PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
Marked anything special, or just ring up that way?
Just got back home, I opened Tearaway but God Of War collection I have not touched yet. Yes clearly marked with red tags.

This was the very last copy, but they had 3-4 copies of Tearaway left. 2-3 copies of FFX/FFX-2. (Which I *should* have just bought them all anyway.. Sent them to CAG's here for the cost + Shipping) I was down there for maybe 30 minutes after I posted the above and mentioned it in the PSN thread.. I should have just turned right around and headed back to Walmart. :whistle2:?

257jh1y.jpg

Any word on if Killzone: Mercenary is a part of this Walmart drop? It's literally the last physical Vita game I need.
I did not see it.

The typical games: Walking dead, MLB series, Freedom wars, BL2, and the 3 I mentioned. Also Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 for $13 I think?

They did have the Limited/Special Edition of Terraria for PS4 on sale for $19.99.

terraria_ps4_usa.jpg

I did not see it.
The typical games: Walking dead, MLB series, Freedom wars, BL2, and the 3 I mentioned. Also Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 for $13 I think?

They did have the Limited/Special Edition of Terraria for PS4 on sale for $19.99
Appreciate the reply. I'll take a pass at my local Walmart tonight if I get a chance and report back on anything I see.

I asked this awhile back, and I never got an answer, so here you go:

You CAN stream media from the PS4's media player (mkv's and such) to a PSTV. Just not blurays or DVDs.

I did not see it.

They did have the Limited/Special Edition of Terraria for PS4 on sale for $19.99.

terraria_ps4_usa.jpg
Darn it. I haven't been keeping up with this thread. Is that the complete list of Walmart clearance games? What other 3 did you mention? I know how Walmart clearances can be ymmv. I need to hit up my local stores ASAP.

Darn it. I haven't been keeping up with this thread. Is that the complete list of Walmart clearance games? What other 3 did you mention? I know how Walmart clearances can be ymmv. I need to hit up my local stores ASAP.
Pretty sure the list you quoted was just what backlash saw in general, not clearance. The clearance ones would be the 3 he mentioned previously, which was only a handful of posts further back..tear away, GoW and ffx/x-2.

I did see a GoW today, but that was it, and still $20. Only made it by 2 Wal-Mart's, and they didnt even have half a dozen Vita games each.

I still need to go by a couple others, one of which I know a saw a decent number of Vita games, but that was few weeks ago....

Reality: Keeping both.

Because of the weight, the Micro USB battery life i'll use the 2000 and the PSTV on my account, keep the 1000 for backup or just keep it just because it's a 1000.

If Sony drops out of the portable market altogether.. i''l probably grab a 3rd (or more) Vita due to the insane backlog i'll have with it.
--SAME HERE! -- I'm keeping my Slim Lime Green 2000 and black 1000 for LIFE! -- I also want a third one -- Really want the new Japan slim in blue or red --

Yeah, I recommend that PISEN vita charger adapter too. The vita's charger is too big to carry around but I'm usually carrying an ipad brick so now I'm able to charge the vita through that too. From what I read on a blog somewhere it changes something with the pin configuration that way it is power only is able to function just like the official vita charger when plugged into anything that has enough amps.

When it comes to charging my vita, I use a vita dock that I connected to my anker 5 port usb charger.  That thing is great.  I got 2 micro usb cables for my tablet and phones, vita, ipod cable, and a gameboy/nds/3ds/psp adapter cable all hooked up to it.

I recently picked up a ps4 during the gamestop trade in deal, but I'm finding there are more vita games that I want. There aren't many RPGs for the ps4. 

I have purchased PS3 games used from them before, they always come in a case and usually come with the original cover, but not always with manuals. Just note only games marked "used" not "previously viewed" are eligible for the promotion.

Gohastings.com is having a B1G1 sale on used games with code SMILEWEEK.
I just picked up Ninja Gaiden Sigma II Plus and Injustice: Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition for $21 with shipping
Wow..
Probably a few decent deals there.. But most of their "used" prices are $10+ higher than new prices just about anywhere.

Borderlands 2 used $24.99????? So you lose out on all the DLC, with NO option in the psn store to buy it.. And $10-15 higher than retail new price. Yep, Hastings is a goldmine!
Edit: I misread BL2... It's $34.99!..... Even worse.

Hot shots golf for $10 used, or $9.xx new on Amazon..

Just do research on prices before you purchase, b1g1 is a tempting offer.. Until you research prices.

[quote name="Thebacklash" post="12865016" timestamp="1439563152"]Wow..
Probably a few decent deals there.. But most of their "used" prices are $10+ higher than new prices just about anywhere.

Borderlands 2 used $24.99????? So you lose out on all the DLC, with NO option in the psn store to buy it.. And $10-15 higher than retail new price. Yep, Hastings is a goldmine!
Edit: I misread BL2... It's $34.99!..... Even worse.

Hot shots golf for $10 used, or $9.xx new on Amazon..

Just do research on prices before you purchase, b1g1 is a tempting offer.. Until you research prices.[/quote]
True, plus they charge shipping for each item you buy. The bogo still might work out cheaper than buying the games at a cheaper price separately though. Just do the math before buying.

Weird... I added Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters and Akiba's Trip to my cart, added the SMILEWEEK code, and it tells me the code is applied but doesn't actually apply any discount.  Anyone else having issues?

[quote name="Callidus" post="12865067" timestamp="1439565050"]Weird... I added Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters and Akiba's Trip to my cart, added the SMILEWEEK code, and it tells me the code is applied but doesn't actually apply any discount. Anyone else having issues?[/quote]
I was just picking up those two as well. It's because Akiba's Trip requires age verification. I signed in and then readded it to my cart (just hit update on the product page) and that worked.

Generally things do not come back in stock during the day, the available stock is updated once overnight and that is it.

[quote name="affa" post="12865229" timestamp="1439570270"]I'm confused... my vita 1000 charges with my PC via USB as is with the standard vita cable [on or off].

But i guess this could still help where that doesn't work...[/quote]
Correct, this product is intended to be used with battery banks or other wall type usb plugs

I'm confused... my vita 1000 charges with my PC via USB as is with the standard vita cable [on or off].

But i guess this could still help where that doesn't work...

I'm confused... my vita 1000 charges with my PC via USB as is with the standard vita cable [on or off].

But i guess this could still help where that doesn't work...
Hmm you sure it does charge while its on I use the Vita 1st gen and it never charges with just the usb when its on it has to be turned off

edit: Just searched info on this and it seems that the vita charges way more slowly when the vita is left on on a usb port then it turned off I just guess this adapter acts like the brick and gives it more juice

The way I primarily charge my vita is by using a 4 port charger that I mounted to the side of my desk after I got tired of using power outlet chargers. Charges fine with the first two ports that output 2.1amp although not at all with the following two that are only 1amp. Maybe later I'll upgrade to one that has all ports output 2.1amp because I often find myself needing to quickly charge more than 2 devices at a time.

Where that charge adapter is useful is for my portable power bank which strangely won't charge my vita on the high power port but on the lower powered one the charge light will flicker on and off causing it to take longer to charge.

Sorcery Saga is adorable and absolutely worth it for the story alone. Shame the gameplay is kinda... it's not BAD but it's certainly between you and the plot.

But when you can buy the game digitally for $15 with no sale...

Any of you pick up one of those PlayStation TV DualShock 3 Bundle? The Lego movie one? I got one for $40 a few months back when BBY was clearancing out their regular models. I had one for store pickup at GS and when i went in they didn't have it but had a few of the more expensive bundle with the controller. The guy looked it up and it seems they had screwed up and counted both sku's as the other model so he just gave me the bundle for the $40. Hell of a deal since it has the controller and everything

Weird thing though is it doesn't have a seal sticker on top. I thought all son systems have that round sealed sticker. Everything looks new in the package still but im a bit concerned about that, what with gamestops 'new' policy. Are they supposed to be sealed or not?

I picked up a 64 GB vita memory card used for $35 from a local shop.  I wasn't sure I was ever going to find a good deal on a memory card.  The prices on these memory cards is crazy.    I couldn't see myself ever paying $90 for one of these.

I picked up a 64 GB vita memory card used for $35 from a local shop. I wasn't sure I was ever going to find a good deal on a memory card. The prices on these memory cards is crazy. I couldn't see myself ever paying $90 for one of these.
That is an amazing deal since I can't seem to even find 32GB cards for that price. Mind sharing where this local shop is located? Or how you went about finding one in your area since it seems like I'm only surrounded by GameStops for miles lol.

That is an amazing deal since I can't seem to even find 32GB cards for that price. Mind sharing where this local shop is located? Or how you went about finding one in your area since it seems like I'm only surrounded by GameStops for miles lol.
I got it from a store called Disc Replay. I think they have a couple of stores in Indiana. It's one of the only used game and movie stores in the area. I went in to check the vita games and movies, and I thought I'd ask about memory cards. I asked for 16 or 32 GB, but they were out. I didn't expect them to have a 64 GB used memory card.

I picked up a 64 GB vita memory card used for $35 from a local shop. I wasn't sure I was ever going to find a good deal on a memory card. The prices on these memory cards is crazy. I couldn't see myself ever paying $90 for one of these.
crap i was over there the other day. One here in fort wayne says they have a 32 Gb for 40 and When they do have 64GB they are 60,,,, i think i would rather have new for 20 bucks more

bread's done
Back