PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure how many this applies to, but Fred Meyers has 60% off a lot of games, including all vita games. I've seen Persona, Conception II (which I grabbed for $16), Lost Dimension, SpongeBob, Army from Hell, and Smart As among a few others at varying Freddy's in the Portland area. Each store seems to have at least two random vita games shoved in a corner somewhere. Nice to seem them out in the wild.

Has anyone received their Kickstarter copies of Muv-Luv yet? Mine is still listed as "ready to ship." I'm not surprised though, as I came in during the post-project backer kit timeframe. I'd imagine mine will be in one of the last few batches.

Has anyone received their Kickstarter copies of Muv-Luv yet? Mine is still listed as "ready to ship." I'm not surprised though, as I came in during the post-project backer kit timeframe. I'd imagine mine will be in one of the last few batches.
I haven’t received mine and it still shows “ready to ship” for me as well. I’m just ready to recieve my copies already. I really hope they are the ESRB versions too, otherwise I will have to sell and then buy on Amazon.

I haven’t received mine and it still shows “ready to ship” for me as well. I’m just ready to recieve my copies already. I really hope they are the ESRB versions too, otherwise I will have to sell and then buy on Amazon.
I received mine. They are ESRB versions, but they sent just the two sealed games, a separate boxed Figma and a second shrinkwrapped box with the CE stuff in one big brown cardboard shipping box. Frankly, the presentation was a bit lacking.

I received mine. They are ESRB versions, but they sent just the two sealed games, a separate boxed Figma and a second shrinkwrapped box with the CE stuff in one big brown cardboard shipping box. Frankly, the presentation was a bit lacking.
Was it packed well at least? I'm always more worried about damages, than actual presentation, but that matters to, just not #1 on my list(but for sure #2). LOL

EDIT: BTW, mine also shows "ready to ship", as I got tracking info ages ago, but nothing is active yet.

You will know when your Muv Luv is shipping when you get get an email from UPS.

US orders started shipping last week and they only send out 100-150 packages every day.

I haven't received it but I received a shipping notice four days ago on the 26th. However, when I check the tracking at UPS, the package hasn't even been mailed yet lol. Looks like it's about one week out still.

Awesome! So happy to hear they are the ESRB versions. Thanks for letting us know.

Has anyone received their KickStarter copies of Muv-Luv yet? Mine is still listed as "ready to ship." I'm not surprised though, as I came in during the post-project backer kit time frame. I'd imagine mine will be in one of the last few batches.
Received my shipping notice on July 23rd, but according to the tracking number they didn't actually hand the package over to UPS until July 27th. Presently UPS claims it should be delivered to me sometime on Friday, August 3rd. Would be just my luck for the Yosemite Super Volcano to blow it's top or the New Madrid Faultline to let a big quake rip and delay delivery indefinitely.

I haven’t received mine and it still shows “ready to ship” for me as well. I’m just ready to receive my copies already. I really hope they are the ESRB versions too, otherwise I will have to sell and then buy on Amazon.
Fingers crossed for the ESRB versions as well.

I received mine. They are ESRB versions, but they sent just the two sealed games, a separate boxed Figma and a second shrink wrapped box with the CE stuff in one big brown cardboard shipping box. Frankly, the presentation was a bit lacking.
Well not everyone can be GaijinWorks. It would be amazing if other companies would at least attempt to be as awesome, but oh well.

Finally got around to checking mine and it says "ready to ship" as well. The last update said that they expected everything to be finished shipping by mid August. So I'm just going to try and push it out of my mind until late August on where my copies of the games are (which is all backed it for during the actual kickstarter).

For those that received Muv Luv, did UPS require a signature?

When they were asking for address confirmations in May, I was in the process of buying a new place, so I redirected to my parents' place. The sale fell through, but I was stuck with it being shipped to them. If they aren't home and it requires a signature, I'm going to have to make a road trip in the next week.

Disappointing. I normally don't buy CEs that don't have games in the same box, so I might not have ordered if I knew the Muv Luv games wouldn't be in the CE box.

Incidentally, I also bought regular editions to play / sit on my shelf without opening the CE, but it looks like I can return those now.

Edit: And it was supposed to have a signed collector's display box, but instead it came with... a signed card?? The signature is smudged, too. Weak.

Disappointing. I normally don't buy CEs that don't have games in the same box, so I might not have ordered if I knew the Muv Luv games wouldn't be in the CE box.

Incidentally, I also bought regular editions to play / sit on my shelf without opening the CE, but it looks like I can return those now.

Edit: And it was supposed to have a signed collector's display box, but instead it came with... a signed card?? The signature is smudged, too. Weak.
They had all of us backers to vote on if we wanted our CE boxes autographed or if we'd prefer a autographed "shimiki?" card instead. The voting was nearly unanimous to have the autograph on a card.

They had all of us backers to vote on if we wanted our CE boxes autographed or if we'd prefer a autographed "shimiki?" card instead. The voting was nearly unanimous to have the autograph on a card.
Clearly, I didn't read the backer emails. Thanks.

It's also this price "new" at Gamestop. Possibly a universal drop. Also worth noting that only the Vita version is on sale for 19.99, even though both retailers have the PS4 in stock
The PS4 version is only a few bucks higher on Amazon ($24.40 last I checked). It seemed to have been dropping recently too, so it may eventually get down in the $20 range.

I wouldn't sleep on the Vita deals for sure. Less and less deals there for sure, and less and less buying of Vita stuff from me. I think I have some LRG stuff (like 2-3 games or so) and that's about it for the Vita. Had a good run at least.

Muv Luv CE Arrived!

WR4T75N.jpg

Hopefully nobody has a crushed CE box because that thing is paper thin and can only hold the artbook really... Vita games were separated and hidden in the paper used for cushion.

Looking back at the project, it always said that it would include "the vita games (in/with) the collector's edition box." I didn't see anything that indicated the case art would be unique, it was always the extra content that was listed as the KS Collector's edition exclusive stuff.

Muv Luv CE Arrived!

Hopefully nobody has a crushed CE box because that thing is paper thin and can only hold the artbook really... Vita games were separated and hidden in the paper used for cushion.
Man that box just so cheap I thought it was going to be made more better

Muv Luv CE Arrived!

WR4T75N.jpg

That figma is sick and makes me wish I backed the Kickstarter. Damn

welp my Muv-Luv figma came in a smashed box.  Because the top of the shipping box got compressed.  Very underwhelming package overall.  I was also thought us $150 backers were getting a full-sized, thick art book codex, but apparently I was wrong.

All in all I am somewhat pleased in the aspect that I learned a very valuable life lesson for the future, for only $150, and got some decent physical games.

I just got the physical Vita games myself. Should be coming in sometime. Too bad now I got to deal with some person on Ebay....ugg time to do a Paypal dispute...yay.

I wish I got the CODEX.
Yeah, I only got a chance to take a small look yesterday at mine, and it's pretty impressive. So are these rare or something? I only got it as I'm an art/guide book type of guy, and figured it would be cool in regards to game info and such. I really didn't know what to expect, or if it was something I needed or not.

I'm amazed it wasn't damaged to shit, as the packaging here was lackluster at best, but by some miracle everything seemed to slam around in some vacuum, as nothing was very secure. While not the best KS offerings I have ever received, all this stuff seems 10x better than my recent Shantae offerings(which took over 2 years). I don't remember what this cost me Vs. Shantae, but I'm fairly certain I could sell all I received for at least what I paid, and then some. Where the Shantae stuff I wouldn't come close to what I paid, as that stuff probably wouldn't sell for half of what I paid. LOL

No. They made a distinction between artbook and the codex. If you wanted the codex, I think you had to pay an extra $30.
I'm looking at it now, and due to the wording on the $125 tier I thought I was receiving the hardcover codex. I was wrong. Apparently you had to pledge in the $220 tier. *sigh* That was the item I was looking forward to the most.

Yeah, I only got a chance to take a small look yesterday at mine, and it's pretty impressive. So are these rare or something? I only got it as I'm an art/guide book type of guy, and figured it would be cool in regards to game info and such. I really didn't know what to expect, or if it was something I needed or not.

I'm amazed it wasn't damaged to shit, as the packaging here was lackluster at best, but by some miracle everything seemed to slam around in some vacuum, as nothing was very secure. While not the best KS offerings I have ever received, all this stuff seems 10x better than my recent Shantae offerings(which took over 2 years). I don't remember what this cost me Vs. Shantae, but I'm fairly certain I could sell all I received for at least what I paid, and then some. Where the Shantae stuff I wouldn't come close to what I paid, as that stuff probably wouldn't sell for half of what I paid. LOL
I don't know how rare it is. Maybe they will have some for sale at Conventions.

I'm looking at it now, and due to the wording on the $125 tier I thought I was receiving the hardcover codex. I was wrong. Apparently you had to pledge in the $220 tier. *sigh* That was the item I was looking forward to the most.
I believe you could've added the Codex separately for an extra cost. The $220 tier got the Codex for free I think?

I was disappointed with the Muv Luv CE. I thought we would get a higher quality box containing the games.

As others a have stated, the box is flimsy and the games were separate.

Oh good, my crushed Muv Luv CE box arrived just now.

I'm so happy.

Glad I waited, literally years, for this day.

a0c264ad6b12b28d7c58871d7f5a999c.gif

anime-pout-gif-2.gif

ndqv.gif

tumblr_nham95OVWg1rgfa0po1_500.gif

But my CE of Muv-Luv arrived on Friday in minty-mint condition. Sorry to hear anyone received a copy damaged, but can't say I'm surprised, afterall, what can "brown" do for you?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RX_-SoeKPOo

But my CE of Muv-Luv arrived on Friday in minty-mint condition. Sorry to hear anyone received a copy damaged, but can't say I'm surprised, afterall, what can "brown" do for you?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RX_-SoeKPOo
My was from DHL. Looks like they're using all sorts of methods since people have reported USPS and Fedex too.

The worst part is that it won't even be dealt with until after they ship out all of the original orders, which they "estimate" to be around the middle of the month, and after that, it'll still take time for them to sort through all of the requests, so more waiting again.

A very big part of me regret even going for this all those years back, and not foreseeing the possibility of this kind of a screw up, when I really should have.

A small dent on a corner, fine, but rips and tears on the box, not fine.

So salty...

bread's done
Back