PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't know if this is the right thread, but any place to grab cheap Vita Memory Cards? (Would a 4 GB Suffice if I am just going to use it for saves and Persona 3 Portable)? Should I get an 8?

Need one for my Vita TV that is coming in.

Got P4 cheap. Now to hunt for Danganrompa, Virtue's Last Reward, and Tales of Hearts R for cheap.
Get an 8 because there's a handful of games that require the 8 GB and the 4 GB goes really fast. Target had had them on clearance recently so you may want to check there.

I did the RadioShack deal for the PSTV and they sent me a second (and third!) $10 off $25 or more coupon code so I used it for a 16gb vita card which brought it down to $25. Shipping was free but most people will probably get charged tax. Not the deal of the year but it was something and nice to not have to stress over space.

I don't think the LE is that great....listen to the OST on youtube. It's seems too much for the game I wouldn't enjoy it elsewhere. The artwork is beautiful though the artbook is really nothing. It's a cheap LE nonetheless but likely not worth it. The only physical copies will be through NISA though....much prefer my Vita games to be physical.
Very rare for someone to prefer physical copies of Vita games over digital. I have over 30 games on my 64gb card and still have 32gb of space left.

Wow...going all digital on your Vita would probably make grown cold men cry considering the prices of the memory cards. 

Besides, you can always stick your PSP games in it.

Also one would-be great feature of the Vita? Music player...that is if they fix the lame interface and maybe if you've got a good headphone amp. The sound quality rivals some of the better music players in the market. Believe me; I've got a few pretty expensive Sennheisers to help me judge how the sound is.

Very rare for someone to prefer physical copies of Vita games over digital. I have over 30 games on my 64gb card and still have 32gb of space left.
confused-animated-gif.gif

I'm still waiting for my Gravity Rush 2...I guess I should beat GR1 first though...lol...I just realized my Vita's been on (sleep and active) for almost 48 hours because every time it's time for ME to sleep, I'm in a place where there isn't a nearby save point for Tales of Hearts R. 

Wow...going all digital on your Vita would probably make grown cold men cry considering the prices of the memory cards.

Besides, you can always stick your PSP games in it.

Also one would-be great feature of the Vita? Music player...that is if they fix the lame interface and maybe if you've got a good headphone amp. The sound quality rivals some of the better music players in the market. Believe me; I've got a few pretty expensive Sennheisers to help me judge how the sound is.
It's only bad if you compare it to any other memory card type you can buy for anything within the last 10 years. As long as you imagine that it's a brand new technology that no one understands the prices don't seem bad.

It's only bad if you compare it to any other memory card type you can buy for anything within the last 10 years. As long as you imagine that it's a brand new technology that no one understands the prices don't seem bad.
You mean like when a 2GB flash drive was $60? Good times...

You guys must really like those eight physical releases the Vita has. ;)
*counts the cases on his shelf* Well I got 34 here - oh wait...scratch the Minecraft one off that list.

I'm still waiting for my Gravity Rush 2...I guess I should beat GR1 first though...lol...I just realized my Vita's been on (sleep and active) for almost 48 hours because every time it's time for ME to sleep, I'm in a place where there isn't a nearby save point for Tales of Hearts R.
You're never on the world map at those times?

You guys must really like those eight physical releases the Vita has. ;)
You're probably just joking, but I like that I have 20+ physical Vita games on my shelf.

confused-animated-gif.gif
My thought exactly.
Several games I probably would have bought if they were physically released in the us. FF x, ratchet and clank, soul sacrifice delta child of light. I skipped ragnarok ace for the last sale because it was worth an extra 8 bucks to not have it digitally. Sony is much better about supporting previous gen but at some point you won't have access to your digital games.

I would like to see some of the indie studios put their collections out as a physical release. To each their own.

You guys are drunk, there's not that many games on the whole system!

Seriously though, it's the most digital system that got screwed by it's stupid memory format. I think I have six physical games and only because it's stuff that was so cheap physical I had to get it (Hot Shots Golf, Touch My Katamari), hasn't been worth replacing with digital (Disgaea 3, Muramasa), or I impulse bought because there hasn't been a digital sale (Tales of Hearts, One Piece World Red).

Or more accurately it's like buying Zip drives (remember those?) after the whole world had already moved onto flash drives and SD cards.

You're probably just joking, but I like that I have 20+ physical Vita games on my shelf.
I have something like 40 but I have to admit some of the purchases would not have happened if I thought there would be a continuous stream of new ones. I also bought quite a few of the $5 games from best buy even though I have them from ps plus.

I just picked up the Borderlands bundle with the 8GB memory card. I'm gonna wait until I see a 64GB card for a good price before upgrading. No way I'm buying more of these money sinks than I need to.

I currently have 63 physical games. I ALWAYS prefer physical over digital. Even if I have to import the title just to get it physical (Child of Light UK and Final Fantasy X-2 English Asian version to name a couple). Just the way I am and never plan to change.

it look out of stock now but i was just able to get a order in about 5 minutes ago.

by the way does anyone know if this will work on ps tv? i thought i seen on some sites saying it will
I guess one of my orders actually went through back in Dec. I emailed them because I couldn't get their new site to work and apparently they show an order went through. I checked my account and I had an order since Dec 17th, lol.

Oh and to answer a question you asked later on, NIS LE are typically sold out before release and do hold their value well. New copies t are worth a little more than MSRP for a lot of them. Obviously, that's not always the case, but they do hold their value fairly well.

Sadly no, I'm always stuck in the middle of the dungeon I'm in. Smack. Dab. In the middle. My timing and sleep schedule is terrible I know.

You guys are drunk, there's not that many games on the whole system!

Seriously though, it's the most digital system that got screwed by it's stupid memory format. I think I have six physical games and only because it's stuff that was so cheap physical I had to get it (Hot Shots Golf, Touch My Katamari), hasn't been worth replacing with digital (Disgaea 3, Muramasa), or I impulse bought because there hasn't been a digital sale (Tales of Hearts, One Piece World Red).

Or more accurately it's like buying Zip drives (remember those?) after the whole world had already moved onto flash drives and SD cards.
Still have a Zip drive. Some college professor requested that his students use Zip drives to access files faster or something like that so my brother had to go out and get one and a deck of Zip disks. I tell you...

To each his own obviously but I don't get why anyone would want to cart a bunch of physical games around on any handheld when going digital to me is far preferable especially traveling-wise.

To each his own obviously but I don't get why anyone would want to cart a bunch of physical games around on any handheld when going digital to me is far preferable especially traveling-wise.
I have the Vault case which can carry 3 Vita games at a time. I rarely ever play more than 1 physical game at any given time on my Vita--case in point, I'm playing Tales of Hearts R and want to focus my full attention on that. I do have my fair share of digital games, but I thoroughly enjoy having physical copies whenever possible.

For a few bucks, I got a little plastic case that holds a dozen Vita carts. It fits neatly in my Vita case, which with an open screen is basically a requirement anyway.

People don't like digital for a variety of reasons; Vita isn't any different.

Psst. Come to the PC and Steam threads. We love digital. I don't get the whole box thing either. As primarily a PC gamer I find it all so last century but that's how most console people are right now.
Yeah, I came from the PC side and having been long adjusted to a Steam lifestyle when I went back to consoles it probably made it easier to get into.

Plus digital hoarding.

I have the Vault case which can carry 3 Vita games at a time. I rarely ever play more than 1 physical game at any given time on my Vita--case in point, I'm playing Tales of Hearts R and want to focus my full attention on that. I do have my fair share of digital games, but I thoroughly enjoy having physical copies whenever possible.
Same here. Great case. I also rarely play more than one game at a time. I am currently playing Danganronpa 2 and it won't be removed from my Vita until I finish it. (Fantastic series by the way. Highly recommended especially if you liked the Ace Attorney games.)

I carry around some games in a little thing like this: http://www.amazon.com/Bluecell-Clear-Memory-protection-Playstation-Vita/dp/B007H4YXJG/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1424376099&sr=8-3&keywords=ps+vita+card+case

Unlike you though, I have no focus so I'll play one game and start another and never finish the prior. I freely admit I'm an idiot regarding that.

Psst. Come to the PC and Steam threads. We love digital. I don't get the whole box thing either. As primarily a PC gamer I find it all so last century but that's how most console people are right now.
So three of the Ys games made it to GOG.com today and I'm pretty tempted to buy them anyway even though I got em on my PSP and Vita. #1080FTW

Since when c.c
Also I have like 3 digital games and my 8gb is out of space, so it largely depends on what sort of games you keep on your card. That's why I've been going physical.

All this digital talk made me so frustrated I had to go and hug my gaming shelf.
It's just my opinion that handhelds these days are geared toward being more digital friendly. I pretty much buy physical copies of PS4 games due to the huge digital footprint it takes to download a game on a measly 500gb hard drive.

I was just thinking how freaky it was that we started having a "physical > digital" discussion almost immediately after you posted.

The image of you I have in my head was screaming.

Oddly enough I love the convience of digital for PC stuff, but so far I haven't bought any console or portable games digitally that were available physically. It's kind of a wierd mental thing, plus I do enjoy the potential ability to make some money back if I ever do want to sell.

I love going digital and think Steam is pretty great but I honestly can't stand gaming on PC...but I'm just a caveman.

Oddly enough I love the convience of digital for PC stuff, but so far I haven't bought any console or portable games digitally that were available physically. It's kind of a wierd mental thing, plus I do enjoy the potential ability to make some money back if I ever do want to sell.

Are we going to talk about Hunnie Pop again?
I would buy it again if there were a Vita version. Hell I'd even buy a box if there was a collector's edition with extra junk like panties.

Have 200+ Steam Games. Only played 20 of them. >.>
I have 2,500+ (don't judge; it's way easier to hoard when you don't have to look at the boxes) and I honestly haven't played the vast majority. Idling for cards notwithstanding.

bread's done
Back