PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
For those who are still looking for Gravity Rush and have a PS4, Sony announced a GR remaster and GR 2 for PS4...Just an FYI.  I was going to pay for ebay price for GR, but I'll just wait. 

For those who are still looking for Gravity Rush and have a PS4, Sony announced a GR remaster and GR 2 for PS4...Just an FYI. I was going to pay for ebay price for GR, but I'll just wait.
I wonder what kind of "remastering" they can add to the game aside from increasing output to 1080p. The game won't look as nice if they keep the same draw distance intact. It's harder to tell in the Vita due to the screen but I can't imagine playing this on a big screen with popups every 10 steps away from the girl. Can't wait for the sequel

For those who are still looking for Gravity Rush and have a PS4, Sony announced a GR remaster and GR 2 for PS4...Just an FYI. I was going to pay for ebay price for GR, but I'll just wait.
Luckily there was a few Vita games also announced. Looks like we will be rocking this thread for some time.

I've grabbed a couple when the prices were right. Never had any issues. I would also add that I've bought a quite a few DS and 3DS games as well, and never had an issue with the label. Typically, the cases look brand new, without the shrink wrap of course.

I'm going to wait on Destiny, if it hits $10 or less I might get it just to mess around with it. 

Jumped on Operation Abyss: New Tokyo Legacy ($20) rarely does Gamefly have a decent sale on Vita games and this one has been hanging at $40 everywhere I have gone. 

Posted this in the Target clearance thread, figured it makes sense here as well:

Total haul from three Targets (two yesterday, one today):

Vita:

207-20-1886 Lego Marvel Super Heroes - $5.98

207-20-0072 Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus - $5.98

207-20-0051 Dungeon Hunter Alliance - $8.98

207-20-0121 Dead or Alive 5+ - $5.98

207-20-0069 Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz - $5.98

207-20-0707 Assassin's Creed: Liberation - $8.98

207-20-0127 Tearaway - $11.98

207-20-0071 Ridge Racer - $8.98

207-20-0094 Street Fighter X Tekken - $11.98

207-20-0106 Killzone Mercenary - $8.98

207-20-1443 Angry Birds Star Wars - $5.98

207-20-0908 Rayman Legends - $8.98

207-20-1188 Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - $5.98

207-20-0962 Minecraft Playstation Vita Edition (download only) - $5.98

207-20-0109 Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 Plus - $5.98

207-20-1440 Lego Chima: Laval's Journey - $5.98

PSP:

207-20-0422 Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker - $5.98

207-20-0452 Secret Agent Clank/Daxter dual pack - $4.48

207-20-0451 Syphon Filter: Logan's Shadow/Killzone Liberation dual pack - $4.48

The only game that I wasn't able to find that I wanted was Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3.  If anyone has a spare they would like to trade for any of the above please let me know :)

The Westborough, MA Target was apparently cleaned out last night. Scalper bought like 15+ titles. There was a Minecraft and two Borderlands 2s left. I grabbed the Minecraft to give to my cousins (it's crossbuy, right?) and a Borderlands 2 for anyone here interested to trade.

I'm looking to get either:

- Tearaway

- Metal Gear Solid HD

- Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 Plus + Minecraft (another copy for myself)

Either one of those for Borderlands 2.

When I ran a bunch of those numbers through Brickseek, the prices for the majority of the locations are still showing as only 50% off, not 70%. Is this accurate, or does it just not refresh with the updated price as quickly? Some stores in San Antonio are already reflecting the 70% savings on Brickseek, but here in Austin they are still showing just 50% off. 

EDIT: In addition to that problem, there also isn't a single copy of Batman or Ninja Gaiden 2 Sigma in my area for 100 miles all the way around. If someone has the chance to grab these two at 70% off I'd be very appreciative. 

When I ran a bunch of those numbers through Brickseek, the prices for the majority of the locations are still showing as only 50% off, not 70%. Is this accurate, or does it just not refresh with the updated price as quickly? Some stores in San Antonio are already reflecting the 70% savings on Brickseek, but here in Austin they are still showing just 50% off.
It's usually pretty accurate and it's the stores themselves that are usually behind.

It's usually pretty accurate and it's the stores themselves that are usually behind.
Thanks. Really sucks though. I'm waiting to spring on a copy of Tearaway for 11.98 cuz it isn't happening at 19.98. There are only 3 copies left so I guess I'll need to watch Brickseek like a hawk to see when either of the stores here have it with the updated price. And at that point I'm guessing I'll be competing with people from SD who may very likely grab everything remaining to re-sell.

Grabbed a Copy of Ridge Racer this morning for $8.98 and a copy of Tearaway from gohastings for $14.28 with shipping.
None of the targets in my area have any more copies of Tearaway.

The only other game I have interest in the Target Clearance is Lego Marvel but it is not available in my area.

Has anyone bought Vita games from Gamefly before? I'm worried the sticker might be fucked up.
Always fine for me. You even get exterior boxes and sealed soundtracks. I've bought dozens and dozens of ps3/4/vita games from them and have never once had something not in VG to Like New condition.

My haul

Dead or alive 5+ (5.98)
Ninja gaiden sigma 2+ (5.98)
Lego Batman 2 dc super heroes (5.98)
Ultimate marvel vs capcom 3 (5.98)
Kingdom hearts birth by sleep psp (2.98)
Lego Star Wars III psp (5.98)

Luckily there was a few Vita games also announced. Looks like we will be rocking this thread for some time.

I've grabbed a couple when the prices were right. Never had any issues. I would also add that I've bought a quite a few DS and 3DS games as well, and never had an issue with the label. Typically, the cases look brand new, without the shrink wrap of course.
I'm surprised that they announced new colors for vita.

Found some Vita games: mostly the stuff no one cares about...I really don't know if I want Lego batman 2/Marvel Vita. MLB 15 I heard is bad so I'll stick to 14. Got me Minecraft and NFS Most Wanted for $6 each. Nice. Plenty of Rayman Legends and Dungeon Hunter copies all over Phoenix. Just beware a few stores that have Vita games still haven't accepted 70%. Far North Scottsdale and Power and Ray are two of them so don't go there yet. 

See the Target thread for the good stuff...

Stopped by my local target and they had the new 70% prices. Tearaway (just picked it up for 20 bucks, doh!), Rayman, Borderlands, Angry Birds Star Wars, and a few Lego games. I know another Target had Ninja Gaiden 2+. I'll see if they still have it later today.

I couldn't pull the trigger on Rayman or Borderlands since I already own them on Xb1 and PC. Are there any cool features that the Vita versions have?

Damn, i just noticed the limited edition for hyperdevotion Noire jumped in price. One sold for 249.99. i remember debating if I wanted or not at retail price for a couple of weeks. And I passed on it. Is the game even good lol?

I like TRPGs and got bored really quick. Maybe its just because I was coming off of Monpiece, but so tired of chibis and fan service. There are way better options in the genre.

I hit two more Targets in N Florida today. Both still at 50% off instead of 70%.

Picked up these anyway
Marvel vs Capcom
Rayman Legends
Dead or Alive 5
Assassins Creed
Ninja Gaiden sigma2

Returned AC: L for 15 and re-bought it for 10!

Also picked up these, Don't really think I'll play them but the price was good, if anyone else was looking for these you're welcome to have them for the exact price I paid (plus shipping) 

x0FpdEel.jpg

Returned AC: L for 15 and re-bought it for 10!

Also picked up these, Don't really think I'll play them but the price was good, if anyone else was looking for these you're welcome to have them for the exact price I paid (plus shipping)

x0FpdEel.jpg
I'll take you up on your offer if they're still available. Want Ridge Racer and Rayman Legends.

If you like drpgs i think Op Abyss is a very solid entry.  Solid dungeon design, solid combat, etc.  Some interface aspects feel a little dated for the genre, but nothing terrible.  Some mechanics were quite cool - for example, there is a sort of danger meter -- the longer you stay in the dungeon, the more powerful enemies get.   It was a bit too easy for me, but I have a lot of experience in the genre so that's often the case.   It's not as easy or beginner friendly as Demon Gaze, but it's also superior to that in many ways.   Second only to Dungeon Travelers 2 as my favorite in the genre on Vita.   Most of its flaws come simply from being based on an older game, and inheriting some dated mechanics/interface, not actual bad design.

If you don't like drps, though, it won't convince you to like them.  Demon Gaze is probably best for that.

Thanks got Abyss for $21 with tax.
Was going to buy for $40 on amazon.
Going to buy a vita soon.

Does it cine with box usually?

This is a really odd request: If anyone happens to have Ridge Racer and a scanner, I would sincerely appreciate scanning the cover art and PMing it to me. It's the only Vita game I own without cover art. The only thing I'm this OCD with is my videogame collection. I've been printing out lots of covers on cdcovers.cc and The Cover Project, but I can't find the Ridge Racer vita cover art available anywhere to print. I've checked 5 targets and it's not in stock at any Gamestops within 74 miles. I stupidly bought it on Gamestop.com and just as I assumed, it ended up being cart only.

Back on topic. I hit up 3 more Targets today and walked away with:

Rayman Legends $8.98

Angry Birds Star Wars $5.98

Dungeon Hunter Alliance $8.98

Downton Abbey Season 5 DVD $6.66 (AS-IS sticker)  :D/

Now I'm just on the hunt for:

Need for Speed Most Wanted,

Metal Gear Solid Collection,

Minecraft,

AC liberation,

Killzone,

Mortal Kombat,

and Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2

I already hit up 5 Targets and doubt I'll be able to make it to any further away stores this week. I actually saw Assassins Creed and Minecraft, but they were still only 50% off. I'll check back next week, but I guess I shouldn't get my hopes up too much.

Bought a ton of vita games from another local Target store in Cincinnati.  Will post pictures later.  Should note I did leave a lot of games behind too.  I'll post photos of that later on too.  Target is making go poor with all these great deals.

Got a confirmation today that my copy of Resident Evil Revelations 2 shipped from Play-Asia.
Can't wait until this one arrives.

$32.99 plus shipping, but I prefer to get physical
Oh I'm the same way. It's a title I'd totally want to own physically over digital. Still the cheap ass in me isn't sure I can spend that much on a single game. I guess for importing a vita game it isn't a horrible price.

bread's done
Back