PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
Is that a good price to get it at? I've been curious about the game (never played the series, but I love jrpgs) , but if it'll go lower, I'll wait since it's going in my backlog.
It will certainly go lower on PSN if you don't mind digital. The new price is now $19.99.

Anyone know where to get a cheap copy of KillzonE Mercenary? I let my friend borrow a copy and he's loving the multiplayer. Wouldn't mind playing so multiplayer with him but the price ranges from $25-30. Anyone know where it might be cheaper? Thanks in advance.

Anyone know where to get a cheap copy of KillzonE Mercenary? I let my friend borrow a copy and he's loving the multiplayer. Wouldn't mind playing so multiplayer with him but the price ranges from $25-30. Anyone know where it might be cheaper? Thanks in advance.
Gamestop has new copies for $19.99 and used copies for $18.99. A b-day coupon + PUR would bring a used copy down to $13.67+tax.

[quote name="midloo" post="12450360" timestamp="1422452447"]It will certainly go lower on PSN if you don't mind digital. The new price is now $19.99.[/quote]
Thanks! If that's the standard "new" price now, I'll hold off.

I like the idea of getting it digitally, but my 64gb memory card is almost full and I've become a horrible digital hoarder because of ps+. I really should start playing and deleting what's already on there though...

Is that a good price to get it at? I've been curious about the game (never played the series, but I love jrpgs) , but if it'll go lower, I'll wait since it's going in my backlog.
Full price was a good price ot get it at, you'll end up putting lots of hours into the game and the combat is super fun and satisfying

They're getting rid of the Maps app too. I look at it this way: it frees up more memory card space from an app I never used but was forced to have. YouTube apps are on everything, so I don't see it as a loss really. It's faster to watch a vid on my phone than open the app on my Vita (assuming my Vita is on).

It'll even be removed from our download history ?
The app is going to be completely discontinued and will stop being supported on April 20th, so it won't work after that date, anyway.

And, yes, they're also getting rid of Maps and an upcoming firmware update will remove some features of Near (which is even more worrisome since Near is actually used by games for online features).

They're also shutting down Music Unlimited and partnering with Spotify for "Playstation Music", but the Vita is the only current device not supported at launch (it will support ps3/ps4/phones/tablets).

Those "the vita is dead" rumors/comments are looking a bit more ominous at the moment...

The app is going to be completely discontinued and will stop being supported on April 20th, so it won't work after that date, anyway.

And, yes, they're also getting rid of Maps and an upcoming firmware update will remove some features of Near (which is even more worrisome since Near is actually used by games for online features).

They're also shutting down Music Unlimited and partnering with Spotify for "Playstation Music", but the Vita is the only current device not supported at launch (it will support ps3/ps4/phones/tablets).

Those "the vita is dead" rumors/comments are looking a bit more ominous at the moment...
Yeah, wow. I mean I just got my VIta and didn't pay much creedence given the amazing years I had with the PSP long after it was "dead", but those are some fairly alarming rumors.

Nah, there's a huge amount of games coming out for it, remote play is fantastic, and the games that do come out sell well. I wouldn't worry, it's not going anywhere. Youtube is still watchable in the web browser, and I"m sure most people barely use it on their vita... hardly 'ominous'.

I'm sure Playstation Music will come to it eventually, but we're also getting that Big Fest game so perhaps they'll be intertwined somehow and releasing together.

Well, near is tied into the Maps application so it only makes sense

My personal experience with remote play is bad.....very bad. Also from what I have generally seen on forums about people's experience with remote play, I can say you are probably in the minority.
The thing about Remote play is it heavily depends on an individuals network environment. i use remoteplay to grind in FF14 all the time

Remote play is awesome. It's quality is dependant on how far I am from my router. I've spent dozens of hours in Diablo 3 and Destiny on my Vita.

The thing about Remote play is it heavily depends on an individuals network environment. i use remoteplay to grind in FF14 all the time
I just picked up a PS4 and was thinking of picking up FFXIV for it (already own on pc) -- how is it on remote play? Is everything too small to see?

I just picked up a PS4 and was thinking of picking up FFXIV for it (already own on pc) -- how is it on remote play? Is everything too small to see?
I wouldn't recommend it for, say, endgame content, but for FATE grinding or for crafting/gathering, remote play is probably the greatest thing you could have. On your lunch break at work? Grind some materials.

On the toilet? Craft some gear.

Watching TV? Start fishing.

Holy shit, dude. I haven't even GOTTEN my Vita yet and it's on its way out.
I wouldn't say this. I mean let's be frank: like the PSP the Vita was positioned as a multimedia device but it doesn't excel at it. When compared to watching videos, listening to music, or using a browser it's just more functional to use a tablet or phone. And I'm perfectly fine with that. Personally, I approached the Vita from the get-go as a gaming device (I did the PSP as well), and as a gaming device it is great. There's more than enough awesome games between retail Vita games, downloadable indies, minis/PS mobile, PSone and PSP games. There's still good games on the horizon too.

I guess everyone in this thread pay for extra high speed connections for remote play to work.
You'd be surprised, I have buddies in my FC on XIV that say they play from their home connection to their connection at work and such and it plays fine.

But again, it's not endgame content, so I can't really vouch for things that require a lot of attention/connection

Is Remote Play only for PS4 or can I do it with my PS3?
PS3's limitations didn't allow for remote play to work on most games, so it heavily depends what you want to play, but the most general answer is no.*

*unless that changed, but to my general knowledge, it never did, because the PS4 can do it instead.

PS3 remote play is only worth it on the vita if you like to play ps1 games since all of them are compatible and it plays fine with stuff like rpgs

I've read that if you have a PS3 with CFW, you can remote play pretty much any game. Haven't tried it myself though as I don't have one.

The Vita YouTube app is on its way out? HELL no. I actually use it fairly often, because videos look incredible on the OLED screen.

This news really bums me out :/

bread's done
Back