PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
When I first saw a video clip of Drive Girls, I couldn't help but think of this old cartoon, so I had to pre-order. LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j18e_ID-DpA

What the heck is Bad Apple Wars? That's the first I heard of that lol.
Official JP website:

http://www.otomate.jp/baw/

Aksys has been down to the wire with getting their games up for pre-order this year. I think it is likely because they are putting so much effort into running official fighting game competitions, but who knows for sure. Could also be a marketing strategy to attempt avoiding the online retailers from getting into pricing wars on pre-order pricing too.

playstationlifestyle put Bad Apple Wars as PSN only in their September 2017 release list. Hopefully that isn't true, but could very well be. If so, I will wait for a sale.

playstationlifestyle put Bad Apple Wars as PSN only in their September 2017 release list. Hopefully that isn't true, but could very well be. If so, I will wait for a sale.
tenor.gif

How many people even backed the physical? Surely not enough for a minimum print run, right? I wonder if they'll have to partner with someone to cover the rest.

How many people even backed the physical? Surely not enough for a minimum print run, right?
There were more than enough, and a bunch more after they hit the goals because the team decided to just open up the backerkit to anybody who asked, so yeah... lol

It's not an issue of quantity, it's an issue of everything else. :p

How many people even backed the physical? Surely not enough for a minimum print run, right? I wonder if they'll have to partner with someone to cover the rest.
Like 1300, not including the ones who joined through Paypal Donations and Backerkit. More than enough for a minimum print run. (Breach & Clear Print Run is 1500)

Remember, Sony's Minimum Print is significantly lower than everyone else.

Like 1300, not including the ones who joined through Paypal Donations and Backerkit. More than enough for a minimum print run. (Breach & Clear Print Run is 1500)

Remember, Sony's Minimum Print is significantly lower than everyone else.
Wow I thought less than 1k (forgot about Backerkit)

In all honesty, I kind of hope they don't release the physical edition of Muv Luv outside of backers. Maybe I'm being a little selfish, but we've waited so long for this that I feel like it should remain special/exclusive. It'd be like if LRG suddenly decided to release another ten thousand copies of Breach & Clear - everyone who bought one in the initial run (or paid a third-party premium for a copy) would feel ripped off.

Or re-release Kingdom Heart 2.5 steelbook. Or re-release SMT: Nocturne. Or release a better edition of MN9 for non-backers. Or re-release Etrian Odyssey 1-3. Or add 50% more copies of a Tales CE. Or re-release Ark and screw the early backers.

It happens. Don't buy games as an investment.

In all honesty, I kind of hope they don't release the physical edition of Muv Luv outside of backers. Maybe I'm being a little selfish, but we've waited so long for this that I feel like it should remain special/exclusive. It'd be like if LRG suddenly decided to release another ten thousand copies of Breach & Clear - everyone who bought one in the initial run (or paid a third-party premium for a copy) would feel ripped off.
They said that if there is a demand for more Muv Luv Vita, they will consider a reprint. And that reprint will be a few years down the line. But for now, it is Kickstarter-exclusive.

Or re-release Kingdom Heart 2.5 steelbook. Or re-release SMT: Nocturne. Or release a better edition of MN9 for non-backers. Or re-release Etrian Odyssey 1-3. Or add 50% more copies of a Tales CE. Or re-release Ark and screw the early backers.

It happens. Don't buy games as an investment.
Maybe I came across poorly - I didn't mean my post from the perspective of investment; I have no intention of selling my copies. Sentimental doesn't sound right but I suppose it's close enough.

Also, what's this about an EO3 re-release? It's the only mainline EO game I'm missing.

They said that if there is a demand for more Muv Luv Vita, they will consider a reprint. And that reprint will be a few years down the line. But for now, it is Kickstarter-exclusive.
Source? I'm not doubting you personally (you tend to know your stuff), but as far as I can tell they've been maintaining radio silence on extra copies.

Edit: I didn't realize the vita version already came out in Japan. Maybe this won't be too bad a wait though I'm not expecting it physical this year.

Kinda like how I already have the LRG release of Plague Road, but am still awaiting news on when I might receive my KickStarter Backer copy?

:cry: I've had a crappy night folks. On the way home from work about two hours ago someone in a Toyota SUV rear-ended my Mercedes while I was stopped in a dedicated yield turn lane waiting to make a right turn onto a busy road. Bent the crap out of the unibody. Managed to drive it home after the city police officer made the report, but the rear passenger side of the car isn't in alignment with the rest of the vehicle and the unibody in that section is to be blunt, wrinkled. Am not sure but what it may take a crowbar to open the trunk now. Best car I have ever owned... Managed to limp it back home but the rear was very evidently wobbling and pulling right, with a odd clank noise ominously coming from the right rear wheel well ever so often. So presently have no operable car, or at the least not one safe to be driving.

In retrospect, neither I nor the Toyota SUV driver were injured, and both our vehicles were capable of leaving the scene of the accident under their own power. That is something I suppose.

It usually takes a day or two for you to start feeling soreness around your neck given the amount of damage you reported as well, so take it easy and watch that neck for the next few days.

That's unfortunate - take it easy, hope everything works out for you friend.

I know it's probably the least of your worries given the situation you described, but the Plague Road Kickstarter versions are shipping out this week - got my shipping confirmation for it yesterday.

:cry: I've had a crappy night folks.
Total understatement. Man I hate that for you. As mentioned it may take a day or two before you start feeling sore. If you have any issues go to a doctor. I'm glad so far you are ok other than the aftermath of having a wrecked car to deal with. I had a much worse accident almost two years ago when a car came off a side road and t-boned my SUV. Being in a vehicle while it's doing a failing left barrel roll is not as fun as it is in videogames. Thankfully I walked way unscathed and never really got sore from it either. The insurance filing and getting people to do their jobs was frustrating. Best of luck to you getting everything sorted out and back on the road.

I remember being rear ended once by an uninsured motorist....was one of the worst experiences ever and the person fled....and later got some information from her plates or something and she had warrants for arrest and police didn't do anything, so had to fight it out with the insurance which lead to premiums going through the roof and eventually getting a settlement. I no longer have that insurance anymore...but good luck for sure. That was easily a worst case scenario.

Luckily for me, we were both insured and both carry liability on our policies. Still feeling fine other than depressed about the car. Have been to my insurance office today, and spoken on the phone with the claims agent from the other driver's insurance company. Due to the hurricane though they've sent most of their claims adjusters to Texas, so it could be next week before they can have a agent get with me in person about assessing the damages.

In Vita related somethingness, Farming Simulator 18 arrived in the mail, hooray? :whee:

Aksys Games having a Labor Day sale! Exist Archive only $19.99, Shiren The Wanderer: The Tower of Fortune and the Dice of Fate: Eternal Wanderer Edition only $39.99.

https://twitter.com/aksysgames/status/903361122157424644

Aksys Games having a Labor Day sale! Exist Archive only $19.99, Shiren The Wanderer: The Tower of Fortune and the Dice of Fate: Eternal Wanderer Edition only $39.99.

https://twitter.com/aksysgames/status/903361122157424644
When's ASW going to announce the √ƒmush∏room¬æRE:BOK+ version of Central Fiction so I can stop being tempted to buy vanilla when it goes on sale?

Is only the Day 1 Edition exclusive to Gamestop? Link isn't really clear if a standard physical edition will be available elsewhere for preorder.
One of the comments addressed this. The physical copy is only available through GameStop.

Edit: My bad. This LE is only available through GameStop. The regular edition may come up at another retailer, but I'm not seeing any other retailers mentioned on Twitter.

One of the comments addressed this. The physical copy is only available through GameStop.
I didn't see that in the comments and I went through them twice, though I did see this:

Also, sit tight for more #BadAppleWars availability info. More details coming next week. I promise.
1 reply 10 retweets 21 likes
What other availability info could they be talking about? Don't think they would make a statement and have details about a digital version.

Hmm...link doesn't work anymore
http://www.gamestop.com/ps-vita/games/bad-apple-wars-day-one-edition-only-at-gamestop/153014

I didn't see that in the comments and I went through them twice, though I did see this:

What other availability info could they be talking about? Don't think they would make a statement and have details about a digital version.
Pre-order links for the non-"Day One Edition" from other retailers is what I'm thinking. This is the first exclusive Vita game bonus GameSlop has had to offer since Lego: Star Wars: The Force Awakens.

bread's done
Back