PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
This sounds cheap but I guess appropriate darnit I paid $2.50 more for it than I should lol (see a few pages back) Is demon gaze worth playing? These bad reviews are putting me off. Lol
I'm not sure. I know it goes for a decent amount more and it seems like I've heard decent things about it on here or another forum. I ordered a copy but it looks like it's OOS online now at GS.

Hmm is 12.99 the cheapest its ever been?
I think it is. Cheapest I can remember seeing it.

I finally manage to find a TPU case when my friend reminded me to check AmiAmi. 

If anyone was interested, I got this light blue case.  It also comes in white, black, and lime green.  The colors are cloudy transparent so I'll be getting a skin for the back to make the blue stand out.  The yen to dollar ratio is pretty good right now

Yup the yen to dollar ratio is great since the yen is weak right now. It's helped me for paying for some expensive figures. The problem now is that there is less percentage off to make up for that. It is causing me to think twice about ordering some like the Sailor Pluto figuarts who is exclusive and goes for about $49ish or so on Jap sites+ shipping while it's still expensive around $45ish on Amazon but at least has free shipping.

I'm still buying less nonetheless.

I finally manage to find a TPU case when my friend reminded me to check AmiAmi. 

If anyone was interested, I got this light blue case.  It also comes in white, black, and lime green.  The colors are cloudy transparent so I'll be getting a skin for the back to make the blue stand out.  The yen to dollar ratio is pretty good right now

It's not that grindy. I didn't grind.

It's a relatively good dungeon crawler, and probably the best one on the Vita.
same. though i prefer the combat in operation abyss so far.

How you get that big muramasa trophy? I used the gold + gold + plus 2 + nameless/katana gem for literally close to a hundred times and still couldn't get it. Eventually gave up.

That was the only grind for me. one trophy due to a rare item... but it wasn't that bad. i wouldn't call a game grindy just because it has one fairly rare trophy. i mean, i had to grind demon's souls forever to get pure bladestone but that doesn't make demon's soul grindy.

I'm not sure. I know it goes for a decent amount more and it seems like I've heard decent things about it on here or another forum. I ordered a copy but it looks like it's OOS online now at GS.

I think it is. Cheapest I can remember seeing it.
I picked 1 at radioshack $12 and many months later picked 2nd copy for $5 at kmart :)

I would get it, but physical release for Revelations 2 makes that a no go.
I think you left out a 'no' after 'but'. Digital only sucks but I'll get it whenever it shows up on sale.

Supposedly there will be a physical version in Asia. I might import it if it has English VO

[quote name="letskissthesky" post="11331934" timestamp="1386556063"]I didn't see what you wrote, but I do know you quoted me. So I'm not sure if you were being negative or what. I do wish more people would support the system so they would put out more games.[/quote]
I just bought a Vita and I love it. It's taken over my PS3 purchases for those PS3/PS4 releases. It's a great system and definitely deserves more love.

I think you left out a 'no' after 'but'. Digital only sucks but I'll get it whenever it shows up on sale.

Supposedly there will be a physical version in Asia. I might import it if it has English VO
After viewing the trailer, it looks like the VO is in English for the Japanese version and the main gameplay UI is in English. If we go by past Japanese only physical releases of RE games, then items and story elements might be in Japanese. The Asian version looks to have English VO and Chinese Subs, but I can't find any other info on it.

Is Digaea 4 completely out of print? I can;t find a new copy anywere, and it appears all major retailers only have used copies, and only have it available for in store pickup.....of which no stores have available it seems.

Is Digaea 4 completely out of print? I can;t find a new copy anywere, and it appears all major retailers only have used copies, and only have it available for in store pickup.....of which no stores have available it seems.
My closest GS has it in stock used and new, though I'm sure the new copy is gutted. I might pick up a copy for the backlog (got a Vita 7 months ago; already have ~40 physical games and ~20 digital).

I just bought a Vita and I love it. It's taken over my PS3 purchases for those PS3/PS4 releases. It's a great system and definitely deserves more love.
I like collecting games for it. It is annoying when Asia gets physical releases and we don't but it also makes collecting and having those games a bit more "special." Not sure how to put it but I think you get my meaning. Lately I have been recently tracking down English games from other regions for PS1/PS2 like The Note, Hellnight, and Michigan Report from Hell so for the Vita I picked up Deception IV NP, Moero, and Soul Sacrifice Delta, etc.

I like collecting games for it. It is annoying when Asia gets physical releases and we don't but it also makes collecting and having those games a bit more "special." Not sure how to put it but I think you get my meaning. Lately I have been recently tracking down English games from other regions for PS1/PS2 like The Note, Hellnight, and Michigan Report from Hell so for the Vita I picked up Deception IV NP, Moero, and Soul Sacrifice Delta, etc.
I've been doing the same thing. Plus, with only a little over 200 physical releases (US + English releases only available in other regions, thus far) it's a system that it won't be too difficult to end up collecting the entire physical library for.

As a person from Michigan who has driven through Hell, Michigan, I now find the need to own Michigan: Report from Hell. And I don't even own a PS2.

Count me as one that will skip Revelations 2 because there isn't a physical release. Though Child of Light started as a digital only game across everything, and that received a surprise physical release for Vita last year.

To anyone that can answer: I'm not completely out of space on my 32GB card yet, but I have been thinking about when the day comes to upgrade to a 64GB card. Last year when Sony accidently flipped the switch that allowed people to redownload previously un-downloabable PSP games directly to their Vita (Motorstorm: Arctic Edge, Star Wars: Renegade Squadron, etc.) I was able to download everything I wasn't able to download previously. I don't have a PSP anymore, so this was a big deal for me. Now my question is: if I use the Content Manager to copy everything to my PC, I assume those PSP games would be able to be copied and transferred to a new 64GB card? Or am I out of luck and need to keep them on my current 32GB card? Thanks in advance!

Content manager should copy everything including system settings. I know when I migrated to the 64 gig from 32 gig I got back all my settings, my PSP games and also my Vita games. It didn't miss anything and I would highly recommend doing the WiFi transfer as the cord transfer failed me many times. WiFi didn't but was slow....but it did finish (I transferred about 26 gigs).

My closest GS has it in stock used and new, though I'm sure the new copy is gutted. I might pick up a copy for the backlog (got a Vita 7 months ago; already have ~40 physical games and ~20 digital).
OMFG, 40 games !!! Where do you find the time to play those many? I thought I was bad with around 10+ games backlog on the Vita including all the free crap I got through PS+.

I am not worthy. :)

OMFG, 40 games !!! Where do you find the time to play those many? I thought I was bad with around 10+ games backlog on the Vita including all the free crap I got through PS+.

Sadly, I don't have time. Thus the large backlog.

The fact that Target put most of their Vita stuff on clearance boosted the numbers significantly. I've also been picking up complete used copies at GS and other local shops whenever possible. If it's under $10, I'll get almost anything with halfway decent reviews.

Is it wrong to purge out games that even though you want to play you know you'll never will?

Good thing about Vita games is...they're so small you never have to purge em.

That said...I hope we all don't go 100% digital.

Other than new members to CAG I bet most CAGs have backlogs of 100+ games, and us long time CAGs....are likely 1000+....
I have way too many games in my backlog, been trying to sort out what I have as both physical and digital as well so I can either sell, trade or giveaway. Didn't even realize I had 150 PS3 digital titles until I made a spreadsheet, not including the ones I just bought from the recent flash sale. Just hoping by the time I try to play any digital title I don't have downloaded, they won't get delisted or something stupid (licensing etc). Don't even think any of my physical ps vita games have been opened either. I plan on playing them someday but with the way life is at the moment... got to pay for other peoples vacations first (aka bills).

[quote name="sovereignNX-73811" post="12825114" timestamp="1437755156"]Much easier said than done...but it just might actually happen. [/quote]
Well if you ever consider doing it please do go ahead and give us first dibs lol

Haha and I don't think it's bad to purge possibly well known games if you know you wont play them. I did that recently to some classic books I had in my library like Henry James Portrait of a Lady, but I can barely make it through his books so I got rid of the ones I have, though I know he's well regarded. 

Can I ask where do you shop for your import titles?

Sadly, I don't have time. Thus the large backlog.

The fact that Target put most of their Vita stuff on clearance boosted the numbers significantly. I've also been picking up complete used copies at GS and other local shops whenever possible. If it's under $10, I'll get almost anything with halfway decent reviews.
Still up? How'd I miss this sale lol

I own about 210 games for my vita, if you include psp and ps1 games. Around 125 are native vita titles.

All numbers approximate, based on psidle's download list count, dlc and such not counted.

If you add in ps+, there are another 130 or so.

Backlog as a way of life.

Note -- edited to separate out ps+ titles, which is why post below says 175 and my post says 125... about 50 are ps+.

Other than new members to CAG I bet most CAGs have backlogs of 100+ games, and us long time CAGs....are likely 1000+....
I wish I was kidding or exaggerating, but I legitimately have 1000+ games in the backlog. It's pretty shameful and pathetic. I'll never be able to finish them all, yet I keep buying more.

I'm not counting the metric shit ton of XBLA and PS+ games. I'm talking physical. A good portion of my house is wall to wall stocked shelves. Lots of games are in boxes as well. I'm working on reorganizing some of them lately. I'm such a nerd that I think it's very fun cleaning, organizing, categorizing, and alphabetizing games and blurays. I guess it's a hobby... or more like an addiction. At least it's healthier than smoking, drinking, or doing drugs.

The massive backlog building didn't start for me until I discovered CAG and learned how to get games cheap. That was over 8 years ago. On top of that for the past year or two I've been hitting up lots of pawn shops and thrift shops regularly buying up old games. God help me if I start hitting up yard sales. I would need to buy a storage unit or sell some stuff to make room.

Ok rant over. Kids, take this as a cautionary tale. Don't be like me. :shame:

I counted 247, I guess.
I think there are 330 something on the US store, using the wiki as a guide (sorted by US release date, cut and pasted into a spreadsheet).

Then add in PS1 and PSP games.

And there are over 100 games announced for the vita (NA).

More than enough to keep most people busy for ages, even discounting genres you don't like (I don't play platformers, for example). Heck, my ps1 and psp jrpg backlog alone would take years to clear.

My steam backlog is even more shameful, since I don't even play those. at least I clear games on my vita.

I think there are 330 something on the US store, using the wiki as a guide (sorted by US release date, cut and pasted into a spreadsheet).

Then add in PS1 and PSP games.

And there are over 100 games announced for the vita (NA).

More than enough to keep most people busy for ages, even discounting genres you don't like (I don't play platformers, for example). Heck, my ps1 and psp jrpg backlog alone would take years to clear.

My steam backlog is even more shameful, since I don't even play those. at least I clear games on my vita.
Are those only exclusive Vita titles ?? Not counting indie ports etc.

Are those only exclusive Vita titles ?? Not counting indie ports etc.
Who cares? I owned Binding of Isaac for years on pc before getting BOI: Rebirth on vita. I never played it on Steam. I platinumed it on Vita and it was my goty. A game is a game.

But to answer your question, of course not. Some games come out on more than one platform. We count them, just like we count Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty as games even though they're on multiple platforms.

Who cares? I owned Binding of Isaac for years on pc before getting BOI: Rebirth on vita. I never played it on Steam. I platinumed it on Vita and it was my goty. A game is a game.

But to answer your question, of course not. Some games come out on more than one platform. We count them, just like we count Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty as games even though they're on multiple platforms.
Hmm I don't count those as vita exclusives as they are on other platforms, thats why they are called multi-platform games. So I generally don't called them exclusives lol I just refer to them as games

Hmm I don't count those as vita exclusives as they are on other platforms, thats why they are called multi-platform games. So I generally don't called them exclusives lol I just refer to them as games
Nobody was calling them exclusive. We were discussing 'native' games.

'Native' means they aren't PS1/PSP games, it has nothing to do with exclusivity, as in 'it runs natively on the Vita, as opposed to being an emulated PSP game'.

You're the only one that brought up the word 'exclusive'.

Nobody was calling them exclusive.

Native means they aren't PS1/PSP games, it has nothing to do with exclusivity.

You're the only one that brought up the word exclusive.
Okay but you said native and said 330, which made me think actual native titles for the Vita only, my apologies :-({|=

bread's done
Back