PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
Got the remaining five games in from my end of year GameStop order at last. Was rather surprised.

First of the six used games, Lego: The Hobbit, from the order arrived last week, cart only in an oversized bubble envelope. The rest arrived yesterday, two games arrived in a bubble envelope in the mail and three delivered in a box by UPS, all shipped from the same warehouse, c-r-a-z-y.

Farming Simulator 14 (Complete)

FIFA Soccer (cart-only in a generic black replacement case)

Lego: Ninjago: Nindroids (Complete)

Mind Zero (Complete; considering the last time I ordered this game, "new" I might add, it came cart only this was a surprise.)

Valhalla Knights 3 (cart in blue case, no case art)

Still need to pre-order the new Atlier game from NISA, but not done so yet due to the shipping cost. Seriously considering bundling the pre-order for it and Stranger of Sword City together just to avoid the S&H fee even though it will mean not getting the game until Stranger of Sword City releases in another two months. Yes, i'm that cheap.

I have NO games and no protector yet. I just have a crossbuy game from a flash sale.

What should I buy first?
If you don't have Sound Shapes buy it. Game is great and was made to be played on vita.

Also just as something different than other suggestions already made I'd highly recommend Need for Speed Most Wanted if you like racing games at all.

Rayman origins is also a must buy. Haven't played legends but I've heard it's very good as well

I will wait for the next limited games (I do want that RPG...forget the name #3 in this line). Saturday Morning RPG has just been bundled a lot, though I know the developer was friendly and I believe was on CAG as well. I'm not as crazy about limited print cartridges and am likely going to sell my Breach & Clear (not my type of game....the hype got me to buy it...). I do love the cover art of Saturday Morning RPG though! 

So look like there will be a even more limited soundtrack combo at only 100 copies which will probably go first fast
Yeah but there is no special packaging so it's not like it's a special edition or anything. I doubt most people will care about getting the soundtrack one considering it ups the cost quite a bit and most people are only buying these games as collectors items

I'll likely never play SMRPG or breach and clear but I'm still buying all their vita releases

Still need to pre-order the new Atlier game from NISA, but not done so yet due to the shipping cost. Seriously considering bundling the pre-order for it and Stranger of Sword City together just to avoid the S&H fee even though it will mean not getting the game until Stranger of Sword City releases in another two months. Yes, i'm that cheap.
Yeah, NISA's new free shipping policy is BS. Oh well, I'll probably do the same thing cause I'm not in a rush to play it.

If you don't have Sound Shapes buy it. Game is great and was made to be played on vita.
THIS. Sound Shapes is excellent. I really enjoyed it and want to play it again on PS4.

Everyone keeps saying that I should "buy this before it disappears," but I've yet to ever hear anyone say why other than "it might not be there later."
It's a niche grappling-hook platformer with anime style and some obtuse gameplay design. Not worth $20 imo, but since it is likely to disappear I picked it up. It runs well on Vita, especially when you enable analog stick movement. The Vita ver also includes the SNES ver.

Check out vids (or a Japanese SNES rom) if interested.

Everyone keeps saying that I should "buy this before it disappears," but I've yet to hear anyone say why other than "it might not be there later."
Well the publisher seems to be going out of business from what i hear. But I sold mine today because I didn't like the game

Everyone keeps saying that I should "buy this before it disappears," but I've yet to hear anyone say why other than "it might not be there later."
When I was looking through what is available on the eshop for my 3DS I started watching random videos on youtube for hidden gems and the 3ds game in this series popped out. To me it looked like a really generic grappling hook style platformer. It didn't really seem that special to me as I've played a bunch of games in the same genre on iOS in recent years. Still, beyond the publisher already going out of business the games seem to be well oved as hidden gems so it would be worth watching a video and make a decision soon if this kind of genre appeals to you at all. For me, it was a fairly easy pass.

The game is fun. It's hard and fair. The Vita version is far superior to the 3DS version before and plays better. Also includes the orginal. I think they're equivalent to the ones that were removed from Steam. The games aren't very long, but you can play to get better times and reach hidden areas.

I believe they were self published and the dev shut down on December 11.
Unless Studio Saizensen was Agatsuma Entertainment, I don't think the Developer shut down.

Sayonara Umihara Kawase was developed by Studio Saizensen and headed up by the original creator of the SNES and PS1 games. Agatsuma was the one that actually handled publishing duties for this last game.

Ah, so it sounds like Agatsuma was primarily a publisher to begin with, and not so much a developer. Code of Princess is listed as being developed by them, but there's a decent chance that was heavily outsourced as well. So at the end of the day, this might not be such a big deal. If a new company obtains the Umihara IP and contracts Saizensen to work on a new game, then everything will continue as it were.

Thanks guys.  I think I'll put this in the same category as P.T and give it a pass, rather than Black Rock Shooter (which, ironically, is still readily available).

Speaking of which, did anyone here ever get "That's My Fish" from the Wii shop?  It was an electronic version of the board game of the same name.  I remember being disappointed when I went to spend all of my Wii points and found that it had been removed.  That was the first time I was a victim of the digital game age.  (followed shortly thereafter by Civ 4 when Gamefly bought out D2D)

On the subject of themes, I used the Crystal theme for a long time, until I found out you could use any picture as the startup screen. I changed that to a nice screengrab of Gravity Rush. (I'll post the pic if I figure out how.)

Ugh, Lost Dimension went up again for a slight bump. Past times it has done this it goes back down, but of course, this is all conjecture.

Really want that sub $20 price. Currently at $22.24

Edit- its $24 now, well, too rich for my blood.

What do you guys think of Disney Infinity on Vita? Picked up a copy at GameStop for $35 but haven't opened it. Heard it plays better on vita than the PSTV, anyone have any good/bad experiences or thoughts about it?

What do you guys think of Disney Infinity on Vita? Picked up a copy at GameStop for $35 but haven't opened it. Heard it plays better on vita than the PSTV, anyone have any good/bad experiences or thoughts about it?
I like it. The game looks and plays great in general, but the framerate isn't that good. Also, controlling Spider-Man sucks. Webslinging is needlessly complicated.

I've put about 400 hours into Persona 4 Golden (replaying it *again* right now even) so I think that's a safe bet. If somehow you've never played Plants vs Zombies, that's also a good choice. Then, of course, there are Danganronpa 1 & 2, which are both excellent (I prefer 1, but whatevs).
I have Plants vs Zombies on like 4 or 5 different platforms, and I think the vita version might be my least favorite because the text and items are so small on the vita screen (one of those ports where they seemed to basically port everything in HD while ignoring the fact that you're playing on a 5 inch screen). Still a great game, though...just that the vita game isn't one of the better incarnations of it.

I have Plants vs Zombies on like 4 or 5 different platforms, and I think the vita version might be my least favorite because the text and items are so small on the vita screen (one of those ports where they seemed to basically port everything in HD while ignoring the fact that you're playing on a 5 inch screen). Still a great game, though...just that the vita game isn't one of the better incarnations of it.
good to know.

Such a shame they never did physical versions of 2 as I wanted to try that one. Though I hear it turned to the dlc pay to play type route so meh I probably dodged a bullet.

Speaking of free games if bullion blitz is still up anyone with a vita should download that. Fun little collapse like game. Great for killing time and the regular mode is free to play. the other 2 puzzle modes I got on sale for like a $ and were ok but I really like the regular mode.

I'm using Four Seasons right now, and I like it. It's also free. I also like the various Hyperdimension Neptunia ones, so if you're a fan of that series, you might like those. The Danganronpa AE one looks nice as well, though I turned off the system music since the repetition started grating on me after a while.
Yea i liked the Danganronpa theme but the music got really annoying. Espeically that grating guitar riff.

I always meant to just use pictures for a theme or something but im pretty sure if you do you dont get the little bubbles/dots for the individual icons do you?

Has anyone ever found a good deal on Ys: Memories of Celceta? It's been on my list for a while now, and never seems to dip below $19.99.

So I have been play Akiba's Trip lately and while I think the game has a certain silly charm to it, I don't think the game is very good. I'm almost done with the main story and I really want to play a good beat 'em up game. I've been thinking about getting a Senran Kagura game. Are they actually any good or have people been hyping them up because of the fan service? Also I would really like to stick with physical copies for my Vita games, did Shinovi Versus get a physical release in U.S.? All I find on Amazon is the "Lets Get Physical" edition but I don't really want all the extras.

Also I really want to get J-Stars Victory Vs and want to get a physical release for that as well. Is the European release of that entirely in English?

So I have been play Akiba's Trip lately and while I think the game has a certain silly charm to it, I don't think the game is very good.
I completely agree. I haven't opened my Vita copy, I played it on PS4. I really wanted to like it but found both the controls and the camera to be janky as hell and the story just didn't do much for me. I've heard that it has more charm for folks who have actually been to the setting, since I hear it's pretty accurately recreated. I put it down after trudging through for 3-4 hours and never went back.

Also I really want to get J-Stars Victory Vs and want to get a physical release for that as well. Is the European release of that entirely in English?
It's translated but it still has Japanese Voices. I went ahead and got the Japanese version since I was able to get it for $20 and using a guide I was able to figure out the menus.

I really want to play a good beat 'em up game.
I really enjoyed what I've played of One Piece Unlimited Red World. It has a physical release (gamestop exclusive in the USA). Also you may want to consider Hyperdimension Neptunia U Action Unleashed. From what I've watched (I haven't opened my copy yet), it looked like it would be pretty fun for the genre.

I really enjoyed what I've played of One Piece Unlimited Red World. It has a physical release (gamestop exclusive in the USA). Also you may want to consider Hyperdimension Neptunia U Action Unleashed. From what I've watched (I haven't opened my copy yet), it looked like it would be pretty fun for the genre.
Hmm, I was thinking about Pirate Warriors 3, didn't know there was another OP game on Vita. I'll have to look into it. Can I play Neptunia U without knowledge of the other games?

So I have been play Akiba's Trip lately and while I think the game has a certain silly charm to it, I don't think the game is very good. I'm almost done with the main story and I really want to play a good beat 'em up game. I've been thinking about getting a Senran Kagura game. Are they actually any good or have people been hyping them up because of the fan service? Also I would really like to stick with physical copies for my Vita games, did Shinovi Versus get a physical release in U.S.? All I find on Amazon is the "Lets Get Physical" edition but I don't really want all the extras.

I played the hell out of Akiba's Trip, and while it does have some technical flaws, I still had a blast playing it. It reminds me of an otaku's Yakuza. I really enjoyed it.

As for Senran Kagura, it's a pretty fun beat 'em up but the fan service can be a bit much for some. AFAIK the game was never released as a standard edition so the Let's Get Physical edition may be the only way to buy it physically aside from second-hand.

bread's done
Back