PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
Ya, I think the only Telltale game I've seen/played where the choppiness made the game nearly unplayable at times was Jurassic Park on the ps3 (not sure if they've patched it since). I died multiple times in that one because the game ran choppy during some precision timed segments, basically screwing you over (I think there were a few action sequences where I had to memorize what you had to do just so I could manage to do it while the game was lagging)...plus the whole end of the game pretty much ran in slow motion.

They all seem to have their performance issues here and there, but, other than that one, they run well enough for the most part from my experience.
Nope, it was still horribly choppy when I played it earlier this year.

Nothing good for me right now.. Target only had four Vita games in the whole store, none of which were on clearance. Walmart didn't have any special deals, and Best Buy is almost as barren as Target. I already got the one game I wanted from them months ago, The Wolf Among Us.

Has anyone picked up Toukiden Kiwami yet? I saw a couple of new copies for Vita around $35+ or so. I got tired of waiting and was able to snag a PS4 copy for $35 with free shipping. I'll let you know how it plays. I never played the first one for Vita.

i tried the demo for the first one on the vita, its best explained (in my opinion) as a dynasty warriors meets monster hunter type game.  getting a full 100% in the game ive heard is the biggest nightmare.

overall i enjoyed the demo, im just not sure what kiwami differs from the first one.

Has anyone picked up Toukiden Kiwami yet? I saw a couple of new copies for Vita around $35+ or so. I got tired of waiting and was able to snag a PS4 copy for $35 with free shipping. I'll let you know how it plays. I never played the first one for Vita.

I'm trying to find a Kiwami case/cover/insert for Kiwami PS4, if/when you trade it in I'll buy the case from you.

I'm trying to find a Kiwami case/cover/insert for Kiwami PS4, if/when you trade it in I'll buy the case from you.
I hardly trade/sell my games unless it's too good of a flip to pass. I'll definitely keep everything with this copy because copies are beginning scarce. Thanks for the heads up on the gameplay style though. I know I'll be playing it for a while. Thanks again.

where did you find the ps4 version for $35? I've been waiting for it to hit around $30 before i pick it up

Toukiden Kiwami must have had a fairly low print run, on both PS4 and Vita. Prices aren't budging, and the game isn't widely available anymore. Not available at Target, Walmart, or Bestbuy. Or TRU, and Amazon prices are staying pretty high.

That is strange because just recently every GS store I have been to now have Kiwami new in stock for PS Vita.
Yes, but probably most stores have one or two gutted copies (which most people don't consider "new"), and the game is still selling at full price even though it came out 6 months ago. Not available at: Target, BB, Walmart. Vita price is staying fairly high, though Amazon has the PS4 version for $42 (3rd party, Amazon is still at $50).

Yes, but probably most stores have one or two gutted copies (which most people don't consider "new"), and the game is still selling at full price even though it came out 6 months ago. Not available at: Target, BB, Walmart. Vita price is staying fairly high, though Amazon has the PS4 version for $42 (3rd party, Amazon is still at $50).
Good point, I was lucky to find a store with a use copied so I ended paying $22 for it.

where did you find the ps4 version for $35? I've been waiting for it to hit around $30 before i pick it up
I went on eBay, and got super lucky. Guy posted a complete used copy for $45 or best offer. So I shot him an offer of $30. He declines and the new offer is $35. I gladly accept it, and paid for the game. There isn't an online pass or anything so I'm pretty happy about that. Also I believe the PS4 is region free so there's a lot of Japanese/European copies floating on eBay, but I wanted a US copy. Good luck on your bidding.

Edit: They also have new and used copies (Vita) on eBay as well.

Hey guys, be on the lookout for your Vita settlement codes/checks. I just got my code in the mail, but haven't used it yet. These where for $25 PSN credit right?

I went on eBay, and got super lucky. Guy posted a complete used copy for $45 or best offer. So I shot him an offer of $30. He declines and the new offer is $35. I gladly accept it, and paid for the game. There isn't an online pass or anything so I'm pretty happy about that. Also I believe the PS4 is region free so there's a lot of Japanese/European copies floating on eBay, but I wanted a US copy. Good luck on your bidding.

Edit: They also have new and used copies (Vita) on eBay as well.
ah, thanks. I dont buy used games though. Hmm... was the ps4 print really that low? Someone mentioned its already gone at BBY and that seems to be true. Im wondering if i should just snag it from Amazon for $50 or wait to see if it drops. Im just worried if i wait it will be gone and i'll pay like $60 through a crappy 3rd party seller

ah, thanks. I dont buy used games though. Hmm... was the ps4 print really that low? Someone mentioned its already gone at BBY and that seems to be true. Im wondering if i should just snag it from Amazon for $50 or wait to see if it drops. Im just worried if i wait it will be gone and i'll pay like $60 through a crappy 3rd party seller
I saw some new copies for $54 so it's around the same price on Amazon as well. You can't even order it from major retailers at the moment. I remembered that it was coming out like late last year, but completely forgot about it in March. Now it's hard to find a copy anywhere. I went to Walmart, Target, Best Buy. Not too sure about Toys R' Us.

Wow that's a great price, did you use store credit to bring it down a bit? It lists for $40 new, $38 used at GS.
It was $38 but right as I was about to pay the cashier told me I had GS points (which I totally forgot about) and I could use it towards the purchase.

Hey guys, be on the lookout for your Vita settlement codes/checks. I just got my code in the mail, but haven't used it yet. These where for $25 PSN credit right?
Just got mine in the mail today and for the amount of $25.

so i needed to get a USB cable for my original vita 1000. I ordered one from amazon here

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006PP3YMU?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

unfortunatly i had to use a 3rd party seller, which i hate doing. Sure enough instead of the regular retail packaging i got a cable in a friggin plastic baggie. I think i got it from A4c. Im going to be sending that back, but problem is i still need a cable. Any idea where i can find a new,  REAL retail usb cable for the original vita?

so i needed to get a USB cable for my original vita 1000. I ordered one from amazon here

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006PP3YMU?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

unfortunatly i had to use a 3rd party seller, which i hate doing. Sure enough instead of the regular retail packaging i got a cable in a friggin plastic baggie. I think i got it from A4c. Im going to be sending that back, but problem is i still need a cable. Any idea where i can find a new, REAL retail usb cable for the original vita?
Looks like this is also A4C, but they sell them on eBay for $9.99 and free shipping. Their description also specifies that it's OEM Sony (although it doesn't specify that it comes with the retail package):

http://www.ebay.com/itm/OEM-Sony-PS-Vita-Charge-Sync-USB-Data-Charging-Cable-Black-Playstation-Wire-/361040440355?hash=item540fafec23

unfortunatly i had to use a 3rd party seller, which i hate doing. Sure enough instead of the regular retail packaging i got a cable in a friggin plastic baggie. I think i got it from A4c. Im going to be sending that back, but problem is i still need a cable. Any idea where i can find a new, REAL retail usb cable for the original vita?
Curious, is it OEM? The OEM ones have the PS logo on them and they fit and remove from the port very easily. I have some 3rd party USB cables for the 1000 Vita. Connectors are a bit more stiff but the wire is made from weaker plastic/rubber and does not have the PS logo on it.

I have 2 generic Vita 1000 cables that I got for less than $5 each. They both work fine. I hate getting ripped off on cables. It's just a wire with insulation around it.

Toukiden Kiwami must have had a fairly low print run, on both PS4 and Vita. Prices aren't budging, and the game isn't widely available anymore. Not available at Target, Walmart, or Bestbuy. Or TRU, and Amazon prices are staying pretty high.
I expect a price drop to $30 should happen within the next month or so. I would hold out if anyone is looking to purchase Kiwami. If you look at the price history on camelcamelcamel:

Toukiden: The Age of Darkness

Released: February 2014. Price stayed steady until around July 2014, where it saw a drop to mid $30s. Finally, a price drop to $30 occurred around August 2014. Took about 6 months for the price to drop to $30.

Toukiden: Kiwami

Released: March 2015. Price stayed steady until around August 2015, where it saw a drop down to mid $30s. If pricing for Kiwami drops in the same time span as Age of Darkness, we should expect to see the price drop to $30 occur after 6 months, which would be end September to early October 2015.

This is of course just a guess based on what happened with The Age of Darkness, but it would definitely be possible for the $30 price drop to occur by next month.

You might not be able to be picky about them going forward, seeing as they are discontinued.

I regards to the Vita money...... Are we talking email, mail on your system, or snail mail? Because I have moved like 3 times since I got my vita.

I regards to the Vita money...... Are we talking email, mail on your system, or snail mail? Because I have moved like 3 times since I got my vita.
Yeah, you had to file a claim, and then they will send it to your address used. If you didn't file a claim, nothings coming.

Picked up Hot Shots Golf (used) from the GoHastings 40% off deal.. gets here, with online pass code in box. And it was unused!

Not like i'm going to go play it online much.. but nice bonus.

I saw some new copies for $54 so it's around the same price on Amazon as well. You can't even order it from major retailers at the moment. I remembered that it was coming out like late last year, but completely forgot about it in March. Now it's hard to find a copy anywhere. I went to Walmart, Target, Best Buy. Not too sure about Toys R' Us.
I expect a price drop to $30 should happen within the next month or so. I would hold out if anyone is looking to purchase Kiwami. If you look at the price history on camelcamelcamel:

Toukiden: The Age of Darkness

Released: February 2014. Price stayed steady until around July 2014, where it saw a drop to mid $30s. Finally, a price drop to $30 occurred around August 2014. Took about 6 months for the price to drop to $30.

Toukiden: Kiwami

Released: March 2015. Price stayed steady until around August 2015, where it saw a drop down to mid $30s. If pricing for Kiwami drops in the same time span as Age of Darkness, we should expect to see the price drop to $30 occur after 6 months, which would be end September to early October 2015.

This is of course just a guess based on what happened with The Age of Darkness, but it would definitely be possible for the $30 price drop to occur by next month.

Hmm... maybe i'll wait another month or two and see if it goes down anymore. I just really hope it doesn't shoot back up to $60

Looks like this is also A4C, but they sell them on eBay for $9.99 and free shipping. Their description also specifies that it's OEM Sony (although it doesn't specify that it comes with the retail package):

http://www.ebay.com/itm/OEM-Sony-PS-Vita-Charge-Sync-USB-Data-Charging-Cable-Black-Playstation-Wire-/361040440355?hash=item540fafec23
well thats bullshit because the amazon page clearly shows the regular retail package. Im filing a complaint and getting my money back tomorow. Who knows if its really OEM or some used thing or wha.

Curious, is it OEM? The OEM ones have the PS logo on them and they fit and remove from the port very easily. I have some 3rd party USB cables for the 1000 Vita. Connectors are a bit more stiff but the wire is made from weaker plastic/rubber and does not have the PS logo on it.
I'll take a look tomorow and let you know. I'm not opening it but it should be easy enough to see since its basically in a friggin baggie with one of their stickers keeping it closed.

anyway as far as the cable itself goes i think i found 2 options

Nippon yasan

https://www.nippon-yasan.com/playstation-vita-japan/995-sony-playstation-vita-cable-usb.html

and tiger direct

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=8667843&SRCCODE=WEBGOOPA&scid=scplp733866&gclid=CMeL1-HXzMcCFVBqfgodEuQLXg

think Nippon yasan would be cheaper but not sure if thats the official sony one for the 1000 or not by the picture. ANyone know?

*edit* wait a minute that says 4200 yen not 420... no that wouldn't be cheaper. LOL im tired

I have one of those triple charger cords.. Vita 1000, micro USB, and psp. (Non Go)
Works great as a backup, used the official one as the one I carried with the vita and the triple I plugged into the 1000 stand.

I swear I saw the official 1000 cords somewhere for under $10, 15-20 with the brick.

Outside of a couple Lego Jurassic World's, my Best Buy has nothing but full priced Freedom Wars, MLB 15, and Minecraft. But alot of them.

Outside of a couple Lego Jurassic World's, my Best Buy has nothing but full priced Freedom Wars, MLB 15, and Minecraft. But alot of them.
So the only 2 physical Vita games they are selling is Freedom Wars, and Lego Jurassic World.

My best buy is sold out of Minecraft, for some reason. it didn't go on clearance either.

I remember when Best Buy was the place to go for PC and Console games. With 4 ilses dedicated to PC/Mac games and 6 ilses dedicated to N64, Gameboy Color, Ps1 and Dreamcast. With better selection then Walmart, EB Games and Circuit City. With a Giant display of 9 TV's that was dedicated to the N64 demo unit, (later the PS2) that you could see all the way out into the parking lot.

Now the store feels open and empty. while the game areas have moved, there is still 6 sections. However each section is half the previous size and are barely at 40% capacity. I wish Best Buy would stop focusing on Phones and Tablets.

:End "90's kid" rant:

Yep, I just got back from my local BB as well and this was the exact extent of their Vita selection. I'm not sure why I even bother going in to look anymore. At this point every trip in is kind of like Charlie Brown setting up for a field goal with Lucy holding the ball.

Yeah the reason I was there was to pick up The Wolf Among Us, which I assume there got the last copy when purchasing online or they shipped it to the store.

I agree Best Buy used to be great for games. They had plentiful, new releases for Dreamcast after it was discontinued while other retailers had already liquidated their supply. I remember kicking myself for a few years when I didn't buy Last Blade 2 for Dreamcast for $15.

Mine are slightly better....they have the same games yours have, and the Neptunia games (Rebirth 3, Dynasty Warriors one) and Operation Abyss. One other one also has Dungeon Travelers 2, which was good since that's the one I was looking for. 

Yep, I just got back from my local BB as well and this was the exact extent of their Vita selection. I'm not sure why I even bother going in to look anymore. At this point every trip in is kind of like Charlie Brown setting up for a field goal with Lucy holding the ball.
Nice Charlie Brown reference. Can't wait for the movie at the end of the year.

bread's done
Back