PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
What are some good Vita RPGs? I currently have Toukiden, SF x Tekken and Disgaea 3. Also any deals on those RPGs?
Persona 4: Golden is the best RPG on it right now. There are some others on PSN like a couple games from the Atelier series. I never played those games, but from my understanding they are only okay. Your best options are to pick up old PSP/PS1 RPGs on PSN. They have pretty much everything you could imagine like Final Fantasy 1-9, Chrono Trigger and Chrono Cross, and Xenogears from PS1 and Persona 3 Portable, Legend of Heroes Trails in the Sky, and many others from the PSP.

Edit: Forgot that Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster comes out on Vita in about a month. That is definitely worth picking up as well.

Persona 4: Golden is the best RPG on it right now. There are some others on PSN like a couple games from the Atelier series. I never played those games, but from my understanding they are only okay. Your best options are to pick up old PSP/PS1 RPGs on PSN. They have pretty much everything you could imagine like Final Fantasy 1-9, Chrono Trigger and Chrono Cross, and Xenogears from PS1 and Persona 3 Portable, Legend of Heroes Trails in the Sky, and many others from the PSP.

Edit: Forgot that Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster comes out on Vita in about a month. That is definitely worth picking up as well.
Isn't X-2 a download code or something?

What are some good Vita RPGs? I currently have Toukiden, SF x Tekken and Disgaea 3. Also any deals on those RPGs?
Persona 4 is a given. Ys is an absolute must but you wont' find any deals on that since it just hit in November. The Dragon Fantasy games on PSN are interesting retro RPGs, not mind blowing but not bad either.

I picked up Persona 4 Gold because of all the good things I've heard about it. Can't wait to play it!

To stay on topic, I got Touch My Katamari for $9 on clearance at Best Buy. Haven't played any of the games, only a demo when it showed up on the 360. I figured for under $10 i could get some enjoyment out of it. They also had Lumines for $14.99 on clearance which I also got

Picked up 2 copies of Dungeon Hunter Alliance for about $12 each after clearance and with GCU at BestBuy. They've been sitting on the shelf for a while and I finally decided to pull the trigger.

Was wondering what people thought of this game? Got this game for my son and I to play together so I'm just interested in how fun it might be with one player or two. Are there any game breaking glitches, etc.. We have lots of games so its not a necessity but $12 seemed like a good price. I'm sort of on the fence about keeping or returning.
I really like Dungeon Hunter Alliance. Bought it at launch for the Vita, and enjoyed the hack 'n slash gameplay. Graphics are pretty nice, the game is not complex, its good for a fairly mindless action/RPG. I picked up an extra copy from BB for the same price (with GCU) just to have a spare; it really has been very slow to go down in price on the market.

In my opinion, the Vita needs more action/RPGs like this. We did get Y's Celceta recently, which is an excellent game, but I'd love to have more action/rpg Diablo-like games for it. I think you and your son will really enjoy the game, while not the most complex or deep, it is a lot of fun!

Click thumbnails below for larger screenshots:

[attachment=3256:dungeon hunter alliance screenshot3.jpg]

[attachment=3257:dungeon-hunter-alliance-screenshots-ps-vita-1.jpg]

[attachment=3258:dungeon hunter alliance screenshot4.jpg]

[attachment=3259:dungeon hunter alliance screenshot2.png]

[attachment=3260:dungeon hunter alliance screenshot1.jpg]

I really like Dungeon Hunter Alliance. Bought it at launch for the Vita, and enjoyed the hack 'n slash gameplay. Graphics are pretty nice, the game is not complex, its good for a fairly mindless action/RPG. I picked up an extra copy from BB for the same price (with GCU) just to have a spare; it really has been very slow to go down in price on the market.

In my opinion, the Vita needs more action/RPGs like this. We did get Y's Celceta recently, which is an excellent game, but I'd love to have more action/rpg Diablo-like games for it. I think you and your son will really enjoy the game, while not the most complex or deep, it is a lot of fun!
I was REALLY looking forward to Ruin/Warriors Lair for the Vita when it was announced. That was probably my most anticipated title for the Vita, I was super bummed when development was canceled. I wonder why?

I was REALLY looking forward to Ruin/Warriors Lair for the Vita when it was announced. That was probably my most anticipated title for the Vita, I was super bummed when development was canceled. I wonder why?
I was too! I think they were pretty far along in development, and I REALLY liked what I saw! Can't believe they pulled the plug on the game when so much work had been done on it, what a huge bummer.

As to why, all I can think is that they felt the game wasn't shaping up to be competitive (especially since DH:A was already out), so they just decided to cut their losses and scrap it. :cry:

SFxTekken isn't an RPG. :p

Toukiden just came out about two weeks ago so the only place with a deal would be the Amazon Warehouse. SFxTekken should be free on PS+ at the moment if you go that route. Disgaea 3 was on there as well, but I'm not sure if it's available anymore. I haven't really seen Disgaea for lower than 25 in a LONG time. I bought the game for around $20 when I got my Vita over a year ago and hasn't been cheaper since AFAIK.
I know, I have these games. I'm not saying SF x Tekken is an RPG, just stating what I have at the moment. I have PS+, just looking for more recommendations. Ive been eyeing P4G.

I know, I have these games. I'm not saying SF x Tekken is an RPG, just stating what I have at the moment. I have PS+, just looking for more recommendations. Ive been eyeing P4G.
Persona 4 is fantastic, also as part of the sale starting today Persona 2 for PSP (which is backward compatible with Vita) is only $3.49.

Word has it the developer wasn't up to snuff. It was quietly canceled by the Sony San Diego studio that was publishing it.

Been trying to find Little Big Planet for cheap for awhile now. Tips, places, ect.? What is the price range for "cheap"? Maybe I'm just being to cheap. Lolz

Seriously, I was going to do the BBY thing, but they didn't have it around me. :'(

For those that were asking about Lumines if you're PS+ it's $6.50 on PSN this week.

Persona 4 is fantastic, also as part of the sale starting today Persona 2 for PSP (which is backward compatible with Vita) is only $3.49.
It's the PS1 version of the second half of Persona 2, not the PSP remake of the PS1 version of first half of Persona 2.

For those that were asking about Lumines if you're PS+ it's $6.50 on PSN this week.

It's the PS1 version of the second half of Persona 2, not the PSP remake of the PS1 version of first half of Persona 2.
Yeah, I saw that last night when I went t went to download it. Still, $3.49 for it is a fantastic price.

Nice gonna grab it.  I got Tekken but fighting games outside of MK games have never been able to hold my interest so I deleted it.  Hopefully I can at least get one Vita game out of PS+ this month.

Word has it the developer wasn't up to snuff. It was quietly canceled by the Sony San Diego studio that was publishing it.
Hopefully it wasn't completely scrapped and they'll continue development one day. Is it me or does Sony always seem to give up on things that their fans are most passionate about and instead release things like Wonderbooks and PSASBR?

Hopefully it wasn't completely scrapped and they'll continue development one day. Is it me or does Sony always seem to give up on things that their fans are most passionate about and instead release things like Wonderbooks and PSASBR?
Wonderbook I agree with, but PSASBRR is actually a really fun game.

Picked up Batman Arkham Origins Blackgate at Target for $20. It was regular price and the last one in my area so i quickly snatched it. Pretty fun, alot more fun than i thought it would be and i love the others in the series.

You can pick up Persona 4 Golden new at gamestop for $20 . Better then having to pay shipping from amazon.

Picked up Batman Arkham Origins Blackgate at Target for $20. It was regular price and the last one in my area so i quickly snatched it. Pretty fun, alot more fun than i thought it would be and i love the others in the series.
New MSRP? It's been $30 for a little bit, didn't know it dropped again.

Went to target today and found batman origins blackgate for the Vita (2 left). Price matched the website for 20, thanks for the heads up.

FYI, the console version will be releasing 4/1 at $19.99 MSRP and have a fixed in-game map display.

Definitely sold in stores, I picked one up a couple hours ago.
Must be my area then. Every week my local stores carry less and less, constant "send backs".

Edit: out of the closest 20 stores within 200mi, only ONE carries it.

LEGO Harry Potter 5-7 for $7.99

http://www.gohastings.com/product/GAME/LEGO-Harry-Potter-Years-5-7/sku/286508382.uts#.UyZIEdw5NfM

I was tempted to get it, but meh, I only like Lego when I play with my girlfriend. Figured this would just sit on the shelf. Someone else might dig it.

Sorry if it has been in another place, but hey, this is the cheap vita thread!
It's all good. Anytime a deal pops up pertaining to the OP Subject, post whenever you like. I believe that's the lowest it's been. I could be wrong though.

Best bet right now is probably used at GS. Believe it's $25.
Does Dragon's Crown Vita have an official MSRP 29.99 now (at least at Gamestop it's this)? I'm waiting for a 15 dollar or less price on it, esp since bought digital but will always, always, always want physical copies.

Bought and played through Batman Origins Blackgate on my vita and I have to say that the game is pretty average. It's just ok.

The game itself is fun to find secrets in but I found the boss fights to be the extreme of either too simple or frustrating. That could just be me though.

Bought and played through Batman Origins Blackgate on my vita and I have to say that the game is pretty average. It's just ok.

The game itself is fun to find secrets in but I found the boss fights to be the extreme of either too simple or frustrating. That could just be me though.
that's a nice deal.

bread's done
Back