PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
I found the Official Sony Protective Film for Vita on clearance at Walmart this week. They were marked $5.96, but rang up at $2.50 each.

Do you guys have any experience with screen protectors on your vitas? Do you have any you'd recommend? I just put on this super cheap universal one from Toys R Us. http://www.toysrus.com/buy/ps-vita/play-on-universal-screen-protector-for-handheld-gaming-consoles-5f5fd04-15860136

I could be wrong, but I feel like it makes the screen look a little cloudy. My worst fear is that if I want to remove it some day it will leave a bunch of adhesive residue on the screen.
I've tried a few and without a doubt, hands down, I'd recommend the Hori screen protectors. It feels great, looks great and you can't really even tell it's on. Kinda like a good condom.

http://www.amazon.com/HORI-Screen-Protective-Filter-PlayStation-Vita/dp/B00J00BLRM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1459699578&sr=8-1&keywords=hori+vita+screen+protector

I use the official vita protector myself....got them cheap a while back like $2.50 (likely can't get that cheap anymore). Not amazing but it works.

I don't think it's been posted here, but for anyone interested, Norn 9 dropped to $29.99 new and $24.99 used at Gamestop.
I just got this from Gamestop on friday ordered it online on tuesday. Ordered a new copy and got and open and damaged case and the cart was loose in the case.

Three of the last 4 games I ordered from gamestop new have all been opened.

I just got this from Gamestop on friday ordered it online on tuesday. Ordered a new copy and got and open and damaged case and the cart was loose in the case.

Ugh, that sucks. The one I picked up this morning was "new" (display copy, unsealed of course), but it was the only one anywhere close to my area. I decided that was better than dealing with their hit-or-miss online ordering. I've only had poor experiences ordering online from them, too.

I hope you returned all those gutted games. I've gotten a few as well, I just take them back to a local GS and return them. It really should be illegal for GS to ship gutted copies for online orders, not sure how they get away with it.

I'd recommend filing a complaint about Gamestop.com. https://www.usa.gov/consumer-complaints

They are selling opened product (open box) as new, which is against the definition of new. I know they've been doing this forever in-stores but now this is too much. So what will be their excuse? They need to display the game on the website. :rofl:

I only buy from them when ummm....when the game is really, really cheap and not available elsewhere, though I usually skip on Amazon too because I don't have prime, and the FSSS is too much. So pretty much just BestBuy then....

Just picked up 2 PSTVs, can't find any recent or well written documentation on whitelisting or how to use tn-x or ark to play PS1/PSP and emulators games on it...
Can anyone share a quality tutorial? Checked hackinformer and wololo, both pretty lame.

Plan to update the other one to latest firmware so I can stream PS4 and download any PS+ games that aren't blacklisted. Would be nice to play remoteusing a DS3 or DS4, instead of my Vita... Why oh why can't Sony implement simple things like syncing a DS4 to a Vita and enabling A2DP BT profile on ps4 (which works perfectly on Vita)...

Every time I turn around, Sony!

I don't think the Vita's firmware has been properly broken yet, so if you're looking to turn your PSTVs into full-on emulators, you're probably out of luck. I know there have been some exploits using PSP software, but I think those tend to get squashed (or just have compatibility removed) fairly regularly.

I have an extra PSTV from Walmart that I'm keeping as a backup. Besides this upcoming Touhou game, are there any JPN PSN exclusives for Vita that would make it worth linking the system to my Japanese PSN account? Not looking for PS1 (or PSP) JPN games because I can already play those on my PS3 (or PSP).

In my quest to pick up a couple of pstv bundles at Walmart, I also stumbled across they had a few vita memory cards on clearance at that store. All are showing up on brickseek at these prices at multiple stores, so hopefully it's not ymmv. I'll include the item numbers for brickseek below so you can check yourself.

16gb - $10.00 #19715032
8gb - $3.50 #19715031
4gb - $2.50 #19715030

Now GO! GO! GO! :lol:

In my quest to pick up a couple of pstv bundles I also stumbled across they had a few vita memory cards on clearance at that store. All are showing up on brickseek at these prices at multiple stores, so hopefully it's not ymmv. I'll include the item numbers for brickseek below so you can check yourself.

16gb - $10.00 #19715032

8gb - $3.50 #19715031

4gb - $2.50 #19715030

Thanks for this! I hope I can find an extra 16gb for the PS TV.

In my quest to pick up a couple of pstv bundles I also stumbled across they had a few vita memory cards on clearance at that store. All are showing up on brickseek at these prices at multiple stores, so hopefully it's not ymmv. I'll include the item numbers for brickseek below so you can check yourself.

16gb - $10.00 #19715032

8gb - $3.50 #19715031

4gb - $2.50 #19715030

Were you going to mention what store? Walmart?

Do you guys have any experience with screen protectors on your vitas? Do you have any you'd recommend? I just put on this super cheap universal one from Toys R Us. http://www.toysrus.com/buy/ps-vita/play-on-universal-screen-protector-for-handheld-gaming-consoles-5f5fd04-15860136

I could be wrong, but I feel like it makes the screen look a little cloudy. My worst fear is that if I want to remove it some day it will leave a bunch of adhesive residue on the screen.
I also use tempered glass, but I went with a brand that I trust called HORI. They normally are officially licensed by most console manufacturers, and actually are responsible for the Gamecube controllers that Nintendo released alongside Super Smash on WiiU, among many other things. The link is here:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/141860064439?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

It's cheap too, even free shipping. You have to wait a bit if you are in the US with importing from Hong Kong. Worth it for sure.

If you want square I can grab a couple of the 8gb for cost plus ship, they have about 4 of them where I'm at.
I appreciate it, but no worries.

Hopefully I'll find a decently priced 32 or 64 card soon.

Although, if you see a 32gb for $20 on clearance, definitely hit that up for me. ;D

I'd recommend filing a complaint about Gamestop.com. https://www.usa.gov/consumer-complaints

They are selling opened product (open box) as new, which is against the definition of new. I know they've been doing this forever in-stores but now this is too much. So what will be their excuse? They need to display the game on the website. :rofl:
If they were opened they were shipped from a store not the warehouse.

This year it was my first time being Elite at BBY, do they offer free release date delivery?

Preordered AC chronicles and it hasn't even entered the shipping stage.

I appreciate it, but no worries.

Hopefully I'll find a decently priced 32 or 64 card soon.

Although, if you see a 32gb for $20 on clearance, definitely hit that up for me. ;D
Ok then, I'll keep that in mind. But I've never even seen a card higher than 16gb at a retail store. Actually I take that back I did see a 32gb at a BestBuy once. I think it was used. :lol:

I also use tempered glass, but I went with a brand that I trust called HORI. They normally are officially licensed by most console manufacturers, and actually are responsible for the Gamecube controllers that Nintendo released alongside Super Smash on WiiU, among many other things. The link is here:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/141860064439?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

It's cheap too, even free shipping. You have to wait a bit if you are in the US with importing from Hong Kong. Worth it for sure.
ahh..

You do realize the Hori you brought is a cheap knock off, right?

not saying it is bad or anything, just that it is not what you think it is

This year it was my first time being Elite at BBY, do they offer free release date delivery?

They don't offer release day delivery but they are usually really close. My copy I ordered shipped out this morning.
I am close to a best buy distribution center so I should have my copy by Wednesday.

They do release date delivery even for us commonfolk.
They don't offer release day delivery but they are usually really close. My copy I ordered shipped out this morning.
I am close to a best buy distribution center so I should have my copy by Wednesday.
Ok thanks guys. Hopefully it will get here once I beat Velocity 2X on my Vita for a seamless game-to-game transition. I doubt AC Chronicles can last until Stranger of Sword gets here though.

What definition of "new" are you using, though? A sealed product does not define whether or not it's new, it just defines if it's been opened. Open product (and open box product) can still be considered new in a retail sense (take a look at clothing, cars, food, sporting goods, tools...). Retail-wise, "new" just means "not previously used". So I can understand and get behind telling GS that they can't sell a game that has been played by an employee as "new" (it happens. Heck, I did it when I worked there for the holidays once), but legally there's absolutely nothing wrong with them gutting 90% of their new games to reduce instances of theft. I totally prefer a sealed game (and that's part of why I buy anything new from Best Buy, along with GCU) but that doesn't mean lodging a consumer complaint is the way to go.

tl;dr - Unopened does not define "new" in a retail sense.

The Super Wal-Mart near me had a few PSTVs in stock. I got the last controller bundle they had, as well as one stand-alone package. That was $50 total for two PSTVs. (as well as the controller and memory card in the bundle) Good deal.

I'll be taking a run at the Limited Run games upcoming New and Tasty release. Saturday Morning RPG wasn't exactly doing it for me, and Breach and Clear definitely wasn't doing it for me. But New and Tasty is a critically-acclaimed re-make of a critically-acclaimed classic. Easy sell. That's a limited-run title that I would really like to have on my shelf.

This is perhaps true. But "unopened" is considerably more important to collectors. And with the way things are going, collectors are going to be one of the biggest markets for physical game releases going forward. Selling "new" titles that are not "unopened" to game collectors is not going to fly. New-In-Box is significant to collecting.

This is perhaps true. But "unopened" is considerably more important to collectors. And with the way things are going, collectors are going to be one of the biggest markets for physical game releases going forward. Selling "new" titles that are not "unopened" to game collectors is not going to fly. New-In-Box is significant to collecting.
Oh, no doubt, and not arguing that at all. I'm saying filing a consumer complaint about "My new item wasn't sealed" is fairly pointless, because in a retail sense what they are selling is still "new". Opened, yes, but new nonetheless.

Rather than filing a complaint about how they're doing something they're totally allowed to do, it would be better to just get your games from a place that doesn't follow that practice, and speak with money rather than signatures and pleas on deaf ears.

They don't guarantee release date delivery, but the only time they've ever missed it for me was with the Fire Emblem SE.

damn, gohastings has some amazing prices for used vita games. never ordered from them before but the FAQ for gohastings on here says most games are complete. i picked up two hyperdimension games (had trouble finding these for cheap), two lego games, and little deviants for $40 + $10 shipping. def worth keeping an eye out for deals from them, especially for the niche games that retain their value.

What definition of "new" are you using, though? A sealed product does not define whether or not it's new, it just defines if it's been opened. Open product (and open box product) can still be considered new in a retail sense (take a look at clothing, cars, food, sporting goods, tools...). Retail-wise, "new" just means "not previously used". So I can understand and get behind telling GS that they can't sell a game that has been played by an employee as "new" (it happens. Heck, I did it when I worked there for the holidays once), but legally there's absolutely nothing wrong with them gutting 90% of their new games to reduce instances of theft. I totally prefer a sealed game (and that's part of why I buy anything new from Best Buy, along with GCU) but that doesn't mean lodging a consumer complaint is the way to go.

When most stores deny refunds on opened movies, games, and CDs, opened =/= new.

Yeah, that's actually not the same thing. Once the sale has taken place it is no longer "new", whether you open it or not.
Wut.

This is all I can think of when I see your name:

girlsgeneration_lionheart3.jpg

Edit 2:

Target: ​"Open music, movies, video games and software cannot be returned, but may be exchanged at the store for the same title, for the same or different gaming platform."

Best Buy: "Opened computer software, movies, music or video games can only be exchanged for an identical item."

Walmart: "CDs, DVDs, Blu-ray discs, audiotapes, videotapes and video games must be returned unopened."

WTF are you even talking about?

Wut.

This is all I can think of when I see your name:
girlsgeneration_lionheart3.jpg

Edit 2:

Target: ​"Open music, movies, video games and software cannot be returned, but may be exchanged at the store for the same title, for the same or different gaming platform."

Best Buy: Opened computer software, movies, music or video games can only be exchanged for an identical item.

Walmart: CDs, DVDs, Blu-ray discs, audiotapes, videotapes and video games must be returned unopened.

WTF are you even talking about?

"Opened" does not equate to "used" any more than "sealed" equates to new. Returning a purchased item is not the same as purchasing, because the sales transaction is the point at which "new" becomes "used" in a retail sense. Their policies on returns don't have jack to do with whether or not the item was new during the original transaction.

bread's done
Back