PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
Freedom Wars for $4.80? Crap. I almost feel bad about getting it for $15 last holiday season. And I feel really bad about grabbing SSD for $28 (compared to today's $4.86), even if I did have a free $10 PSN voucher at the time. I've barely scratched the surface of that.

And at the same price, I might just grab MHFU digital so I can play it on my PSTV. Anybody know if there's an easy way to transfer PSP saves to Vita?

Freedom Wars for $4.80? Crap. I almost feel bad about getting it for $15 last holiday season. And I feel *really* bad about grabbing SSD for $28 (compared to today's $4.86), even if I did have a free $10 PSN voucher at the time. I've barely scratched the surface of that.

And at the same price, I might just grab MHFU digital so I can play it on my PSTV. Anybody know if there's an easy way to transfer PSP saves to Vita?
Use a PS3 I'd say!

Freedom Wars for $4.80? Crap. I almost feel bad about getting it for $15 last holiday season. And I feel really bad about grabbing SSD for $28 (compared to today's $4.86), even if I did have a free $10 PSN voucher at the time. I've barely scratched the surface of that.

PSP to PS3, PS3 to handheld Vita, swap memory card into PS TV.

Damn it's on the fence about getting Freedom Wars digitally, I already own it physically.
Digital space is extremely precious for the Vita. I'd keep the physical copy. For some like Soul Sacrifice Delta (which is only digital) there is no choice, though I will pick that up in the sale.

do you any1 of you knows the file size for freedom wars and soul sacrifice delta? also can you redownload games , after you delete it like on the ps3, with the vita tv

Sony is weird. They continually put up nothing for Vita on Tuesdays, but then they spoil the crap out of us in Flash Sales.

At this rate I'll never be able to buy a 64GB memory card to actually play the games I buy.

Can't reccommend Soul Sacrifce Delta enough especially at that price. Improves on everything from Soul Sacrifice plus a ton more added stuff.

Can't reccommend Soul Sacrifce Delta enough especially at that price. Improves on everything from Soul Sacrifice plus a ton more added stuff.
Would love to jump on it at that price since I heard the improvements are great, but that 3GB...

"Dear Sony: Please make your memory affordable or use standard memory type so that I have the free space to give you more money for digital content. Thanks!"

Would love to jump on it at that price since I heard the improvements are great, but that 3GB...

"Dear Sony: Please make your memory affordable or use standard memory type so that I have the free space to give you more money for digital content. Thanks!"
Dear customer, please give more monez for bigger size memory cards

love sony

I know I've definitely been spoiled by these. More so, as an excuse to save memory card space, I don't buy anything off PSN unless it's $0.99 or less.
Wish we got another .99 Flash Sale.
The last $0.99 sale sucked but I did buy some games from the one before that (Tokyo Jungle, etc.). I'm stingy with my digital spending even though I have $50 of credit from sales. I just haven't seen anything on sale that I have wanted since I prefer to own physical copies and for digital games it has to be something really good because I have a huge backlog. It doesn't have to be $0.99 but it does have to have a deep discount.

So I just bought a bunch of other junk today so I'm trying to not buy much on this flash sale. Would rather wait for another 99 cent sale. Still if I were to buy one vita game which is the better game, Freedom Wars or Soul Sacrifice Delta?

If a VITA game or a PSP game is on the VITA store, you can buy it, and directly download it to your PlayStation TV. It will show up in your downloads list. I've even downloaded PSP games to my PlayStation TV that aren't even on the VITA store this way.

So I just bought a bunch of other junk today so I'm trying to not buy much on this flash sale. Would rather wait for another 99 cent sale. Still if I were to buy one vita game which is the better game, Freedom Wars or Soul Sacrifice Delta?
Personally, I like Soul Sacrifice Delta better. Dark, twisted and pretty awesome monster design.

Guess it depends on if you like fantasy (SSD) vs Sci-fi (Freedom Wars).

Another reason to go with SSD is that it's only available digitally.

Soul Sacrifice Delta has a 82 on metacritic from 24 reviewers, Freedom Wars has a 73 from 33 reviewers. I always take metacritic with a grain of salt, but it depends on what kind of gameplay you prefer. Soul Sacrifice is more hack and slash with spells. Freedom Wars is more of a third person shooter with grappling hooks.

Delta's got a better story and is, in my opinion, a deeper and more playable game. Freedom wars has a great premise and interesting atmosphere, but the actual narrative isn't awesome. It also has random crafting, so you can end up grinding forever without ever creating a particular high level weapon you want.

That said, SSD and FW gameplay are pretty different. I'd watch some YouTube videos. If you're drawn to FW's style and mechanics, it won't be a bad purchase.

Honestly for the prices and how often new decent Vita games come out you may as well buy both. Whenever Toukiden Kiwami gets low price too, get another MH like game and even Ragnarock Odyssey Ace if you are feeling lucky (haven't played this one).

If you've ever connected your PSTV to your PC to backup games to it you can easily transfer PSP savedata that way. Where ever it created the Main folder should be a folder named PSAVEDATA. In that folder will be another folder that will have random letters and numbers. Then inside that folder you will place your MHFU savedata folder that you copied from PSP. Then you can transfer the save to the PSTV using content manager.

hey is batman 3 for vita good or should i just wait for the wii u version?
Well if you can get either, the wii u version dont you think? But its only 7-8$ on bestbuy.com why not just get both... obviously wii u version will be better.

My copy of Dragon's Crown arrived today from Hastings.

xv8Yuuj.jpg

iT0CKlg.jpg

And got fucking rekt in shipping. This is far worse than anything "new" from Gamestop.

And got fucking rekt in shipping. This is far worse than anything "new" from Gamestop.
Was it sealed or an open copy? A lot of the time, they ship directly from stores, often meaning gutted, beat up display copies (a la Gamestop) and unpredictable packaging/shipping quality. I know I've ordered a few new games that came gutted with slightly scuffed up/dinged up/dirty cases plastered with a bunch of price/clearance stickers. Nothing like yours, though.

I've only bad experiences with GoHastings, from damaged cases like you Dragon's Crown to games that flat out don't work. Their customer services wasn't bad though, in regards to refunds and exchanges (that turned in to more refunds).

Was it sealed or an open copy? A lot of the time, they ship directly from stores, oftendingsning gutted, beat up display copies (a la Gamestop) and unpredictable packaging/shipping quality. I know I've ordered a few new games that came gutted with slightly scuffed up/dinged up/dirty cases plastered with a bunch of price/clearance stickers. Nothing like yours, though.
I was excited to order Darksiders 2 for Wii U for $9.99 at GoHastings, and much less excited to receive a gutted copy with a dinged case. I just returned it. They were OOS and couldn't replace it.

That sucks. My copy of Dragon's Crown came in a bubble mailer in great condition.Thais is the first time I've ordered from gohastings, I didn't know so many people have had issues with them.

It was sealed.

It's just annoying that I've bought used products that were in better condition than this new one.
If the bag was damaged then it was damage from machines or something in the sorting centers, if the packaging has no scratches then it was at GH.

IMO I don't care for the vita cases, I have them stored away so I don't care about them.

I've gotten several orders from Hastings over the years, and while everything has arrived OK, some of their packaging practices leave much to be desired. LOL

If something arrived for me that bad, I would for sure demand a replacement, or a refund. Man, that copy looks like a dog had at it and lost. That's about the worst damage I have ever seen, especially for an item of that size.

Was it sealed or an open copy? A lot of the time, they ship directly from stores, often meaning gutted, beat up display copies (a la Gamestop) and unpredictable packaging/shipping quality. I know I've ordered a few new games that came gutted with slightly scuffed up/dinged up/dirty cases plastered with a bunch of price/clearance stickers. Nothing like yours, though.
Look at the number of copies being sold by GoHastings on Ebay. If there are a lot of them available, then you will likely get a sealed copy. If there are not many, then you will receive a gutted display copy. The Ebay listings are shipped from the actual store inventories. Their policy is to ship the sealed ones first and leave the gutted copies for last. Also, sometimes buying from the site directly may be a little cheaper since they charge $2 shipping IIRC.

xv8Yuuj.jpg

iT0CKlg.jpg
Yea, as several people have mentioned, GoHastings is shit. They ship opened crap out as 'new' Kina like GS tries to pull, but at least with GS you can just return it if you get one when you order online. I honestly dont get how those companies can sell opened banged up shit as 'new' How is that legal?

bread's done
Back