PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
I made a mistake! Pre-ordered Valkyrie Drive Liberator edition from Rice Digital, and then planned on using a forwarding service to get it sent to me. I ended up saving about $20 last release by doing it that way.

Well, the Valkyrie Drive LE apparently is larger than the last thing I ordered, so the cheapest shipping option was $34 through DHL using the forwarding service.

Guess that'll teach me! Rice digital's shipping costs are horrible, but it looks like if I want something I'll have to pay it. Unfortunately due to this, I can't bring myself to order the Root Letter and Steins:Gate editions. >.< Especially since I just bought a brand new truck.
Sadly, I've had to many issues from Rice in the past with shipping, and while their charging way more than they used to, it doesn't look like packaging has improved, and with VGP in Canada offering most of the extra art books that come in Rice's sets(which is the only extra I really want), I'm over using them unless no other options are out there.

I ordered all three at the same time and it was $30 to ship all three. The price still sucks, but $10 each is better than $30.
If I was going to order from them again, this would be my plan as well. Get the most bang for the buck as possible.

Criminal Girls 1 was easily likely my favorite NISA game the year it came out (I don't like many of their games anymore). It's more in depth and has good characters worth caring about.
I'm playing through the first one right now, and yeah, I'm surprised at how deep the battle system actually is and engaging the gameplay, characters are. My only complaint is the censored mini games, it's kind of annoying that you have to put up with them and you aren't even shown the goods >_>

I'm playing through the first one right now, and yeah, I'm surprised at how deep the battle system actually is and engaging the gameplay, characters are. My only complaint is the censored mini games, it's kind of annoying that you have to put up with them and you aren't even shown the goods >_>
Yeah I would like the voices and the pink fog is annoying. Still a good game, but yeah....the mini game kind of sucks anyway.

Anyone know if the Vita version of Berserk is getting a physical english release?

Anyone know if the Vita version of Berserk is getting a physical english release?
Outside of Japan, rather doubtful. Best hope is if there is a Southeast Asia release. Really though we won't know much until after the Japanese release transpires as it is uncommon to learn of foreign release plans before the domestic (Japanese) release happens.

Anyone who has played valkyrie drive, how big is the game file on vita after the update? [Without the sound dlc]

First impressions?

I'm still on the fence.

On average, how long after release does Best Buy stock Vita games? I ask because I want to get World of Final Fantasy but I would like to wait until early December for Best Buys B2G1 promo. But at the same time I am worried that the game will no longer will be in stock at Best Buy 6 weeks after release or so.

On average, how long after release does Best Buy stock Vita games? I ask because I want to get World of Final Fantasy but I would like to wait until early December for Best Buys B2G1 promo. But at the same time I am worried that the game will no longer will be in stock at Best Buy 6 weeks after release or so.
i wouldnt count on best buy getting the vita version at all

Criminal Girls 2    i cant belive how freaking hard this game is..  it went from me to a  good game to an okay game

first the mini games you can now use buttons instead of  touch screen

first event  you have to use both  nods and  either push up and down or side to side  (think left is side  right is up down)

2nd event  you just have to move the nob and push a button

didnt make it beyond this 

the game isnt  very  hard  (playing on normal   - there is normal and causal)   its not that hard until you get to the bosses 

so far on the first  stage i was level 4 and had to grind to  level 5  to beat the boss  on normal

on the 2nd  dungon  right now im  level 9   and no  way to kill the 2nd  boss     the girls have like 80 hp and the boss hits for 100 pts so its one shot kills

so if your going to play on normal get ready to grind grind gring..(you can change it to casual if you want)  

I just got the party favors edition of criminal girls 2 and was wondering if anyone has seen any other microfiber cloths that are like the one in this set?

As stated, Beat Buy most likely won't stock this, or any future Vita games, in store. Online it's been hit or miss. Odin Sphere sold out and never came back, but other games stay in stock. My guess is that Best Buy will have these available online for Christmas.

That being said, Vita isn't usually included in the B2G1.

I just got the party favors edition of criminal girls 2 and was wondering if anyone has seen any other microfiber cloths that are like the one in this set?
Disgaea 4 LE, Psycho-pass LE and Ar Nosurge Plus LE came with a microfiber cloth about the same size. But if you mean similar by adult in nature, then I'm not sure.

I just got an email from BB saying that Shantae is pushed back to 12/13
Thanks for the heads up. I have my pre-order prepaid over at a local GS. I've considered seeing about just refunding it and moving it to Amazon... maybe I'll go ahead and do that this weekend.

Man I am really looking forward to Salt and Sanctuary and Va-11-halla which are supposed to come out this year. Is it safe to say that neither will meet that deadline since there hasn't been an exact release date yet for either? I mean, we are 10 weeks away from the end of the year....

Idk why I keep getting intrigued by Grand Kingdom.  I really don't need to be buying it since I hve two versions on PS4 I have played very minimally x.x

Have the first in a series of 26 Vita "Best of R1 Physical Games" polls presently underway on GameFAQs. If you happen to have a GameFAQs account please participate. Only running the polling on one website as the data could be far to easily skewed if i were running it on more than one forum. Data collected will be used in the Vita collector's guide I'm working on as a side project. : http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/620272-playstation-vita/74411115

The polling plan is to run through the first three quarters of 2016 and then reset to the beginning and poll on the quarters of 2012 - 2015. This planned polling setup will run a seventy-eight day gambit if able to continue it non-stop, which means it will be sometime in January before this polling setup ends. Each poll will last for 72-hours (three days) and then I will close the topic down and log the data.

Polling will work like this.

(Year 201x):

1st Quarter Poll - Winner moves to GOTY 201x Final Poll

2nd Quarter Poll- Winner moves to GOTY 201x Final Poll

3rd Quarter Poll- Winner moves to GOTY 201x Final Poll

4th Quarter Poll- Winner moves to GOTY 201x Final Poll

Year 201x GOTY Poll - Winner moves to the finale GOTFFY Poll

When all twenty-five of the first five years polls have run their course the "Game of the First Five Years" Poll will commence, and should prove quite entertaining I suspect. Again, this will transpire last, poll #26.

Year 2016 4th Quarter and GOTY Polls will obviously be last and transpire sometime in January 2017. There've been a great number of similar polls run by people on the GameFAQs Vita board over the years, but I take quite seriously and shall be collecting the hard data on the entire planned twenty-six poll polling series.

Hurray for Shallie!

Now, let's just hope the news will not be of a soul crushing "digital only release" sort. :(

Honestly in real upset Sony didn't take the opportunity to turn the vita into a vr machine the same way Samsung turned the galaxy into one. Vita VR would have been awesome. Especially as a simple helmet you just plug your vita into. Could have brought new life to the system as far as Sony could tell.

Honestly in real upset Sony didn't take the opportunity to turn the vita into a vr machine the same way Samsung turned the galaxy into one. Vita VR would have been awesome. Especially as a simple helmet you just plug your vita into. Could have brought new life to the system as far as Sony could tell.
Yes! I was thinking the same thing. They should have come out with a 3000 model with higher resolution and made a VR headset that worked with all models PSVita. Missed opportunity.

They may do the NISA LE physical thing again....I could see that.
Yes! I was thinking the same thing. They should have come out with a 3000 model with higher resolution and made a VR headset that worked with all models PSVita. Missed opportunity.
I can't see any reason Sony should have done it. They have already abandoned Vita long time ago, it's on life-support by third parties only. There have been nothing added to new firmware but only to patch security holes every time.

Reviving a 5 years old outdated hardware is not going to be a wise investment for company, it's only good for existing owners, not going to attract new buyers.

In fact, their Xperia phones can already do VR (any smartphone can do it not just Samsung) and it supports RemotePlay, might be they could add VR RemotePlay to it (which might compete their own VR headset) and it's truly wireless compared to its own PSVR.

bread's done
Back