PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
LRG just sent me an email this morning promoting it, so hopefully that will push it over the mark. But considering how many where soured after Friday's release, LRG sending out an email might not be that well received. LOL
It's received about $6000 in the 4 hours since the email was sent. I'm guessing it will make it, but just barely. Unless it gets a big push just as soon as the vita reward is met.

It's received about $6000 in the 4 hours since the email was sent. I'm guessing it will make it, but just barely. Unless it gets a big push just as soon as the vita reward is met.
That's what normally happens, so I'm sure they'll reach it, and then those on the fence will jump in as well. Hopefully there won't be any production or cancellation issues down the road.

That's what normally happens, so I'm sure they'll reach it, and then those on the fence will jump in as well. Hopefully there won't be any production or cancellation issues down the road.
Who knows? Maybe they'll cancel this new one, and start a third kickstarter for the game, and say those past two times they were just kidding, but now it's for real, real, real, so people should definitely fund it at the new $200k goal.

finally cave in and bought a psv 2000 with 64GB for $175 on ebay. I also received a 15% off psn code for 5 years of ps. pm me if somebody wants it.

EDIT: code gone

Aksys has officially extended their Holiday Sale through the end of today (Monday 12/19).

http://store.aksysgames.com/collections/reduced

carousel-item-1.jpg

Exist Archive is still on the downward trend, currently at $15.45. Also Stranger of Sword City has dropped $.60 since last night, currently at $21.17. I'm really hoping for $15 and $20 respectively.

I think I'll wait for $10 or less on Exist Archive and Stranger in sword city.

Although I've gotten burned on some cheap vita purchases lately.

Ray Gigant and Lost Dimension were both pretty bad.

I have the first generation Vita and I can't log into Playstation Store. I have been having this problem for a few weeks. My wifi works and I tried looking up solutions online but can't really find anything that works. I also tried reseting my Vita and that didn't work. Anyone have any ideas what I can do? Thanks

I have the first generation Vita and I can't log into Playstation Store. I have been having this problem for a few weeks. My wifi works and I tried looking up solutions online but can't really find anything that works. I also tried reseting my Vita and that didn't work. Anyone have any ideas what I can do? Thanks
Are you getting any kind of error message?

I'm not planning to back Sharin no Kuni. It just doesn't sound like that interesting a story to me. Looks like it's $4883 to the Vita goal. I'm sure that'll change the minds of anyone that collects vita games if/when it gets there.

If the system is hacked then it's likely because it's not up to date. But if not then... I found a possible solution:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpSduvfibRQ

Something arrived today from BB, I think it was my Shantae. 

Yep it was! Nice box and everything with the soundtrack.

I'm not planning to back Sharin no Kuni. It just doesn't sound like that interesting a story to me. Looks like it's $4883 to the Vita goal. I'm sure that'll change the minds of anyone that collects vita games if/when it gets there.

If the system is hacked then it's likely because it's not up to date. But if not then... I found a possible solution:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpSduvfibRQ
Thanks I tried that exact video earlier. I don't even have that option in my network menu in my Vita. My Vita isn't hacked. I think it may have to do with the DNS/IP Address.

Take the Vita somewhere else and try to connect on different Wi-Fi to see if it's the system or something with your network.

Thanks I tried that exact video earlier. I don't even have that option in my network menu in my Vita. My Vita isn't hacked. I think it may have to do with the DNS/IP Address.
It could simply be an ip conflict on the same network. There are a lot of possibilities. Resetting your internet hardware could help.

Looks like Plague Road will also have a variant cover for KS only.

Glad I decided to not do all the extra variants earlier, because it certainly looks like this is just the beginning for LRG releases. :p

yeah, the variant cover thing is just silly. they really don't need any gimmicks to sell out. i knew it was gonna happen for plague when i saw the email for the vn one. it was pretty obvious that plague was going to be done by them(ps4 and vita only for physical tiers).

yeah, the variant cover thing is just silly. they really don't need any gimmicks to sell out. i knew it was gonna happen for plague when i saw the email for the vn one. it was pretty obvious that plague was going to be done by them(ps4 and vita only for physical tiers).
Indeed.

From the discussions on the forum, apparently Doug had already talked to them at PSX, and agreed to give them a hand.

I'm happy since more Vita games coming our way. :D

I'm assuming the soundtrack is in a paper sleeve and not an actual case?
If all of the previous releases is any indication, it will most likely be packaged in a box at least since all of the other Xseed Vita releases with soundtracks were like that.

The disc itself might be in a thicker cardboard foldout sleeve, if we're going by previous sets with soundtracks.

I had this issue about two months back. Ultimately, manually changing my DNS settings resolved the issue, but I still don't know what caused it to begin with.

LRG just sent me an email this morning promoting it, so hopefully that will push it over the mark. But considering how many where soured after Friday's release, LRG sending out an email might not be that well received. LOL
At this point I have only been lucky enough to get one game I wanted from LRG so I am no longer even going to try.
They need to move to a pre-order system and get rid of this "Oh I got lucky and checked out quick enough to get one"

sent from my galaxy s6 edge plus using tapatalk on android

I'm assuming the soundtrack is in a paper sleeve and not an actual case?

If all of the previous releases is any indication, it will most likely be packaged in a box at least since all of the other Xseed Vita releases with soundtracks were like that.

The disc itself might be in a thicker cardboard foldout sleeve, if we're going by previous sets with soundtracks.
It's got some plastic in it but it's basically what squarehard said. I haven't actually got into mine yet, I just opened the box and inspected the contents.

Is there a cap to the Vita's download speed? I upgraded my internet to 80 Mbps, but I noticed my slim is only pulling ~7 Mbps down and 1-2 Mbps up.

I have it connected to a dual band router, but I can only connect it to the 2.4 GHz band, not the 5 GHz. I'm assuming these are all Vita hardware limitations, right? 

It really wouldnt be a big deal that you can't transfer saves. I transferred my save from CS1->CS2 and the most I got was some extra items due to my perfect class rating (via a guide). And there will probably be recaps included for CS1&2, like how there is a recap of CS1 in CS2.

Maybe they could read trophy history. "Thanks for playing CS1 & 2! Have some bonus items."

Knowing Falcom, they will probably do an "evolution" version for PS4 of 1&2 - similar to how they did it for Trails in the Sky. And those will probably stay Japan exclusive as well.

An Update from Muv Luv

Muv-Luv PS Vita port has been ongoing since our previous update, and we may have some big news in a month or so from now. Please stay tuned PS Vita fans!

After the completion of Muv Luv Alternative for PC, all efforts will be focused on the Vita versions of the games

Physical rewards will be shipped as soon as possible once Muv-Luv Alternative is released on Steam. If you have pledged for PS Vita physical, your rewards will be reserved for a second batch of shipping which which will be a few months later—depending on how much time the following will take:
1. Muv-Luv Alternative porting
2. Cartridge production
3. Sony approval .
To elaborate further, let's say the PC backer's physicals ship in June. Pledges containing a copy of the physical PS Vita version will likely be sent by September.
This is still a rough (worst case) estimate, and rewards may ship early if everything goes well.. We'll keep everyone posted!

Dang this has been a long wait for Muv Luv.  I'm glad I did the Kickstarter but man it's going to be ~2 years from the kickstarter to the vita ports.  I don't think I can take this kind of wait again.   I just hope Vita carts don't abruptly stop being produced middle of the year or something in 2017 and we all get shafted.

Is there a cap to the Vita's download speed? I upgraded my internet to 80 Mbps, but I noticed my slim is only pulling ~7 Mbps down and 1-2 Mbps up.

I have it connected to a dual band router, but I can only connect it to the 2.4 GHz band, not the 5 GHz. I'm assuming these are all Vita hardware limitations, right?
Could be PSN, could be the memory card write speeds.

Dang this has been a long wait for Muv Luv. I'm glad I did the Kickstarter but man it's going to be ~2 years from the kickstarter to the vita ports. I don't think I can take this kind of wait again. I just hope Vita carts don't abruptly stop being produced middle of the year or something in 2017 and we all get shafted.
We'll be fine.

Stop being a pessimist. :D

So tired of the Muv-luv emails.  Let me know when the game is actually shipping.  Never doing Kickstarter again.  And this is considered a successful one.  

So tired of the Muv-luv emails. Let me know when the game is actually shipping. Never doing Kickstarter again. And this is considered a successful one.
Most Kickstarters are pretty much like this, so it's certainly not unique to just this project. XD

Certainly can't get into Kickstarters expecting something timely.

I'm just happy Bloodstained is going to be retail, so I didn't have to back the KS, which would have given me fits to wait until 2018 for something that's been funded since forever, lol.

Patience is key, even if I hate patience. :*(

Maybe all these Kickstarters will release it for retail before the backers get anything. It's never happened before, right? Certainly not with some platforming spiritual successor of a blue android.

bread's done
Back