn't tested the one I bought from Best Buy last month. I tried it, and it installed fine, so I think I'm in the clear.

My Steins Gate showed up in today's mail (was scheduled for Tuesday the 5th).  Now I just need to get that one last order with Code:Realize.  It still hasn't been delayed or anything so hopefully that's a good sign it'll show up between the 5th and 8th.

one of the items i bought from go hastings got canceled..so i essentialy paid full price for a game i could have gotten cheaper individually at gamestop. plus they got my address wrong so im never doing that again. 

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! Someone returned a perfectly good PS Vita Slim to the Best Buy I work at. We effectively no longer have a Vita section now. As the games sold out they just refilled those spots with PS4 games and last I looked all we had left were over Vita priced memory cards. Which means we actually sold out all those copies of Danganronpa: Ultra Despair Girls at full price!

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! Someone returned a perfectly good PS Vita Slim to the Best Buy I work at. We effectively no longer have a Vita section now. As the games sold out they just refilled those spots with PS4 games and last I looked all we had left were over Vita priced memory cards. Which means we actually sold out all those copies of Danganronpa: Ultra Despair Girls at full price!
I bought one of the 2 at my local store a couple days ago. After GCU and $5 birthday certificate which was about to expire, it was down to $27 ... which is cheaper than either of the other Danganronpa games I bought.

Sounds like you should give that vita a new home.

Is there a way to track the cheap shipping method from Play-Asia (air economy box registered)? I have tracking numbers but they don't work on HK or USPS tracking sites.

bread's done
Back