PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
If you are rubbing in Monpiece then you are making the game harder than it needs to be. Just tapping all over the place until you find the star spots and then tapping furiously on those will max out most of the girls while minimizing wrist strain.

Dat game...

S5t8nv7.gif
This guy's face is creepier than any anime girl rubbing.

I did. Went to PSM on my PSTV. Under RPG theres only some Solbrain games, ocean craft multiplayer, grand sun ryez, chaos rings, adventure bar labyrinth, and sword of rapier. That's it. Its missing all these cool RPGs you guys have mentioned.
Is there a PSM section on the PSN store site that I'm missing?
???

Time and Eternity REmastered Edition on Vita would've been perfect.
You know for him being such an avid Vita fan he doesn't post as much on this topic like I thought he would.

And sadly (for him) that won't happen I think since that developer went under? Maybe they'll come back some years later through re-releases like the way Interplay declared bankruptcy in the early 2000s and apparently are doing all right now by just relaunching their games on Steam and GOG.

Are there any people would recommend on the PSTV? Some games look like they wouldn't be as fun without the touchscreen.
You're going to get most of what's good on the Vita at about a fifth the price. If you don't have a Vita but you've been on the fence, get a PSTV instead when it's on sale for $40 or so (assuming you have a DS3/DS4 controller already--if not, wait for the bundle to go back on deep discount). If you already have a Vita, only get it if you want to play on a big screen (and let me tell you, some Vita games look glorious on a 50"+ TV), and wait for the holiday season, it'll probably be on sale for $20 before the end of the year the way it's been price-dropping.

I did. Went to PSM on my PSTV. Under RPG theres only some Solbrain games, ocean craft multiplayer, grand sun ryez, chaos rings, adventure bar labyrinth, and sword of rapier. That's it. Its missing all these cool RPGs you guys have mentioned.
Is there a PSM section on the PSN store site that I'm missing?
Can anyone confirm that those are the only RPGs under PSM>RPGs or not, pretty please? I'm wondering if its my region or what.

Once again, I was going on with the thread for PSM games, not the PSTV, in general. I already have two, so asking "Is the PSTV worth it?" is dead to me. Again, are there any PSM games for PSTV people would recommend?

Once again, I was going on with the thread for PSM games, not the PSTV, in general. I already have two, so asking "Is the PSTV worth it?" is dead to me. Again, are there any PSM games for PSTV people would recommend?

I don't know that it will scratch the same itch, but you should definitely check out Surge Deluxe (vita native). Very quality game in that vein, though not really like PQ... by the guys that did Velocity iirc. It's sort of a horizontal match 3 game on crack, hard to describe, but really compelling.

Check out Germinator too? Can't say I loved it, but it wasn't terrible.

On PSM, maybe Bullion Blitz? It's free 2 play irc so you can at least check it out.

I actually think the original (pre-arena) was better than arena, so check that out on your vita too. should be native... i believe it was f2p or dirt cheap, can't remember.

I think the original was just 'Treasures of Montezuma'? I put tons of hours into it (never paid for any dlc). Arena wasn't my thing tho

---------------

PSM --

someone (not me) did a 'top 40' on PSM list.

http://vigilantgamers.com/2015/06/29/top-40-playstation-mobile-games-part-1-of-4/

http://vigilantgamers.com/2015/06/30/top-40-playstation-mobile-games-part-2-of-4/

http://vigilantgamers.com/2015/07/01/top-40-playstation-mobile-games-part-3-of-4/

http://vigilantgamers.com/2015/07/02/top-40-playstation-mobile-games-part-4-of-4/

they've played far, far more of them than i have.
Did you see affa's post (quoted above)? The links he provided give some great recommendations on PSM games. I have some of the games recommended, included Rebel, Haunt the House, Out of Mind, Oh Deer!, AB Labyrinth, Aqua Kitty (this one is available as a better, full-blown Vita title), Alien Breed (same for this one), and Console Saga.

Browse for those games using your PSTV, and if they appear in that store, they should be available to run on it.

Did you see affa's post (quoted above)? The links he provided give some great recommendations on PSM games. I have some of the games recommended, included Rebel, Haunt the House, Out of Mind, Oh Deer!, AB Labyrinth, Aqua Kitty (this one is available as a better, full-blown Vita title), Alien Breed (same for this one), and Console Saga.

Browse for those games using your PSTV, and if they appear in that store, they should be available to run on it.
I did, and while some like Oh Deer! look perfectly fine to use a DS3 with, some like Gunhouse don't. Also, it may apply to PSM games, but just because it appears in the PSN store, doesn't mean it can run on a PSTV.

I got one today as well, for $4.99. The box says it fits both versions if that helps for you led vita owners… The spanish on the box is horrible, I was lmao the whole time, if it wasn't at BB and BB branded I would have called this thing fake because of the translation.

Anyways, as for quality seems rugged enough for airplane carrying, which is why I wanted it since I already have the hori hard pouch and the hori face cover for other times. It is not waterproof, they mention on the box that the rubber seal helps agains water damage, but don't go more specific. You can't realistically carry this insignia case around unless you put it in a bag/backpack
Is there room inside this case for anything other than the Vita? It's hard to tell from the pictures on the BB website.

Edit: I see the black Insignia case has some storage behind the screen flap so I assume the blue color does too?

Is there room inside this case for anything other than the Vita? It's hard to tell from the pictures on the BB website.

Edit: I see the black Insignia case does has some storage behind the screen flap so I assume the blue color does too?
it holds about 3 games also if that what you asking

Edit: I see the black Insignia case has some storage behind the screen flap so I assume the blue color does too?
3 games and a memory card. Don't think you can put anything too thick instead of those.

I wish Oh Deer and Boothill Heroes would show up on my PSM before it goes down... :( or all of these games mentioned in this thread

Very YMMV but I found a copy of Lego Batman 3 at my BB yesterday.  The tag was still marked $7.99 and I got it for less than $7 after GCU.  Again probably a long shot, but I figure there are probably many BB stores where the Vita section is largely unmaintained; maybe some others can get lucky and find this too.

I know it was marked down back in May so hopefully this will help at least one other person who missed it then - I did.

Saw Freedom Wars for $15. What is everyones opinion on the game?
You can use grappling hooks to climb onto huge robots and saw off their limbs. It's definitely fun, though I've heard late game (I haven't beat it yet) the crafting system has some issues and that late game (maybe post game?) bosses really require guns instead of melee.

Not an amazing deal, but if you missed out on the Sorcery Saga LE a few days ago and just want the regular game, Aksys currently has it on sale for $14.99 + $5 shipping (or free if you spend over $75). They have some others on sale but the prices aren't all that great.

Links:

Sorcery Saga: Curse of the Great Curry God

Sale page
thanks for posting this i got my copy today and it came with a nice poster for the game only problem aksys games took forever to ship the game out

FYI if anyone is interested, I was looking for Uncharted for my vita collection(physically) and I found this on ebay. 3 in stock but at decent price imo ~$15, plus your money goes to charity! :p

http://www.ebay.com/itm/351449224389?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
That's the best price I've seen. I lucked out with a user auction on GameTZ last year and won a copy for $9.

This morning I used a coupon at a local Play N Trade to get Injustice Vita for less than $15. Also the best price around I could find on that. They also have a used copy of Disgaea 4 Vita for $34. Those types of games bore me to death, but I have another 20% off coupon. Is it worth investing in for that?

That's the best price I've seen. I lucked out with a user auction on GameTZ last year and won a copy for $9.

This morning I used a coupon at a local Play N Trade to get Injustice Vita for less than $15. Also the best price around I could find on that. They also have a used copy of Disgaea 4 Vita for $34. Those types of games bore me to death, but I have another 20% off coupon. Is it worth investing in for that?
Games are a terrible investment. Only get if you'll play it. I don't think it will be that rare....maybe uncommon in the future but very few games are rare unless they have limited print runs.

Yeah at that price I doubt it'll ever be worth more. I'd count on it probably holding that value but that's where most mid range games hover for all systems...mario party, paper mario, ape Escape 2, castlevania 3, etc. Not really "rare" games but fairly in demand and hover around that price. Probably similarly with that game.

Games are a terrible investment. Only get if you'll play it. I don't think it will be that rare....maybe uncommon in the future but very few games are rare unless they have limited print runs.
Investing was probably the wrong word. I wouldn't resell it, but rather be okay with having it in my collection for that price even if I never play it.

I got Uncharted two weeks ago at a pawn shop for four dollars; didn't care for it though. I would try to sell it, but I'm a lazy man (and my schedule makes it hard for me to get to a post office).

Noticed today the Hyperdevotion Noire is now showing at $29.99 on a couple sites. Is the game a good SRPG? I'm wanting something in the genre to hold me over till Fire Emblem: Fates next year and thought this might be a solid choice.

Why is virtua tennis 4 so hard to find? It's not at like the 20 closest game stops to my house used, no new copies within 100 miles, and there's hardly any copies on eBay even.

So I'm really enjoying Tales of Hearts R on the Vita.

Is there another Tales game on Vita or 3DS that would be the next game to try?

This was the first one I've played.  Most seem to be on the PS3, which I unfortunately don't have right now...

TIA

This was the first one I've played. Most seem to be on the PS3, which I unfortunately don't have right now...

TIA
I would try Tales of the Abyss for the 3ds. Seems to be a fan favorite around here. I haven't played it yet, but it seems to be high on production values and good characters to boot.

I would try Tales of the Abyss for the 3ds. Seems to be a fan favorite around here. I haven't played it yet, but it seems to be high on production values and good characters to boot.
I'm actually playing that now. Main character I can't stand, though I hear this is intentional, but the rest of the game is pretty good so far. The 3D is barely implemented unfortunately but otherwise it seems like a good remake. Think all the cut scenes have been fully voiced so far though not the series trademark vignettes.

Oh and Mieu isn't my cup of tea either but he's still less annoying than Luke.

This was the first one I've played. Most seem to be on the PS3, which I unfortunately don't have right now...

TIA
I'm actually playing that now. Main character I can't stand, though I hear this is intentional, but the rest of the game is pretty good so far. The 3D is barely implemented unfortunately but otherwise it seems like a good remake. Think all the cut scenes have been fully voiced so far though not the series trademark vignettes.

Oh and Mieu isn't my cup of tea either but he's still less annoying than Luke.
Welcome to the Tales world jkimrey. Funny how I also started with Hearts R too.

No Xbox360? If you do there is Vesperia. Unfortunately the only other Tales game on the Vita (Innocence) is still in Japan only and God knows when they'll get around to that - if at all as almost all of the portable titles never make it to the States...or anywhere else. Well Tales of Eternia did get a UK English release on PSP. Good luck finding that.

@Eldritch: Still have to Start Abyss. Glad to know it's good though. I keep debating myself if I want to open my brand new copy of Legendia...I can finally play PS2 games on my PC monitors, woo-hoo!

I played Sorcery Saga and, while short, the dungeons run a little long, is a little too easy, and a little too full of worthless items unlike the tightly tweaked better examples of the genre.

But HOLY COW is it charming. If you have any love for goofy slapstick fun anime it is worth playing almost just for the story. I mean, don't get me wrong, it's nothing especially good, but as a comedy VN interspersed with inoffensive but inexpert Shiren-inspired roguelike segments it's enjoyable and worth the $15 or so.

bread's done
Back