PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
Just to get back on track, the original comment wasn't about a GS store, it was about a mom&pop store that sold used videogames picking one random platform and dumping cases when they still keep cases for pretty much everything else.  It's dumb.

We have a locally run Replay's store that is really good about putting anything up that they get in.  If it has a case, it's on the shelf.  If it doesn't it's under glass.  I wish more stores out there were like that.  I'd certainly buy more physical games.  As is, it's easier to just wait for a sale and buy digital.

As for GS, it actually works to my benefit in the long run that they don't care so much.  I've bought many games during 4 for $10 or 4 for $20 sales... or buy 2 get 1... that were complete and in near perfect condition (minus removing a few stickers... which for a collector shouldn't be a deal breaker as it's easy to do).  Heck I've bought many used games that were new and just converted to used.  It's a good place to sometimes get a bargain.  Just not once  system is past it's prime.  Then, they get nasty and gut games down to their actual disc or cart and become a waste for me to bother with.  For current stuff though, they fit in well with how I collect on the cheap.

Mom & Pop stores though have to do something to make it worth going into.  They can't just emulate the GS motto of volume volume volume.  They need to cater to the people that buy old games and many of them are going to be more picky than current shoppers.  Not all of them are, but a lot will.

Updated this morning!

PS Vita Region 1 Physical Game Directory & Checklist and Region 2 Checklist:
http://www.tweeg.psoarchive.com/collect

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Announced & Upcoming Vita Physical Releases for Region 1:
Listed alphabetically with release date after title.

- 2016 -
Akiba's Beat (TBA)
Cosmic Star Heroine (TBA)
Criminal Girls 2: Party Favors (9/20)
DragonFantasy: The Black Tome of Ice: Special Edition (TBA)
Exist Archive: The Other Side of the Sky (10/18)
Fate/EXTELLA: The Umbral Star (11/15)
Gal*Gun: Double Peace (8/2)
MeiQ: Labyrinth of Death (9/13)
Muv-Luv Trilogy (November)
Hatsune Miku: Project Diva X (8/30)
Psycho-Pass: Mandatory Happiness (9/13)
Rabi-Ribi (4th Quarter)
Rainbow Moon (TBA)
Shantae: Half-Genie Hero (9/27)
Shovel Knight (October)
Soldner-X 2: Final Prototype (7/29)
Steins;Gate 0 (TBA)
SuperDimension Neptune vs Sega Hard Girls (10/18)
Teslagrad (11/24)
The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel II (9/2)
Valkyrie Drive: Bhikkhuni (9/16)
Volume (TBA)
World of Final Fantasy (10/25)
XeoDrifter (7/4)
YIIK: A Postmodern RPG (TBA)
Yomawari: Night Alone (10/25)

- 2017 -
Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (March)
Fault Milestone One (TBA)
Touhou: Genso Wanderer (TBA)
World End Economica Trilogy (TBA)

The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel II is coming out so soon. I'm not ready. I haven't bought or played the first one. Do you think the lionheart edition and standard edition will drop in price once the second game comes out?
I'm not sure if I should get it before the second game comes out.

It was posted by Olengie in the LRG thread that Josh from LRG twitter posted that this is coming in September. I wanted to post something more in lines with... "Um, he's sick. My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Ferris pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious.". Oh well, no final day yet but at least there is a month.

While it's cool this is coming out, The Black Tome of Ice is just an update/DefinitiveEdition of the SECOND game in the series. Had this been a bundle with the first, I think it would be a much better buy.

I just saw on NISAMERICA twitter page that they officially announced The Longest 5 Minutes is coming to the west in 2017.
For vita and steam I believe.
I want to post the link but it won't let me. Darn it I'm a new account.

I just saw on NISAMERICA twitter page that they officially announced The Longest 5 Minutes is coming to the west in 2017.
For vita and steam I believe.
I want to post the link but it won't let me. Darn it I'm a new account.
I got you covered:

https://twitter.com/NISAmerica/status/758376831582035968

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIPPG-5lItw

The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel II is coming out so soon. I'm not ready. I haven't bought or played the first one. Do you think the lionheart edition and standard edition will drop in price once the second game comes out?
I'm not sure if I should get it before the second game comes out.
There's a chance given that GS has quite a bit of them left. You can probably sit it out but I wouldn't wait too long after CSII comes out.

Oh and no, don't even try to play CSII before CSI. You MUST play CSI to know what is going on in the sequel.

Does anyone know if Valkyrie Drive Bhikkhuni is being sold anywhere other than Rice? I want it for my complete set, but I REALLY don't want to pay the shipping they are charging. Brexit or not, the U.K. is still part of the EU until the formal paperwork is filed.

3 things on the list I'm interested in:
Criminal Girls 2
Valkyrie Drive
Trails of Steel II

Will be able to wait on price drops, but I wouldn't mind paying full price for a standard edition of Valkyrie Drive without that outrageous shipping cost =( so hopefully Amazon, Best Buy or GameStop?

Does anyone know if Valkyrie Drive Bhikkhuni is being sold anywhere other than Rice? I want it for my complete set, but I REALLY don't want to pay the shipping they are charging. Brexit or not, the U.K. is still part of the EU until the formal paperwork is filed.

3 things on the list I'm interested in:
Criminal Girls 2
Valkyrie Drive
Trails of Steel II

Will be able to wait on price drops, but I wouldn't mind paying full price for a standard edition of Valkyrie Drive without that outrageous shipping cost =( so hopefully Amazon, Best Buy or GameStop?
Amazon will probably have Valkyrie Drive listed closer to its release date. Gal*Gun is listed there currently, and that's also from PQube/RiceDigital.

The shipping increase is not about Brexit, but rather about Rice moving to courier delivery probably based on damage and loss when shipping various items outside of the UK. I just hope that their packaging is decent as couriers can be just as rough as regular shipping companies.

Updated this morning!

PS Vita Region 1 Physical Game Directory & Checklist and Region 2 Checklist:
http://www.tweeg.psoarchive.com/collect

Announced & Upcoming Vita Physical Releases for Region 1:
Listed alphabetically with release date after title.

- 2016 -
Akiba's Beat (TBA)
Cosmic Star Heroine (TBA)
Criminal Girls 2: Party Favors (9/20)
Exist Archive: The Other Side of the Sky (10/18)
Fate/EXTELLA: The Umbral Star (11/15)
Gal*Gun: Double Peace (8/2)
MeiQ: Labyrinth of Death (9/13)
Muv-Luv Trilogy (November)
Hatsune Miku: Project Diva X (8/30)
Psycho-Pass: Mandatory Happiness (9/13)
Rabi-Ribi (4th Quarter)
Rainbow Moon (TBA)
Shantae: Half-Genie Hero (9/27)
Shovel Knight (October)
Soldner-X 2: Final Prototype (7/29)
Steins;Gate 0 (TBA)
SuperDimension Neptune vs Sega Hard Girls (10/18)
Teslagrad (11/24)
The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel II (9/2)
Valkyrie Drive: Bhikkhuni (9/16)
Volume (TBA)
World of Final Fantasy (10/25)
XeoDrifter (7/4)
YIIK: A Postmodern RPG (TBA)
Yomawari: Night Alone (10/25)

- 2017 -
Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (March)
Fault Milestone One (TBA)
Touhou: Genso Wanderer (TBA)
World End Economica Trilogy (TBA)

DragonFantasy: The Black Tome of Ice: Special Edition (TBA) is that a limited run game

Ah never heard of them before. Not even in the niche rpg thread.
For years, I ordered from them almost weekly, and was on a first name basis with their order girl(pre internet ordering). All the debt I had back in the mid to late 90's was from getting games from them, as I often paid for UPS Saturday delivery, which wasn't cheap.

Back when Lik-Sang was still around, this was my american spot to import, and they did tons of cool system mods as well. I got a Panasonic Q from them, that could play Japanese and US games. I also has the all white Japanese Saturn from them that was also modded for US games.

I still use them from time to time, but I just don't import much anymore, and when I do, it's for ASIA English games, and they don't carry those often. I did get my blue/white Vita slim from them a few years back, and I'm still loving it. NCSX is top shelf, and I have never had a single issue with them, EVER!

For years, I ordered from them almost weekly, and was on a first name basis with their order girl(pre internet ordering). All the debt I had back in the mid to late 90's was from getting games from them, as I often paid for UPS Saturday delivery, which wasn't cheap.

Back when Lik-Sang was still around, this was my american spot to import, and they did tons of cool system mods as well. I got a Panasonic Q from them, that could play Japanese and US games. I also has the all white Japanese Saturn from them that was also modded for US games.

I still use them from time to time, but I just don't import much anymore, and when I do, it's for ASIA English games, and they don't carry those often. I did get my blue/white Vita slim from them a few years back, and I'm still loving it. NCSX is top shelf, and I have never had a single issue with them, EVER!
I bought many games and systems from NCSX back then as well, including import Saturn systems and Neo Geo cartridges. I don't buy import games or systems anymore, and haven't for a long time. But they were always great to deal with and very honest and reliable.

I still have 6 sealed Saturns, 4 U.S. (modded for import games) and two Japanese ones, and still have all my Neo Geo games and systems.

Wait is the bloodstained a backer exclusive or retail?
There is backer exclusive content, which has not yet been clarified as all indication thus far to date has been that it would be pre-installed on backer copies. THat would be amazing, but in reality that would likely become a manufacturing nightmare if they were to do that, so expext the backer copies to include some manner of DLC access code in the case.

There will be a backer exclusive slip cover for certain though. The real question is what company or companies will they "retail" through with the standard retail copies. GameStop seems likely, but they may go the PQube route and use Amazon.com instead, or possibly even sell it direct through FanGamer.com. If you don't want to risk missing out I would advise biting the proverbial bullet and backing it while still possible to do so, pricey for a standard "backer" version, but not the most expensive game we've seen come out for the Vita. And who knows, if they really do end up making two different versions of the game cart that could quickly become sought after.

Someone posted this on a Facebook Group so yes the limited edition does come in its own box 

Nd2jK6l.jpg

I already got my copy from Best Buy, but I still want the LE.. Maybe I'll order it anyway and get rid of the other one.
I plan on returning my plain version to Best Buy. Just placed an order to Aksys for the Shiren LE and XBlaze Vita to get free shipping. Came out to $79.98 for both.

Fired up a few games last night after playing some Asphalt.  First was Widgets Odyssey.  I had seen enough in a CGR Undertow review to know the game was a little bit wonky with platforming so my expectations were fairly low.  The overall experience though was actually pretty good.  The cutscenes are very well done and quite humorous.  The platforming is a bit wonky but it's not exactly precision stuff, it's mainly flipping switches to figure out how to finish the level.  It gave me a slight (I mean slight) Earthworm Jim vibe with how some levels are solved.  Anyway after that I played some Dragon Fantasy Book 1.  Overall, the game is EXCEPTIONAL for any fans of classic DQ & FF games.  I mean... exceptionally good stuff.  I ended up playing that for a few hours before finally having to just stop.   If you enjoyed the old school rpg's... this is worth it.  I like that you can level grind to make the game easier but making it easier sort of ruins getting some of the treasures.  So there's more than one way to play.  Grind or buy tons of healing items.

It's cool the Shiren LE is in a box.  I couldn't imagine it coming any other way.   I really love the art in those games... if only I loved the genre.   If it allowed some breaking of the death penalty (like through multiple save loopholes or whatever)... I'd be interested.

My patience (since I missed them on sale in January) is running out. Pretty soon I'm just going to take the plunge and buy all the Danganronpa games at full price.

I just know that as soon as I pull the trigger, they'll go on sale 40% off or something.

Wow that Shiren LE looks fantastic. I've had a little time to run through some of the training tasks and so far I really like the game. Ordered the LE and will keep my BB copy, games like this are very rare on the Vita.

I didn't want to be left hanging so I went ahead and ordered a pair of the Shiren LEs from the Aksys store.  That box does look good.  You always want to have the LEs for great games.  Hopefully it comes soon because i was going to play the game today, but I'll have to wait until they arrive and then return this copy to BB. 

Wonder how many of these they made and how fast it's going to sell out?  My gut says it sells out quickly since the game is receiving post-release hype due to its quality. 

Have finally ordered Senran Kagura: Estival Versus (crosses fingers that it arrives intact).

Also GameStop.com is done and out for the count right now, perhaps an attack being implemented by fellow collector's for all these long years of committing atrocities against video games? Well, one can always hope.

Someone said they need more Danganronpa.

Amazon.com (free shipping on orders over $49):
$29.75 - Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc
$29.67 - Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair
$38.90 - Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls

NewEgg.com (free shipping):
$31.60 - Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc
$31.60 - Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair
$29.99 - Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls

NISAmerica.com (free shipping on orders over $75):
$39.99 - Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair
$64.99 - Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls: Limited Edition

bread's done