PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
Missed out on both. Site crashed when they went live, then my cart was all jacked up with extra items I couldn't remove. By the time I got it sorted, both were gone.

Missed out on both. Site crashed when they went live, then my cart was all jacked up with extra items I couldn't remove. By the time I got it sorted, both were gone.
I've never seen the site be hit with so much traffic that it crashed for a release. I was debating last night if I wanted to order Mooseman and I decided I would pick it up this morning. I did get a copy but I took over five minutes to get my order placed. I wouldn't have been mad if I missed it though. I had some loyalty coins to burn too and I don't think I will be ordering much from them in the future so I was glad I got the order in. Most of my coins are from the Vita releases I bought this year. I skipped the other game because I don't like the visual novel genre. I'm glad it's finally over.

Might just have to wait and hope that Play-Asia has leftovers for sale once they finish replacing damaged copies. I don't know of anywhere except VGP that sells Play-Asia's exclusives and even eBay doesn't seem to have any active listings.

I was able to get them this morning, but I really had to fight with the site for 10-15 minutes to actually get through checkout. Glad that's the last batch of games, it was getting reminiscent of LRG toward the end.

Well, I think I may just squeak out the platinum, I just have the DIY trophy left in Freedom Wars. I am up to a level 8 weapon and mats for level 9, but not sure if i have the last upgrade. Was a fun game, I am not sure why I didn't get very far the first time I played.

I really need to play less Elder Scrolls Online and play other stuff.

Any know if Resistance online is still working/possible? I still need the online trophy and never seemed to find anyone.

Maybe we need a CAG Vita group to finish online trophies.

Well, I think I may just squeak out the platinum, I just have the DIY trophy left in Freedom Wars. I am up to a level 8 weapon and mats for level 9, but not sure if i have the last upgrade. Was a fun game, I am not sure why I didn't get very far the first time I played.

I really need to play less Elder Scrolls Online and play other stuff.

Any know if Resistance online is still working/possible? I still need the online trophy and never seemed to find anyone.

Maybe we need a CAG Vita group to finish online trophies.
I know the vita subreddit does game nights sometimes for resistance

Yeah, Isaac showed up last year but VVVVVV and 1001 Spikes have been floating around for a few years. What we don't know for sure is whether any non-promo copies (i.e. without hole-punched UPCs) exist.
I know that its just this is the 1st time I have seen a physical copy of The Binding of Isaac

I just want to know if they ever really made an official run of games. I've never seen anything but hole punched promotional copies.
The fact that Binding of Isaac made it so long without promo copies being leaked gives me a glimmer of hope that Nicalis may just be really good about keeping it under wraps. Still makes no sense to me why they wouldn’t be transparent about it though, since it inevitably will lead to some horrible publicity. Which leads me to believe on the flip side that they just royally fucked up, and are just trying their best to sweep the whole thing under the rug. Regardless, the issue will never be forgotten, seeing as how their promo copies have become the grails for the system.

The fact that Binding of Isaac made it so long without promo copies being leaked gives me a glimmer of hope that Nicalis may just be really good about keeping it under wraps. Still makes no sense to me why they wouldn’t be transparent about it though, since it inevitably will lead to some horrible publicity. Which leads me to believe on the flip side that they just royally fucked up, and are just trying their best to sweep the whole thing under the rug. Regardless, the issue will never be forgotten, seeing as how their promo copies have become the grails for the system.
On the one hand it would be great if they were that good keeping everything hush hush, if this true, I'm more worried about the shitshow it will be to even purchase a copy. Most retailers underestimate how well their site/webhosting holds up under immense traffic.

For something like this, there would be so much angry, salty tears

Yeah, even if these are real, I'm not going to hold my breath on getting a copy of each game. I couldn't even get the last two Vita games from Play-asia because the server kept crashing.

I'd imagine if Nicalis did do a production run (which seems likely as why would the promo copies exist)... given they've waited this long... they might as well wait for all the dust to settle and keep flying under the radar so they can release the last physical vita game in the world.  LRG is still sitting on their stack of Bird King for vita with no clear plan of when they are giving them away to the diehard buyers.

Of course this will end up a major shit show... but I think if they offer the game first to email list subscribers that are also previous purchasers from their store... then they can gauge interest and then do a random drawing for who gets the option to buy them.  That would make it a pretty fair distribution without crashing their site from the onslaught of reseller bots, speculators, and the few remaining diehard full setters.

I may get the Mooseman but I have a strong feeling it will run like shit. I really don't care for visual novels so the other one is an easy skip. I really glad it is finally over. Now I will continue to grind out the platinums in Rayman Legends and Freedom Wars.

I finally got the diamond cup in Rayman Legends so I just need grind out my to level 11 awesomeness which sucks.
I've been deep into freedom wars since the announced server closure and I really am enjoying it.
I'm at the end game now though and it is really difficult with the AI. I hope I can get some online matches in to help me finish the final grind.
Did you luck out in the December weekly? I found out the day after and had been busy with family/work stuff - only trophy I need left and if fear I missed one if not the last easy glitched Murphy challenge. Where are people seeing the last physical? Play Asia? Maybe cause I’m on mobile the few images didn’t load correctly

Did you luck out in the December weekly? I found out the day after and had been busy with family/work stuff - only trophy I need left and if fear I missed one if not the last easy glitched Murphy challenge. Where are people seeing the last physical? Play Asia? Maybe cause I’m on mobile the few images didn’t load correctly
Yes I did get the Diamond Cup and I am still grinding out bronze, silver and golds in the daily and weekly challenges.
Probably going to take a few months to get to level 11 with the low player base.

Yes I did get the Diamond Cup and I am still grinding out bronze, silver and golds in the daily and weekly challenges.
Probably going to take a few months to get to level 11 with the low player base.
I'm not sure I'll even bother. I'm struggling to even get silver cups.

Vgplus (aka Gaming Citadel) has the Mooseman and Winter Daydream up for $58.49 on their eBay store. I caved and got Mooseman. It looks like Mooseman is release 72 and Winter Daydream is 73 if you zoom in on the spines on Play Asia.

I saw a post about the glitch about an hour after the new week started. On Ps4 I can get golds and have a few on Vita, but I am never going to get the Diamond without the glitch.

I'm not sure I'll even bother. I'm struggling to even get silver cups.
It took me a bit to get it to click, I am still not great at it but can occasionally get golds on vita and regularly on PS4. you need to key in on what stops/slows your momentum and interweave rolls and the arm spin to keeps your speed building. Check out a video of someone posting Diamond runs and my nonsense will make sense...

I figured it out, to get max distance you have to run as one of the princesses. It is kind of convoluted, but you pick the princess start the level to see which character is running end the level and select the character you saw, start the level again and you will be the princess.

HUGE THANK YOU TO YOU ALL for the bump; I was able to post the .99 distance and am showing diamond with sub 30 minutes or so left!!! This was my last trophy for the platinum and I had all but given up especially after missing the December weekly!

- to switch to princess in a nutshell or put another way; the game won’t let you be Murphy and a princess at the same time. I played first as princess; then chose Murphy as character and it’ll revert your sub character to your last main one used; here being the princess, go into the level again as Murphy and it’ll swap them out and boom. Maximum effort for the final .99 (was only getting .79)

Sold-out back-up extras for sale at strictly limited games Thursday, the 27th of January at 9 AM PDT / 12 PM EDT / 6 PM CEST.

SLG's Warehouse Clearance – Strictly Limited Games
Thanks for posting but wow that was a joke of a sale. Most items didn't even go up at 12 EST. The 1 item i wanted, i added immediately and before I could even click "submit" it got taken out of my cart. I had heard bad things about SLG in the past, guess their website isn't much better.

I found that everything was up early on the SLG warehouse sale. I was on the site at 11:57 AM and was able to add two games to my cart, but it wouldn't let me check out. Figured I had to wait until noon, but it turns out they only allowed one sale item per cart. There was no mention of this beforehand and it caught me off guard. Only ended up buying one game since I didn't want to pay shipping twice.

I found that everything was up early on the SLG warehouse sale. I was on the site at 11:57 AM and was able to add two games to my cart, but it wouldn't let me check out. Figured I had to wait until noon, but it turns out they only allowed one sale item per cart. There was no mention of this beforehand and it caught me off guard. Only ended up buying one game since I didn't want to pay shipping twice.
They pulled this same stunt during the last warehouse clearance. I was able to get two games but had to place separate orders and pay shipping twice, and their customer service refused to combine orders because they "no longer offer this service".

They pulled this same stunt during the last warehouse clearance. I was able to get two games but had to place separate orders and pay shipping twice, and their customer service refused to combine orders because they "no longer offer this service".
Yeah sucks people have to pay extra on shipping.

On the flip side though... I'd imagine this helps cut down on resellers looking to eat all the stock... and leaves more on the table for the average shopper. Also, by limiting to one item they can prepackage stuff and the overall process to ship could be fairly quick if they just have to slap a label on it. It would be interesting if SLG orders from this event show up in the USA before those that ordered domestically from the LRG warehouse clearout at the start of the year.

New psn sale has the most crossbuy Vita games I have seen in quite awhile. Might be worth checking out. I am planning to get Steamworld Dig 2 and Habroxia 2 both are $4.99.

Sadly, I think the 3rd party deal tracker sites are the only way to see these. Sony has removed anything to do with Vita from their web page. l saw this on psprices. I don't think dekudeals tracks Vita. I know there are others, but not sure of the site names.

Well, Sony just slapped us in the face again. If you were using a PS3 to store your Vita games (content management) you can no longer transfer your games and saves back to your Vita. Side loading is also dead on those "gray" games you could not download to your Vita directly. but would work if transfered. I get stuff is not endlessly supported, but a warning would have been nice...

Well, Sony just slapped us in the face again. If you were using a PS3 to store your Vita games (content management) you can no longer transfer your games and saves back to your Vita. Side loading is also dead on those "gray" games you could not download to your Vita directly. but would work if transfered. I get stuff is not endlessly supported, but a warning would have been nice...
Well that kind of stinks so I'm glad I have already loaded those few games that I cannot download directly from PSP and PS1 on my vita.

WTF Sony?!? This is getting fuck ridiculous. There was no good reason for them to do this other than they're activately trying to kill anything digital for the Vita.

Well that kind of stinks so I'm glad I have already loaded those few games that I cannot download directly from PSP and PS1 on my vita.
I think I have all but one loaded, but if you have a memory card go belly up you cannot get some of your games back.

Wow this sucks.   I'm kind of glad I've abandoned ship from Sony for digital purchases with the PS4 and PS5.  Still burns though to see the vita knocked down yet another peg from my purchases.

I think I have all but one loaded, but if you have a memory card go belly up you cannot get some of your games back.
While that is true I do own physical copies of these two games on PSP and PS1 (Gradius Collection and Castlevania Chronicles) and I still have both consoles in storage. I also have a hacked PSPGO and I can just put them on it. I might actually have those games on it currently. I need to charge my PSPGO. There are ways around Sony's killing of the services.

I bought these digital for Vita for the convenience and because they are some of my old favorites.

I haven't updated the firmware in my Vita for ages now.  Guess I should look to see if it can be repurposed to sail the high seas as this move leaves some of the games I legitimately bought unusable now.  And another reason added to the heavily stack deck why I'm tired of modern console video gaming & should just drop out of it.

I haven't updated the firmware in my Vita for ages now. Guess I should look to see if it can be repurposed to sail the high seas as this move leaves some of the games I legitimately bought unusable now. And another reason added to the heavily stack deck why I'm tired of modern console video gaming & should just drop out of it.
That is my line of thought at the moment. I enjoy collecting games, but physical games are turning into unlock keys and getting locked out of paid digital content is just obnoxious.

bread's done
Back