PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
Vita is a true handheld system and fits in one's pocket.
No. No, not really. Even the PSP was too big to fit practically in a pants pocket; you could do it, but it was uncomfortable and I was always terrified the thing was going to snap if I was climbing stairs or getting into a car. The Vita is absolutely too chunky for pants pockets. Again, you can do it, but it’s even more uncomfortable, and it’s even more likely you’ll damage it.

Am I the only one who just can't get excited for the Nintendo Switch?

Original model was such a rush to market affair. Just a glorified tablet with severe issues. The Switch Lite I was cautiously optimistic for, and while it did address many of the hardware flaws of the original model, it's still just this massive rectangular thing that doesn't excite me in the least. Sure, it is undeniably getting some great games ported to it, but I feel no love for the system. I look at the Nintendo Switches, and all I feel for them is utter disappointment as Nintendo didn't learn much from their past mistakes.

Then, realizing Switch is the only "portable" system that allows you to play certain console game ports is just depressing. Switch is by no means a replacement for the Vita. Vita is a true handheld system and fits in one's pocket. Switch no. Switch Lite, maybe if you were wearing baggy cargo pants, but even then hard to say for sure if that would fit. So I don't know what's going to happen with the handhelds market at this point.

Evercade is out now, but I don't honestly see that capturing even a percent of the market as it has lower specs than the Vita, and the company behind it is all about wanting to push sales of retro game compilations on that platform. Sony has officially announced they've dropped themselves out of the handhelds market this month, with no plans for a future dedicated handheld system in the works. Microsoft considers their Surface Tablet PCs to be as close to a handheld gaming system as they care to get. So that leaves us with... well, Sega (optimism) and the mysterious unknown new contenders, such as Evercade, that are yet to be.

All that having been said, we're down to the final six R1 Vita games due for release in the coming months. One of those games goes on sale just next week, and two of these titles are in question if they will ever officially release to market at all. Still yet a trickle of English titles will be released out of R3 by Play-Asia's EastAsia Soft for as long as people are still willing to buy them and Sony is willing keep on manufacturing them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
PS Vita Region 1 Physical Game Directory and Checklists, and Regions 2, 3, and 4 Checklists:
http://www.tweeg.psoarchive.com/collect

Announced & Upcoming Vita Physical Releases for Region 1:
Listed alphabetically by year and quarter with release date after game title.

- 2019 -
- 4th Quarter

Rocketbirds 2: Evolution (12/27)

- 2020 - Release Dates Not Yet Announced -
Aban Hawkins & The 1001 Spikes - The Temple of the Dead Mourns the Living (TBA, if ever)
Papers, Please: A Dystopian Document Thriller (TBA)
Super Meat Boy (TBA)
VVVVVV (TBA, if ever)
Revenge of the Bird King (TBA)

Doesn't Nicalis still have the Binding of Isaac coming out on Vita for R1? Seem to remember that along with VVVVVV and 1001 Spikes.

I like my Switch quite a bit but the one thing i'm still not a huge fan of are the joy cons. The buttons on them are still not super comfortable and I hate that they are not mirrored on each side. I also feel the top buttons have sharp corners. It's alright but not ideal. The pro controller is nice though very overpriced. I usually play handheld too so I rarely use it.

The only thing I like about the joy cons is that I can easily replace them if I get drift issues. I've had to disassemble my Vita to replace joysticks to solve drift issues (no idea why it keeps happening to me), and while it's not overly complicated, I'm always afraid I'll permanently break something inside.

No. No, not really. Even the PSP was too big to fit practically in a pants pocket; you could do it, but it was uncomfortable and I was always terrified the thing was going to snap if I was climbing stairs or getting into a car. The Vita is absolutely too chunky for pants pockets. Again, you can do it, but it’s even more uncomfortable, and it’s even more likely you’ll damage it.
Depends on what kind of pants you wear....

rs_560x453-150220132948-1024.90s-jnco.jpg

I loved the idea of the switch from day one.  I just needed them to prove it with games and they did.  But I am a PSP-Go owner that has the dock and was fully on board with a hybrid system.  I also had the PSTV before I got my Vita and experienced going back and fourth between handheld and console that way and it was a step in the right direction.  The switch took this and perfected it because no longer was it competing with a console brother thus having some games blacked out like they were for the PSTV.  No longer did you need to transfer saves or deal with old video technology (talking PSP-Go Dock).  Everything pretty much plays well in both modes and you can change on the fly what mode you are playing in.   I've put a lot of time into the system.   I still love my Vita (and PSTV!) but no doubt it's the past and the Switch is the future.  The games they've managed to make run on that thing are impressive with nothing even remotely close to compare in the Vita library.   I mean a very playable Witcher 3 exists and looks better than anyone imagined.  Zelda BotW is actually better looking on the Switch than the WiiU version.  All of the niche Japanese developers, indie studios, and much of the big studios have moved to it.

It's not perfect, nothing is, but it works well.  I've played a solid 400 hours handheld in the last 3 months and was mostly playing docked since shortly after launch till then.   It's amazing as a console with the pro controller.  It works great as a handheld.  It's not a pocket system.  No one ever said it was.  It's more a purse system.  A HAND HELD not a Pocket Held.  I have a carrying case and prefer to keep it in that.  It almost fits in the pocket of my casual around the house shorts, but I usually just carry it in the case or just hold it.

That said, I'm not buying games like I did for the vita.  I'm being more picky.  he Vita got to be a firesale item with the games getting cheap and before LRG it had a library smaller than the Dreamcast (north american library).  It was like Dreamcast 2.0 time with it being on the market for a short time and stores getting rid of it all.  Still, what a great little system and a great time to get into it.

One of the biggest things to get excited for with the Switch is the non-proprietary memory.   Now it's not breaking the bank to get a card let alone opt to upgrade when card prices fall.  I haven't worried about space at all where as with my original Vita & PSTV that 8GB had to be managed.  I still was able to do a lot before upgrading to a 64gb card, but it was always a concern how much space something would take.

But I totally get it, some people can't get out of their own way with gaming.  For a long time I lived by the Dreamcast and Sega.  I didn't really enjoy the Wii or Wii-U.  I had a passing love with Sony, but never with the passion I had for the DC.   GameCube was great though.  XBox was a passing fad, though I still like a few of those games.  It'll be a while before you can love another handheld the way you did the vita.  It's also kind of hard when the Vita struggled and was unloved by the masses, yet the Switch get's everything and then some.  It's almost too popular now which makes it hard to jump in when you still feel bad the vita failed so hard.

But whatever the take, I looked at it like the Vita as a system with games.  Not a Nintendo system but just a game system.  Where the games I want to play are is where I'll go.   It's sad the Vita has long been dead now but they are holding hostage the last few games that were printed more than half a year ago.

I bought a Switch at launch, but I only have ~5 games for it. It's too big, the battery is dismal, the account system/generral ecosystem is a mess,and joycons aren't good controllers. While I realize the Switch Lite addresses most of these, I'd still rather play my Vita on the go and my PS4 at home. Similar to previous Nintendo consoles I feel like the generational gimmick took precedence over the actual console. I really only use it for exclusives, and there haven't been many good Switch exclusives for my taste.

The Switch is pretty much everything I want in a console right now.

I’ve caught up on a shocking number of games that previously were drawing cobwebs in PS3/360 form, it’s been fantastic for my favorite genre (arcade shooters), and the indie content including out of left field Cuphead and Ori is superb. It’s great on long road trips for the kids to play with one system. At home the kids get plenty of use out of it in the living room and I can take it to bed to wind down the evening. It’s essentially what I envisioned what the Vita should have been. Great first party support and a massive and varied third party lineup. I’ve been debating purging a lot of my Vita titles as they become available on Switch, have only held off as portable titles are usually the ones I regret selling.

I am a little suspicious that those Nicalis titles did not make some kind of deadline. Too much time has passed from when those demo copies showed up on eBay for me to think they are still going to get released. If they do get released, I suspect some contract is waiting to expire before they can sell them.

I’ve caught up on a shocking number of games that previously were drawing cobwebs in PS3/360 form, it’s been fantastic for my favorite genre (arcade shooters), and the indie content including out of left field Cuphead and Ori is superb. It’s great on long road trips for the kids to play with one system. At home the kids get plenty of use out of it in the living room and I can take it to bed to wind down the evening. It’s essentially what I envisioned what the Vita should have been. Great first party support and a massive and varied third party lineup. I’ve been debating purging a lot of my Vita titles as they become available on Switch, have only held off as portable titles are usually the ones I regret selling.
Yeah, once I get my Lite, it will for sure be mostly for indies, it just sucks most of what I want can be had cheaper elsewhere, so I guess I'll have to pay the tax to have them on the go. My most played game on my son's Switch has been Cuphead, as I really like that game, but since I have to play it on the TV(for pro controller), I don't get to play as much as I like. But since other regions seem to have some pretty good sales from time to time, I plan to wait on 50% off or under before I purchase any digital games.

This is pretty much how I feel about the Switch too, but I'll always love my Vita. The Vita is designed so brilliantly that it actually makes the games you're playing on it more fun. The D-pad and the face buttons feel great; they're probably the best of any portable I've played. It's built to draw your eyes to the screen (instead of the Switch which highlights the controls), which is good because the screen is STILL gorgeous. The touch screen is functional without feeling gimmicky. The sticks feel great and they're symmetrical just like the gods intended. The edges are rounded enough to actually feel comfortable in your palms, although I get hand cramps from everything nowadays so I still need to use a grip. And even though it's exclusive to the 2000, the aqua blue color is killer.

The Switch is more functional, and it's actually got support from both Nintendo and all the mainstream developers who want to cash in on it, so it'll probably keep me busy enough that I'll never play my Vita like I did 2-3 years ago. But man, strictly from a design perspective, it's going to be hard for anyone to top the Vita.

The only thing I don't like about the Vita (besides memory cards) is that the remote play wasn't fully thought out. They needed to release a Vita 2.0 with full L1/L2/L3 and R1/R2/R3 functionality (triggers and clicky thumbsticks). Or at least make it possible to custom map every button for every PS4 game you try to remote play.

For now, I've had to settle for using a myriad of different grips depending on the game (assuming I can get it to stop being so laggy)

Backpad L2/R2 (still have to rely on front screen touch or lower backpad touch for L3 and R3)

https://www.play-asia.com/l2r2-button-grip-cover-for-pch-2000-black/13/708qs3

Backpad L2/R2 and L3/R3 support (again, only helpful if L3 and R3 aren't mapped to front screen)

https://www.amazon.com/HORI-Vita-Remote-Assist-Attachment/dp/B01ERA94BY/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=hori+vita+grip&qid=1576679954&sr=8-1

Backpad L2/R2 and front touch L3/R3 but only at top of screen (some games have L3/R3 mapped to bottom corners of front touchscreen)

https://www.play-asia.com/l2r2-button-grip-cover-for-pch-2000-front-and-back-touch-screen/13/70bchf

Of all of those, the Hori is the most comfortable and robust

I will say this the Vita is and always will be my favorite handheld console. Getting trophies on the go during my lunch breaks at work since the launch of the console has been some of my most enjoyable gaming moments this generation. I got my first platinum trophy because of the vita and many more since. Cross buy really sold me on the idea of the vita and I still think it is an amazing value to buy a game and get a license to play it on up to three different consoles. The slim model, one I said I would never buy and I didn't, I got mine as a anniversary gift, is really just a better version of the console even though the OLED is amazing.

Now the Switch Lite is just as good or better than the Slim model Vita. It fits well in my hands. It is comfortable to play for long gaming sessions. It has four trigger buttons and the game catalog is amazing. I am currently playing Children of Morta, Valfaris, My Friend Pedro and Bloodstained on the Switch Lite and they all play great and are perfect for gaming on the go. It is a great handheld and a great value at the price. The internal memory is nice and memory cards for the system are cheap and affordable.

My only complaint with the Switch and Nintendo in general is the fact that I have to an internet connection to play my digital games. I have a regular Switch and a Switch Lite. The home standard switch will always be my primary console because my wife plays games on it all the time and I do not want to lock her out of any of the digital titles she loves to play like Stardew Valley. This only effects me because we have two Switch consoles. They way I get by this with the lite is I only play my physical releases on it so it don't require internet. Its annoying and I wish Nintendo would update their policies on digital games.

Overall I love them both and will be playing both for many years to come. I already have a huge backlog on both.

Nicalis has stressed some of its relations with developers lately, hopefully that has nothing to do with it.
Yeah I didn't realize they were having issues because their CEO is a jerk, but apparently that seems to be what is going on. Does make me wonder if The Binding of Isaac in particular will be coming out physically on Vita now that the developer has apparently cut all ties with Nicalis.

Also, I didn't realize that Ittle Dew 2 was delisted from all digital store fronts without warning. Glad I secured a physical Switch copy when I did.

I am a little suspicious that those Nicalis titles did not make some kind of deadline. Too much time has passed from when those demo copies showed up on eBay for me to think they are still going to get released. If they do get released, I suspect some contract is waiting to expire before they can sell them.
Speaking of Vita, where the heck are the Nicalis games?
The games are already printed, there's no danger of them missing a deadline. They just haven't released them yet and nobody knows why. Leading theories are stressed relationships with developers based on the recent bad publicity and them being in some ePeen contest with LRG to release the last physical Vita game in NA.

I wonder if part of the issue with LRG finishing off their last games (beyond the last physical release milestone) is not wanting to spend the cash to ship the free game to everyone.  Or are they charging shipping for the "free" game for those that spent thousands with them?  Maybe they run things more to the wire financially than seems possible?

If that were the case, they would just issue individual codes for people to add the free game to a future order. That's what they did when there was a delay with printing the Stranger's Wrath playing cards.

Well, with these nicalis games in mind, considering they get released in 2020, that means the vita got games from 2011 to 2020. pretty decent. I don't think the 3ds is getting games anymore.

Well, with these nicalis games in mind, considering they get released in 2020, that means the vita got games from 2011 to 2020. pretty decent. I don't think the 3ds is getting games anymore.
Limited Run Games announced a 3DS game that was a compilation of mutant mudds and a couple others that hasn't been sold by them yet. That's the only one I know of

Limited Run Games announced a 3DS game that was a compilation of mutant mudds and a couple others that hasn't been sold by them yet. That's the only one I know of
And unlike Sony, Nintendo hasn't shut off production of 3DS carts so future games are a very real possibility.

Outside of Japan the 3DS support is pretty much over. Everyone moved to Switch, it's successor which is nearly 3 years old.

None of the games pending on the vita are new. It's all older games that have long since been manufactured and are sitting in the warehouse for each company. I'd imagine many of the games will need day one patches to work right. Artificially extending the market for a system just doesn't seem pretty decent to me. It's a pathetic way to extend the market.

Hey, just a quick call for assistance:

I'm looking for the USA Slim, and I have had no luck. There are barely any on eBay, and the prices are super inflated. I'm only looking for Mint CIB or New. If someone happens upon one, can you give me a shout?

Sent from my Razer Phone 2 using Tapatalk

Hey, just a quick call for assistance:

I'm looking for the USA Slim, and I have had no luck. There are barely any on eBay, and the prices are super inflated. I'm only looking for Mint CIB or New. If someone happens upon one, can you give me a shout?

Sent from my Razer Phone 2 using Tapatalk
Good luck, in hindsight I wish I would have bought another slim when they were still readily available at most stores. I have 4 Vita's, 2xOLED and 2xslim and would love to get another new slim to keep in reserve. Having already replaced a joystick on one of my slims while my launch OLED is going strong worries me on their longevity. Slims are great but are they as durable.

Good luck, in hindsight I wish I would have bought another slim when they were still readily available at most stores. I have 4 Vita's, 2xOLED and 2xslim and would love to get another new slim to keep in reserve. Having already replaced a joystick on one of my slims while my launch OLED is going strong worries me on their longevity. Slims are great but are they as durable.
The fear of burning it out, so to speak, is what made me want to move to a Slim in the first place, as my launch 1000 has seen a lot of use, and I don't want it to get too worn. I've currently got a Japanese slim, but I'd really like to have the USA one for the collection. It is remarkable how much more comfortable the slims are, though!

Wow, this was harsh to read, being a huge Vita fan, but rings true.  

The 10 Worst Tech Product Launches of the 2010s

Sony PlayStation Vita
It’s 2011 and the world is embracing smartphone gaming, so what do you do? Launch a new standalone gaming handset, the Sony PlayStation Vita! In all fairness, critics and users thought the hardware was solid, but the game selection was minuscule and, at a launch price of up to $299, the Vita wasn’t cheap. Sony had targeted selling 10 million units in its first year, but only managed to unload less than halfthat. Upgrades and price cuts couldn’t save it, and the plug was finally pulled in 2019—making room for Nintendo's Vita-esque Switch Lite (nearly 2 million sold in just its first 10 days after release).

With the Vita, Sony doubled down on all the mistakes they had made with the PSP (trying to market it as a multimedia device instead of a gaming one, adding 3G, proprietary memory, using overly powerful components that raised the price too much, not bothering with proper TV connectivity in spite of the extra power under the hood, etc.), and this time they didn’t have Monster Hunter to bail them out.

Sony screwed the Vita before it even hit the shelves.

Hardware revisions are always cost-cutting measures for companies. The original is built like a tank. As you've already noticed about the sticks on the Slim, they are prone to wearing down or drifting. It's a very common issue for the Slim. People who own it like that it's lighter, but that just means it's more flimsy and more likely to break. I would take the Original any day.

On a related note, if you ever visit the Nintendo Store in NYC, they have a half-blown-up original Game Boy from the Gulf War on display that still works. The extra weight is definitely worth being built like a tank for Vita.

Maybe if Sony wasn't such a dickhead with their proprietary memory cards, and the complete lack of backing and support, then the Vita might  have taken off.  It was like they wanted their own product to fail.  Their public remarks a few months after the handheld launched were bizarre as hell. 

Anybody know is EastAsia softs physical release of Pantsu Hunter is censored?

EDIT: it is. I asked them via twitter

Anybody know is EastAsia softs physical release of Pantsu Hunter is censored?

EDIT: it is. I asked them via twitter
Could be worse, my copy, now the second package from Play-Asia in two months, has been stolen while in custody of the USPS! Habroxia and Mercenary Kings "went missing" while at a USPS distribution facility a couple of days before Thanksgiving. And now this game's tracking number ceased updating on the 20th of this month.

Wow, this was harsh to read, being a huge Vita fan, but rings true.

The 10 Worst Tech Product Launches of the 2010s

Sony PlayStation Vita

It’s 2011 and the world is embracing smartphone gaming, so what do you do? Launch a new standalone gaming handset, the Sony PlayStation Vita! In all fairness, critics and users thought the hardware was solid, but the game selection was minuscule and, at a launch price of up to $299, the Vita wasn’t cheap. Sony had targeted selling 10 million units in its first year, but only managed to unload less than halfthat. Upgrades and price cuts couldn’t save it, and the plug was finally pulled in 2019—making room for Nintendo's Vita-esque Switch Lite (nearly 2 million sold in just its first 10 days after release).
Click bait crap. Don’t get me wrong there are valid points but making light of the system lasting a nearly a decade is tacky and the Switch Lite numbers is silly. The Switch Lite had momentum from its parent console’s snowball sales which were mild at start too.

The Vita was great as an all-around system for general indie-dev and small-scale support. But one of its biggest issues was that it never got its "killer-app." There was no must-have title that was exclusive to the system to help drive sales. There was no Pokemon equivalent, no Monster-Hunter scale sales driver. Over time, the Vita got lots of games, but almost all of them were available on other systems. And many of the better titles that were exclusive for a time have since been ported to other systems, which makes the Vita less collectible.

Every system needs its exclusives. These titles can help to drive sales and push the value of the platform for more than just third-party support. The Switch wouldn't have taken off nearly as fast without Zelda and Mario in its first year. It would have likely begun absorbing the indie market that the Vita had previously supported, but its meteoric rise was heavily driven by its high-profile exclusives, most of which came from Nintendo's own in-house development. Sony did not properly provide the Vita with the same level of development support.

I don't buy into the idea that the game selection for the Vita was "minuscule" as the article mentions. There were quite a few games covering a lot of genres. Series such as Uncharted, Assassin's Creed, Need for Speed, LittleBigPlanet, Batman, Call of Duty, Sly Cooper, Rayman, etc were covered, and the games generally very well done. The system had a plethora of great racing games: Wipeout, MotoGP games, WRC games, F1, Need for Speed, to name a few. It was the best handheld ever in terms of music and rhythm games, too numerous to list. It had a lot of sports games: MLB series, FIFA, Virtua Tennis, Hot Shots Golf, Madden, etc., albeit it never got a NHL or NBA game. It had an absolute insane number of high quality indie games, many of which are on other platforms but play best on the Vita. Then there were games such as Tearaway, Gravity Rush, Toukiden, Danganronpa series, Jak and Daxter, Lumines, Killzone, Metal Gear Solid, and Minecraft that appealed to a large range of gamers. As for RPGs and visual novels, holy crap, did the Vita have an absolute ton of great games. Dozens of RPGs. It also had a decent selection of shmups, a lot of Lego games, and a lot of fighting games that were executed extremely well for a handheld. I haven't even touched upon the many great import games never released in North America.

There are several reasons the Vita failed, but saying it had "minuscule" game selection is plain ignorant. The primary reasons it failed are:

1) Sony spent all that money on r&d of a simply awesome piece of kit, then did a horrible job of marketing and promoting it. Then seemingly abandoned it all too quick. There are a lot of folks to this day who game but have little to no idea what the Vita is. Most everyone who games in one way or another knows what a 3DS is, but it's amazing how many folks are clueless about the Vita. Sony did an awful job of getting word out to the masses about the Vita.

2) Pricing. It simply cost too much for too long before a price drop.

3) Memory cards. What a dumb mistake on the part of Sony. Not only did they not market the Vita well, but if someone did look into buying a Vita they soon realized they would also have to fork over even more money for exorbitantly priced proprietary memory cards. People could buy a home gaming console and have money left over for the price of a Vita and a couple memory cards. To add insult to injury the largest and most expensive cards were failure prone.

While the Vita never lived up to expectations in terms of sales in North America, on a personal level I consider it a huge success in that I have a handheld with an immense and diverse library of games that I thoroughly enjoy. Remote play and PlayStation TV are nice side perks as well that involve Vita gaming.

Yeah, for all of us fans, we know most stories like this are complete BS, as within the first few sentences, the spin has already begun. I agree that the Vita failing was far from one specific issue, but many small ones, that made for the perfect storm. The reasons mentioned above are the usual suspects, and rightfully so, as each one on it's own is a complete bone head play.

One side of this that I don't normally see talked about, is probably just how perfect things had to be behind the scenes for this to actually have gotten released. This was probably green lit before the PSP was done, and back then the handheld market probably hadn't seemed to bad yet, as the mobile market wasn't full on as of yet. So by the time Sony probably had to make the tough call on to release this or not, they more than likely were pot committed and had no choice. They also had a gap in anything new leading up to the PS4 release, and I think that played in to this getting released as well.

But as soon as this hit the market, it seemed like all Sony cared for was the PS4, and if the Vita would have been promoted right, the two systems together could have been a killer combo at retail. If Sony had given the Vita just half of the effort 3rd parties and the "Limited" run market has, it would have sold another 20 million units. As the Vita truly was the greatest system ever that was DOA, as Sony couldn't have shown a bigger lack of interest after launch if this thing was named the Beta Max II.

you know, I didn't think about it before but the dead-on-arrival DOA Vita probably happened because that was right around the time that Sony almost went into complete bankruptcy.  But the company was saved due to their SOE games division. 

Google the Sony bankruptcy thing.  It wasn't well-reported on by the gaming media, and hardly anybody was talking about it, but it was certainly a real thing.  I'm sure that Sony had to consolidate their businesses around that time. 

Another issue is that they tried to make games that the system wasn't built for. Some of the worst reviewwed games were from some of the biggest 1st party titles, all of which came from early in the systems lifespan

They had plenty of games, but not the right kind of games. They needed more stuff aimed at a younger audience (which is the main audience of handhelds) like Nintendo does. That, to me, is a much bigger factor than the memory card prices.

I also think the vita was too advance for its time and a cut back on features to lower the launch price would of really stuck it to Nintendo's overpriced launch 3ds.
Ditch the rear touch pad, one of the cameras, the 3G, & microphone. Launch with a LCD instead of a oled.

Imagine a vita launching at $199 or 150?!

They had plenty of games, but not the right kind of games. They needed more stuff aimed at a younger audience (which is the main audience of handhelds) like Nintendo does. That, to me, is a much bigger factor than the memory card prices.
Yeah, but this has been the issue with every other handheld along side "N" since the beginning of the market. It's not so much other systems lack kids games, but the fact is, no other company besides "N" is associated with kids in that manner. Most kids game now are free on smartphones(or at least what most kids now get), and that is where that business went ages ago, and "N" is still the only other place consumers see as a kids device.

Sony, MS, Apple, etc are always seen as more adult products, as that is how they are priced as well. Even the NS wasn't really kid friendly at $300, and that's why we now have the Lite, to try and get more of the budget & kid interested consumers. So unless Sony had some really cool 1st party "Mario" type games, they could have had all the kids games they could have gotten, and it probably would have done very little in the grand scheme.

I just assumed that it was an issue on my as no matter what I did, i couldn't get it to process through PayPal. I used npe for both, so I just changed it to credit card and I'll eat the foreign transaction fee to make sure I get the games I might play someday. Maybe....

Does anyone know the vita games that require the most updates/patches that are not on the cart?
PSO2 has some insane patches. No clue what the size is up to now, but I think it was over 8 GB several years ago. Nothing else is even remotely close to it.

Play-Asia fixed the payment issues; I was able to finally pay for my copies of Knightin' and Metagal.

bread's done
Back