PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
From the 2009 FCC issues, it was a STORE BY STORE policy.... Gamestop had no policy stating employees were restricted to used games only, New vs Used checkout was left to the individual stores.
That makes sense. The store I managed we'd just allow the display copies to be checked out, I'd imagine most stores allow the check out of new games for a variety of reasons. It allows employees to be more informed on the games and it's good perk for part-time employees as the pay isn't very good in those starting positions and the discount isn't exactly great (Gamers Club Unlocked offers a better discount).

Exactly. Gamestop sells open games as "New" for full price.  I don't care about their reasoning behind this.  People may have played them.  GS is shit, end of story. Let the rubes shop there that don't care about discounts or service. 

The only bright side of the possibility of future generations going all digital is that this chain of stores will finally die.  Pre-orders and their bonuses are often missing (one Quantum Break steelbook for seven game pre-orders at my closest store).  Employees sometimes act like jerks at the mere request of looking over an amiibo box before you purchase it.  They pressure you to pre-order things and trade in games all the time.  GS does nothing for me and the way they often treat you is that you are actually there to service themfuck  em.  And thank you Deader, our resident Gamestop shill for checking in with your useless two cents like always, as if you know what goes on at every store nationwide.

I finally understand why you picked the user name nothing since nothing you say ever offers any value.
Fanimacion-un-show-mas.gif

Since the English patch is for either(so it has been stated), I would guess nothing, except for the price difference of 50 cents.
I can confirm that it works on my Japanese version. I took the news about it working on both versions straight from the developer's Airship Q Facebook page.

How would I get the English patch....through psn? Also I'd this worth getting? Will it get cheaper and will an American release get made?
Yep you just download the patch like an update for any other game. I'm loving it so far. It's kind of like Terraria on an airship you build, with more action. No word on an American release.

GameStop is good if you use it for the right purpose, that being to buy used games. In my area, it's the only store of which I'm aware that even stocks Vita games. So it serves that purpose. (fuck the online store and its "handling" charges, though. They break a good deal pretty quickly.) I'd just never count on GS for anything that's supposed to be new, unless I think the price is fair for what's essentially a used game.

Okay. Persona 3 is on sale for 4.99....Is it worth playing on vita? Cheapest it has been in years.
If you want full control over your party members and the better-written female protagonist route, then yes.

If you want anime cutscenes, the ability to see the protagonist walking around everywhere, and an epilogue that requires lots of grinding, then no.

If you want full control over your party members and the better-written female protagonist route, then yes.

If you want anime cutscenes, the ability to see the protagonist walking around everywhere, and an epilogue that requires lots of grinding, then no.
note the protagonist can be seen walking around in dungeons just not on the normal areas for the world map.

from the PSN store page... Killzone™: Mercenary

"Note: Due to the size of the full game and patch, users who purchase the digital version of the game will need 4.6GB of free space on their PS Vita memory card, and therefore will need at a minimum an 8GB PS Vita memory card."
This is the reason to buy physical, when it's cheaper per game to buy the retail copies then buy multiple memory cards. $5 for the digital game, $60~ for the new memory card with space to play it.

Warehouses also tend to pay quite a bit more than an entry level retail position and in most cases management positions as well. As a former Gamestop Assistant Manager I can tell you that the job doesn't pay all that well, at least not when I worked for the company. If I were to ever work retail again it would be to open my own video game store, but I feel that would be a huge gamble around my area with Gamestops and Disc Replays all over the place here.
As someone who works manufacturing Pay is usually 10.00 an hour or more

Just saw this on my timeline, if you're in that area and missed out on those, click the link under LRG post

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/733816625753915393

Anyone update their vita to  the newest version 3.6?  Is it safe to do without any battery drainage issues?  I remember that was a problem a few months back.

As a customer for Amazon since its early days, after seeing local shops getting vanished these few years, I prefer to buy from local shops if the price isn't too much difference (and hate Amazon's Prime only price). I want local people to have jobs rather than more people stuck in their warehouse.
There aren't that many local game shops nowadays. No, gamestop doesn't count. They are about as mom and pop as walmart.

from the PSN store page... Killzone™: Mercenary

This is the reason to buy physical, when it's cheaper per game to buy the retail copies then buy multiple memory cards. $5 for the digital game, $60~ for the new memory card with space to play it.
$60 for an 8gb Vita memory card? I paid $83 for a 64gb card (well worth it), if you're paying $60 for an 8gb card (equivalent of $480 for 64gb), you have a problem.

There aren't that many local game shops nowadays. No, gamestop doesn't count. They are about as mom and pop as walmart.
I anxiously await the day the GS is forced to close some stores and some interesting and different used and retro stores start springing up in their stead.

Funcoland was such a better franchise before GS came in, took everything over, and instilled their corporate and monopolistic procedures. Everybody loved Funcoland.

Trust me, anyone who worked in retail would prefer the warehouse. People are people...I'm going to leave it at that. Lol
I've worked retail, and I'd much rather be on the floor interacting with customers, recommending things, and running the register (I'm a unique combination of being good at math, and having good social skills)

The worst is when launch editions of games only come in CE/LE (and sometimes they would gut versions with separate CEs/LEs just to display that version) form, so they would gut that, just to take out the game, and in the process of taking the game out, they pretty much rip and tear every part of the box, and then shove the tattered remains into a drawer until some unsuspecting CAG goes to pick it up, only to be met with awe and disappointment at the condition of the "new" CE/LE.

3Jmz7PR.gif
I went to one of the nearby GameSlops this past Saturday that was listed on their website as still having a $39.99 "New" copy of The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel: Lionheart Edition. Amazingly, they still had the one copy, box on the shelf in good condition. Mind I was the only customer in the store. When I took it to the checkout the store manager begins rummaging through, obviously, their Vita stock drawer behind the counter proceeds to sneeze twice while leaning over the drawer onto the contents inside and blurts out "I'm alergic to Vita". Oddly enough the actual game itself, not the CE box, was still factory sealed and the book and sub-box containing the pin appeared unopened, Happy to finally own a copy of the game, but what a crappy experience.

On the flip side of that lousy experience, while out of town this week I went to the only GameStop in a rural county staffed by a very cute girl (shout out to Rachel, you know who you are), who is a fellow Vita owner, fan, collector, and engadged me in a brief chat concerning the used complete copy of Norn9 I was buying from her store. Sadly I was past due getting back to a relatives for dinner (aka lunch) and was unable to hang around and chit-chat with this marvelous being and learn more about her... game collection... and marital status. Yeah, if you're a fellow CAG Rachel, feel free to PM me... or ask your blue haired co-worker for that slip of paper I handed her to pass along that has my e-mail address thereon. :pray:

In other news. My copy of Futuridium arrived in the mail while I was away this week, hooray!

Exactly. Gamestop sells open games as "New" for full price. I don't care about their reasoning behind this. People may have played them. GS is shit, end of story. Let the rubes shop there that don't care about discounts or service.

The only bright side of the possibility of future generations going all digital is that this chain of stores will finally die. Pre-orders and their bonuses are often missing (one Quantum Break steelbook for seven game pre-orders at my closest store). Employees sometimes act like jerks at the mere request of looking over an amiibo box before you purchase it. They pressure you to pre-order things and trade in games all the time. GS does nothing for me and the way they often treat you is that you are actually there to service them. fuck em. And thank you Deader, our resident Gamestop shill for checking in with your useless two cents like always, as if you know what goes on at every store nationwide.
We don't always see eye to eye, but damn. Good shit.

So, I don't need this... But I kind of want it. Mint OLED vita with 16gb card, charger, glass screen protector, and trigger grips... $100. Doesn't come with any games or anything, but my vita backlog is good for a while anyway. Good deal? Again, don't need it, just would like to have an OLED vita to go with my slim.

Probably a good deal with the 16gb card, IMO the OLED's are getting harder to find. I paid $100 for mine with a 4gb and an 8gb card. (also had grips and 1 game, charger etc.)

Probably a good deal with the 16gb card, IMO the OLED's are getting harder to find. I paid $100 for mine with a 4gb and an 8gb card. (also had grips and 1 game, charger etc.)
That's pretty much what I am thinking. I haven't ever played the OLED before, but it sounds amazing... so I want it.

It kills me having a an OLED vita sitting by my desk but i....dropped it once while walking in the kitchen and thats all it took, one drop, and then lights out. It still powers on and i can hear sound, but the picture is totally black. :( :( makes me sad.

I got my Slim vita here but, I kind of liked the buttons a bit more on the OLED.

okay, i bought rogue legacy and P3p from that awesome flash sale... rogue legacy is awesome...

P3P seems REALLY dated compared to P4G, kinda wondering if i made a mistake....

does it get better as the game goes on?  Just not being able to walk around makes it a bit annoying to me.

okay, i bought rogue legacy and P3p from that awesome flash sale... rogue legacy is awesome...

does it get better as the game goes on? Just not being able to walk around makes it a bit annoying to me.
Exactly what I bought. Great minds...

Exactly. Gamestop sells open games as "New" for full price. I don't care about their reasoning behind this. People may have played them. GS is shit, end of story. Let the rubes shop there that don't care about discounts or service.

The only bright side of the possibility of future generations going all digital is that this chain of stores will finally die. Pre-orders and their bonuses are often missing (one Quantum Break steelbook for seven game pre-orders at my closest store). Employees sometimes act like jerks at the mere request of looking over an amiibo box before you purchase it. They pressure you to pre-order things and trade in games all the time. GS does nothing for me and the way they often treat you is that you are actually there to service them. fuck em. And thank you Deader, our resident Gamestop shill for checking in with your useless two cents like always, as if you know what goes on at every store nationwide.
Am I the only one who felt a wave of mega-irony?

does it get better as the game goes on? Just not being able to walk around makes it a bit annoying to me.
I am always afraid to voice this opinion, but being ~55 hours into P4G, over the course of two years, I prefer P3P far more than P4G. Granted Persona 3 Portable was the first Persona game I had played, at a relatively important time in my life, but I have felt, unfortunately, like Persona 4 is a bit of a slog. There are some tunes I prefer in Persona 4 over Persona 3, but in general I like the music of 3 more. The characters as well. The limited capabilities of the PSP also did not turn me off to the game at all, and I feel like the complaints about static worlds that you traverse via point-and-click are blown out of proportion big time.

I dunno, in general I do enjoy P4G a lot. Very much so. But I rank P3P in probably my top fifteen favorite games of all time, if not higher.

I am always afraid to voice this opinion, but being ~55 hours into P4G, over the course of two years, I prefer P3P far more than P4G. Granted Persona 3 Portable was the first Persona game I had played, at a relatively important time in my life, but I have felt, unfortunately, like Persona 4 is a bit of a slog. There are some tunes I prefer in Persona 4 over Persona 3, but in general I like the music of 3 more. The characters as well. The limited capabilities of the PSP also did not turn me off to the game at all, and I feel like the complaints about static worlds that you traverse via point-and-click are blown out of proportion big time.

I dunno, in general I do enjoy P4G a lot. Very much so. But I rank P3P in probably my top fifteen favorite games of all time, if not higher.
Nah man, you're not the only one. I definitely enjoyed P3 more as well. The music and the characters are more memorable and impactful. P4G is a great game but it is also over-hyped. Chalk it up to nothing more than recency bias.

Nothing gets me like the city theme in the winter near the end of the game: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gA82e2ON3ec&list=PLRBui0PW4JKRQd1xYlGI5EwYv7vTPLJMo&index=46

P3P is easily my favorite Persona game in general. I also just prefer P3 to P4 for a lot of reasons. Aside from the dungeons being more varied in P4, I think P3 did everything else better. I can easily play through P3P again anytime, but I've been trying to get through P4 Golden since it came out and I just keep losing interest. Something about it just can't hold my attention the way P3P can
Disclaimer: I have played through P4 back when it was released on PS2

Damn, this talk of Persona 3 makes me want to dust off my ps2 and load up FES. I enjoyed both P3 and P4 and played though them like 3 times each through the years. I agree with you guys that I enjoy P3 slightly more than P4 though. Although both had great characters, P3 had more variation in the actual party, with Ken and Shinjiro not being at Gekkoukan, and Aigis and Koromaru not even being human. Plus, I enjoyed the S.Links in P3 more. Both have amazing music though.

Can't believe I haven't played Persona 3 myself yet. I have Persona 4 golden on my Vita but I at least want to play 3 given how much it got when it was released.

How is the english voice acting in that game? I actually found a version of the game online years ago that was the Persona 3 FES version of the gane, and had all the original japanese voice acting in the game along with english text and hard coded subtitles during the cutscenes. Trying to see if I still have that disc lying around somewhere....

Can't believe I haven't played Persona 3 myself yet. I have Persona 4 golden on my Vita but I at least want to play 3 given how much it got when it was released.

How is the english voice acting in that game? I actually found a version of the game online years ago that was the Persona 3 FES version of the gane, and had all the original japanese voice acting in the game along with english text and hard coded subtitles during the cutscenes. Trying to see if I still have that disc lying around somewhere....
I Need your Halp! Nuff said

I agree. Persona 3 is still my favorite PS2 game of all time and I like it more than Persona 4 despite the improvements. P3P just streamlined the experience.

Thank you for the input. I've only played about an 1 hr in it so far, so I guess I should keep on playing ... lots of poeple seem to really love it.

For what it's worth, I'm playing on my playstationtv on my huge tv :) Finally put it to good use.

Also, I found the entire OST here... READ THE INFO FOR THE LINK.

if anyone wants to download it before it goes away. I checked it for viruses and didn't see it but you all can check and confirm.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_axOHcBxDYo

Feel free to put me on block instead of continuing to post these weird passive-aggressive responses to my posts.

If there's one thing I've learned it's that people on here hold grudges like mad. Can never let something go.
First of all, I'm pretty sure this is the first thing I've ever said to you, or about this subject.

Second, you're being very aggressive for no reason. Saying that I found something you said ironic is not a declaration of enmity and I have no desire to block you. Having a difference of opinion does not make someone your mortal enemy - but if you're going to keep acting like that, I feel no reason to even discuss it.

bread's done
Back