PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
Tweeg aside from a car loan I have literally zero debt and my credit score is almost as high as you can possibly get. If you pay the card off in full every month as stated before you never accumulate any debt and instead get anywhere from 1-5% back in cash rewards. I've never paid a dime to a credit card company in my life aside from the amount I charged. Works extremely well.

Yeah.  As long as you have self-control and pay the balance off every month, there's really no negative to using credit cards.

Reward points, sign-up bonuses, cashback, extended warranties, price protection, fraud protection, etc...

First it was sealed/unsealed products and their value to the people that own them, and now we're talking about building credit and managing debt?

Man, I wish there were more Vita deals to talk about.

Yes, I know where the unfollow tab is, the above was simply a joke.

One of the factors in credit score is how much revolving credit you have available to you that you haven't used.  So, for example, you have $100,000 limit on your card and you pay off your card every month, each month you will show up as having a $100,000 line of credit with very little used (typically whatever charges you've been running on it that month will show as used as utilized credit).  This indicates that you use credit wisely and it absolutely helps your credit score.

The problem with this argument is the "building good credit" bit. Building credit requires one to go actually incur debt, and I much prefer living the good life of having others owe me money than to owe others money. And right now, there's only one person who owes me money, a whopping $2. Now see you can have a debit card, which works for making payments just like a credit card, except you have no debt associated therewith as you are making payments against the balance of money you actually have deposited in the bank. The whole point of the "credit score" is a farce to encourage one to go into more debt and works as a system that other creditors may look up to decide if you're someone they are willing to loan out money to, truly pointless.
I can see someone only buying a car with cash but how do you realistically expect to buy a home without going into debt? The whole point of a good credit score is so you can get a good rate on a loan for something that you typically get a loan for, like a car or a house.

Paying off all your CCs in full every month still helps your credit score and does not mean you have to go into debt. By paying in full, you are showing lenders that you are responsible with your money and will be able to repay any loan they give you. I have never paid a penny in interest across all of my credit cards, so I have never accrued any debt that way.

1. Get several credit cards, and pay the last month's in full while leaving the utilization at around 3%. 0% credit card utilization reported is bad for your credit. Always keep it at 4% - 5% through careful calculation and maintaining a small balance. 

2. Use your good credit to buy a car, pay around half in cash, the other half with a low interest loan. Most Toyota dealers offer 0%. Build up credit by paying everything on time for a while.

3. Four months before buying a house, pay off all your car debts completely using cash. This will trickle to your report as you have successfully applied and closed a car loan. 

4. With around 775+ credit score, 5+ years credit history, apply for mortgage. This is the ultimate goal of a credit score, because 0.1% difference in interest rate on a 700K mortgage is a big deal.

5. After that your credit score doesn't really matter that much, except at the time of refi. Good thing now, is you can take advantage of various credit card opening rewards without thinking. The latest one is the Chase Sapphire Reserve, open, get $1500 in credit for flights, $300x3 travel credits and free upgrades to VIP lounges. Close it while only paying the $175 annual fee once. Your credit score will dip, but what do you care, not like it's that important now anyways.

1. Get several credit cards, and pay the last month's in full while leaving the utilization at around 3%. 0% credit card utilization reported is bad for your credit. Always keep it at 4% - 5% through careful calculation and maintaining a small balance.
2. Use your good credit to buy a car, pay around half in cash, the other half with a low interest loan. Most Toyota dealers offer 0%. Build up credit by paying everything on time for a while.
3. Four months before buying a house, pay off all your car debts completely using cash. This will trickle to your report as you have successfully applied and closed a car loan.
4. With around 775+ credit score, 5+ years credit history, apply for mortgage. This is the ultimate goal of a credit score, because 0.1% difference in interest rate on a 700K mortgage is a big deal.
5. After that your credit score doesn't really matter that much, except at the time of refi. Good thing now, is you can take advantage of various credit card opening rewards without thinking. The latest one is the Chase Sapphire Reserve, open, get $1500 in credit for flights, $300x3 travel credits and free upgrades to VIP lounges. Close it while only paying the $175 annual fee once. Your credit score will dip, but what do you care, not like it's that important now anyways.
I just read about that sweet Sapphire Reserve card recently. Definitely applying for it this weekend.

The problem with this argument is the "building good credit" bit. Building credit requires one to go actually incur debt
Lol. Nope. You don't have to pay a cent of interest, ever, for good credit. Looks like you need to actually read up.

Edit:
You guys care about credit utilization way too much. That adjusts monthly and is only like 10 point difference.

You guys care about credit utilization way too much. That adjusts monthly and is only like 10 point difference.
Yeah, but after you take care of the major items (e.g. no late payments, which shouldn't happen anytime anyway), a healthy utilization is the only factor under your control that can give your credit score a upswing every month.

Yeah, but after you take care of the major items (e.g. no late payments, which shouldn't happen anytime anyway), a healthy utilization is the only factor under your control that can give your credit score a upswing every month.
It won't give you an upswing every month. Say your score is 820 and you have 5% utilization. You're not going to hit 825 keeping it at 5%. And it won't go down at 10% either.

It won't give you an upswing every month. Say your score is 820 and you have 5% utilization. You're not going to hit 825 keeping it at 5%. And it won't go down at 10% either.
I think you are right. I get monthly updates on my credit score and have been tracking it for more than a year. As someone with a score above 820 and with 0% utilization on my credit cards... I can tell you when I hit 0% my credit score actually started going up. It hasn't changed one way or the other since it hit the spot it's currently at.

A lot of the old rules (like keeping a certain amount of debt) don't apply as much anymore. Some of the main factors are accounts open, age of account, available balance, and history of on time payment.

Yeah, "upswing" is bad wording on my part. Obviously it is not going to monotonically increase with a good utilization, I meant monotonically non-decreasing. Main point is, unless for infrequent actions (loans etc.), a good utilization is the only thing you can control on a daily basis to actively keep your credit scores in a healthy state, so it is important assuming one does not make major mistakes like late payments.

Thankfully most games I already own or played. But still, god damn it, GS. Really appreciate your effort (although I don't flip and don't really utilize your delta information) blackbeard. I write scripts for my jobs and know it is always not as easy as the end user imagines it to be.

Thankfully most games I already own or played. But still, god damn it, GS. Really appreciate your effort (although I don't flip and don't really utilize your delta information) blackbeard. I write scripts for my jobs and know it is always not as easy as the end user imagines it to be.
It's taken nearly 20,000 lines of code for this if you can believe it. Lots of string manipulation... :wall: but it's worth it in the end if it is helping me and everyone else.

iUPlqis.jpg

wow   criminal girls  2   4th punishment is unplayable almost  using the buttons  seems i  will break the vita  

you have to spin the right nob  to spin it to the right  color  while  using the left nob to move the arrow  while holding down the  X button while the color changes 

It's taken nearly 20,000 lines of code for this if you can believe it. Lots of string manipulation... :wall: but it's worth it in the end if it is helping me and everyone else.
Ha, ever since I graduated, I am never going to write more than 100+ lines of code for free.

If you are still a student, this is a very good exercise. Data manipulation experts (a.k.a. data "scientists") are in big demand in silicon valley. If you have a strong statistics and probability background, you can easily score an annual salary of $150K here.

Yeah, "upswing" is bad wording on my part. Obviously it is not going to monotonically increase with a good utilization, I meant monotonically non-decreasing. Main point is, unless for infrequent actions (loans etc.), a good utilization is the only thing you can control on a daily basis to actively keep your credit scores in a healthy state, so it is important assuming one does not make major mistakes like late payments.

say hello to your black friday games on the vita jack them up then drop them to where they was an call it a sale

Anyone else feel like prices on Vita games have gone up in general? I'm 85 deep on a NA complete set and have been noticing most titles are over $20. Even super junk like Reality Fighters, Smart As, Spongebob are around 15. Seems like stuff was cheaper before LRG got big. Thoughts?

Just found the metal gear collection on Groupon for 20 bucks. Used a 15 dollar code so it came out to 9.88 after shipping/taxes.

Anyone see any good console deals recently? 

Anyone else feel like prices on Vita games have gone up in general? I'm 85 deep on a NA complete set and have been noticing most titles are over $20. Even super junk like Reality Fighters, Smart As, Spongebob are around 15. Seems like stuff was cheaper before LRG got big. Thoughts?
You're not alone. Part of the problem is that Vita games have disappeared from almost all brick and mortar retailers thus reducing the chance of finding a game on clearance.

hm.. anyone get their copy of Sega Hard from IFFY? I got my tracking number n crap but when I check it, it only tells me shipping info has been received and no idea if they did ship it out or what...

what is the cheapest vita console sale? I'm looking to buy an extra for my nephew.
Hah! Same situation here. Cheapest I've found so far have been at local pawn shops for $90. All I've seen so far have been working units, but all have also been fairly scratched up. Scratches aren't a deal breaker unless on the screen, and so far the five or six I've come across have had screen scratches, which is just shameful when screen protector film is so cheap. Keep an eye on Craigslist as well as some reasonable bundles do pop up from time to time, but they go quick.

say hello to your black friday games on the vita jack them up then drop them to where they was an call it a sale
This is what GameStop has been doing for years. Used game prices go up at minimum 20% late October so that the Black Friday sale seems like a better deal than it actually is. Prices start going lower again by February.

See above. GameStop/EB dominates the American and Canadian markets, so when they start jacking up their prices, so do the other resellers. It's artificial market inflation for the most part. The other part is so many of us, like yourself, are working on getting a complete release set for our region(s), and that is something that only the absolute most hardcore gamers use to even contemplate striving for, so that has created a slight increase in the demand for all of the titles, especially complete copies. Hence why this exists.: http://www.tweeg.psoarchive.com/collect/index.html

This is what GameStop has been doing for years. Used game prices go up at minimum 20% late October so that the Black Friday sale seems like a better deal than it actually is. Prices start going lower again by February.
I ran a warehouse years ago for a chain of retail stores, and the buyer for our kids division did shit like that on the regular. She would print new tags for merchandise with a higher retail price, only to put a red line through it, and price the items as they normally where priced. That way, shoppers would think they where getting a great deal.

Since these stores where in Vegas, 99% of the customers where tourist and no one was ever the wiser. It really just opened my eyes more to the world I suppose, as I realized everyone is running some kind of game, and trying to get over.

I ran a warehouse years ago for a chain of retail stores, and the buyer for our kids division did shit like that on the regular. She would print new tags for merchandise with a higher retail price, only to put a red line through it, and price the items as they normally where priced. That way, shoppers would think they where getting a great deal.

Since these stores where in Vegas, 99% of the customers where tourist and no one was ever the wiser. It really just opened my eyes more to the world I suppose, as I realized everyone is running some kind of game, and trying to get over.
Yeah there are a lot of tricks retailers use. Heck even the companies making stuff do all kind of psychological trickery to make something seem like a Limited Edition or that it's only available a short time to get more people to take action to getting whatever is being sold. Some people are very susceptible to that stuff. Same for just how the packaging looks.

Are counterfeit Vita games on eBay a thing? I found a few JP titles I want to import that are a decent bit cheaper than Play-Asia and I'm wondering if they're legit. They aren't like $5 shipped (AKA obvious scam) mind you, but ~$15 cheaper than P-A.

Are counterfeit Vita games on eBay a thing? I found a few JP titles I want to import that are a decent bit cheaper than Play-Asia and I'm wondering if they're legit. They aren't like $5 shipped (AKA obvious scam) mind you, but ~$15 cheaper than P-A.
Use the feedback as a guide, that's why it's there. Play-Asia often marks items up, and sometimes retailers are just trying to clear inventory and are willing to take the loss.

hm.. anyone get their copy of Sega Hard from IFFY? I got my tracking number n crap but when I check it, it only tells me shipping info has been received and no idea if they did ship it out or what...
I've gotten it and beaten it. 14 hours total. I could have finished even earlier if not for wanting to grind some missions.

My LE from Iffy was delivered on Monday... hoping today I can actually leave the office before my building's secure package room closes for the night and actually pick it up (along with the mountain of other packages I've received this week)... ugh.

LRG Finally mailed out Thomas Was Alone and One Way Heroics yesterday, should arrive tomorrow.

So, Nintendo realizes they can't beat the Vita and PS4 duo, so they are just going to imitate both with their new handheld-hybrid console. Not to confident that's going to work out, rather drastic departure for them the traditional staple of a pocket fitting handheld. And I'm betting that price tag is going to be at minimum $299.99.

LRG Finally mailed out Thomas Was Alone and One Way Heroics yesterday, should arrive tomorrow.

So, Nintendo realizes they can't beat the Vita and PS4 duo, so they are just going to imitate both with their new handheld-hybrid console. Not to confident that's going to work out, rather drastic departure for them the traditional staple of a pocket fitting handheld. And I'm betting that price tag is going to be at minimum $299.99.
I've been a pretty harsh critic of Nintendo's gaming hardware for years now, but I think this new system is a good idea. I'm a big fan of handhelds and the "Switch" (terrible name) looks to be far better than the poorly designed 3DS.

The big question of course is games: if the Switch is once again limited to mainly Nintendo games, like so many systems before it, it won't have any appeal to me (and probably many others).

I actually hope they succeed, ignite interest in the handheld gaming regime, pull some attention from phone casuals, and make a strong message to Sony that "dedicated handheld market is still lucrative, as long as you support it wholeheartedly".

I'm super excited about Switch despite never having any N stuff after NES. If they announce DS/3DS backwards compatibility, and port over some games I am dying to play (Tokyo Mirage, Bayo 2, Bravely) I might even purchase day one just to show support.

It is promising that Nintendo seems to have fully realized their biggest shortcoming which is lack of third party support.  Will believe it when I see it though.  They seemed to not care before. 

Nintendo sells enough systems on their own merits alone.  It will be interesting to see if franchises like Elder Scrolls and EA sports begin to publish their games on the Switch day1.  Rather than the Switch just receiving older remasters (New Play Control Skyrim!) or current releases with dumbed down graphics. 

If Nintendo goes the route of overpriced last gen hardware like they usually do, then it will just be more of the same.  Hard to be optimistic here. 

What everyone is dying to know is if the Switch will play 3DS (or new portable) games on the big screen.  Another dealbreaker.

I actually hope they succeed, ignite interest in the handheld gaming regime, pull some attention from phone casuals, and make a strong message to Sony that "dedicated handheld market is still lucrative, as long as you support it wholeheartedly".

I'm super excited about Switch despite never having any N stuff after NES. If they announce DS/3DS backwards compatibility, and port over some games I am dying to play (Tokyo Mirage, Bayo 2, Bravely) I might even purchase day one just to show support.
I agree.

If the Switch is priced reasonably and they do come out with Skyrim and other top notch 3rd party titles, I think it will do VERY well. In turn I think Sony will make a better version of the Vita that will run PS4 games. Which will make me very happy.

I've been a pretty harsh critic of Nintendo's gaming hardware for years now, but I think this new system is a good idea. I'm a big fan of handhelds and the "Switch" (terrible name) looks to be far better than the poorly designed 3DS.

The big question of course is games: if the Switch is once again limited to mainly Nintendo games, like so many systems before it, it won't have any appeal to me (and probably many others).
I don't know... if the Nintendo games are more core real games with less reliance on motion controls ... that'll make a huge deal to me. Still, if they get some really good third party support then I could go all in. I'd love to see GTAV on this.

The Switch looks like it will be a Day One purchase for me.  I am beyond pumped that in the entire trailer they didn't once show motion control or non-gamer "family appeal" (I hope that's not just because the likely audience for an initial console launch vid are core gamers).  That said, I'm not sure what to think about the mobile aspect of it.  It just doesn't look comfortable to play in Wii U gamepad mode.   I love the Wii U, but I can't stand the feel of playing with the gamepad (and the Switch looks almost identical in dimensions when used that way).

bread's done
Back